Pages:
Author

Topic: · - page 14. (Read 48691 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
December 31, 2013, 02:00:17 AM
markm: Man, stay real. Forums domains don't get sized because of one thread.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
December 31, 2013, 01:56:56 AM
So maybe if nothing else they could send the forum itself a cease and desist for aiding and abetting "conspiracy to violate a Trademark" or some such.
The forum is operate anon too.

It is a dot org domain, thus well within U.S. ability to shut down / seize.

-MarkM-
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
December 31, 2013, 01:22:53 AM
I think this has gone on long enough.  I'm sending this over to Visa's legal department, see what they think about this nonsense. And for "VisaCoin"...

Trademarks and Brand Names
The trademarks, logos and service marks, whether registered or unregistered (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Visa Site are Trademarks of Visa and others. VISA®, the Three Bands Design Mark®, CLASSIC®, the Comet Design Mark®, the Dove Design Mark®, ELECTRON®, ENTREE®, the Impulse Design Mark®, INTERLINK®, the Network Design Mark®, PLUS®, the PLUS Design Mark®, and It's Everywhere You Want To Be® are registered Trademarks of Visa in the United States and other countries (trademark denotations on the Visa Site indicate federal registrations in the United States). Nothing contained on the Visa Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Visa Site without the written permission of Visa or such third party that may own the Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks, or any other content, displayed on the Visa Site is prohibited. Visa aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights, including via civil and criminal proceedings.

Highlighted the relevant parts for you.
You're such a tool.  You sent this forum thread to Visa's legal department? Great job. "This has gone on long enough" What, two weeks? If it becomes an issue and needs to be changed it will be a quick and easy fix. I don't know why everyone is breaking a sweat over the name. Relax. Side note: jesus already at nearly 80 BTC for the donation fund, what the hell happened yesterday? Awesome stuff.

On the contrary,  The OP clearly doesn't understand copyright/trademarks, and isn't taking this seriously.  It's better this gets shutdown/name changed sooner rather than later, before even more people part with their hard earned BTC.   Would you rather invest dozens or hundreds of bitcoins and/or hours of mining/electricity into a project that just gets shut down later?

Sooner is better than later good sir.
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
December 30, 2013, 07:53:17 PM
what about WCcoin? Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 30, 2013, 07:33:06 PM
I agree, just drop the 'a'
and leave it as Viscoin
Activity: 459
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
December 30, 2013, 06:44:31 PM
You guys are insane...

Note that 80% of the coin incoming may be from the poster itself.
We certainly have 20% of fools among us.

So there is Mastercoin, Next, Visacoin, Imagine coin, Aerocoin, Intercoin.
I should make a gremlins coin!
Can somebody create yet another topic, some very mysteriouz text, make me a gremlins meme of two.
Here: post this address as genesis maker 12tdgzDqhifuxbHdZ8ptustxqEEUhFfFhv

Exclusively and just for you - as you will do all the job for me - I will give you 1% of all the income! Amaziiiiiing!

Even more!  You have the possibility to give it back to me and later I will give you 10% of all my share in all those exceptional newnamecoin.
lol
Activity: 266
Help and Love one another ♥
December 30, 2013, 04:02:07 PM
You guys are insane...

Note that 80% of the coin incoming may be from the poster itself.
We certainly have 20% of fools among us.

So there is Mastercoin, Next, Visacoin, Imagine coin, Aerocoin, Intercoin.
I should make a gremlins coin!
Can somebody create yet another topic, some very mysteriouz text, make me a gremlins meme of two.
Here: post this address as genesis maker 12tdgzDqhifuxbHdZ8ptustxqEEUhFfFhv

Exclusively and just for you - as you will do all the job for me - I will give you 1% of all the income! Amaziiiiiing!

Even more!  You have the possibility to give it back to me and later I will give you 10% of all my share in all those exceptional newnamecoin.
Activity: 163
December 30, 2013, 03:32:23 PM
I think this has gone on long enough.  I'm sending this over to Visa's legal department, see what they think about this nonsense. And for "VisaCoin"...

The trademarks, logos and service marks, whether registered or unregistered (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Visa Site are Trademarks of Visa and others. VISA®, the Three Bands Design Mark®, CLASSIC®, the Comet Design Mark®, the Dove Design Mark®, ELECTRON®, ENTREE®, the Impulse Design Mark®, INTERLINK®, the Network Design Mark®, PLUS®, the PLUS Design Mark®, and It's Everywhere You Want To Be® are registered Trademarks of Visa in the United States and other countries (trademark denotations on the Visa Site indicate federal registrations in the United States). Nothing contained on the Visa Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Visa Site without the written permission of Visa or such third party that may own the Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks, or any other content, displayed on the Visa Site is prohibited. Visa aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights, including via civil and criminal proceedings.

You're such a tool.  You sent this forum thread to Visa's legal department? Great job. "This has gone on long enough" What, two weeks? If it becomes an issue and needs to be changed it will be a quick and easy fix. I don't know why everyone is breaking a sweat over the name. Relax. Side note: jesus already at nearly 80 BTC for the donation fund, what the hell happened yesterday? Awesome stuff.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 30, 2013, 02:15:01 PM
ok then so is there anyone here who has sent BTC but hasnt heard back yet?

I sent 0.56449121 BTC
December 30, 2013, 01:35:38 PM
Or just VCoin.  XVC trading code

This is nice.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
December 30, 2013, 12:31:24 PM
So maybe if nothing else they could send the forum itself a cease and desist for aiding and abetting "conspiracy to violate a Trademark" or some such.
The forum is operate anon too.
Activity: 238
December 30, 2013, 12:07:33 PM

Who the fck cares about US trademarks? The OP certainly not.

Who would Visa want to file a lawsuit against? There is nobody to reach.

... this project itself is a different story

Visa is trademarked in most countries in the world on the just the US, read their terms.

They also have a history of aggressively crushing anyone that conflicts with their trademark

I think this is a concern that the dev should address here if this is to be a long term project

You sure are right, but as you can see there is not even a reply. The unknown dev resides in cryptoanarchy and is not going to care about trademarks, you see.

what you did not think about, however, was how VISA will come after any forums sites that "harbor" threads about visacoin or VSC.  Thus forcing bitcointalk and other sites to censor threads on VSC.

Activity: 238
December 30, 2013, 12:01:34 PM
Or just VCoin.  XVC trading code
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
December 30, 2013, 11:46:46 AM
Can rename it to Vsiacoin.

Why can't Visacoin be Vscoin or VSC we all know it's still visa coin.
Activity: 5
December 30, 2013, 11:19:45 AM
Can rename it to Vsiacoin.
Activity: 16
December 30, 2013, 09:42:58 AM
Waiting for the whitepaper
Activity: 30
December 30, 2013, 10:01:18 AM
I read the NXT‘ announcement, think for a minute! The NXT is a bit different.see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-nxt-descendant-of-bitcoin-303898
so, please more detail and will be more people come.

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
December 30, 2013, 09:10:48 AM
ok then so is there anyone here who has sent BTC but hasnt heard back yet?

Sent 1 BTC, OP got back to me and my name is up on the list. Fingers crossed. Much hate, so wow!

I'm sure OP will address the Visa issue.
December 30, 2013, 09:04:50 AM
...Really?
"Visa is Visa, vsc is vsc"... Worst name choice ever.
Keep vsc if you wish, but find another name that visa... Seriously.

I will not call it a scam, 'seems so legit~
But one of these days 'such kind of start will be one. Be careful people.

We will destroy all of the BTC to generate an equal VSC in btc block chain
Then why the hell didn't you implement proof of burn / destruction of the coin?
I'm waiting for such an innovation.
Fair start, no mining, almost scam-proof.
I'd really enjoy to send some coin to a weird address to destroy my coin.

Update.2013.12.29
We also plan to shorten the deadline of IPO,and increase rewards to early donors
Not a fucking week has pass and you already change the deadline?
For fuck's sake people, learn to assume your talk.

That's exactly why I "hate" Nextcoin.
They announce a month a half, and then suddently decise to stop it after 2 weeks for no honest apparent reason, nor any explication (that I succed to find).
Making the original wealth distribution BAD on purpose is a HUGE turn off to me.
That's why I didn't bought a single NXT even at 300 satoshi.
Now 'almost 8000 satoshi, 'well greed and delusion is amongst human...
A pity I miss a x26 train.
At least I stay true to myself. No regret.
(gonna hurt many if 10 early guy sell everything in january... a needed lesson?)

Edit:
Arf, fuck it.
After this time consuming text that nobody will care about, I was in the mind to lose 50$.
But the address already got over 50 income.
Thank you for a such bad appearance, wow! You save me money.
Best of luck to the fools.
Pages:
Jump to: