Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 5. (Read 67411 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 20, 2012, 08:35:29 PM
Watch all of these bonds and bullshit disappear once pirate defaults...
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
August 20, 2012, 06:14:51 PM
Are you planning to call PPT.E earlier that the original maturity date 8/25/12?

No.  PPT.E, PPT.A and PPT.B will all run to their expiry.  At this stage there is not a reason to change that.
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
August 20, 2012, 05:39:59 PM
How about PPT.D? It should mature in a few minutes...

PPT.D will be paid in approximately 59 minutes - the funds have been sitting there for a while.

Everything looks good. Thank you PatrickHarnett.
My favorite zeros are gone for good. Now what? Smiley
I need to find my coins a new home where they can earn interest. I am not trading those so they can stay put for extended time. PatrickHarnett, if you have something with dividend reinvestment plan, let me know.

Cheers! 

How about mining bonds?
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
August 19, 2012, 03:57:23 PM
Are you planning to call PPT.E earlier that the original maturity date 8/25/12?
August 18, 2012, 04:18:37 AM
That's ok - I thought it wise to make a post over in the Starfish thread.

The September reference was to something else, but that's not compounding, and version #1 is currently closed.  Kraken#2 will be September.

Yeah, that part I understood. I just noticed that you did not mention Starfish BCB when asked about compounding interest opportunities, hence my question. Thanks for explaining.

Probably because I didn't read EB's post properly - it's been a fairly busy day the past 12 hours since I got up.

Still, it's been an interesting day and it'll take a couple of days for things to settle down.
Activity: 560
Ad astra.
August 18, 2012, 04:08:41 AM

The September reference was to something else, but that's not compounding, and version #1 is currently closed.  Kraken#2 will be September.

Yeah, that part I understood. I just noticed that you did not mention Starfish BCB when asked about compounding interest opportunities, hence my question. Thanks for explaining.
August 18, 2012, 03:59:53 AM

Ad astra.
August 18, 2012, 03:56:06 AM
Hmm? Is Starfish BCB closed?

What an odd question.

It's taken a few hits today, but still operating quite happily.

Eskimo asked about compounding interest opportunities that you provided, and you stated that he would have to wait until September.

Unless I misread your thread, Starfish BCB gives 1% per week automatically compounding interest:

Deposits
PM me for a deposit address - this will be your unique account address.  You also need to provide a repayment address.

Deposits will pay 1.0% per week and compound by default.  Calculation is 1.010^(#days/7)  

That's why I asked, my apologies for the lack of clarity.
August 18, 2012, 03:39:26 AM

What an odd question.

It's taken a few hits today, but still operating quite happily.
Ad astra.
August 18, 2012, 03:05:38 AM

PPT.D will be paid in approximately 59 minutes - the funds have been sitting there for a while.

I need to find my coins a new home where they can earn interest. I am not trading those so they can stay put for extended time. PatrickHarnett, if you have something with dividend reinvestment plan, let me know.

Cheers! 

Actually, due to a simple "refresh" issue the buyback was about 9 minutes past the hour.  Three more buybacks and a couple of Div payments to make.

As for future, you'll have to wait for Kraken Fund #2 to open for availability in September.

August 18, 2012, 02:47:40 AM

Cheers! 

Actually, due to a simple "refresh" issue the buyback was about 9 minutes past the hour.  Three more buybacks and a couple of Div payments to make.

As for future, you'll have to wait for Kraken Fund #2 to open for availability in September.
legendary
August 18, 2012, 02:08:23 AM

Cheers! 
August 17, 2012, 07:01:56 PM

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
August 17, 2012, 06:44:43 PM
August 17, 2012, 06:21:47 PM
Did BurtW know something you didn't?

Sucks you just bought 100% stake then this...

No.

This is going to cost me about 2500 coins at a guess, but there are also a lot of PPT.DIV holders that are going to see the value of their holdings go to zero so I also feel sorry for them.  The intention was to run it for many more months, but the risk profile was always there.
I am the one who knocks
August 17, 2012, 05:47:04 PM
Did BurtW know something you didn't?

Sucks you just bought 100% stake then this...
August 17, 2012, 04:59:35 PM
I will be following the contract, and I have not worked out how much this will cost me yet.

(and obviously today's sale is off.)

Contract
In the event that BS&T stops payments and returns the principal and interest to date or changes its terms and conditions so that the intended pass through of interest is either stopped, pays lower interest or at a schedule that does not align with the PPT bonds the bonds will still be redeemed for their full face value on their scheduled redemption date.  PPT and the above mentioned backers will cover any shortfalls from the capital reserves of PPT.
Activity: 807
August 17, 2012, 04:11:57 PM
In the event that BS&T stops payments and returns the principal and interest to date or changes its terms and conditions so that the intended pass through of interest is either stopped, pays lower interest or at a schedule that does not align with the PPT bonds the bonds will still be redeemed for their full face value on their scheduled redemption date.  PPT and the above mentioned backers will cover any shortfalls from the capital reserves of PPT.
Although I seem to remember this originally saying they would initiate a buyback for the fair value at that point.  I guess clarification is in order (and GLBSE seems to be swamped with people trying to dump their bonds, so that makes seeing the actual contract difficult).
legendary
August 17, 2012, 03:59:27 PM
Pirate40 closed the shop and returns money to investors. How are you going to handle this?
Probably the way their contract says they will handle it...

At the moment looks like Pirate is NOT defaulting but just closing the shop and returning all the invested coin with earned interest back to his investors.
In this case, we can expect the bonds to retire as usual and some probably get called earlier.
Can the bond issuer please confirm this.

Bitcoin Savings and Trust | Home | Closed
November 03, 2011, 11:14:09 PM

After much consideration, I’ve decided to close down Bitcoin Savings & Trust.

Why?
The decision was based on the general size and overall time required to manage the transactions.  As the fund grew there were larger and larger coin movements which put strain on my reserve accounts and ultimately caused delays on withdraws and the inability to fund orders within my system.  On the 14th I made a final attempt to relieve pressure off the system by reducing the rates I offered for deposits.  In a perfect world this would allow me to hold more coins in reserve outside the system, but instead it only exponentially increased the amount of withdrawals overnight causing mass panic from many of my lenders.

So now what?
I’ve spoken with my clients over the last week and come to an agreement that would allow me to close down my operation within a week.  Currently my reserve (operating wallets) are drained from fulfilling the withdraw spree that happened after the rate drop announcement.  All withdraws at this point will be delayed until Monday when the shutdown process begins..

At this point I will no longer accept deposits.  Any coins sent into the system as of now will be returned immediately.

When will I get my coins?
Starting Monday I’ll begin systematically closing and withdrawing accounts as coins are transferred.  I don't expect the entire process to last longer than a week. The moment your account is closed you’ll receive your coins plus any interest accrued up to the hour it was sent.

Thanks
I’d like to thank all of my lenders and PPT operators that were a key element in making Bitcoin Savings & Trust a success.  Bitcoin has grown a lot since I started this and want you to know that you were a vital part in helping it grow.

Now, I have a lot of work to do. Stay Tuned

-pirate

BTW, this is all bitlane’s fault.  (j/k you nut)

Activity: 807
August 17, 2012, 03:49:30 PM
Pirate40 closed the shop and returns money to investors. How are you going to handle this?
Probably the way their contract says they will handle it...
Pages:
Jump to: