Pages:
Author

Topic: ~$10 USD worth of alt coin compensation for taking a brief survey. - page 6. (Read 4026 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
1)   Yes
2) 01/14
3) Yes
4) No
5) B
6) Probably not.
7) Cheaper the better. But still probably not.
8 )The majority of alt coins are a complete waste, they provide no roadmap to ever be used as a real currency, and seem to be copycat coins trying to market via memes and logos. To stand out, use code that is unique and try to have a real purpose.
9) No
10) Umm… not for me. But perhaps the marinecoin guy would be interested if his crypto city/empire doesn’t go quite as planned.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
1 ) Yes
2 ) Mar 2013
3 ) Yes
4 ) Yes
5 ) I will choose "will go to the moon if they ever get on Cryptsy" coin.
6 ) Yes
7 ) -
8 ) I tend to stay away from pre-mined alt coins
9 ) Probably yes
10 ) Interesting but you should provide more details
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
1)yes
2)10/12
3)yes

4)yes
5)B

6)no
7)no

8 )ipo's are the devil, never have/will invest in them
9)no
10)No comment, but you got me to click your link, so good job
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be

1)a few
2)oct
3) why 0.002

4)Meh, sometimes.Not a dev
5)A real quality coin will make you far more money than many shitcoins

6)No.  IPO are scam imo
7)No.  You really have to have a good reason for an IPO

8 )a coin needs transactions to have value.  Also a fractional altcoin would be good, you create coins for projects voted on, when they profit you destroy the coins and the extra is inflation that is split
9)maybe
10)allgood

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
1) Yes
2) Got my first BTC via a tip on Reddit in 2010
3) Yes

4) Yes, do mine new coins; hold about 1/2 if its interesting, sell the rest.
5) Quality and innovation are more important; will be less likely to sell such coins after mining.
6) Yes, this is a hobby for me and its more important to see crytos succeed in general and gain wider acceptance. So I do support good dev teams and communities.
7)
8 ) Scrypt altcoins will more or less die when the scrypt ASICs come online similar to what happened with SHA altcoins
9) Life is an open road and this is a young field.
10) Looks interesting, not sure its for me.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
The survey is not "scientific", but your opinion can make a difference.
It will not take long, and ~40% is optional.
Your answers will have an effect on an important project with at least 3 (or more) features never seen before.

Compensation Offer
For the first 101 replies:
  • When the [ANN] thread is ready you will be registered to receive 25% to 50% more free coins than otherwise available.
  • If there is an IPO you have the option listed above or you can choose a $10 to $25 Dollar discount.
  • You could choose the offer that others pay $9.99 (for example) and get it 100% free.
Please try to be totally Honest, thank you.
Questions 4, 5, 8, and 10 might give you a small bonus, but they are optional

1) Do you currently own any amount of any alt coin?
2) ~What month/year did you obtain your first BTC or Alt?
3) Do you currently own more than 0.002 BTC?

4) (Optional)
The market appears to be flooded with new "copycat" coins. Do you personally benefit from developing/very early mining of these "dump" coins?
5) (Optional + This question can be answered by anyone regardless of your answer to #4)
If you had a choice between mining 2 coins that "will go to the moon if they ever get on Cryptsy", or 2 that are uniquely suited to change the way alt coins are created (and hopefully have a real, sustainable uptrend instead of "just a dump"), would you choose "A" (Today's current type of coins, or "B" the kind which gains value based on "quality")?
Note: Many people are seemingly addicted to the current system. Please pause and make sure your answer to #5 is honest (based on the info provided)

6) Would you consider an early investment of ~$10 to $20 in a project where your main motivation was "entertainment, adventure, education, new friends, or being part of a dramatic story" and some chance of getting wealthy (but money wasn't the main reason at first)
7) If "No" would a much lower price ($2 to $5) make a big difference in your decision?

8 ) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the current alt coin universe, this survey, or anything related?
9) Do you ever consider that a "way above average" answer to #8 might lead to a good career/unexpected opportunity someday? (i.e Sometimes extra effort does get noticed, do you think about that much/ever?)
10) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the info found here? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/miracle-the-private-site-for-people-with-big-dreams-and-exciting-desires-495622

Please, Copy/paste to start

1)
2)
3)

4)
5)

6)
7)

8 )
9)
10)

Thank you for your time.

Quick update 3/9/2014
FYI: If you think this thread is about preparing to launch "great new coins" and we will rush to get the first one out "to raise money for other projects", then you were not paying close attention to the survey.

CoinPayments.net is shutting down (at least for a while)

From their site:
The shutdown will happen in 3 stages:

We will stop accepting new user registrations effective immediately.
    We will stop processing new transactions at 11:59:59 PM EST on March 24, 2014 (transactions already in progress at that time will be completed).
    The website will otherwise remain operational until 11:59:59 PM EST on March 31st, 2014 when it will be shut down.

I was planning to join and they shut the door:
1) Does anyone know of a functional site (up and running w/ a good reputation) that allows people to easily accept a (medium to) long list of alt coins?
2a) Does anyone have a CoinPayments.net account which they are not using, and are willing to give away?
2b) After a quick read of their terms, I didn't see anything against transferring an account to someone else.
2c) This will help with accepting payments (until the 24th) and start paying you for the survey ASAP.

If you have one which you are not using please PM me w/ the login details, thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: