Pages:
Author

Topic: ~$10 USD worth of alt coin compensation for taking a brief survey. - page 3. (Read 4026 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
1) yes
2) January 2013
3) yes
4) yes
5) B
6) yes
7) NA
8 ) most new coins aren't worth it to me
9) no
10) it looks good to me

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
1) Yes (multiple coins)
2) March 2012
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) B

6) Yes
7) N/A

8 ) Many of the clonecoins are annoying and will continue to be annoying, but as I've seen, it's all part of the process. Although, the recent uptick of IPOs resulting in scams is quite unfortunate. I'm also very curious on what shakes out from this survey. I hope to see collated results that are broken down by various Bitcointalk demographics (such as member status).
9) Sure, those sort of things are always possible. Although, it's more likely that if an unexpected opportunity arises, it'll be for a nice job, not necessarily a nice career; after all, careers are built over long periods of time (i.e. years).
10) It's a different concept, but besides the link to crypto-currencies what makes it different from other types of entrepreneurial-styled pay sites? In fact, seeing that you are trying to work something where you can get receive discounts on coins from whales alongside the IPO type of structure makes it seem a slight bit suspicious.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Stop the potato genocide!

Thank you for your time.

You're welcome.

1. Yes
2. December 2013
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. B. Quality based.
6. Yes
7. NA
8. Tonnes. You should drop me a PM if you're interested to hear the ramblings of a chain-smoking drunk. However, I would like to highlight two points - the objectives of 9/10 alt coin devs seem to end at getting on an exchange, and development apparently consists of mainly dice games and faucets.
9. No.
10. Too vague and light.

I appreciate the courtesy you displayed on both threads. Civility to strangers is a dying art.
Activity: 779
Merit: 500
1) Yes, quite a few
2)october 2013
3) yes

4) occasionally, but a lot are losses since i dont have any mining power
5) it seems like theres more money in A, but i like the idea of B MUCH better

6) no, too risky for nothing in return
7) sure, that isnt really anything to risk.

8 ) i really hope people get together behind something, like NEM.
9) quite possibly
10) seems a little ridiculous. but it could work
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

1)yes
2)2013
3)yes

4)no
5)quality

6)already did, doges, and when they killed the currency aka inflationary, i lost a lot of $
7)if i get free from here $, well that could be used to make me tons like it did with the original drug addicts that used btc to buy drugs from silkroad for .30 a bitcoin and maybe a litle more. Many of them cashed out at 1200k

8 )would be nice, on most alts that I have ever held, i only lost money
9) well I need a bigger miner, to compete, and so far mentioning bitcoin when applying for a job has landed me no job
10) looks great thanks

Activity: 639
1) I have mostly altcoins.
2) Oct/Nov 2013 (forgot the exact date).
3) Yes

4) I have made a profit on a few.
5) First option.

6) If I invest its only because of some chance of getting wealthy.
7) Probably.

8 ) Altcoins allow newcomers to build up their stake.
9) No
10) Not sure what it is, to be honest. Some kind of support group?

Thank you.
Activity: 20
1) Yes, some doge coins
2) November 2013
3) No.

4) Yes, I am currently mining new altcoins and holding them until one of them rises in price.
5) I would go for the best profit.

6) I would think about it.
7) A lower price like that would be more interesting.

8 )
9) Yes that could be.
10)
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
1) Yes: VEL, Q2C and DOGE besides others
2) 2012
3) Yes  Cheesy

4) No, I like to mine coins with new features/algos and am more the bagholder type.  Grin
5) Obviously B, if it's done well.

6) Probably not. IPO = scam in my experience  Undecided
7) More likely

8 ) We need more fresh algos and new wallet designs (skins). I'd love some Curve25519 http://cr.yp.to/ecdh.html . Built-in Escrow would be great too.
9) Reading this question after my short answer made me laugh. Perhaps, perhaps not. Since my coding skills are very underdeveloped I doubt it. I can admin a linux server though.  Grin
10) The whale market sure is an interesting idea. But I'm not sure if you develop a coin or a community. Or is it both?  Grin
Activity: 40
1) Yes.
2) December 2013.
3) Yes.

4) I've made a small amount from choosing the right coin to mine but really it's a crapshoot. Have never developed a coin.
5) I'd choose B, if the coin is so revolutionary I will make money from it regardless and the rest of the world will benefit too.

6) Yes, definitely, I already did so with Doge. But I will not buy directly from the developer.
7) n/a

8 ) Most current coins are garbage. I won't touch a new coin unless it includes significant new features. Clonecoins should be boycotted entirely imo.
9) Not 100% sure what this means, but I'm certainly not expecting to get noticed for a quick opinion like that one, lol.
10) My first impression is that it's a pyramid scheme. Nobody with any legitimacy makes promises like the OP is there.
Activity: 83
1) Yes
2) 01/14
3) No

4) No
5) B

6) No
7) Yes

Cool I'd like to see only CPU or GPU mining coin. No ASIC
9) Not really
10) Not enough info in the post
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
1) Yes, currently I own some from about 10 different altcoins.
2) As a gift back in 2011.
3) Yes.

4) Yes, from early mining.
5) I prefer a combination of A and B (e.g. I'm mining and holding Protoshares and NXT, but also mined Doge, Earthcoin
and several others for the quick buck).

6) Yes. However I'm not interested in "entertainment, adventure, education, new friends, or being part of a dramatic story".
I'm interested only in the "chance of getting wealthy" part Smiley.
7) N/A

Cool 90% of the alts are crap, but fortunately "tradeable/dumpable" crap...
9) No.
10) Looks like one of the usual "Be Your Own Boss and/or Get rich quick" MLMs.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
1) Yes
2) November 2013, during the massive rally from 500 and up.
3) Yes

4) Yes, I mined some coins that appear to be different than others (Doge, Noble)
5) B. See my involvement in NobleCoin, a coin that is a copy, but takes things differently (transparancy, clear goals, honest and hard working dev)

6) Yes
7) - (though it would make entry easier)

Cool Be transparant, give loads of updates, avoid "To da mooners" Focus on your strong points, what makes your coin different? Small pre-mine is ok, but not if 0,1% is 50% of the supply for the first 10 years..
9) Yes, though you should not expect it often does not happen.
10) Sounds to got to be true to be honest, maybe make it look less like a sales pitch.
Activity: 13
1)Yes.
2)December 2013
3)Yes

4)Yes, I mine newer coins, and dump when satisfied with the return.
5)B

6)Yes
7)---

8)Pre-mined coins are usually something I stay away from.  I think scrypt coins are on the rise. 
9) Yes
10) Looks pretty cool, not sure if it is for me though. 
Activity: 4
edit:
Things are moving fast, the first 101 replies can claim their ~$10 USD worth of alt coin, in this thread:
ColoradoGold (coGold) get ready for the Modern Gold Rush!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coloradogold-cogold-get-ready-for-the-modern-gold-rush-500958
To make it easy to track later please mention "the $10 survey thread" or something similar.

That thread is locked, how exactly are we to 'post' there?
Activity: 58

1)yes
2)2013.11
3)yes

4)no
5)B

6)yes
7)no. I don't care the money.

8 )
9)Yes. Maybe.
10)
Activity: 4

1) Yes
2) 11/2013
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) B - mid to long term investment is part of my plan.

6) Yes
7) N/A

8 ) Google Docs makes surveys like this real friendly.
9) Yes but this is the first time answering so 'do I ever' is a strange way of phrasing this question.
10) no input at this time.
Activity: 2
1)yes, Primecoin
2)2011
3)yes

4)nope
5) "B" the kind which gains value based on "quality"

6)yes
7)n/a

8 )coins are too easy to mine with advanced add-ons, should be done without additional hardware
9)yes
10)nice idea

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 772
1)Yes, i own about 5 altcoin including BTC and RDD
2)Got my first coin at Rugatu answering technical questions.
3)Yes

4)You can spot a copycat or clone coin in an instant, No i don`t
5)my answer is B good quality. this type of coin will take you a long journey

6)Maybe, when i see an IPO coin, alert keeps on ringing in the back of my head.
7)No,

8 )Their are too many altcoins popping around some are being endorse my prominent people, but do they serve its purpose i guess not.
9)we can never know what tomorrow will give us.
10)It would not hurt to try new things.
Activity: 106
1) Yes, mainly in doge, mint, and realstack.

2) Around the crash from 1200 to 500, November-ish.

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

5) I'll probably mine half of both, to minimize the risk of all-inning on one.

6) Yes.

8 ) There are too many coins out there at the moment, hopefully the true coins will emerge soon.

9) Perhaps, it could lead to opportunities in the market.

10) Interesting, but I don't know if I would pay for it.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Ok, here it goes...

1) Yes, a large range of coins- moderate holdings.
2) March, 2013.
3) Yes.
4) No!
5) B- because I am a holder, not a trader or miner. I want to be a user of coins, and I want crypto to be part of broader society in it's use. Selfishness breeds distrust and short-lived success.
6) Yes, the best cryptos offer this.
7) No
Cool I have many hopes, but trust is an issue that is the most important in crypto development. I am an artist and writer- not a coder, developer or businessman, and it pains me that I am constantly having to put trust in the intentions of faceless cryptos. I believe the best thing that a new coin can do, is be transparent with the people behind it. Hopefully this survey is a marker of good intention, rather than just the premise of something 'more'.
9) In any endevour, making an effort demonstrates a sense of caring- I read Bitcointalk all the time, and I get a sense that there are more people wanting something, than there are willing to give something. That's the wrong attitude. All I can give crypto is being an informed user and spending time learning and using the protocols, with the hope that this is something that I can pass onto my friends and family.
10) Eccentric and optimistic for sure! Intriguing. I'm not sure about the 'Big Money' goal thing, nor the future millionaires/billionaires thing- that sounds too much like a 90's self-help book. Otherwise, I'll be interested to see where this goes.
Pages:
Jump to: