Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 155. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 287
Merit: 100
November 16, 2017, 04:42:40 AM
anyone mining BTG?
Activity: 382
Merit: 251
November 16, 2017, 03:26:06 AM
what`s the best miner for zcash ?

as far as I know it was and it is EBWF

You can try Dstm miner, its more stable than EBWF

Thanks for the info.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
November 16, 2017, 01:00:35 AM

I never had a single crash with ebwf.

I have 3 rigs running it , one with 12 cards and it can run for weeks without problem.

yeah, running super stable for weeks for me too.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
November 15, 2017, 11:45:41 PM
I've been trying to find the correct version of ccminer to mine FTC with my 1080ti sc2.  The closest I've gotten is a version of ccminer-75 that's optimized for the correct algorithm, but says it's only optimized for the maxwell series gpus from nvidia (last gen)

so I'm only getting like 550-600kh/s

I feel like I should be getting more than that shouldn't I?  

It's overclocked core +60mhz/vram +560mhz 120% pt, +12%voltage increase and it's completely stable 24/7 at around 66c, never goes over 69c

thanks!

**found the best miner so far, getting ~1600 KH/s on my 1080ti now on neoscrypt with ccminer tpruvot

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

I think I was using this one for FTC
https://github.com/KlausT/ccminer/releases
Activity: 168
November 15, 2017, 11:04:23 PM
Hey guys mining zcoin on miningpoolhub because of all this good news for it.

But i'm only getting about half my locally reported hash according to the dashboard. And it seems to be a constant problem.

Like right now on my mining rig I have 13.5 MH and on my desktop I've got 2 MH. Yet on teh dashboard it's reporting just under 7 MH

Tried to adjust difficulty using the password section d=xxx. Seemed to have no effect but the difficulty seemed to be OK anyway was just trying to increase share rate.

This a problem i need to solve or just every day shit when mining zcoin?
Reported hashrate on dashboard is pretty much inaccurate at least for the first couple of hours. More accurate method is to observe your "transactions" on the pool menu. Take a period of one hour (not the first hour of mining) and add all the payments you`ve received in that hour. That way you`ll see what did you make in that one hour. Whenever i`ve checked this way, results wer above 90% accurate with whattomine.

Hmmm i've let it run but no change, still barely over half reported

Payouts seem alright so far but that might just be a bit of luck
Activity: 224
November 15, 2017, 10:26:06 PM

I never had a single crash with ebwf.

I have 3 rigs running it , one with 12 cards and it can run for weeks without problem.
Activity: 83
I'm a man of many good opinions
November 15, 2017, 09:54:11 PM
Anybody know this better one?

yes, use this one https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-dstms-zcash-equihash-nvidia-miner-v062-linux-windows-2021765
it gives you around 3-4% more that ewbf  miner
on my cards it gives around 770 sol/s per card, this @ 90 pl, +100 core and  +250 memory

can confirm, using the same miner and card and getting around 785 sol/s, mine's at +60 core/+560 memory

**back to what I was going to update, the switching of pools seems to have solved my rejected shares issue**

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
November 15, 2017, 09:50:42 PM

yes, use this one https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-dstms-zcash-equihash-nvidia-miner-v062-linux-windows-2021765
it gives you around 3-4% more that ewbf  miner
on my cards it gives around 770 sol/s per card, this @ 90 pl, +100 core and  +250 memory
November 15, 2017, 09:35:14 PM
alright so im getting rejected shares now saying: "reject reason: share is above target"

is this a time sync issue?

switched pools to hub.miningpoolhub.com and no rejected shares yet and still maintaining a good hash rate, will update in a few if anything changes!
November 15, 2017, 08:55:16 PM
I've been trying to find the correct version of ccminer to mine FTC with my 1080ti sc2.  The closest I've gotten is a version of ccminer-75 that's optimized for the correct algorithm, but says it's only optimized for the maxwell series gpus from nvidia (last gen)

so I'm only getting like 550-600kh/s

I feel like I should be getting more than that shouldn't I?  

It's overclocked core +60mhz/vram +560mhz 120% pt, +12%voltage increase and it's completely stable 24/7 at around 66c, never goes over 69c

thanks!

**found the best miner so far, getting ~1600 KH/s on my 1080ti now on neoscrypt with ccminer tpruvot

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
November 15, 2017, 06:17:43 PM

search more and you will find a better one

Activity: 216
November 15, 2017, 04:44:09 PM

search more and you will find a better one
Activity: 216
November 15, 2017, 04:40:48 PM

my income have increased so I will disagree with you.

yeah right... 2 acounts, same thief obviously... Pathetic.
you are not smart enough to figure out that by yourself . stay the idiot you are  Grin(and something more : poor)
Activity: 52
November 15, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

But i'm only getting about half my locally reported hash according to the dashboard. And it seems to be a constant problem.

Like right now on my mining rig I have 13.5 MH and on my desktop I've got 2 MH. Yet on teh dashboard it's reporting just under 7 MH

Tried to adjust difficulty using the password section d=xxx. Seemed to have no effect but the difficulty seemed to be OK anyway was just trying to increase share rate.

Which miner do you use?
I had this porblem with ccminer 2.2.2
Miner from official site works much better: http://zcoin.io/guide-on-how-to-mine-zcoin-xzc/
Also play with intensity parameter -i 19 to -i 22

Intensity don't do much, the bottleneck is shared memory
Activity: 52
November 15, 2017, 04:12:58 PM

Activity: 23
November 15, 2017, 03:59:46 PM

Which miner do you use?
I had this porblem with ccminer 2.2.2
Miner from official site works much better: http://zcoin.io/guide-on-how-to-mine-zcoin-xzc/
Also play with intensity parameter -i 19 to -i 22
Activity: 168
November 15, 2017, 03:38:49 PM

Reported hashrate on dashboard is pretty much inaccurate at least for the first couple of hours. More accurate method is to observe your "transactions" on the pool menu. Take a period of one hour (not the first hour of mining) and add all the payments you`ve received in that hour. That way you`ll see what did you make in that one hour. Whenever i`ve checked this way, results wer above 90% accurate with whattomine.

yea the payouts are ok but that might just be good luck. I'll have to wait a bit mroe to see how it all shakes out.  Thanks
November 15, 2017, 03:04:24 PM
You are targeting large mining farms. That is ok, because you have no idea how to find them, apart from marketing on this forum (and probably elsewhere). Well, for small miners that is still expensive, whether you realize it or not...

Believe it or not, I wanted to say thesame thing yesterday.. In another topic. I'm always crawling back and never saying my mind...

This matter has been discussed many times before in many topics. The private miner from sp_ is too expensive for the hobby/small miner, but it has the right price for big mining farms. It's getting _really_ annoying seeing him advertising his "private miner" in several topics.

There are other issues with buying this sp modded miner:

1) For a small number of cards, you could just purchase a used 480, 580 for roughly the same delta in the hash rate and at least have some residual value.

2) Whatever the maximum percentage increase in the hash rate is for this mod, you could NEVER achieve it, because deployment of this mod will also increase the difficulty. Take the extreme case where everyone mining a particular coin has this mod, there is no benefit for anyone except sp_. The more people that use this mod, the longer the time to recover your investment. You can't use the mod's maximum hash delta to calculate ROI, because the hash rate increase is for the situation where there is only one GPU using this mod.

For me that is the scientific explanation for not buying private miners as I am just a small home miner. Maybe farmers can take advantage.
November 15, 2017, 03:02:37 PM

Activity: 312
Merit: 104
November 15, 2017, 02:31:38 PM

Jump to: