Pages:
Author

Topic: · - page 17. (Read 48731 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
December 29, 2013, 07:26:16 AM
Maybe 0.25 bitcoins was enough, or maybe the person who claims to have sent 0.25 was not the only victim and however much of the coins were not the OP sending to itself was enough.

Given the easy acceptance of totally obvious scams it might be more lucrative to just keep spawning new ones than to waste any time or effort trying to make any of them look at all believable.

-MarkM-
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
December 29, 2013, 07:17:30 AM
Op got lost in the matrix?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
December 29, 2013, 06:51:38 AM
Please stop calling this a scam. NXT seemed like a scam too. Do not invest if you do not believe in this.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
December 29, 2013, 06:29:15 AM
mark yixia
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
December 28, 2013, 09:42:36 PM
But if he provides a whitepaper that won't be burned by the drugs, why not..
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
December 28, 2013, 09:41:42 PM
I think this is a trolling satoshi who smoked too much weed
Activity: 51
December 28, 2013, 08:06:23 PM
as soon as Visa gets wind of this, it will be all over.
legendary
December 28, 2013, 07:53:17 PM
Is there any chance to limit the period to one month?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 28, 2013, 07:52:16 PM
Going to be seeing a lot of these scams in the near future.

Stay away from coins that are extremely vague and require you to buy right from the developer
Activity: 735
Merit: 501
December 28, 2013, 07:43:26 PM
I like that the OP just posts what would make the BTC network great, and not any technicals on how to accomplish it.
Activity: 42
December 28, 2013, 05:50:42 PM
Thanks for everyone for support my logo, i accept read the suggestions so i made some changes.

Hope you like it!
legendary
Activity: 1400
December 28, 2013, 04:57:29 PM
It would be nice if the poster would come and clarify some of these questions.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 28, 2013, 09:30:40 AM
Shouldn't it be @gmail.com instead of gmil.com?

gmil.com = gamil.com

This is the first thing I noticed when reading the OP.  Unless you are affiliated with gamil.com (a design firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA since at least 1995) but I highly doubt it.
You also cut and pasted the same address into your webpage forum post.

How much traffic and potential investors did you lose because of this alone? You obviously didn't care to read thecoinjournal's post or you would have changed your contact information?
Maybe you will read mine.  
In either event, thecoinjournal and myself will gladly accept bitcoins for helping you gain many more investors and adopters than you ever would have without this change.

And it is in fact the only mention of this at all out of 9 pages of posts by the whole community..wow.

Great concept if you can pull it off, but how could you convince anyone that you can if you can not even get your contact information correct and then cut and paste it in another topic as well?
I do not even want to imagine any attempt at coding.

Edit: Apparently you edited your op to the correct email within the last 4 hours, but it was still about 3.5 days after it was originally pointed out to you.
Good luck
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 28, 2013, 09:16:53 AM

Well done,I'll pay you 100vsc as a reward

IMO simpler and safer should be changed to simple and safe. It should not be assumed in the logo that it is being compared to alternate currencies/payment systems.

Edit: that being said, I like the logo.

+1 along with eliminating convenient, which is redundant to simple so "simple safe" or if you want 3 words exchange convenient with easy "simple safe easy".  Or maybe just "simple" or "easy" bc using the word safe highlights the potential that it might not be.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
December 28, 2013, 08:14:16 AM
My guess is that topic starter has a simple plan:

1. fund some money
2. wait for nxt and e-munie code are realeased
3. find a programmer
4. pay him and make a clone

It explains pretty much everything. He can't share any details because he has no idea yet.

Other good explanation that it's just a scam. It explains even more. Including why he doesn't care about stealing Visa trademark. Just because he has no plans to launch the coin.
I think it's even simpler:
1. fund some money
2. disappear
legendary
December 28, 2013, 08:11:41 AM
@VisaCoin: please see the pm. Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
December 28, 2013, 08:08:02 AM
My guess is that topic starter has a simple plan:

1. fund some money
2. wait for nxt and e-munie code are realeased
3. find a programmer
4. pay him and make a clone

It explains pretty much everything. He can't share any details because he has no idea yet.

Other good explanation that it's just a scam. It explains even more. Including why he doesn't care about stealing Visa trademark. Just because he has no plans to launch the coin.
legendary
December 28, 2013, 07:05:36 AM

Well done,I'll pay you 100vsc as a reward

IMO simpler and safer should be changed to simple and safe. It should not be assumed in the logo that it is being compared to alternate currencies/payment systems.

Edit: that being said, I like the logo.

Yes, i think that your proposal is good
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
December 28, 2013, 02:18:56 AM
It's funny people are comparing this to MSC and NXT. Do your research, both of those were much more solid than this, albeit still risky. I won't bother pointing out all the red flags, but the OP hasn't shared any real technical details and his writing comes across as very vague. Plus creating things like an empty github to make it seem more legit to people that might not know any better. This has scam written all over it...
Agree, hard to believe that someone is investing in this scam

Why would you believe it? Have they stolen any identities yet or is it just sockpuppets so far or even just anyonymous bitcoin-balances?

There are suckers all over through so really that is all they need, until all the suckers run out of money and new suckers stop being born they likely camke good money running scams like this all over the internet. This might be far from the only such scam they have running.

Here is a potentially useful link: http://bitcoinism.blogspot.ca/2013/12/lex-cryptographia.html

-MarkM-

People are either:

A) willing to take the risk and can afford it
B) actually know this visa coin guy and what he is capable of
C) dare devils

My moderate .25 btc investment was based on the fact that I could afford to lose that particular amount of money without becoming homicidal... and I'm genuinely interested to see if OP can deliver on his promise. I fully acknowledge that the .25 could be a total loss to a scam, but hell... Most of my money I've invested in crypto currencies was based on that same argument. And I've been doing well so far, so let's see what happens here. Tbh I have not seen any evidence that this project will succeed, but I also haven't seen any evidence that it will fail. So time will tell.

I should also mention that I would have been willing to invest a whole lot more with a decent whitepaper and evidence of how this project could or will succeed.... Pay attention to this OP... Scam or not, the more you can prove how success of this project will happen, the more funds you will raise/steal.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
December 28, 2013, 01:58:28 AM
It's funny people are comparing this to MSC and NXT. Do your research, both of those were much more solid than this, albeit still risky. I won't bother pointing out all the red flags, but the OP hasn't shared any real technical details and his writing comes across as very vague. Plus creating things like an empty github to make it seem more legit to people that might not know any better. This has scam written all over it...
Agree, hard to believe that someone is investing in this scam

Why would you believe it? Have they stolen any identities yet or is it just sockpuppets so far or even just anyonymous bitcoin-balances?

There are suckers all over through so really that is all they need, until all the suckers run out of money and new suckers stop being born they likely camke good money running scams like this all over the internet. This might be far from the only such scam they have running.

Here is a potentially useful link: http://bitcoinism.blogspot.ca/2013/12/lex-cryptographia.html

-MarkM-
Pages:
Jump to: