Pages:
Author

Topic: 0.96.4 RC1 - page 8. (Read 14215 times)

Activity: 270
Merit: 36
October 03, 2017, 10:07:21 AM
is there a way to run an offline version of this? i'm still having issues getting 0.96.2 to work offline.
Linux users that were having trouble with older CPUs, try the noasm .deb
As per the post, give that one a whirl. If you've already installed the psutil dependency from a previous offline package this should work.
Activity: 178
Merit: 10
October 03, 2017, 01:20:59 AM
is there a way to run an offline version of this?  i'm still having issues getting 0.96.2 to work offline.
Activity: 525
Merit: 282
October 03, 2017, 01:16:09 AM
Just FYI, this is the first OSX build using the latest tools (Command Line Tools 9.0 on macOS 10.13). Hopefully this will solve certain issues. If not, post logs and such here. Just remember, as always, you'll need to make sure that GateKeeper lets the binary execute! I believe that, with 10.13, you no longer need to unlock the settings. You can just push a button that allows the binary to run after macOS catches it the first time.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
October 02, 2017, 10:09:02 PM
Damn, you are on fire! :-)

Interesting, now I might connect armory-db and armory-qt directly via FCGI? I was under the impression this is not the suggested way, and to always have some ngnix or comparable in between?

Cheers,

Ente

This is a convenience change to let people connect within their LAN without the need of running a HTTP deamon. Makes the setup simpler basically. DO NOT use this to expose your DB to the WAN, that's a bad idea through and through. I still believe you should use the proper setup within your own LAN, i.e. DB locked on localhost -> nginx -> LAN -> clients, but at this point it's nitpicking, so there you go, easier setup options.
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
October 02, 2017, 06:39:45 PM
Damn, you are on fire! :-)

Interesting, now I might connect armory-db and armory-qt directly via FCGI? I was under the impression this is not the suggested way, and to always have some ngnix or comparable in between?

Cheers,

Ente
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
October 02, 2017, 02:56:22 PM
Binaries:

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases/tag/v0.96.3.99

Changelog:

== Added ==
   - SegWit lockbox creation.
   - BCH lockbox spending.
   - Coin selection will now limit itself to change outputs when spending to external addresses you've spent to in the past.
   - You will receive a warning about privacy loss if coin selection fails to satisfy the previous condition.
   - Added the following CLI args:
      - Client side:
         --force-enable-segwit: when paired with --offline, allows the creation of SegWit types recipient addresses.
         --force-fcgi: forces the client to use FCGI socketing when connecting to a remote DB IP.
      - Server side:
         --listen-all: FCGI server will listen on :80 instead of 127.0.0.1:80

== Fixed ==
   - Fixed ledger based fee bumping.
   - Fixed RBF control dialog spawning.
   - Fixed node sync progress bar.
   - Fixed node status notification flicker during node sync.
   - Fixed fragment ID generation mismatching the fragment on backup when restoring non deterministic fragments. This fix only
     applies to fragments generated with versions 0.96.4 and later.
   - When in offline mode, the default signer option will now pick the proper signer for SegWit transactions.
   - Fixed --ram-usage control. --ram-usage=1 will no longer hang the DB during bootstrap scans.
   - As a result, --ram-usage defaults to 50 no instead of 4.

== Minor ==
   - You can now resize the Transaction Info dialog.

Notes:

SegWit lockboxes use compressed keys as opposed to the legacy ones, therefor they are sensibly smaller while also being a whole lot cheaper. Users looking to try them out should test around on testnet first.

Linux users that were having trouble with older CPUs, try the noasm .deb

Pages:
Jump to: