Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 191. (Read 499491 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
The estimated is still based on proportional.  I haven't had enough time to figure out a non-server destroying method for calculation estimated rewards based off of the Meni's algorithm in real time.  For this block, the estimated rewards are going to be way off.

I'll see what I can do about that today, hopefully I will have time this afternoon to sit down and get some work in edgewise. Smiley

But payout is calculated on the geometric score when the round ends.
Ah, I was suspecting this may be the case. Then, it's no problem. Wink

Maybe the simplest way to implement the geometric reward algorithm in real time is to keep "S" (sum of user's collected score) everytime we submit a share by incrementing it by r^i, where i is the user's round shares. You're already maintaining the total number of shares "I", so it would be easy to calculate: R=(1-f)*B*S*(r-1)/r^I (taken from Meni's original post).
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
The estimated is still based on proportional.  I haven't had enough time to figure out a non-server destroying method for calculation estimated rewards based off of the Meni's algorithm in real time.  For this block, the estimated rewards are going to be way off.

I'll see what I can do about that today, hopefully I will have time this afternoon to sit down and get some work in edgewise. Smiley

But payout is calculated on the geometric score when the round ends.
I remember Inaba and Meni discussing it further back in the thread but I understand it about as well as a woman understands going to Walmart to buy a specific item and then leaving.  Cheesy
It's ok, we can tolerate it because you're the topic idiot Tongue

BTW, you're probably right, using my round shares (111016) in your calculation gives the estimated reward, so we must be using proportional pay. Sad Or I entered this round too late and the leading contributors have much larger number of shares that makes it look like I'm getting proportional pay.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
I remember Inaba and Meni discussing it further back in the thread but I understand it about as well as a woman understands going to Walmart to buy a specific item and then leaving.  Cheesy
I'm confused. My estimated reward shows 0.8 BTC although according to my calculations it should be around 50 *  2 / 60 = 1.6 BTC.

I know it's not my concern but where are your numbers coming from?

My numbers are 50 (coins per block) / 6514441 (shares for this damned block when I looked) * 37668 (my shares when I looked) = 0.28911153 (my est. reward when I looked)
But that's exactly the calculation for proportional pay? I thought we're using Meni's algorithm that compares exponents of total and your shares. So I was looking in the "ideal" case, by dividing my hashrate to the total hashrate. Because Meni's algorithm uses exponential decay, this is what you should get at the "steady-state". That is, after you contributed long enough. That's why I was asking how long it takes to catch up.
I'm confused. My estimated reward shows 0.8 BTC although according to my calculations it should be around 50 *  2 / 60 = 1.6 BTC. My miners were down because of a crash, but I've been contributing 2.1 GH/s since two days. How long does it take for the algorithm to bring my contribution to its full value? When I was back in Continuum, it wouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Although, I know you guys are using different algorithm f and c parameters. Is there a chance we're back to proportional again?

By the way, thank you "ludicrously long block" for waiting for me to start contributing Wink

I know it's not my concern but where are your numbers coming from?

My numbers are 50 (coins per block) / 6514441 (shares for this damned block when I looked) * 37668 (my shares when I looked) = 0.28911153 (my est. reward when I looked)
I'm confused. My estimated reward shows 0.8 BTC although according to my calculations it should be around 50 *  2 / 60 = 1.6 BTC. My miners were down because of a crash, but I've been contributing 2.1 GH/s since two days. How long does it take for the algorithm to bring my contribution to its full value? When I was back in Continuum, it wouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Although, I know you guys are using different algorithm f and c parameters. Is there a chance we're back to proportional again?

By the way, thank you "ludicrously long block" for waiting for me to start contributing Wink
legendary
We have transitioned from long block to ludicrous block. 

Yeah, I'm not sure why the scale on those graphs are going all the way to 1000.  I will look at that today.
2 things. 

1. This block is taking way too long.
2. I like the new Historical Hash Rate Graph page, but why is the hash rate scale from 0 to 1000 GH/s for the 7 and 30 day graphs?

1. Agreed
2. Looks like something hicuped

And I just noticed 'Proportional Block History' on the Block Stats page
Whatcha got goin' there?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
2 things. 

1. This block is taking way too long.
2. I like the new Historical Hash Rate Graph page, but why is the hash rate scale from 0 to 1000 GH/s for the 7 and 30 day graphs?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Interested to see how much ill get from this block.
Activity: 51
best block ever!

'monkey

If by best you mean worst I would have to agree.
legendary
Lord, even my gaming isn't helping.  Although I haven't had a lot of time to game. 

I added a couple extra cards today, since I got a replacement PSU... allowed me to put a couple more on a machine that was running light.  Maybe that 6970 will be enough to kick it over the top! Smiley
Activity: 40
Time to gather a mob of unwashed villagers and go slay this variance monster!

/Grabs a pitchfork and torch!
Activity: 112
Crazy crazy stuff!! 4days Sad
Activity: 100
best block ever!

'monkey
Activity: 83
I Left and you guys having trouble ;P I'll poke it a little with my "Magic" stick. *Puff* *Puff*
legendary
No kidding.  I am going to try to do some gaming today, maybe that'll clear it up.
This block is a record breaker for EclipseMC.

Somebody SOLVE this puppy!

Edit: Just realized - I was referring to the number of shares and not the number of days
Activity: 51
this is getting silly...
Jump to: