Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 132. (Read 499597 times)

Activity: 447
Merit: 250
us3 seems to have recovered
us3 is having issues....us2 and us seem fine though
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Today i switched from us3 to us2 ... but at the moment i have about 4-5% Rejects [normaly 1%] and  about 2% Stales [normaly 0.7%].
Now i have to point my miners now to the backup pool. Maybe tomorrow the problem is fixed.

cheers

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I can't connect as of 35 minutes ago on US3.

edit: I can connect to US2.  US3 is still down for me.
Same here.. US3 doesn't work, US2 works.
CGMiner Says something like "Long Polling problem.." and something.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Activity: 150
I can't connect as of 35 minutes ago on US3.

edit: I can connect to US2.  US3 is still down for me.
Activity: 271
Thats good to hear man. Good job in finding that and also for your continued efforts on providing a pool that offers so much for its miners. Your service to your miners alone is unmatched anywhere by any other pool operator.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
So, the good news is I found a major sticking point as to why the pool seems to be slow to respond when we find a new block.  I will be re-doing the affected area of the code to hopefully alleviate that soon.  The bad news is... well, there really isn't any.

donator
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
How hard would it be to add a minimum $/BTC value for the paypal auto cashout option?  For example, I'd like to set it to $5/BTC.  If BTC value is $5 or above, auto cashout to paypal as normal, but if it drops lower either cashout as BTC or just don't auto cashout at all- either option would be fine.

This would be a nice option to protect from random dips in the market without forcing the user to use only manual cashouts.

Why pay the PayPal fees? Just auto pay BTC to an exchange and have 1000BTC sell order set at $5. It will sell what comes in if the rate is over $5 and keep it as BTC if it is below.
Activity: 348
How hard would it be to add a minimum $/BTC value for the paypal auto cashout option?  For example, I'd like to set it to $5/BTC.  If BTC value is $5 or above, auto cashout to paypal as normal, but if it drops lower either cashout as BTC or just don't auto cashout at all- either option would be fine.

This would be a nice option to protect from random dips in the market without forcing the user to use only manual cashouts.

legendary
Village.idiot: Are you still having problems?  If so, can you try replacing the hostname with the IP address and see if it resolves your problem?  Trying pinging 208.110.68.115 and see what happens or ping whatever host's IP address directly instead of using the hostname.

EDIT

I just made some DNS changes, let me know if that fixes your problem as well.
Activity: 226
If I were just mining on an internet connection, no surfing, connected to a pool what can I expect my bandwidth usage to be for a month?
Will it change as I add on more mining power?

I cannot give you any specific numbers, but the bandwidth usage is negligible. I am downloading/uploading with full speed pretty often, and it does not affect the miners at all.
Activity: 196
Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician
If I were just mining on an internet connection, no surfing, connected to a pool what can I expect my bandwidth usage to be for a month?
Will it change as I add on more mining power?
@cuz0882
The discussion didn't occur in this thread it occurred in other threads. Here are a couple that helped me.
Power Supply calculations
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/power-supply-calculations-55316
Dual Power Supply
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-dual-psus-work-best-for-you-50059
Activity: 392
I'm new to mining so am looking for a pool. I've read some posts, not about the pool, where your response has enlightened me, PSU's for one. Between you and Death and Taxes I have changed my purchase decisions on PSU's.

Regardless of how lame some of my questions may sound to some people, I am learning, even if just to ask better questions.

Basically I'd like to eliminate anyone from disturbing the stream, anyone that might affect my connection to a pool. I'm going to put a firewall on a dedicated internet connection for the miners, so that my surfing, good or bad habits, doesn't interfere with the mining. I don't trust any thing after the plug in my wall and I only need to trust the destination, the pool I connect to, so I am considering VPN, but that still leaves exit node to pool.

If peeking isn't a threat to the mining data, what could happen to that data between my miners and the pool that I should be concerned about? If someone wanted to be malicious what could they do?

Not sure what your concerned about, miners don't need protection. The only thing someone could do it turn them off or redirect them to another account. If either one of those things happened you would know about it. The only thing worth protecting is your bitcoin wallet, maybe your mtgox account... There would be nothing to gain by messing with someones mining computers.

I missed the psu talk. I always go with 1500watt to reduce power draw. Power cost is not really a concern but I can only draw a limited amount per breaker. I've been under the impression that multiple rails reduces heat on a single rail, but multiple rails are prone to fail more often. Some more then others, I would love to hear if my thoughts on this are correct. Even with a limited option at 1500 watts. Don't really feel like looking though every page.
I'm new to mining so am looking for a pool. I've read some posts, not about the pool, where your response has enlightened me, PSU's for one. Between you and Death and Taxes I have changed my purchase decisions on PSU's.

Regardless of how lame some of my questions may sound to some people, I am learning, even if just to ask better questions.

Basically I'd like to eliminate anyone from disturbing the stream, anyone that might affect my connection to a pool. I'm going to put a firewall on a dedicated internet connection for the miners, so that my surfing, good or bad habits, doesn't interfere with the mining. I don't trust any thing after the plug in my wall and I only need to trust the destination, the pool I connect to, so I am considering VPN, but that still leaves exit node to pool.

If peeking isn't a threat to the mining data, what could happen to that data between my miners and the pool that I should be concerned about? If someone wanted to be malicious what could they do?

Activity: 182
I have closed down the IRC channel. Inaba you can start it up again if you like, you will also have Ops. Remember to start ##Eclipsemc and not #eclipsemc as #xxx names are reserved.
a string of <4 hour blocks would make me really happy Smiley

seems like every time I check the block stats, we have been going for >8 hours....curse this luck
legendary
So then what encryption would be occurring from my miners to your pool?

None, because there is no need.  As I said, any mining data is completely useless to anyone but you.

Other reason's why SSL is bad:
Law Enforcement Appliance Subverts SSL
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/03/packet-forensics/

Again, anyone with the resources can get that data via other means, so SSL's robustness is irrelevant. It could be perfectly unbreakable and the data could be gathered via a keylogger, spyware of many sorts, endpoint data gathering, rubber hose, etc...  When it comes to the government/LEO, SSL is not intended to prevent them from gathering the data, since they have the resources and/or authority to gather it via other means.

Nothing to do with SSL.  This is a problem with a company.

Security Solutions for Beast attack against SSL/TLS Vulnerability
http://thehackernews.com/2011/09/security-solutions-for-beast-attack.html

Looks like a theoretical attack that would require substantial access to a datastream.  

But at any rate, what is it that you want to know with regards to EMC?
Jump to: