Author

Topic: . - page 152. (Read 491737 times)

legendary
Activity: 971
Merit: 1000
October 15, 2014, 10:37:51 PM
Plans for bittrex listing?

Testing of V 1.2.8 is going well, and we will ninja launch on you guys soon.
At which point, we will be added to Bittrex and Cryptsy.

Releasing at least V 1.2 parity was needed because there is a wonky deposit / withdraw system using any versions older than V 1.2

V 1.2.8 is a major release for NHZ, and we need to be sure that nothing can go wrong, so we haven't been rushing things.
We all know that release dates are never a good idea...Recent example are Mintpal and Anoncoin.

We are taking NHZ from V 1.1.6 all the way up to V 1.2.8

Changes can be found here: https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/

We have also added many of our own code improvements and addressed many security / transaction bugs that were left over from the old NXT versions.

The landing page with a '3 click' to set up wallet + information guides and videos + faucet and a standard NHZ FAQ, as well as some information about how NHZ interacts on the Blocknet will be present.
We are also putting the final touches on our new wallet UI.

A list of new community work bounties will be issued this week as well.
I will post here, as well as on the forums, and twitter.

Be sure to stay up to date with all our community news and discussions on the following platforms:
(We are extremely active and interactive on the Facebook page as well as the forums!)

Official NHZ Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NHZOfficial/
Official NHZ Twitter: https://twitter.com/NeXTHorizonNHZ

If you need to get in contact with myself, or any other team member, don't hesitate to contact me at the following addresses:

E-mail: [email protected]
Forums: Pizpie
Twitter: @mBTCPizpie

Starting on November 1'st, 1,000,000 NHZ will be distributed to the community & public VIA social media giveaways and contests. So be sure to follow us and keep your eyes peeled for your free NHZ!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
October 15, 2014, 10:01:24 PM
you guys really need to get on bittrex!
legendary
Activity: 1260
October 15, 2014, 09:00:37 PM
Oh man did my interest in this coin just sky rocket hearing of your involvement with the XC crew and Blocknet!!

Now I REALLY want to get this darn node up and working so I can start collecting some NHZ:-(
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
October 15, 2014, 08:55:39 PM
Plans for bittrex listing?
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
October 15, 2014, 08:31:03 PM
Hello NHZ Community!

We look forward to working with you to build the next generation BlockNet (Web3.0), we are truly excited!

United for Crypto!

-BitSwift  Community Manager

PS. A huge THANK YOU to PizPie!
legendary
October 15, 2014, 08:05:29 PM
from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9216076

Looks like a Supernet Idea Copy  Undecided

Hello Community,

The 'Blocknet' decentralized blockchain ecosystem
First public announcement / paper on 'Blocknet'

http://downloads.xc-official.com/images/14-10-15%20Blocknet%20presentation.pdf

Teams involved:
SSD, XST
LXC, BitSwift
Apex, NHZ
XC, SDC
UTIL

Ill stick with Supernet and BTCD myself  Cool
It is quite similar indeed, even down to doing an ICO with discounts for the coins.
Interesting thing is that I was in promising discussions with NHZ and they have some common people with XC

The graphics they have done are pretty good, and they are explaining SuperNET quite well, even down to the usage of JSON for the RPC. I also see some coins on their list that we did not accept, but as a clone they have to have lower standards.

It will be interesting to see if a SuperNET without any financial feedback will be possible. My opinion is that it takes energy to bind disparate coins together and revenue sharing, co-investment are critical parts of the SuperNET concept.

Also, it is not clear what they will do with the funds raised.

James

Found it:
"The Blocknet Foundation will pool the formidable abilities of developers and will function
as an incubator, funding the creation of a development platform and multiple Blockchain
2.0 services. The Foundation will be responsible for allocating funding for this."

So their fund raising is going to pay for development of their SuperNET clone and not be backing the asset at all. I wonder if the trolls will be making any issues about buywalls?

So are we not going with SuperNET?

NHZ + Supernet would be awesome!

NHZ is becoming a vital part of Blocknet  VIA our asset exchange, digital goods store, and revolutionary reputation / trust system.
Whitepapers will be available soon for everyone.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 15, 2014, 07:23:51 PM
from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9216076

Looks like a Supernet Idea Copy  Undecided

Hello Community,

The 'Blocknet' decentralized blockchain ecosystem
First public announcement / paper on 'Blocknet'

http://downloads.xc-official.com/images/14-10-15%20Blocknet%20presentation.pdf

Teams involved:
SSD, XST
LXC, BitSwift
Apex, NHZ
XC, SDC
UTIL

Ill stick with Supernet and BTCD myself  Cool
It is quite similar indeed, even down to doing an ICO with discounts for the coins.
Interesting thing is that I was in promising discussions with NHZ and they have some common people with XC

The graphics they have done are pretty good, and they are explaining SuperNET quite well, even down to the usage of JSON for the RPC. I also see some coins on their list that we did not accept, but as a clone they have to have lower standards.

It will be interesting to see if a SuperNET without any financial feedback will be possible. My opinion is that it takes energy to bind disparate coins together and revenue sharing, co-investment are critical parts of the SuperNET concept.

Also, it is not clear what they will do with the funds raised.

James

Found it:
"The Blocknet Foundation will pool the formidable abilities of developers and will function
as an incubator, funding the creation of a development platform and multiple Blockchain
2.0 services. The Foundation will be responsible for allocating funding for this."

So their fund raising is going to pay for development of their SuperNET clone and not be backing the asset at all. I wonder if the trolls will be making any issues about buywalls?

So are we not going with SuperNET?

NHZ + Supernet would be awesome!
legendary
October 15, 2014, 07:16:37 PM
Tried to open the port on the modem for the router, was all I could think of to try.  Didn't work of course.

Appreciate everyone's help in trying to get me going, but gonna have to give up at this point.  Lots of time messing around and not getting anywhere:-(

Many thanks to everyone though!!

I'll PM you when we are done editing this document / video for how to set up the nodes on a PC, and run nodes via VPN / 3'rd party sources.

I realize a lot of people have been having issues, and we are looking to simplify the process.
A .exe is been considered as a 'one click install solution'

Appreciate bud and no worries!  The current docs seemed straight forward enough, minus of course how to open ports on specific routers which will be impossible anyways.  I didn't really have any troubles following them once I figured out I wasn't dealing with a normal wallet:-)  Don't really want to go the VPN route since I have this PC running 24x7 anyways so will be cool if I can get this to work on my PC.

Thanks again!
legendary
October 15, 2014, 06:36:11 PM
Tried to open the port on the modem for the router, was all I could think of to try.  Didn't work of course.

Appreciate everyone's help in trying to get me going, but gonna have to give up at this point.  Lots of time messing around and not getting anywhere:-(

I'll PM you when we are done editing this document / video for how to set up the nodes on a PC, and run nodes via VPN / 3'rd party sources.

I realize a lot of people have been having issues, and we are looking to simplify the process.
A .exe is been considered as a 'one click install solution'
legendary
October 15, 2014, 05:47:01 PM

Activity: 280
Bitnation Development Team Member
October 15, 2014, 05:40:23 PM
Set new rule in Windows Firewall to open port 7774, still not working:-(  I don't know what else to try at this point, might have to give up the quest.

I'd help more if I had any more experience in Windows, but I'm a Unix guy. The nodes are far easier implemented as servers in the cloud.
legendary
October 15, 2014, 05:36:49 PM
Set new rule in Windows Firewall to open port 7774, still not working:-(  I don't know what else to try at this point, might have to give up the quest.
legendary
October 15, 2014, 05:34:49 PM

"Shares will be made available for purchase on traditional exchanges and on the NHZ
asset exchange."

The ITO offering for the 'Blocknet' project / ecosystem will be available on the NHZ asset exchange
legendary
October 15, 2014, 05:31:57 PM
Here is the port forwarding settings I made in my router config if anyone would like to take a peak......

Yeah port forwarding is different for all vendors and sometimes even within a vendor. Really irritating if you don't know the protocols.

You shouldn't have to do anything on the modem, as it's just the external connection, although I couldn't speak for any outside the UK.

If you have 7774 forwarded to the local IP address of your computer, AND your local computer's firewall has the port opened, it should be good to go.

This is not something I have checked, will look into this now.  Thanks.  Frustrating when you know it is some stupid simple flip of a switch somewhere:-)

Working on a more detailed walk through now for it in written format, and also have a video ready to go with it.
legendary
October 15, 2014, 05:26:10 PM
Here is the port forwarding settings I made in my router config if anyone would like to take a peak......

Yeah port forwarding is different for all vendors and sometimes even within a vendor. Really irritating if you don't know the protocols.

You shouldn't have to do anything on the modem, as it's just the external connection, although I couldn't speak for any outside the UK.

If you have 7774 forwarded to the local IP address of your computer, AND your local computer's firewall has the port opened, it should be good to go.

This is not something I have checked, will look into this now.  Thanks.  Frustrating when you know it is some stupid simple flip of a switch somewhere:-)
legendary
October 15, 2014, 05:22:38 PM
Ok I seem to be more confused than I thought.

Trying to follow the instructions in the pdf for setting up a node.

Do I need to download a wallet or is only online wallet?

What steps exactly do I need to take to setup a node to earn coins with and have an offline wallet to store those coins safely?

Also, which wallet would I want to install?  Have PLENTY of disk space for the blockchain!

The wallet is a brain wallet, and your passphrase is your wallet.

http://nhzcrypto.org/threads/tutorial-how-to-create-a-hallmarked-node-and-also-run-a-local-client.403/

Use this walk through.
It takes about 2 minutes to set it up.

http://nhzcrypto.org/pages/wallet-downloads/

Download the full wallet.

Setup the node about an hour ago, says server has started.  Still nothing coming up when I check my IP so it looks like it is not working for me.  Am pretty sure I opened the port, have a new router Netgear Nighthawk R8000, it is called port triggering in the setup for this router.  I had to assign the IP address of the PC I am running the node on under this option as well.

Any ideas?

Check to see if the port is open here:
http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Thanks for that link!  I get this "Error: I could not see your service on 67.182.67.197 on port (7774)" so I guess my port is not actually open.  Not the best with networking stuff and have a brand new router so I am really guessing at how to "open a port" as I only see "port forwarding" and "port triggering" options in my router's settings.  I setup a port triggering for port 7774 and set the trigger for the IP address of the PC I am running the node on, not sure if this is correct but is where I am at now.  Router is a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 if anyone is familiar.

Just catching up, so bare with me.

Yes, that means your port is actually not opened and will not be picked up on the network.

I use: http://portforward.com/
Activity: 280
Bitnation Development Team Member
October 15, 2014, 05:22:12 PM

legendary
October 15, 2014, 05:12:21 PM
Is it possible this port needs to be opened on my Comcast Business Class modem as well?  This PC is currently plugged into the router which is plugged into the modem.
legendary
October 15, 2014, 05:10:56 PM
Still unable to get it working.

I don't technically have a static IP address, however my IP has not changed in over 2 years so I would assume I am ok on that end.

I have no "open port" options in my router's settings, everything I have seen suggests port forwarding is how to open a port on this router but again this in not my area of expertise.

I have setup a port forwarding that I think is correct according to info found on the portforwarding link that was given to me, still fails the port checker and still fails node checker.  Applications appears to be doing what it should.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=358p9ch&s=8#.VD7hKBZhGUs
Jump to: