Author

Topic: . - page 150. (Read 491737 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
October 17, 2014, 11:15:48 PM
Netgear router (Ethernet)
I thought I had enable the UPNP already
I will check it later after work.
Thx

In my case (ADSL router) UPNP didnt help. Manual port forwarding solved the problem.

I did what you did (manual port forwarding). It's working

Response from your node
Address   50.184.52.180
Hallmark   set (show)
Version   NHZ V3.2
Our data
Address   50.184.52.180
State   ONLINE (last checked: 2014-10-18 02:00:42)
Total uptime   0m
Last payout   1970-01-01 00:00:00
Uptime until next payout   1440m
Hallmark   correct (show)

Hoooray! Thanks!

Be glad, I did both and could not get it working.  Spent a damn 2 hours on chat support with Netgear today only to be disconnected without resolving the issue.  I can't even get as far as getting CanYouSeeMe.org to communicate via the needed port.  What's really frustrating is I literally just dropped $300 to get the best router on the market........NEVER have I spent that kind of money on a router before!  Argggg:-(

Ouch $300 for a router, I spent $150 on mine a few years ago and it handles everything i throw at it with ease. It's a Asus RT-N56U and the interface is easy to understand. I've never had an issue with it as far as forwarding ports goes, or anything else for that matter. I've always had problems with Netgear and Belkin so I'd never even touch any off their "high end" routers, just because every single router I've had by them resulted in nothing but problems in the end.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
October 17, 2014, 10:44:16 PM
Thx

In my case (ADSL router) UPNP didnt help. Manual port forwarding solved the problem.

Response from your node
Address   50.184.52.180
Hallmark   set (show)
Version   NHZ V3.2
Our data
Address   50.184.52.180
Total uptime   0m

Hoooray! Thanks!

Be glad, I did both and could not get it working.  Spent a damn 2 hours on chat support with Netgear today only to be disconnected without resolving the issue.  I can't even get as far as getting CanYouSeeMe.org to communicate via the needed port.  What's really frustrating is I literally just dropped $300 to get the best router on the market........NEVER have I spent that kind of money on a router before!  Argggg:-(
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
October 17, 2014, 10:32:22 PM
Thx

Response from your node
Address   50.184.52.180
Hallmark   set (show)
Version   NHZ V3.2
Our data
Address   50.184.52.180
Total uptime   0m

Hoooray! Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 971
October 17, 2014, 10:00:55 PM
Node bounty UPDATE:

There is a delay in receiving the node bounty reward currently, yes. We are developing a new automated script that will run more smoothly and be able to keep up with the work load.
None of the node bounties are lost, they are just delayed because of the backlog.
Slowly clearing through it...

You can see node bounties are constantly been paid out here:
http://explorer.nhzcrypto.org/?page=account&id=13394496573002751894

We understand that some people are frustrated that node rewards aren't being paid out on time, but please understand when the script was created, there were less than 400 nodes operating off it, so it was never 'stress tested' for a 10x increase in network growth in such a short period of time. Everything we develop needs to be checked, and double check to make sure everything works flawlessly. We don't want to rush a release out the door and then have it break the network completely, or cause major issues for any of the users.
legendary
October 17, 2014, 09:47:39 PM
Did you hear about Peter R's spinoff proposal?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/spin-offs-bootstrap-an-altcoin-with-a-btc-blockchain-based-initial-distribution-563972

If so, is there a reason you did not go with this approach for the initial distribution?

I'm actually right in the middle of developing a bitshares DAC based on Peter R's idea.

That's great to hear, I have a healthy relationship with a lot of Bitshares guys.
The 'new' development team didn't come on board until September, and NHZ was launched in April, so there was nothing to be done about distribution models, as it had already being started under the current model.
legendary
October 17, 2014, 09:45:39 PM
Hey guys, XC holder here. Great to hear your teaming up with us. Had a question, anyone know if there is going to be a Fiat/Altcoin exchange in NHZ?

As soon sa you start exchanging directly to fiat, you need to start taking into account and planning for regulatory bodies, and any laws concerning that.
While it'll soon be possible to purchase other coins with BTC or any other coin on the blocknet, I can't say that direct fiat pairings are somthing I'd expect any time soon until all the legality issues were worked out.
legendary
October 17, 2014, 09:42:16 PM
What is Blocknet?

http://bitcoinist.net/blocknet-the-internet-of-blockchains/

Blocknet ITO will be available on the NHZ Exchange.

NHZ will utilize all the features on the Blocknet

Great.

But what about NHZ nodes, will they coexist with Blocknet or migrate inside the Blocknet?

Coexist, all the coins involved in the Blocknet keep their own node networks, they are just linked via the bridge to allow cross communication.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 17, 2014, 08:42:35 PM
Did you hear about Peter R's spinoff proposal?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/spin-offs-bootstrap-an-altcoin-with-a-btc-blockchain-based-initial-distribution-563972

If so, is there a reason you did not go with this approach for the initial distribution?

I'm actually right in the middle of developing a bitshares DAC based on Peter R's idea.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
October 17, 2014, 08:17:47 PM
Hey guys, XC holder here. Great to hear your teaming up with us. Had a question, anyone know if there is going to be a Fiat/Altcoin exchange in NHZ?
Activity: 35
October 17, 2014, 05:53:10 PM
What is Blocknet?

Great.

But what about NHZ nodes, will they coexist with Blocknet or migrate inside the Blocknet?
Activity: 280
October 17, 2014, 05:37:49 PM
the download link goes to a broken page.

where is the client?

http://nhzcrypto.org/pages/wallet-downloads/

You need to register for the forums first.

thanks! got it.
legendary
October 17, 2014, 05:01:48 PM
What is Blocknet?

October 17, 2014, 02:44:13 PM
Thx

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
October 17, 2014, 02:04:42 PM
"Nhz server NHZ v3.2 started successfully"
Is that mean the node set up is fine?
no.

When I checked it, I got this message "Failed to connect to node - is NHZ running? Did you open port 7774?" Huh

port 7774 is closed for incoming connections, so your node is not visible for other nodes.

What is your net configuration (router(/s), connection type (cable, Ethernet, ADSL etc..), OS)?
Thx
Activity: 44
October 17, 2014, 12:32:10 PM
I done every thing as said in Tutorial to become a NODE.

Verify Hallmark shows: "valid": true

In Command Prompt: netstat -a Shows TCP 0.0.0.0:7774 Listening

But at 'http://explorer.nhzcrypto.org/?page=nodecheck' I got "Failed to connect to node - is NHZ running? Did you open port 7774?"

Is this OK or something I miss?

Please help me in this matter.
If your router has an option to enable UPNP I would suggest enabling it.
October 17, 2014, 12:20:46 PM
"Nhz server NHZ v3.2 started successfully"
Is that mean the node set up is fine?
no.

When I checked it, I got this message "Failed to connect to node - is NHZ running? Did you open port 7774?" Huh

port 7774 is closed for incoming connections, so your node is not visible for other nodes.

What is your net configuration (router(/s), connection type (cable, Ethernet, ADSL etc..), OS)?
Activity: 56
October 17, 2014, 12:17:44 PM
Hi guys!

We have received lots of error reports on the bounty system in the past few days and I wanted to give you all a heads up on the current status:

- We still have some problems with transactions taking a few hours to be included in a block. You WILL receive your payout even if it is listed as "paid" and you don't have it yet. Please give the transaction a few hours. We are working on TWO fixes for this that will both be released soon (one is a new NHZ version and the other some awesome changes to the bounty system!)

- Sometimes, nodes are ignored by the payout script even though they have enough uptime and a hallmark. I'm not entirely sure yet what causes this, but I applied a patch that I think will fix the problem - we just have to wait for the next round of payouts tonight at roughly 0:20 am.

- Payouts run for almost 15 hours starting at 0:20 am. This means that even if you have a negative "time until payout" in the node check, you are still in the queue. Please only report problems with the payout if it's more than 24 hours behind. (has passed 1440 minutes overdue for payment).

Thanks!
legendary
October 17, 2014, 10:12:32 AM

where is the client?

http://nhzcrypto.org/pages/wallet-downloads/

You need to register for the forums first.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
October 17, 2014, 09:17:36 AM
I done every thing as said in Tutorial to become a NODE.

Verify Hallmark shows: "valid": true

In Command Prompt: netstat -a Shows TCP 0.0.0.0:7774 Listening

But at 'http://explorer.nhzcrypto.org/?page=nodecheck' I got "Failed to connect to node - is NHZ running? Did you open port 7774?"

Is this OK or something I miss?

Please help me in this matter.
Activity: 280
October 17, 2014, 08:27:03 AM

where is the client?
Jump to: