Pages:
Author

Topic: ~$10 USD worth of alt coin compensation for taking a brief survey. - page 4. (Read 4026 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
edit: Thread linked to was deleted since they are cracking down on givaways.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
1) Yes. I have holdings of several altcoins and bitcoin.
2) Jan 2014.
3) Yes.

4) Yes.
5) I combine a mix of A and B.

6) Yes, if the investment is legal in the USA and $20 is nothing so 20 vs 5 wouldn't make any difference to me.
7)

8 ) I think miners need to exercise greater discipline and good their coins rather than insta-dumping. The day-by-day miners who are sweating paying their electricity bill are ruining a lot of promising new coins that aren't mature enough yet to handle all that downward price pressure.
9)  
10)
Activity: 176
Mighty Dub
1) Yes - DOGE, LTC, Dark, some others
2) 04/13
3) Yes
4)Early Mining - a bit
5) B
6) I would consider it
7) Yes
8 ) No
9) Perhaps
10) Nah
Activity: 238
Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins
1)Yes a bit of everything
2)January 2012
3)Yes

4)Yes
5)B.

6)Yes
7)N/A

8 ) Not Really
9) Yes.
10) Not really..
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I'm really quite sane!
1) Yes, I own around 6 different altcoins.
2) I believe it was November of 2013.
3) Yes.

4) No, I always miss the window.
5) B.

6) Yes.
7) N/A

8 ) I hope that what you're planning works out.
9) I wouldn't disagree with that.
10) Doesn't look like my kind of thing, but nothing particular to say about it.
Activity: 203
BTS: merockstar420
1) Yes, but only recently due to my participation in DevToMe
2) June 2012
3) Yes, but not nearly as much as I should, given my adoption date above.

4) No I do not
5) I've never been in that position so I can't really answer that with any certainty. If I had the hardware to mine with, and saw that immediate profits were more from mining the younger coins, I would probably mine those, and use the proceeds to buy the alts I really believe in.

6) Yes, depending on the specifics I might consider such an investment.
7) This would increase my likelihood of investing, yes.

Cool I feel that now is prime time for an alt-coin to potentially usurp Bitcoin if it's ever going to happen. Bitcoin is vulnerable in the public mind from the recent Gox fiasco scenario. Based on all these questions, I'd say that this survey seems related to a new coin that somebody might be planning. Guessing it implements a new mining process (judging from question 5), or might be proof of stake (judging from questions 6 and 7). If it could also implement some kind of killer app (something else gleamed from question 6) it could potentially do really well in this kind of climate.
9) No, I would not think this possible. In fact, I would be incredibly leery that it might be some kind of scam, if I were approached this way. It would also deter me from being interested in the investment from questions 6 and 7, if the person presenting it were trying to link it to a potential career opportunity. It's just a huge red flag. Things that sound too good to be true usually are.
10) Sounds too good to be true, to be honest. I need more convincing.
Activity: 284
Merit: 250

1) Yes.
2) ~ 1/2013
3) No

4) No -- haven't done either
5) Well, with that phrasing, I think I will choose "B"!

6) Again, based on the phrasing -- yes! And who wouldn't?
7)

8 ) This survey is very clever. The end of the easy alt stuff is near and you sense that. You are providing an escape hatch for the fearful, or soon to be.
9) Also very clever. There is now a way to be better and to rightly "deserve".
10) It's almost too over the top, with the picture and words bordering on the purposefully cliché. The feel good rhetoric is also layered on thick. Still, enough of a nod to the libertarians, who are a big portion of alt coin's populations, to attract them, but not too much to repel others. It's all so vague that you appear to be mocking some of the very coins currently in existence. One is not sure if the site is satire or real. 
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
1) FTC, VTC, XCP and a few others
2) March 2013
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) To the moon, of course.

6) Not really.
7) I guess, since I would not really bother about this amount.

8 ) Still not sure why I am taking this survey.
9) No
10) Does not look attractive to me.
Activity: 29
1) Yes. I own about 20-30 different altcoins.
2) I obtained my first bitcoins on November/2013. I'd known about them for about a year before then though.
3) Yes.

4) I keep all of my coins. So I can't tell whether or not I benefit, or if I'll benefit in the future.
5) B of course. As I've said, I keep all of my altcoins. I prefer quality coins over get rich quick coins.

6) For Education/Adventure yes.
7)-

Cool None that I can think of.
9) Not sure.
10) I don't know how I feel about this. If well executed and bitcoins break it more into the mainstream, I can see it being successful.
Activity: 1
1) Yes
2) January 2014
3) I do not.

4) I personally don't.
5) B

6) Probably not.
7) Yes

8 ) I feel like we're in the Wild West sometimes with these coins, it's pretty chaotic and lawless.
9) Eh, it's nice to think so but I'm not sure.
10) Not really.
Activity: 1
Activity: 27
1) Yes I own a bunch
2) February 2014
3) Yes

4) I tried to, but realized that it wasn't worth the time
5) B
6) Possbily, depends on the project
7)

8 ) Coins need to stop being so cookiecutter and develop their own ideas.
9) Yes I do
10) I'm going to go reread it ,because I'm interested

Activity: 13
1) Yes
2) August, 2013
3) Yes
4) No
5) I would prefer b
6) Yes
7) N/A
8 ) Create a coin that serves a purpose, that has a reason to exist. Otherwise it's likely a pump and dump.
9) Anything is possible.
10) I stopped reading the first sentence, felt like a timeshare salesman's pitch.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
1) yes
2) november 2013
3) yes

4) yes. New coins are good if they have some intrinsic value/benefit to the community
5) A - if I want to mine it has to make money for me otherwise what's the point. Having intrinsic value makes it profitable

6) maybe. the entertainment industry at the moment sucks
7) sure

Cool a coin that does encrypted emails or benefit the poor
9) yes - I love to be involved in the altcoin business
10) mm...
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
1) Yes, bitcoin and litecoin
2) BTC in Dec 2013 and LTC in february 2014
3) Yes

6) Yes, that would be great
7) Answer is yes, so this question doesn't imply

8 ) I don't like coins that offer something that BTC/LTC already do.
9) That's definitely possible
10) I need more info
Activity: 3
1) Yes
2) January 2014
3) Yes

4) I have a small mining rig that I point at coin launches if I feel the coin has potential. So yes I do benefit I suppose. 
5) Coin B. For more people to be attracted to bitcoins all these scam coins need to die. Which they will just give it time...

6) Sure I guess $10-20 isn't that much.
7) N/A

8 ) It's a little difficult for the average person to involved with bitcoins so any coin that can streamline the buying process, wallet etc. Make the coin appeal to someone that has no idea about bitcoins. Make it simple, make it secure, and make it work. If someone could do this right I think the coin would have A LOT of potential.
9) Anything can happen
10) Would need more details about it to make a decision
Activity: 84
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
1) Do you currently own any amount of any alt coin?
Yes.

2) ~What month/year did you obtain your first BTC or Alt?
January 2014

3) Do you currently own more than 0.002 BTC?
No

4) (Optional)
The market appears to be flooded with new "copycat" coins. Do you personally benefit from developing/very early mining of these "dump" coins?
Yes.

5) (Optional + This question can be answered by anyone regardless of your answer to #4)
If you had a choice between mining 2 coins that "will go to the moon if they ever get on Cryptsy", or 2 that are uniquely suited to change the way alt coins are created (and hopefully have a real, sustainable uptrend instead of "just a dump"), would you choose "A" (Today's current type of coins, or "B" the kind which gains value based on "quality")?
Note: Many people are seemingly addicted to the current system. Please pause and make sure your answer to #5 is honest (based on the info provided)
B. Altcoins that can actually innovate if they do ever get on crypsty will skyrocket in price anyways, so why not invest in on that is innovative?

6) Would you consider an early investment of ~$10 to $20 in a project where your main motivation was "entertainment, adventure, education, new friends, or being part of a dramatic story" and some chance of getting wealthy (but money wasn't the main reason at first)
If I saw potential in the coin, partially to see it grow but more about the money.

7) If "No" would a much lower price ($2 to $5) make a big difference in your decision?

8 ) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the current alt coin universe, this survey, or anything related?
BTC & LTC taking the lions share, we need other altcoins to take mainstream adoption!

9) Do you ever consider that a "way above average" answer to #8 might lead to a good career/unexpected opportunity someday? (i.e Sometimes extra effort does get noticed, do you think about that much/ever?)
You might be asked to be a financial consultant, which more people will
want as crypto currency becomes more of a mainstream thing.
10) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the info found here? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/miracle-the-private-site-for-people-with-big-dreams-and-exciting-desires-495622
sounds like a good idea, but the concept taking off is another thing.
Activity: 112
1) yes
2) September/2011
3) yes

4) no
5) B

6) No, that's too much
7) Yes, if it's a trustworthy and convincing project

8 ) no
9) no
10) I'd wish it would talk more about pursuing personal intersts and less about making lots of money
Activity: 193
1) Yes
2) December/2013
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) B

6) Yes, more 10 than 20$ and not before it is started.
7) 6=OK

8 ) The alt coin universe is really a very wild place with a lot of stupid people, everywhere. I do not expect much from it
9) No
10) It very obviously looks like a scam so i did not read it more than 15s
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
1) Yes
2) September 2012
3) Yes

4) No
5) B

6) No
7) No

8 )