Pages:
Author

Topic: ~$10 USD worth of alt coin compensation for taking a brief survey. - page 2. (Read 4026 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Need a campaign manager? PM me
1) A lot
2) 05/2013
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) A

6) Would not be very interested
7) Doubt it

8 ) Alt coins go through periodic pump and dump cycles. Great for making profits.
9) No
10) Everybody here is trying to make profit of others. I doubt your idea will be any good.
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
1)yes
2)feb/2012
3)yes

4)yes, i do early mine some CPU coins;
5)surely second option

6)No
7)No

8)shit is so unstable, im exited about whats gonna happen in cryptos universe
9)possibily
10)idk
legendary
Activity: 952
Stagnation is Death
1) Yes
2) Feb 2014
3) Yes

4) A
5) B
6) Yes
8 ) Current scene is flooded with everyone trying to get rich, we cannot stop this as this is human mentality. But in long term only those coins will survive which are fast and secure enough for real world transactions. The coins with more merchant acceptance will be of more value.
9) Yes, i always get noticed because of my eye for detail and perfectionist nature
10) Looks interesting, not sure its for me.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
1) A lot of very small amounts from trying out various coins, and mining on multipools. I trade most coins instantly for BTC though.
2) In march 2012 I mined BTC/LTC for a few weeks, but was very busy with university so lost interest. Started again in december 2013.
3) Yes

4) I don't have enough time to actively do research, and invest/mine very new pump'n'dump coins. I benefit in small ways from them by mining in multipools that adopt these coins fairly early.
5) As I am interested in the internal workings of crypto-currencies in general, I like the quality-coins (B) more as they may have an impact on the future. I even spent some time thinking about how to improve them myself. I see mining more as a hobby instead of a way to make money. Being honest however, for mining I just pick the most profitable coin. Sadly, those are pump'n'dump coins (A) most of the time. I think this choice is based on me thinking that my puny hashrate won't make a difference.

6) Yes, definitely
7) For the motivations mentioned, I would even pay a higher price. After all, that's what life's about, no?

Cool I think alt coins have a positive influence on crypto-currency. A lot are copy/paste, but they raise questions and sometimes deal with problems. Eventually this will lead to improvements.
9) Yes, I think people that put a lot of effort in their job or elsewhere will eventually get noticed, and rewarded for it. Karma is a good way to motive yourself Smiley
10) Very sceptical about it. If what you say is honest and can be performed, it's a very nice dream/thought/idea. I think you have to provide some more info and certainty however to attract people in a forum filled with scammers.
Activity: 80

1) Yes
2) February 2014
3) yes

4) (Optional)
yestime to time

5) B

6) Yes
7) If "No" would a much lower price ($2 to $5) make a big difference in your decision?

8 ) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the current alt coin universe, this survey, or anything related?
9) No
10) (Optional)
legendary
Activity: 1022
1) Yes
2) March 2013
3) Yes

4) No, but I'm working on it
5) B - since I can't get in early, looking for true innovation

6) No
7) Yes

Cool I don't think it is that bad - the community seems to have figured out the scam coins pretty quick - e.g coinye.  I wish you luck with your project.
9) It would be pretty to think so.
10) I hope a site like that works for some people.  As far as coins though hard to beat bitcointalk forums.  Good Luck!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1) Yes
2) June/July 2013
3) Yes

4) Yes, for some times.
5) B

6) Maybe
7) Maybe

8 ) Nope
9) Nope
10) Nope
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
1) Yes
2) I may get bashed for this, but it was given to me by TradeFortress
3) Yes

4) I never took notice of altcoins unless they actually contain innovation rather than just cloning, adding coins, reducing times , etc

5) WorldCoin and LiteCoin, despite the fact that WorldCoin price dropped due to Schrambeck, it is still an innovative coin with large support, LiteCoin does not need to be explained haha

6) Not really
7) Of course it would

8 ) Too many altcoins ruins the economy, we just need a few good ones, and maybe a thrash coin exchange
9) Nah
10) Some people think its a scam, we need some actual figures
Activity: 2
1) Yes (40,000 doge)
2) july 2013 (.2btc)
3) Yes

4) yes, some of the coins i have invested in returned good profits (doge)
5) B

6) Yes
7) N/A

8 ) alt coins is an interesting option to explore, however, untill more people become involved it will be difficut for it to take off like bitcoin
9)no
10) nothing intersting on the like
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
1) yes
2) June 2012
3) yes

4) a couple times it has been worth my time to mine them
5) I generally go towards quality

6) no
7) no

8 ) no
9) only if one implements it themselves before someone else sees it and does it first
10) It reminds me of those "Make $xxx working from home" ads. I would immediately discount it as an attempt to exploit the stupid.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
BTS: merockstar420
just curious, did anyone get their ten dollars in altcoins for doing this?

I havent.
Activity: 244
1) Yes
2) Jan 13
3) YEs

4) Yes
5) Not enough information to answer

6) No
7) Maybe, depends what they offered

8 ) no
9) no
10) no
Activity: 14
1) Yes (LTC,DoGE,XHD)
2) October / 2013
3) Yes

4) Nope, 99% Of those coins are made just so people (DEV and team) can scam some money.
5)There are far too many ALTcoins out there, no need for new unless it is new technology that will revolutionize something IMO we have seen enough so far.

6) I allready have Dogecoin for that, but sure why not.
7) No

8 ) Altcoins are good, as long as they are not there just for the money, it takes a lot of work for a coin to because USEFULL and successful (Doge, LTC,)
9) No, so far it is not needed.
10) One can only dream of right?
legendary
Activity: 1596
1) yes
2) 2013
3) yes

4) no
5) B coin would be preferred

6) no
7) yes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524
1) No
2) April 2013
3) Yes

4) No
5) B

6) Maybe
7) Possibly

8 ) No
9) Doubt it
10) Looks like a confusing scam
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I´ve got a picture! Haha!
1) Yes, loads
2) 05/2013
3) Yes, way more

4) Yes, I am activelly picking them up, malesting and dumping them, because thats all what they deserve.
5) B, since 99% of alts are copypaste shit/scams and killing whole crypto scene

6) Yes, but You will have hard time to persuade me that "funny stuff is ahead" and motivate me, as I went throught many "funny and dramatic" scams (unocs, orbitcoin, phenixex, minersbit, stockcoin, EDIT: maybe even this...).
7) thats ridiculously low, are You targeting all the kids exploiting parents electricity bills by non profitable mining?

Cool Make POW/POS hybrid coin resistant to ASICs and multipool malesting with balanced params and some funny way to "human mine" (something like HUC did), back it up with huge self supporting comunity and ease to use features and yo´re winner. I actually have some concept, but I won´t share ;-)
9) Of course, only blindfolded fool did not.
10) Holly fuck, I should start from the end, I would never fill this If I read that before.. Sounds like shit to my eyes for the first smell (Yes, nonsense exactly as your concept). My scam alert siren woke up whole street now.. Btw. It reminds me late 80´ pathetic advertisement. I am definitely watch this thread and see how many fools will you lure to trap. Also, its quite patch to know, but anyway:

69.5 BTC

Never forget..
Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
1) Yes
2) Dec 2013
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) B always wins in the end, A for short term

6) Yes
7)

8 ) I want to see another coin like GPUCoin but with improvements made to the business model.

Investors would invest in the company XCoin.
    All investments would go to purchasing wholesale goods.
    Investors would each get a lump sum of XCoins equal to the wholesale cost of the goods
    The goods are sold at competitive prices, but the only way to buy them is with XCoins.
    People can purchase XCoins from investors or mine them.
    The proceeds, including the majority of profits, are used to purchase more equipment at wholesale price - and the cycle repeats.
    A small portion of profits is split up and sent to investor's wallets. (they have special stake wallets)

What would happen is as follows:  If the goods are in high demand then customers will push the price of XCoin up trying to get a good deal.  The price should end up around what one can get at EBay or other auction houses.
Not only this - but money will constantly be injected into the market since people have to buy XCoins to get that good deal.

The price would stabalize, the market would have liquidity since customers have to purchase XCoin and in turn XCoin has to be converted back to bitcoin to purchase the goods.
Investors would be able to sell of their initial pile of coins and make profit since they got them at wholesale costs.  Also investors would profit for the rest of the lifecycle of the company with their stake.
The supply would grow as most profits are put back into buying more equipment.  The coin would become huge.

9) Yes.  It is possible. (not my answer, but maybe someone else) It is unlikely.  It takes action, not just words, to get an idea going.
10) Already posted on thread.
Activity: 4
1 ) Yes
2 ) Feb 2014
3 ) Yes
4 ) No , lost a little bit to doge
5 ) I will choose "will go to the moon if they ever get on Cryptsy" coin. , even tho i have been burnt before
6 ) Yes
7 ) -
8 ) makes it easier to get BTC
9 ) Yes i really do enjoy doing this.
10 ) Would Join

Thank you   Cheesy
Activity: 126
Waves address 3PP4npcijfECsxrf4Ms4rSxPuZq1kamGn7H
1) Yes
2) Feb 2014
3) Yes

4) No
5) B

6) Yes
7) N/A

8 ) Too many new alt-coins!!
9) No
10) N/A

Thanks!
Activity: 182
1) Yes
2) December 2013
3) Yes
4) I'll mine then dump anything. For some reason, people will pay for complete shit so I mine whatever poop coin has low difficulty.
5) The only coin with a mainstream future is BTC and maybe one alt. So I'll keep up with the pump and dumps. It is profitable.

6) Only if you are expecting it to go to the moon. I find that entertainment.
7) No, crypto-currencies are not fun or entertainment so the amount is irrelevant.

8 ) maybe if it is to infinity and beyond.
9) no
10) (the devil is in the details.
Pages:
Jump to: