Author

Topic: . - page 3. (Read 67411 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
August 31, 2012, 03:39:06 AM
good idea.

Can someone explain this massive jump in the daily "Total Output Volume"
http://blockchain.info/charts/output-volume

Thank you for you comment.  I have the coins ready to pay for the insurance, but would hate to pull the trigger on that too early if for the sake of a couple of days I can return 1.28 rather than 0.32.

I've seen big jumps the past week, but it's been a single wallet slicing off a few bitcoins (eg 35000 less one) repeated hundreds of times.  Made for the 3.5M coin block.  I wondered if it was a wallet associated with something like santoshidice or similar.  There were three big addresses (35k, 17k and 9k) involved when I was looking at it, but every time it appeared to be only a few coins in each transaction.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
August 31, 2012, 01:49:09 AM
good idea.

Can someone explain this massive jump in the daily "Total Output Volume"
http://blockchain.info/charts/output-volume

August 30, 2012, 09:26:37 PM
There appears to be some movement in the BS&T drama today with (rumoured) some additional accounts being paid and the possibility of something happening in the next 24-48 hours.  If there is no objection, it might be useful to delay the PPT.E insurance buy-back by 24 hours.
legendary
Activity: 1050
August 30, 2012, 10:57:00 AM

lol, was dank was the guy looking for a multimillion dollar loan without giving ID?Huh

he wanted a new used car or something like that
donator
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
August 30, 2012, 04:31:44 AM
Why hasn't anybody set up a Dank Bank Pass Through security on the GLBSE yet? Now that there is no Pirate, the 3% dank is offering seems pretty good !!! Maybe you could just reuse the PPTs as DBPTs?

Ok, I need to provide an unequivocal response - I will not be running a DankBank-PPT.

May I ask, why not?

Of course - amongst other reasons WifeofStarfish says "no" to directing funds to Dank.

While I find Dank and his ideals entertaining, and I can wish him well, I don't think people would like me using him as an investment vehicle for their hard earned coins.

P

lol, was dank was the guy looking for a multimillion dollar loan without giving ID?Huh
August 30, 2012, 04:11:18 AM
Why hasn't anybody set up a Dank Bank Pass Through security on the GLBSE yet? Now that there is no Pirate, the 3% dank is offering seems pretty good !!! Maybe you could just reuse the PPTs as DBPTs?

Ok, I need to provide an unequivocal response - I will not be running a DankBank-PPT.

May I ask, why not?

Of course - amongst other reasons WifeofStarfish says "no" to directing funds to Dank.

While I find Dank and his ideals entertaining, and I can wish him well, I don't think people would like me using him as an investment vehicle for their hard earned coins.

P
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
August 30, 2012, 12:31:41 AM

May I ask, why not?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
August 29, 2012, 07:00:05 PM
OH DAMN, SON!!!
August 29, 2012, 06:54:23 PM
Well, as people probably know, yesterday Pirate confirmed that he is in default in terms of repaying funds.  If that is simply a timing issue or a notice that there will be no repayments is not clear as no additional information was given and I'm still in the dark about what happens next from his side. 
Given the lack of information from Pirate, I'd say the obvious play here is to invest the insurance fund in Dank Bank, and then buy everyone a mansion next year.

August 29, 2012, 06:20:35 PM
Well, as people probably know, yesterday Pirate confirmed that he is in default in terms of repaying funds.  If that is simply a timing issue or a notice that there will be no repayments is not clear as no additional information was given and I'm still in the dark about what happens next from his side. 
Given the lack of information from Pirate, I'd say the obvious play here is to invest the insurance fund in Dank Bank, and then buy everyone a mansion next year.

Would *you* invest in Dank?

Oops, forgot my sarcasm tags Smiley
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
August 29, 2012, 06:19:30 PM
Tell you what, IF I get ALL of my BTC back from you know who then I will invest a little bit of it in Dank Bank.
So that is a no?
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
August 29, 2012, 05:55:45 PM

Would *you* invest in Dank?
August 29, 2012, 04:38:40 PM

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
August 29, 2012, 04:31:06 PM
August 29, 2012, 04:25:55 PM
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
August 29, 2012, 09:59:31 AM
A couple more days have rolled past, and there is still no news from BS&T.  Because of the lack of returned funds from BS&T I am in the process of moving additional coins to GLBSE in preparation for paying out the insurance.  To maximise the potential for recovery, the insurance of 0.32BTC per bond will be paid on each of the three outstanding bond issues in weekly intervals two weeks behind the planned redemption date.  That is:

PPT.E on 1-Sept at 00:00 UTC
PPT.A on 8-Sept at 00:00 UTC
PPT.B on 15-Sept at 00:00 UTC

This seems like a fair closeing plan. I already devalued these bonds when the PPT.E did not pay out on schedule. I'm rather disapointed this turned out to be a scam, but not really suprised. My thanks to Patrick Harnett, BurtW and the others running these bonds for and excelent job.

Overall, I'm one of the lucky few to profit from BTCS&T. I diversified at the right time. I even managed to sell my remaining PPT.x bonds at better than insurance rates. Guess theres still some faith in pirate, but I don't buy it anymore.
August 28, 2012, 06:17:27 PM

Did you see the post in IRC, #btcst?
Code:
 Notice:  If you are a PPT operator please contact me via PM.  Thanks

No, but it was pointed out to me a while after I had made my earlier post.  So I have seen it now.

Currently I know nothing new and the actions I've been taking the past couple of days are not affected until something actually happens.
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
August 28, 2012, 05:46:42 PM
Code:

The suspense!!!
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
August 28, 2012, 05:43:33 PM
A couple more days have rolled past, and there is still no news from BS&T.  Because of the lack of returned funds from BS&T I am in the process of moving additional coins to GLBSE in preparation for paying out the insurance.  To maximise the potential for recovery, the insurance of 0.32BTC per bond will be paid on each of the three outstanding bond issues in weekly intervals two weeks behind the planned redemption date.  That is:

Code:

August 28, 2012, 04:37:03 PM

Pages:
Jump to: