Pages:
Author

Topic: 10 ETH or 1 BTC? - page 11. (Read 11962 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 100
October 12, 2017, 01:07:32 PM
Investment for 5 years requires careful analysis. I choose btc for hold long term investment. Because bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency.
For me both eth and bitcoin though bitcoin is the best investment still I will invest in Eth. Yes holding for a long term with a great value soon. With eth still you can earn profit on holding for a long term.
Activity: 280
October 12, 2017, 12:41:08 PM
Investment for 5 years requires careful analysis. I choose btc for hold long term investment. Because bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency.
Activity: 256
October 12, 2017, 12:35:09 PM
I would say invest in both, I think you are safe to expect both will continue to rise. Who knows which will rise at a higher rate, so at least if you get a bit of both you will be happy with the results either way. Definitely both are awesome coins with huge investment return potential.
Activity: 518
Merit: 278
October 12, 2017, 12:29:30 PM
Stick with BTC as that is the best option you have right now since ETH still has many problems and fixes needed before it returns to its previous price at $400 and above.
Activity: 223
Merit: 1
October 12, 2017, 11:54:15 AM
My vote is both as well.  I don't see the down side of holding both at all.  The two coins you selected are both strong and will continue to rise.  Others maybe not so much.  I don't think you can go wrong with either.  But, to be safe, just go with some of each.   Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
October 12, 2017, 11:51:15 AM
It's hard to say with all the forks happening, bitcoin fork, eth fork.
I actually think both could be great investments.
Activity: 400
Play2Live presale starts on 5th December
October 12, 2017, 11:37:41 AM
With $3000 to invest, is there any advantages to either, with the expectations/hopes that they both will continue to grow?  Just trying to see what others would do, as I plan to let this initial investment sit for 5yrs minimum in a cold wallet.

Thanks ladies and gents!

BTC price is rising this week while ETH relatively stable... So I think BTC is better to invest...
But with uncertainty in the future, investing in both will be the safest way I think ~
Activity: 118
October 12, 2017, 11:34:33 AM
I think that the diversification is most importam. And i prefer to buy both.

I agree with this. Diversification is key in any investment plan. No one knows what's
going to happen in the future, and keeping all your eggs in one basket is just asking
for disaster. Especially with the contentious hard forks coming up, best to spread
your money out. IMO.

Now, we're moving into a new phase where 20 eth will be equal to 1 bitcoin. The old trend was like 8-10 eth for 1 bitcoin when the ether was living its golden age 3 months ago.

I can still prefer ethereum now against bitcoin.
Activity: 332
I like the clowns and the little dogs
October 12, 2017, 11:31:09 AM

I agree with this. Diversification is key in any investment plan. No one knows what's
going to happen in the future, and keeping all your eggs in one basket is just asking
for disaster. Especially with the contentious hard forks coming up, best to spread
your money out. IMO.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
October 12, 2017, 11:25:27 AM
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
October 12, 2017, 11:23:11 AM
With $3000 to invest, is there any advantages to either, with the expectations/hopes that they both will continue to grow?  Just trying to see what others would do, as I plan to let this initial investment sit for 5yrs minimum in a cold wallet.

Thanks ladies and gents!

1 BTC, ETH will die long-long term
Activity: 156
Merit: 1
October 12, 2017, 11:22:18 AM
This is a tough call, and probably depends on what your plan is for it.  I'm one of those people that don't want to miss out on the boat, so I'll put my money in both.  Guess part of me thinks its safe.  There's opportunity cost galore with this strategy, but, if either rockets, you'll at least be onboard.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
October 12, 2017, 11:16:22 AM
max (1 * btc, 10 * eth)

If the ETH price can be 0.1 BTc in the long term, it is already very good.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
September 27, 2017, 02:27:29 AM
max (1 * btc, 10 * eth)
Activity: 419
September 27, 2017, 02:23:58 AM
if hear about portfolio system,  i think you can use the method to investment. Don't put  All Apple in a box.
The system of not putting everything in the same investment is good but once you become good at trading that rule does not need to be followed that strictly, after all, if you see an exceptional opportunity to make money you are not going to pass on that just because you need to spread your investments, you go all in and then enjoy your big profits.
I utterly agree with you in this regard. We all know that bitcoins are the best ever digital currencies and at present are leading digital currencies for many years. No sensible person is going to buy eth when he can go for bitcoins because everyone wants big profits in short time.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
September 26, 2017, 07:12:49 PM

and why not buy 0.5 BTC and 5 ETH ?
it would diversify your wallet and would bet on the 2 main currency  Instead of 1 !!
And with the ETH you can participate in ICO ...

Because the op is probably thinking about maximizing its profits and if he does that  then it is very likely that his profits are not going to be as good as if he choose only one coin, and since the purpose of a trader is to try to get as much profits as possible then I can understand very well why the op is unsure about which coin he is going to choose BTC or ETH.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
September 21, 2017, 11:15:48 PM
I will pick 1btc, because i like btc. And for me btc has a great furure than eth. And btc is the father of all cryptocurrency and it is more improve than eth. 
Activity: 199
September 21, 2017, 01:12:20 PM
have you ever think invest to other altcoin. 3000$ for stratis will make more money than invest to eth or btc
Activity: 714
September 21, 2017, 12:22:24 PM
of course 10 eth is better than 1 btc....! its can very profitable and give you extra money because eth is for future invesment and always increase high price years to years
Activity: 336
September 21, 2017, 11:30:27 AM
If i have that amount i will go for bitcoin. It has better future than ETH in my opinion

Wouldn't it make sense to diversify? Sure bitcoin has growth potential, but what about that of ETH?

The utility value of Ethereum seems like it's going to be huge in the long run. I'm a n00b, so if I'm off, corrections are welcome.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: