Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 4. (Read 17991 times)

Activity: 540
Merit: 500
The future begins today
June 06, 2012, 06:08:56 AM
Sorry, to clarify I meant that we have a policy to not discuss specific TOS disputes in public, for the cases that have already been aired in public I'm not making any further comment.

You also do not discuss in private. You just ignore.

This guy clearly deserves a scammer tag.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
June 04, 2012, 01:39:23 AM
Great! I'm so glad that progress is being made to resolve this.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
June 04, 2012, 01:27:06 AM
To be fair, just received a reply to my ticket. Apparently my account had a "temporary suspension", which is now removed, but to receive payout I need to run the ads again (I guess it's because there's no cron-job doing the payments...). I'll try that on the site where I only removed the ad but didn't replace it yet...
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
June 03, 2012, 05:41:05 PM
CoinAd, Giantdragon, bbit: Thank you for posting this. I've been considering putting up ads from BitcoinAdvertisers. I guess I will put that plan on hold for now.

Andrew: Would you care to elaborate on how they violated your TOS?

No, we do not disclose TOS related issues in public.

The terms of service are public, aren't they? How could you not discuss them publicly? Do you not understand them or something? Are you talking about not discussing specific customer issues in public? If so, that much I could understand, except you already did that by posting in this thread.  Roll Eyes

Sorry, to clarify I meant that we have a policy to not discuss specific TOS disputes in public, for the cases that have already been aired in public I'm not making any further comment.

Fair enough.
June 03, 2012, 05:10:36 PM
Haha, just saw an ad for this thread in my new anonymousads banner (ad text "Take down BitcoinAdvertisers banners - they are fraudsters!"). I had to check it out Grin

Scumbags being scumbags. Since there are no favorable discussions of facts, we resort to slander. Yay. Evolution works backwards in the Bitcoin world!

June 03, 2012, 05:09:06 PM
CoinAd, Giantdragon, bbit: Thank you for posting this. I've been considering putting up ads from BitcoinAdvertisers. I guess I will put that plan on hold for now.

Andrew: Would you care to elaborate on how they violated your TOS?

No, we do not disclose TOS related issues in public.

The terms of service are public, aren't they? How could you not discuss them publicly? Do you not understand them or something? Are you talking about not discussing specific customer issues in public? If so, that much I could understand, except you already did that by posting in this thread.  Roll Eyes
June 03, 2012, 04:42:37 AM
Haha, just saw an ad for this thread in my new anonymousads banner (ad text "Take down BitcoinAdvertisers banners - they are fraudsters!"). I had to check it out Grin

Anyway :
- still no reply from support
- still not received payment
- account still in good standing (if I hadn't removed the ads, I would still be giving them free exposures...)
- on a side note, for those who didn't bother to click the link to my stats, my CTR is around 0.06% (8 clicks / 14k impressions)

So, as far as I know, the answer to the OP is : yes, not even a doubt about it. Can anyone here say they did receive a payment from this service in the first place ?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
June 01, 2012, 06:17:17 PM
It's pretty silly to say you disbursed funds to "charity" rather than just credit back the advertisers. I can't imagine many people expecting that sort of thing.

The money needs to go back to the advertisers.  Either the clicks were valid and should be paid, or they were a scam and should be refunded.  bitcoinadvertisers.com nor a charity should end up with the money.

No sane advertiser would pay for ads with a 60% CTR in the first place.  As soon as the stats started showing that kind of an aberration, you'd know that the majority of click throughs were not legitimate and tell the placement service that you weren't going to pay for any click throughs above the industry standard for the type of ad and degree of targeting.  
June 01, 2012, 08:43:02 AM
Funny, I was just going to post the same thing. I've never been paid on anything what is this  " Turn your website into a money making monster"  B.S ?
Same here. Been waiting for payment for about a week. Contacted "support" via contact form a couple of days ago and no reply. Took the ads offline yesterday. 14k impressions for nothing  Undecided
http://www.bitcoinadvertisers.com/partnerstat.php?p=18Gs5KMhhzyZB31Xpn4Qf2493298j9s7qp
Anyway, ads were low quality (no offense to advertisers, by this I just mean: nothing interesting for non-BTC people) and some were about gambling although I specifically asked not to show gambling ads... I won't miss them as much as my 0.10 BTC...
Activity: 504
May 31, 2012, 12:12:46 AM
wow, just wow, first this annoyed me because it was real world corruption in the bitcoin world (company feel's untouchable and starts scamming people "legally") now its just stupid, how someone representing a business thinks he is right and stubbornly sticks to that escapes me
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
May 30, 2012, 06:15:22 PM
It's pretty silly to say you disbursed funds to "charity" rather than just credit back the advertisers. I can't imagine many people expecting that sort of thing.

The money needs to go back to the advertisers.  Either the clicks were valid and should be paid, or they were a scam and should be refunded.  bitcoinadvertisers.com nor a charity should end up with the money.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
May 30, 2012, 05:38:09 PM
Thinking about putting up a bet about this...
This dispute will be resolved and the arguing will stop within 1 year
Since it's pretty clear at this point that both sides are entrenched and have walked in their rut so much that they can't climb out.

If I had the time, I'd analyze it more, because there's probably a minimum of 2 logical fallacies used by either side and 2 valid points which haven't been answered to Roll Eyes
Activity: 336
May 30, 2012, 05:27:32 PM
The future begins today
May 30, 2012, 05:00:49 PM
Please note term 3) is a lie. CoinAd account wasn't banned or notified about this. Andrew did this to profit even more from the scam.

No one partner contact information is collected at sign up and neither does the service need to notify anyone of this.  And how do you even know?  Do you read his email?  Troll elsewhere.

I've said multiple times that I'm following this case with CoinAd administrator before this thread existence so I can confirm that.

It's up to you to ignore/omit facts. All I can say is that you're screwed up at this moment and you deserve it for the damage you caused to CoinAd and other publishers.

EDIT: I hope you're happy to know that you stole bitcoins that were going to new bitcoin users.

I hope you are happy to know that if nothing was earned nothing can be taken away.  

Fact 1: The ads were published and viewed by CoinAd users.
Fact 2: You did not ban CoinAd account, this would allowed you to get more views without having to pay.
Fact 3: CoinAd tried to contact you about this situation but he never got a decent reply.
Fact 4: Until this thread was open you did not care about this situation. It is easier to run away from responsibilities but when things go public it is hard to handle isn't it ?
Fact 5: CoinAd administrator even with this damage still managed to pay to his users and hosting provider.

This advertisements were paid by your clients, so the money is in your pocket right now ?
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
May 30, 2012, 04:55:25 PM
Please note term 3) is a lie. CoinAd account wasn't banned or notified about this. Andrew did this to profit even more from the scam.

No partner contact information is collected at sign up...
So what? You provide partners with a stats page, which they obviously visit, what prevents you from notifying them via these pages?
Then... when answering to posts in this thread you refer to "fraud" as a justification for bans all the time. In my case, I repeat, my website was banned (as I found out much later), stats page was continuing to show flow of earnings, my message via your support form regarding lack of payouts was ignored for days, you reacted only to my pm here after I posted on the forum and told me that my website was banned because it's not "a good fit" for you. Where is fraud in this equation? (at least from my side LOL).
Not that I care about those pennies you chose not to pay to me, but all this tells a lot about your business practices.

And I recall clicking on one of the partners' addresses on your "global" stats page, and there was a message like "CTR is too high, payouts suspended pending investigation". So you actually used this way of notification (before?/for certain partners?). And now suddenly you complain about lack of partners' contact information? Roll Eyes
edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
May 30, 2012, 04:54:21 PM

No one partner contact information is collected at sign up and neither does the service need to notify anyone of this.  And how do you even know?  Do you read his email?  Troll elsewhere.

I've said multiple times that I'm following this case with CoinAd administrator before this thread existence so I can confirm that.

It's up to you to ignore/omit facts. All I can say is that you're screwed up at this moment and you deserve it for the damage you caused to CoinAd and other publishers.

EDIT: I hope you're happy to know that you stole bitcoins that were going to new bitcoin users.

I hope you are happy to know that if nothing was earned nothing can be taken away. 

So your advertisers paid for nothing?
The future begins today
May 30, 2012, 04:47:42 PM

The future begins today
May 30, 2012, 04:42:29 PM
Activity: 518
May 30, 2012, 04:40:49 PM
Quote from: Maged
Now you're just pulling a bulanula.

You know you have reached legend status on the forums when your username becomes a descriptive word ! Cheesy

Maged is doing the right thing here. It is justice being handed out fairly for all forum users / scammers.

Next time I will also try and hide behind and use fancy TOS with hidden clauses to protect me.

You forget this is BTC world and not court Cool

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
May 30, 2012, 04:34:23 PM
The terms of service have been updated to prevent this from being a problem in the future. However, Andrew still needs to pay these people who were legitimately using his service under the old Terms.

1) There is no significant difference between those versions of terms in the context of this dispute.
Please point out the following from the old terms:
a) which part of the Terms they broke
b) which part allows you to keep the bitcoins for yourself
2) I had reason to believe the banners on websites they controlled were generating false clicks.
Was that against the old Terms?
3) I banned those accounts according to standard practice.
That doesn't revoke your obligation to pay them any funds that were pending.
4) The customer and I were not able to reconcile those differences at which time he illicit's personal friends to a) create a public thread complaining about the issue, b) defame my reputation, c) cause my service significant financial loss, d) he did not then or now use his own advertising service on the dailybitcoin.org website or any other service to replace BitcoinAdvertisers.com banner ad hosting service.
Now you're just pulling a bulanula.
5) Without due diligence or recourse forum moderators judged my service to be guilty without hearing counter arguments.  
We absolutely heard your counter-arguments! In fact, I would have personally been just fine with you refunding the advertisers instead of paying these guys, despite the fact that no court would agree with me (they'd tell you to pay these guys, no exceptions).
6) The threat of seizing partner account funds is there to warn publishers to not try to game the system and we have had a lot of people try this.
And I don't disagree with this at all, which is why I'm glad that you've gone ahead and updated the Terms so that all parties are aware of this.

If I can make any recommendations to the moderators of this forum it would be to not take sides in a dispute between members.  You say you are all about free speech and I now know that to mean that trolling, defaming, and insulting forum members and financial contributors to this website is a forum standard practice.  I have had something like 40btc worth of ad space on this forum and because of your actions I will not be purchasing ads here in the future.
Our whole job in scammer investigations are to take a side, but in a fair and unbiased manner. I knew none of the people involved in this dispute, so I feel that I fit the role (note: this investigation is still controlled by tysat until/unless he transfers it to me)
Pages:
Jump to: