Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 228. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
September 05, 2017, 08:13:39 AM
Ok I finally managed to put my one 1080ti card rig together at the weekend and kicked it off on SniffDog for simplicity while I look for other potential better options. It's only mining skein and nist5 at the mo even though I put a bigger list of algos in the startsniffin file. It didn't seem to benchmark the others for some reason. Anyway I'm in the game now and trying to talk the wife into letting me buy more cards! ;-)

As I only had one card I just plugged it into the mobo. Is this ok? Heat doesn't seem to be a problem as it's running at about 68 degrees. If I want to add another card I use risers? Anyone got a link to where to get them from? My mobo can support 6 x GPUs and the PSU is a 1200W one so good for another card or two.

Thanks

Zpool was down for most of Saturday - which meant any algo that attempted to benchmark against zpool will have benchmarked at 0 because it couldn't connect. It happened to me. I had to delete the benchmark files and run the miner again to benchmark properly when zpool came back online

I had 1080ti above a 980 direct on mobo in a closed case, there was basically no clearance between them, air flow sucked and they both overheated. The ti's are quite fat, should use risers if you have more than one or have at least 2-3cm clearance between cards.
Most i've seen the ti draw was 300w, I bet you can run 4-5 ti's on 1200w psu.

Ideally you want your PSU to only draw around 60-75% of it's power rating. So say around a target of 800w for a 1200w PSU. Normally you'll be pulling around 60-70w before any GPU, so you could probably run 3 Ti's with minimal power restriction fine. But you wouldn't reasonably be able to run 4 in my opinion unless you capped them to about 75% TDP or less.
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
September 05, 2017, 07:06:09 AM
I had 1080ti above a 980 direct on mobo in a closed case, there was basically no clearance between them, air flow sucked and they both overheated. The ti's are quite fat, should use risers if you have more than one or have at least 2-3cm clearance between cards.
Most i've seen the ti draw was 300w, I bet you can run 4-5 ti's on 1200w psu.
Activity: 118
September 05, 2017, 06:59:41 AM
No problem plugged direct in mobo, but i think the gpu should get power from the same psu than your mainboard! If its there is enough place for air/cooling you could plug more than one Wink
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
September 05, 2017, 06:48:32 AM
Ok I finally managed to put my one 1080ti card rig together at the weekend and kicked it off on SniffDog for simplicity while I look for other potential better options. It's only mining skein and nist5 at the mo even though I put a bigger list of algos in the startsniffin file. It didn't seem to benchmark the others for some reason. Anyway I'm in the game now and trying to talk the wife into letting me buy more cards! ;-)

As I only had one card I just plugged it into the mobo. Is this ok? Heat doesn't seem to be a problem as it's running at about 68 degrees. If I want to add another card I use risers? Anyone got a link to where to get them from? My mobo can support 6 x GPUs and the PSU is a 1200W one so good for another card or two.

Thanks
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
September 04, 2017, 08:07:29 PM
Ok, I bought MSI Gtx 1080Ti Seahawk X for 900 bucks, used one, 2 months old, 2 years 10 months warranty left.

It was cheaper then normal GTX 1080Ti that are new in stores. New ones are like 1050$ lolz.

What clocks do you guys use and which intensity? Right now i have 21.0956 intensity, read somewhere that some guy gets good numbers with it. My power limit is 85%, mem clock is -500 and core clock is +125.

I get 52.5 MH/s with this card.

Any suggestions how to boost this numbers? This is my first Ti so i still need to test things. My other 20x GPU-s are Gtx 1070. Now i slowly upgrade my rigs with Ti's.

Also important question, how do i control my Radiator Fan, how do adjust it on % i want?

I have Asus Rog Strix Z270 Gaming F mobo

Cheers!

MSI afterburner app open that then there is a button on it that looks like a gear lever -click on it and then go to "Fan" tab and then adjust the curve according to your preference.

That is already active, but isnt that for fan that's on GPU? There are 2 fans. 1 is on GPU, like regular graphic cards, and 1 is on Radiator for cooling liquid. And that one is attached to Motherboard via small cable. Like CPU fan.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
September 04, 2017, 07:55:04 PM
To all of you who own a 1080ti - can you share your performance mining Vertcoin? Interested in taking a deeper look into it in the future.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 168
September 04, 2017, 07:40:59 PM
Ok, I bought MSI Gtx 1080Ti Seahawk X for 900 bucks, used one, 2 months old, 2 years 10 months warranty left.

It was cheaper then normal GTX 1080Ti that are new in stores. New ones are like 1050$ lolz.

What clocks do you guys use and which intensity? Right now i have 21.0956 intensity, read somewhere that some guy gets good numbers with it. My power limit is 85%, mem clock is -500 and core clock is +125.

Any suggestions how to boost this numbers? This is my first Ti so i still need to test things. My other 20x GPU-s are Gtx 1070. Now i slowly upgrade my rigs with Ti's.

Also important question, how do i control my Radiator Fan, how do adjust it on % i want?

Cheers!

MSI afterburner app open that then there is a button on it that looks like a gear lever -click on it and then go to "Fan" tab and then adjust the curve according to your preference.
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
September 04, 2017, 06:25:27 PM

Cheers!
September 04, 2017, 06:10:04 PM
Ran sniffdog miner for a week. (Give or take 8-9 hours) Made around 0.00413077 BTC - I have 1x1080ti currently. lol this is horrible.

I am not saying the miner is bad or card is useless just saying- just mining whatever is bumped up in sky doesn't mean you are being efficient.

I'm sticking with Mining DGB and ZEC and then switching them when they go up 20-30% -so far with that tactic I've maintained 6-8$ a day.

Also, I rather not compare things into USD because that's a losing game lol

Which pools did you use?

Flypool /nano pool for -ZEC

the blockfactory for DGB -since I just cannot seem to configure Supernova. I'm a noob.
With sniffdog it's automatic- MPH , hasrefinery, zpool
I meant with sniffdog
September 04, 2017, 03:58:45 PM
That was my thought the first time round. But it was only clocked to +200/+200. Previously when clocked too much the cards would just restart, not die completely on afterburner. But hopefully you're right. Thanks for the pointer - I might just run it at stock from now to avoid this if possible.
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
September 04, 2017, 03:03:09 PM
I've been mining SIGT since about block 15k without issue on my 1080 Ti's with various miners. But once I go over to an auto-switching miner such as Nemo's miner or SniffDog miner, I run into an issue with one of my Ti's. Over the weekend I ran my rig on SniffDog without issue until Monday morning I realised one of the cards had stopped running. It was greyed out on Afterburner and just being ignored from the miner, then after a restart it didn't even appear in Afterburner. This has previously happened a couple times before on Nemo's miner.

My thinking is one of the coins it is switching to is triggering my Founder's Edition card to fail and it won't come back until I swap out the USB riser and use a different PCI slot. But then it just happens again. Can anyone suggest what may be triggering this? or is it just a dodgy card?
Too much OC for that card. It can be stable on Sigt, but fail on ... neoscrypt or else
Activity: 75
September 04, 2017, 02:58:04 PM
Ran sniffdog miner for a week. (Give or take 8-9 hours) Made around 0.00413077 BTC - I have 1x1080ti currently. lol this is horrible.

I am not saying the miner is bad or card is useless just saying- just mining whatever is bumped up in sky doesn't mean you are being efficient.

I'm sticking with Mining DGB and ZEC and then switching them when they go up 20-30% -so far with that tactic I've maintained 6-8$ a day.

Which pools did you use?

the blockfactory for DGB -since I just cannot seem to configure Supernova. I'm a noob.

I meant with sniffdog
September 04, 2017, 02:26:47 PM
I've been mining SIGT since about block 15k without issue on my 1080 Ti's with various miners. But once I go over to an auto-switching miner such as Nemo's miner or SniffDog miner, I run into an issue with one of my Ti's. Over the weekend I ran my rig on SniffDog without issue until Monday morning I realised one of the cards had stopped running. It was greyed out on Afterburner and just being ignored from the miner, then after a restart it didn't even appear in Afterburner. This has previously happened a couple times before on Nemo's miner.

My thinking is one of the coins it is switching to is triggering my Founder's Edition card to fail and it won't come back until I swap out the USB riser and use a different PCI slot. But then it just happens again. Can anyone suggest what may be triggering this? or is it just a dodgy card?
Activity: 190
September 04, 2017, 02:12:39 PM
how many magnatum per day do you expect ?

Around 250 / day

Why magnatum?  It doesn't even have an exchange yet.

Speculation. The day it hits an exchange you can make huge profit (or not).
Activity: 700
Merit: 294
September 04, 2017, 02:01:04 PM
how many magnatum per day do you expect ?

Around 250 / day

Why magnatum?  It doesn't even have an exchange yet.
September 04, 2017, 01:48:04 PM
btw how's everyone doing? lol

BTC being raped and so are other currencies. I'm assuming this would wipe out weak hands from the market now.
September 04, 2017, 01:47:17 PM

Which pools did you use?

Activity: 75
September 04, 2017, 09:52:39 AM

Which pools did you use?
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
September 04, 2017, 08:06:10 AM

That's impressive for one card
Activity: 27
Merit: 9
September 04, 2017, 07:48:49 AM
Maybe you had the same problem?:
I`m using sniffdog for last couple of days mining skein and from time to time notice strange decrease in hashrate. This image perfectly illustrates the problem, it has started 4 hours ago and still persists. All this time my sniffdog miner shows straight 4.7Gh/s at 5x 1080 ti, while website only sees 1.3Gh/s.

Can anyone confirm having this too? I only found posts regarding high reject value, but nothing regarding my case.

http://i.piccy.info/i9/085368fc9f045f638ccfe0e9d2b67bc5/1504482479/235452/1176680/5x.jpg
Jump to: