Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 151. (Read 409662 times)

Activity: 488
Merit: 322
November 19, 2017, 03:45:53 AM
Most profitable right now is bitcoinz, problem is that there is no liquidity in the market so you are unable to sell those 12,500 coins mined every 2.5 mins. LOL
Activity: 302
Merit: 102
Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl
November 19, 2017, 03:00:50 AM
yes) nvidia cards are really more convenient now if your choice is to mine alts
it is more balanced rather amd. but vega is the monster for cryptonight algo!

Nowadays, more and more optimized miners are entering AMD GPU, so I think that soon they will not have any significant difference between NVidea and AMD GPU.
Take, for example, the optimized miner LYRYV2, which is faster than the analogue nvidia

What miner ? Because my AMD still suck big time with Lyra2REv2. The only things I mine with them since last summer is Ethash. I tried CryptoNight  and a few others but always came back to Ethash.
Seriously. Faster than nvidia? It is not true.
If you don't know it doesn't mean it's not true.
So. What's the hashrate on 480 or 580?

for an RX 580: it says 39 MHs / Lyra2rev2 but I only get 28 MHs with mines. Back to Ethash ...

I have not tested on a RX 580, but it does 33-34 mh/s at stock settings on 5 of the 6 Rx 480 8GB that are running it now on one of our rigs.

many different RX 580 and some of them suck big time, like mine...

Are we on the right thread?  Huh Huh Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
November 19, 2017, 12:22:03 AM
So I've been mining zcoin for 2 days now but still only getting about 3/4 projected results

Averaging above 13MH locally on ccminer on the rig

According to whattomine should get above .9 a day. . . . Only getting about .7

I'm in illinois using ccminer connecting to miningpoolhub.com

Dashboard still showing just above hash my local rate usually. . . Still making more than zen but it's close  

Whattomine is only a estimate don't take it for exact.

I get plenty of blocks. . . . and the estimates have been constant for 2 days

I'm way under

Saying calculators doesn't work is stupid. They do obviously . . .

you must be new to mining, welcome.
Whattomine is way off most of the time and not only with variable difficulty coins. Do the math and you will see.

A guy with 1 less Ti than me just posted himself getting more than me on the same exact pool on the same day.

Again people saying that calculators don't work or the math doens't work are idiots

That's only true if yu're looking at BTC/USD value.

They work just fine for normal coin returns unless it jumped to the top of the chart., . . . .

Clearly there is some issue with my set up here.

Stop fucking saying that stupid shit. At least half the time you're wrong

Don't mention whattomine, just say wh****mine or the calc-who-must-not-be-named, or else you will eat a lot of arrows in the forum.  Cheesy
Activity: 51
November 19, 2017, 12:19:02 AM
So I've been mining zcoin for 2 days now but still only getting about 3/4 projected results

Dashboard still showing just above hash my local rate usually. . . Still making more than zen but it's close  

I'm way under

Whattomine is way off most of the time and not only with variable difficulty coins. Do the math and you will see.

A guy with 1 less Ti than me just posted himself getting more than me on the same exact pool on the same day.

Again people saying that calculators don't work or the math doens't work are idiots

They work just fine for normal coin returns unless it jumped to the top of the chart., . . . .

Don't mention whattomine, just say wh****mine or the calc-who-must-not-be-named, or else you will eat a lot of arrows in the forum.  Cheesy
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
November 18, 2017, 08:50:49 PM

I'm way under

Activity: 224
November 18, 2017, 07:50:30 PM

Nowadays, more and more optimized miners are entering AMD GPU, so I think that soon they will not have any significant difference between NVidea and AMD GPU.
Take, for example, the optimized miner LYRYV2, which is faster than the analogue nvidia

What miner ? Because my AMD still suck big time with Lyra2REv2. The only things I mine with them since last summer is Ethash. I tried CryptoNight  and a few others but always came back to Ethash.

for an RX 580: it says 39 MHs / Lyra2rev2 but I only get 28 MHs with mines. Back to Ethash ...

I have not tested on a RX 580, but it does 33-34 mh/s at stock settings on 5 of the 6 Rx 480 8GB that are running it now on one of our rigs.

many different RX 580 and some of them suck big time, like mine...
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
November 18, 2017, 07:44:32 PM

What miner ? Because my AMD still suck big time with Lyra2REv2. The only things I mine with them since last summer is Ethash. I tried CryptoNight  and a few others but always came back to Ethash.

November 18, 2017, 06:43:03 PM
Whats a good miner for Zerocoin?

ccminer Cuda 9 fork bt djm34 (ccminer_cuda9.exe),  

November 18, 2017, 06:39:38 PM

What miner ? Because my AMD still suck big time with Lyra2REv2. The only things I mine with them since last summer is Ethash. I tried CryptoNight  and a few others but always came back to Ethash.

Activity: 658
Merit: 101
November 18, 2017, 04:48:19 PM
Whats a good miner for Zerocoin?
Activity: 954
Merit: 250
November 18, 2017, 03:18:36 PM

=== Speeds (no overclocking)
Radeon Pro Duo: 84.8MHs (42.4 + 42.4)
Fury X: 55MHs
Vega56: 47MHs (can be optimised further, just need some time and incentive)
RX 580: 39MHs
RX 480: 36MHs
R9 390: 32MHs
R9 380X: 26MHs
R9 280X: 26MHs
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
November 18, 2017, 02:53:34 PM
This is probably the miner discussed: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mkxminer-fast-lyra2zlyra2rev2-miner-for-amd-gpu-zcoin-gincoin-vert-mona-2360168
35-39 MH/s for Polaris cards. Close to GTX 1070 hashrate.
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
November 18, 2017, 02:47:59 PM

Activity: 954
November 18, 2017, 02:44:56 PM

Activity: 728
Merit: 106
November 18, 2017, 01:50:28 PM

legendary
November 18, 2017, 12:47:32 PM
why 1080ti i would stop mining for a bit and with thaty money buy whatever you want to mine and trade in it is much more money
Trading is either "much more money", or "much less money", and anything in between, or even "lots of money lost". Smiley GPU mining is a lot safer since you can always just sell the hardware if the market goes down. When you buy coins and they go down, you end up with lots of useless "1-s" and "0-s" on your hard drive. And when an exchange goes down (where you stored your coins as most traders do — think mtgox and plenty of other smaller exchanges) then you end up with nothing. Anyway, this thread is about particular GPU (1080 Ti), so "mining vs trading" discussion is off-topic here.
Activity: 14
November 18, 2017, 12:27:13 PM
why 1080ti i would stop mining for a bit and with thaty money buy whatever you want to mine and trade in it is much more money
legendary
November 18, 2017, 12:26:15 PM
So I just got in 6 NVidia GTX 1080Ti SC Cards. What settings you all recomend for that.  It's night here so I'm going to hit them in the AM.  Thanks in advance. Mining ZEC
For ZEC you'll need to OC both the core and the memory. My EVGA 1080 ti SC cards are stable at ~ 1850-1900 MHz @ 0.875-0.9V for Equihash, memory clock is usually 1450-1475 MHz (that's ~ +375-400 MHz with cuda apps running in P0).
Activity: 420
November 18, 2017, 11:54:10 AM

I think this is the miner you guyz talking about
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mkxminer-fast-lyra2zlyra2rev2-miner-for-amd-gpu-zcoin-gincoin-vert-mona-2360168
but I might be wrong and there is another one, more powerful?
November 18, 2017, 11:47:00 AM

Jump to: