Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 50. (Read 491736 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
August 12, 2015, 08:34:32 AM
is 50 million enough, might as well take the other 50 million, just to be safe Grin
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
August 12, 2015, 08:27:53 AM
It's tough to develop, keep sites up and promote if there is no budget. So it's probably a necessary move.
Personally I don't care who's got all the other coins, then they better be spend towards developing HZ network.
August 12, 2015, 08:01:55 AM
if that one day candle turns green today on poloniex then might see big price move up
August 12, 2015, 07:53:52 AM
1) So you need funds for development but why take money from bounty node pool?
2) In the other words you want to dump 50 million of hz on the market to pay for servers and take money to develop HZ ?
3) We have community we can help in development in many ways, i can maintain many nodes for free to support the network and many node operators can do the same
4) IMO it looks like PREMINE, you took the money which was for coin distribution to yourself, unfair for me.
5) I think i am wrong here but i hope you dont need this money to buy Ethereum and make some profits from this.
6) We will see situation on the market if massive dump on hz will come then all clear to me.

not enough buys to dump 50 million coin on markets price would need to go alot higher much higher
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
August 12, 2015, 07:45:25 AM
There's not much to dump. Only 3.5 BTC to 1 Satoshi   Sad
Activity: 355
Merit: 250
August 12, 2015, 07:06:06 AM
1) So you need funds for development but why take money from bounty node pool?
2) In the other words you want to dump 50 million of hz on the market to pay for servers and take money to develop HZ ?
3) We have community we can help in development in many ways, i can maintain many nodes for free to support the network and many node operators can do the same
4) IMO it looks like PREMINE, you took the money which was for coin distribution to yourself, unfair for me.
5) I think i am wrong here but i hope you dont need this money to buy Ethereum and make some profits from this.
6) We will see situation on the market if massive dump on hz will come then all clear to me.
Activity: 423
August 12, 2015, 06:48:04 AM
With distribution of the supply of Horizon nearly complete, we are faced with the need to find continued means to fund hosting, marketing and development for the future. With this issue in mind, we have decided to found the Horizon Foundation.

The foundation will initially consist of Horizon development team members:  Pharesim, Cbkr, Nick, Coinerz and Mawo. After things are set up, we will be holding an application period for individuals who are active, and interested in helping to shape Horizon's future.  We will create a platform for foundation members to discuss on, and create a vote for every outgoing transaction. The foundation will receive 50 million HZ to be used for future development, advertising, and server costs. The option for bounties will continue within the community, but the bounty amounts will be less than previous payments compared to during the distribution phase.

More details will be made in the near future, but we encourage you to voice your thoughts and ideas below!
- Horizon development team
August 12, 2015, 05:09:18 AM
50 million withdraw from escrow payout to Horizon Foundation new wallet Huh??
August 12, 2015, 03:17:27 AM
What a strange situation in distribution graph was yesterday? Amount of distribution hz raise from 900 000 000 to 950 000 000 in one day.
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com
August 11, 2015, 11:52:36 AM
I ask about what next when distribution is over? Changing to POS or only way to get hz will be on exchange?

HZ is (like Nxt) a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) cryptocurrency, even it is called "forging" here.
No new HZ will be available after the distribution phase is over.
I'm sure, most of nodes will be switched off when there are no bounties anymore.

I think, HZ needs a new unique feature or use case, which distinguishes it from the original (NXT). If that does not succeed, Hz will vanish into oblivion.

Yes, I agree, there must be an edge/advantage after the distribution is over, and it must work.
Activity: 984
August 11, 2015, 11:50:52 AM
Me2. My servers are idleing most time so why not supporting HZ with the spare ressources? It's no extra cost anyway Wink
Activity: 601
Merit: 500
August 11, 2015, 08:11:35 AM
I will support the nwtwork after bounty node will end in about 10% of my current running nodes (10-15 nodes)

Me too, with min. 10 nodes
August 11, 2015, 07:45:35 AM
I will support the nwtwork after bounty node will end in about 10% of my current running nodes (10-15 nodes)
Activity: 601
Merit: 500
August 11, 2015, 07:17:14 AM
I ask about what next when distribution is over? Changing to POS or only way to get hz will be on exchange?

HZ is (like Nxt) a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) cryptocurrency, even it is called "forging" here.
No new HZ will be available after the distribution phase is over.
I'm sure, most of nodes will be switched off when there are no bounties anymore.

I think, HZ needs a new unique feature or use case, which distinguishes it from the original (NXT). If that does not succeed, Hz will vanish into oblivion.
August 11, 2015, 03:47:07 AM
legendary
August 11, 2015, 03:41:58 AM
So last 100 million hz to distribute. What next Smiley ?

This release is in preparation for our 4.0 release, which will follow this release in 10 days.  HZ 5.0 will follow in about a month as we are in the process of testing it and adding a few things.

There will be three major unannounced projects / developments  unveiled / brought LIVE this month! A lot of secrecy has been kept around these projects for the past year, but the time has almost come to make them public, and we are all excited to share them with the world.

As always, we would like to thank everyone for their PATIENCE, understanding, support, and engagement within the community. The recent increase in community engagement and work have been greatly appreciated, and we look forward to taking the next big leaps forward with everyone.

- Horizon Development Team
August 11, 2015, 03:28:35 AM
So last 100 million hz to distribute. What next Smiley ?
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
The Future is Here; Grab it Fast Before Past
August 10, 2015, 12:11:13 PM
My recently updated HZ v4.x is running really nice. Thanks to dev team. I am thinking of FaucetBox type service with HZ recently. Let me study more before propose any idea.

Happy Trading!!
legendary
August 09, 2015, 03:11:35 PM

So, here's what I was mulling over: how about me taking a Grand Cross-Canada Road Trip and Meetup to meet up with Nick in Vancouver, British Columbia after driving ~ 4500 kilometres along the Trans-Canada Highway?

Granted, it's not Youtube-worthy in terms of hits unless I present myself as a "Likable Loony Bird Who Discovers Canada On The Road And Pesters His Fellow Canucks About Some Magic Internet Money."

If you do it then it could be Youtube-worthy if you put some effort in it. Guerillia Marketing, go google search on images, gotto be original, absurd and funny, do something out of the box related to Horizon, more then just handing out flyers. A radical way of video editing can help too.
legendary
Activity: 924
August 09, 2015, 02:58:00 PM
Hello, everyone!

Sorry about the following thread hijack, but I'll get to a Horizon-related point somewhere. Wink

Just to let you know: I came back from a rather extended driving trip. To keep tabs, I recommend opening up the MapQuest Route Planner in a new tab.

There are those Europeans who consider North Americans to be "wasteful." What I am about to relate puts a different light on their complaints about Norte Americanos like me.

I just came back from returning a car I rented for two days. During those two days, I drove well over one thousand miles / sixteen hundred kilometres. The heart of the trip was a return journey from Toronto, ONTARIO to Kapuskasing, ONTARIO and back again. For perspective's sake, the distance between Toronto, ONTARIO and Kapuskasing, ONTARIO is in line with the distance between London, ENGLAND and Edinburgh, SCOTLAND. This is enough of a comparable for any Europeans in da thread to make a closer-to-home comparison for themselves.

For spits and giggles, I invite you to open that MapQuest Route Planner in a new tab. and calculate the total kilometerages for a Grand - But Abridged - Driving Tour of the single province of Ontar-iar-io.

- The first leg of the Tour is northerly. Your initial exposure to living on Tim Horton's infamous Double-Doubles and a diet Homer Simpson would approve of is a drive from TORONTO, Ontario to COCHRANE, Ontario. Along the way, you avoid the temptation to encounter a whole bunch of "I-knew-Shania-Twain-when..." stories by bypassing TIMMINS. (You did open that MapQuest tab?)

- The second leg is westerly, after demurring from the opportunity to ride the Polar Bear Express train from COCHRANE to MOOSONEE. (Not that you could right now, anyway.) Instead, you go from COCHRANE, Ontario to THUNDER BAY, Ontario.

- (Is your calculator complaining about the running total of kilometres yet? You did open the MapQuest Route Planner in a new tab, didn't you?]

- The third leg could be fairly called the "Grand Subtour of the Canadian part of Lake Superior." It involves a nice long drive from THUNDER BAY, Ontario to SAULT STE MARIE, Ontario.

- The fourth leg is also south-easterly: SAULT STE-MARIE, Ontario to SUDBURY, Ontario. In these last three legs, you might have noticed that you've gone from mining country to mining country to mining country.

- The fifth and final leg, which smug Torontonians would privately peg as a "return to civilization," is SUDBURY, Ontario back to TORONTO.

Did you have to soothe and nursemaid your calculator to get the five-leg running total? Remember, this is the Grand But Abbreviated Tour of one single province in Ontario. Granted it's the largest, at least in terms of population, but it's only one of ten.

----------

So, here's what I was mulling over: how about me taking a Grand Cross-Canada Road Trip and Meetup to meet up with Nick in Vancouver, British Columbia after driving ~ 4500 kilometres along the Trans-Canada Highway?

Granted, it's not Youtube-worthy in terms of hits unless I present myself as a "Likable Loony Bird Who Discovers Canada On The Road And Pesters His Fellow Canucks About Some Magic Internet Money." Fortunately or no, Youtube is a heart an infotainment depot in terms of virality and large view numbers. Frankly, the whole concept may be too loony (in terms of low view numbers, and/or visitor count for a blogging) to be bothered with - but it may not be. Please give your opinion. 

Feel free to include whether or not I'm suffering from the aftereffects of too many double-doubles and donuts. Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: