Pages:
Author

Topic: 10 ETH or 1 BTC? - page 16. (Read 11960 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
September 06, 2017, 01:49:04 PM
I think both will do when you invest but if you have to choose one, i think you should go for btc. Eth is a good coin, it has potential and at some point its value as increased and it will continue to do so. However, btc is better than eth when you want to invest since it is well established and their is a better posibility that its valuewill continue to rise and if you are planning to hold it for a minimum of five years, provided that btc will continue to improve, you wil definitely have a huge profit at the end of it. 
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
September 06, 2017, 12:55:51 PM
If feel optimistic with  strength that is behind ETH, then it's suitable as very profitable investment choice. ETH values against btc are still strong to ascend. Also a tough altcoin whose value is good even to speculate in exchanges.
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
September 06, 2017, 12:34:18 PM
How about half a BTC and 5 ETH. Seems logical... It would be ridiculous to bet everything on BTC atm. It's a real joke.

Seems like you were wrong about bitcoin. BTC right now is $4600 and if you break down a half BTC and 5 ETH then you will only have around $3800. I will always choose 1 BTC over any other coins.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
September 01, 2017, 06:13:41 PM
I think ETH better trading market move up and down all the time, very easy to make money according to me.
People have different markets they like, it is the same as in forex some prefer some particular pairs since they know how they move after years of watching the charts, if you like ETH better then good for you but you cannot expect that everyone has the same proficiency when it comes to reading the ETH charts and make money with it, some will prefer bitcoin or litecoin and that is fine.
Activity: 150
Merit: 110
August 28, 2017, 02:57:36 PM
10 ETH is better for trading in market but i definitely prefer 1 Bitcoin and i forget that i have it for a long term investment.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
August 28, 2017, 01:39:40 PM
I think ETH better trading market move up and down all the time, very easy to make money according to me.
ETH price stability is very possible to make a good sale and purchase,ETH will never go down very deep,even tend to rise slowly but for sure, eth is very promising,even from the first until now I love it this coin
Activity: 554
Merit: 100
August 28, 2017, 03:53:44 AM
Activity: 1680
Merit: 845
August 27, 2017, 05:59:06 PM
A good alternative would be 50/50 of both, it's less risky. Although, in this case I would definitely go for 1 BTC, sounds like an a lot safer option too. Moreover, it's worth more than 10 ETH, even if ETH's price returns back to $400s.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
August 27, 2017, 02:17:21 PM
With $3000 to invest, is there any advantages to either, with the expectations/hopes that they both will continue to grow?  Just trying to see what others would do, as I plan to let this initial investment sit for 5yrs minimum in a cold wallet.

Thanks ladies and gents!

If i invest 3k$ i put it all in bitcoin why bitcoin is a major of cryptocurrency his no.1 in crypto.. No one other to stop price of bitcoin... If u check the price of bitcoin was 2009 is only .08$ now 2017 is 4k$ so i think after the 2017 will pump it again if u hold in 5yrs i think 100k$ per bitcoin in 2022.. Gudluck
I think it depends on your desire for risk, putting all in bitcoin is the safest bet you can make in crypto currencies, personally I think a better option for those that want to play it safe and still get good profits could be to invest in some well established altcoins, Litecoin, waves and lisk are my top choices if I had 3000 dollars to invest and for those that love the risk they could always invest in ICOs and see how they perform.
Activity: 292
Merit: 102
Bounty Detective
August 23, 2017, 05:45:43 AM
I think i'll go with 1 bitcoin. My reason is that you can conveniently transact through bitcoin. Unlike any other coins, you don't have the need to put another alt coin to get the cash or cash it out, while other alt coins need exchange fees through another alt coin. And also, since bitcoin is a bit popular, i'm confident to use this cryptocurrency. You can feel secured in using bitcoin than using any other alt coin, even it has some vulnerabilities,you can still rely on bitcoin.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 22, 2017, 02:51:27 PM
How about half a BTC and 5 ETH. Seems logical... It would be ridiculous to bet everything on BTC atm. It's a real joke.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 22, 2017, 01:10:25 PM
Diversification is good
20% BTC
20% Ether
20% ICO
40% other Altcoins

I have exchanged about 40% of my Bitcoin into Bitcoin Cash. The transaction confirmation is faster with BCC.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
August 22, 2017, 11:09:49 AM
 i used to like eth cause it has pumped so much in the past half year, but now i prefer to btc since the btc is so steablize and it shall be the king for a long term
Activity: 67
August 22, 2017, 10:45:52 AM
Diversification is good
20% BTC
20% Ether
20% ICO
40% other Altcoins
Activity: 1372
Merit: 255
August 22, 2017, 10:43:24 AM
Nice question, I think the best answer is 10 ETH. Do not under estimate this coin. Someday It may go close to the price of Bitcoin, so 5 ETH might be equal to 1BTC.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
August 22, 2017, 10:21:47 AM
Bitcoin is the main Crypto-Currency, the best one. Some people like to invest in ETH or diversify funds among different currencies, but I personally would prefer for now to put all my tickets in BTC. The price will probably increase a lot in few months (who knows, maybe 50%-100%), I'm not sure if ETH has the same potential... I don't think so.

1 BTC worth much more than 10 or even 100 ETH.  Cheesy

Especially because you want to put it into a cold wallet for at least 5 years, BTC potential is huge on long term.

What a wrong comment. You say you're not sure if ETH has the potential. How about the price rally that ETH made between $15 and $250 within only couple of weeks. ETH has more potential than bitcoin. For the question, ETH can't pass 1:7 ratio with bitcoin. This means 7 ETH can be equal to 1 bitcoin, but no more. This is my personal calculation. Now 12-13 ETH is 1 BTC.

I think ethereum already used its potential this year and it is valued now. Maybe not over valued but nobody can say that ethereum price is cheap now. Same story for bitcoin. The price raised so much this year... a hard decision
hard decision but if looking on its chart eth went to .2btc and if you have 10 eth you will be able to have 2btc maybe before end of this year you are just investing to grow more your btc and with those ico which will be on its way eth will grow more so I think eth will be a good in both ways.
Activity: 85
August 22, 2017, 10:17:21 AM
to be honest I feel like another dip is coming tho exactly when and how much is anyone's guess.

To be safe I would do 1/3 erh, 1/3 in btc and 1/3 in tether
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
August 22, 2017, 07:13:41 AM
Bitcoin is the main Crypto-Currency, the best one. Some people like to invest in ETH or diversify funds among different currencies, but I personally would prefer for now to put all my tickets in BTC. The price will probably increase a lot in few months (who knows, maybe 50%-100%), I'm not sure if ETH has the same potential... I don't think so.

Especially because you want to put it into a cold wallet for at least 5 years, BTC potential is huge on long term.

What a wrong comment. You say you're not sure if ETH has the potential. How about the price rally that ETH made between $15 and $250 within only couple of weeks. ETH has more potential than bitcoin. For the question, ETH can't pass 1:7 ratio with bitcoin. This means 7 ETH can be equal to 1 bitcoin, but no more. This is my personal calculation. Now 12-13 ETH is 1 BTC.

I think ethereum already used its potential this year and it is valued now. Maybe not over valued but nobody can say that ethereum price is cheap now. Same story for bitcoin. The price raised so much this year... a hard decision
It would really be a hard decision on choosing since no one would ever know on the potential increase later on but comparing them on possible movements and possible income on their slightest movement I would really go for ETH since it do have smaller value than bitcoin and a slight movement will really make some good impact on your holding considering on the volume.
Activity: 616
Merit: 124
August 22, 2017, 07:08:16 AM

Activity: 812
Merit: 253
August 22, 2017, 07:08:03 AM
We all have different points of view and it really is up to the OP on which coins he would choose to invest in. But if I were in his shoe, the most practical thing to do would be to divide your coins and invest in both of these coins. In that way, you have like a win-win strategy. But that's just me though, or you could choose whichever you think you could benefit most from.
Pages:
Jump to: