Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 157. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
November 15, 2017, 03:07:23 AM
Dont encourage that thief everyone.

A opensource kernel is worth 0 because it is available free for everyone to use and cannot be resold.
You need to optimize/improve the code to have value.
I turn something that is worth 0 to something valuable. This is not stealing, but improving. A good improvement can take 1000 hours of hard work to make.

fcking idiot
i don`t think soo. he has his money, and u have choice to buy or not. as i see - u can google a large choice of sp miners for free.
Activity: 382
Merit: 251
November 15, 2017, 02:25:28 AM
Zencash is still one of the best for 1080ti

What hashrate do you get with 1080Ti for zencash?
Activity: 302
Merit: 102
Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl
November 15, 2017, 12:43:10 AM
so you're basically saying you are doing it for the miners and not for the money...

I want my donators to ROI their investment. A happy miner will return for more. Small miners should buy more cards. Bigger miners should try to improve the perfomance of their rigs. Private kernels is one way to do that..

yes yes,,, we got your answer very clear... no BTC no talk. go buy more rigs to justify the private miner. small rig just have to be self help as I said. lol... Grin Grin Grin

edit: did we understand the word DONATION? with a prefixed amount seems like a loose use of the word donation. lol... forget it, still back to reality.. it the BTC that talk. We just have to look for own ways to get the BTC
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
November 15, 2017, 12:22:13 AM
so you're basically saying you are doing it for the miners and not for the money...

I want my donators to ROI their investment. A happy miner will return for more. Small miners should buy more cards. Bigger miners should try to improve the perfomance of their rigs. Private kernels is one way to do that..
Activity: 302
Merit: 102
Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl
November 14, 2017, 09:04:07 PM
100% true .

A free kernel with a fee is good for me and not for you. All the miners share the same pot of coins. A private kernel is most profitable when it stay private.

Profit for years? maybe you can prove me wrong that small miner (not those big farm) can recover your 0.05BTC which is way over USD300 now. With hobby miner, this is better to get a new card for the additional profit.

I already said many time this is not helping the small miner. Sure you got your "donation" and happy with it. think of those try to learn and thinking your mod can gave them the profit with your data showing the current "profit" and hash rate and forgotten to mentioned we can only see the net increase to get back the cost. not the entire mining profit. lol

still I am requesting your consideration to make it a fee base instead of private miner. I guess this is not helping you for the quick rich, that is why you choose not to implement that way?

Appreciate your talent on programming. Looks like we the 1080ti owner will just continue to self help. For every 0.05BTC spend, we should be able to engage a great programmer to relook at this.

Maybe it is a good idea to pool the fund from all the ti fans here and we can start to use that fund wisely for all the nice private or specially optimised miner. I may start one project of registration for those who are keen soon. lol
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 14, 2017, 07:54:02 PM
Hello everyone!

I come here to request u for some advice. Let me explain a bit. This willbe my second rig (first was built with amd cards in order to mine eth and dcr) and I don't know what to do now, if I should buy again only rx 580 or buy nvidia, because according to this topic, 1080ti is the best mining option...

I've been mining for a while with claymore and ethermine but now I've changed to nicehash pools to be paid in btc.

So I've made some numbers with nicehash and whattomine comparing performing and power draw of rx 580 4gb sapphire vs any 1080ti, and I obtain better results with 5xRX 580 than 2x1080ti and also at a lower price.

Could u explain be why 1080ti is the best mining option actually? I could spend between 2k and 3k on a rig. Best option so?

Thanks in advance!!

I think you misread the title. This thread is about the most optimal mining options for the 1080 ti. It has it's own thread because they are very powerful and very expensive in the GPU mining world. So it is very important that the 1080 ti mining users stay connected on not only the most profitable coins but stable price and not just a short burst that provides no real gain.
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
November 14, 2017, 06:56:44 PM
Hello everyone!

I come here to request u for some advice. Let me explain a bit. This willbe my second rig (first was built with amd cards in order to mine eth and dcr) and I don't know what to do now, if I should buy again only rx 580 or buy nvidia, because according to this topic, 1080ti is the best mining option...

I've been mining for a while with claymore and ethermine but now I've changed to nicehash pools to be paid in btc.

So I've made some numbers with nicehash and whattomine comparing performing and power draw of rx 580 4gb sapphire vs any 1080ti, and I obtain better results with 5xRX 580 than 2x1080ti and also at a lower price.

Could u explain be why 1080ti is the best mining option actually? I could spend between 2k and 3k on a rig. Best option so?

Thanks in advance!!
Because there are shitcoins out there with low diff and nice profit and this is where 1080ti shines because its good in like 90% gpu algos(the best in most)It all depends how much time you are willing to spend to find out about them
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
November 14, 2017, 06:38:37 PM
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance!!

This is for what coin / algo is best to mine on the 1080ti card as I understand it. Not a statement that the 1080ti is the best mining card.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
November 14, 2017, 06:38:37 PM

Thanks in advance!!

If you can find RX 570/580s at decent prices, they are much better investments than the 1080ti. I bought one of the latter to use primarily for gaming, and while it might pay for itself when doubling as mining equipment, the price/performance ratio is very poor.

The Radeons are also more versatile and will deliver comparatively better hashrates relative to their prices, across a wider variety of algos.

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
November 14, 2017, 06:19:55 PM
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance!!
Activity: 216
November 14, 2017, 05:58:11 PM
100% true .

A free kernel with a fee is good for me and not for you. All the miners share the same pot of coins. A private kernel is most profitable when it stay private.
so you're basically saying you are doing it for the miners and not for the money... so hard to believe. you do realize that most of the people can't afford your mods. and you are supporting "big" miners, because farms have their "own" developers . so "litle " ones are f@cked as  usual .
don't get me wrong .  i know how it works and agree with you . pay to earn . keep up the good work .
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 14, 2017, 04:41:31 PM
Zencash is still one of the best for 1080ti
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
November 14, 2017, 04:38:09 PM
100% true .

November 14, 2017, 04:32:38 PM

You would make SOOOO much more money if you just released them for free with a dev fee.  Imagine all the people that would jump on for just a week or so and then move on to something else. Those people will never buy but you could still make profit from them. Makes no sense to me.

Then maybe people would stop calling you a thief and actually respect your work.
100% true .
November 14, 2017, 04:28:20 PM

1- no one would use it because they arent better (they only show fake hashrate but the real numbers arent better)

my income have increased so I will disagree with you.
Activity: 224
November 14, 2017, 03:57:28 PM

A opensource kernel is worth 0 because it is available free for everyone to use and cannot be resold.
I turn something that is worth 0 to something valuable. This is not stealing, but improving. A good improvement can take 1000 hours of hard work to make.

You would make SOOOO much more money if you just released them for free with a dev fee.

1- no one would use it because they arent better (they only show fake hashrate but the real numbers arent better)
2- he probably doesnt have the knowledge to implement this

Activity: 140
November 14, 2017, 01:50:40 PM

You would make SOOOO much more money if you just released them for free with a dev fee.  Imagine all the people that would jump on for just a week or so and then move on to something else. Those people will never buy but you could still make profit from them. Makes no sense to me.

Then maybe people would stop calling you a thief and actually respect your work.
Activity: 120
November 14, 2017, 01:35:55 PM
On a side note have you used these and is there anyway to make sure they are clean and not infected with deadly russian password stealing mini robots?
I have been using this mod for a couple months already. No issues or malware.
Activity: 140
November 14, 2017, 01:13:47 PM
[
try to grab one SP miner, it is avail for free

can you send me the link plz?

search in russian search engine  ya.ru
like bitcore sp2 mod
you will find on the first page

Thx dude, you get a thumbs up.

On a side note have you used these and is there anyway to make sure they are clean and not infected with deadly russian password stealing mini robots?
Activity: 61
November 14, 2017, 12:58:43 PM
what are you mining now peoples ? winter is coming 

DGB. My Aorus 1080ti are getting 1015Mhs. PL 100, CC +200, MC -300 W=240. I've cranked them up recently to mine as much as I can at these low difficulties and prices. I am looking  (hopefully) at higher prices in the next few weeks. We will see.

thanks, i will have a look tonight !

Thanks too, I was looking forward to benchmark like this.
Jump to: