Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 194. (Read 499491 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
They modify their getwork server to report less rejects/stales.  There's no mystery there. I can do the same here if it'll make you feel better, though.  I can, in fact, using their methods, give you 0 rejects.

They have the same reject rate as here, they just don't report it to you, so you will never know if you are having a problem or not and therefore causing a detriment to the pool as a whole.  On an individual level, it's not a big deal, but when you start getting a lot of miners, and if everyone has absolutely no idea if there's a problem, it can add up to a significant drain on the pools true hashing power (vs reported hashing power).  Unless they've done some mathematical gymnastics with stat reporting, their true hashrate is 1.5 - 3.5% lower than their reported hash rate.  That means you are losing out on 1.5 - 3.5% of your potential income vs variance when you make a decision to mine at a given pool.  (That is not to say your overall income is materially affected, only your decision making ability to assess whether one pool is better than another.  Although, if enough people have unreported problems it will also affect your overall income as well.  But you'll never know unless people self report a lower than expected income.)

They bill this as a "feature," and in so far as they pay you on stale shares it is definitely a bonus, but in reality it's basically dishonest math when measured against the accepted standard.  I've not found anywhere that they confirm or deny that they report stats based on stale shares as well.

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Just wanted to tell I tried to change to 100% donation. It only worked with 9.99 >_<

Bye guys! might have a look here when PPS .. right now ABC is pretty sweet! less then 0.5 rejected. Inaba you should check what they do to keep it so low. Here i had about 3~4% Rejected shares.
Activity: 444
Merit: 254
Found the bug... sorry about that.  It should be fixed now.

Working now. Tks.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
legendary
Sure, I will add all those things this week.
Hey Inaba,

When you're not busy someday...

I've been looking at the graphs on occasion.  Nice job, by the way.

I have a request.  Could you put links to the graphs under (or above) the graph displayed so we don't have to go back to "GRAPHS" to see another chart.
Also, I think "Daily Hash Rate Graph" should be called "24 Hour Hash Rate" to go along with "60 Minute Hash Rate".
Can we have one that displays the past week? Maybe 3 or 6 hour increments?
legendary
Found the bug... sorry about that.  It should be fixed now.
legendary
Are you putting your key after the = ?

Inaba, I realised that the JSON API is not returning the worker list. Can you take a look?

For which output?  What URL are you using?

I'm using this:
https://eclipsemc.com/api.php?action=userstats&key=
legendary

Inaba, I realised that the JSON API is not returning the worker list. Can you take a look?

For which output?  What URL are you using?
legendary
Other than fixing the memory leak a few days ago, I haven't made any changes to the getwork servers at the moment, other than to put in some code for the new pooling methods.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Have there been some changes to the getwork server? I've seen a huge reduction in rejected shares  Smiley awesome

EDIT: back to my usual %2.5 now but it was under %1 for a few hours.
Activity: 40
Argh....one of my rig's PSU died 45 min before the block ended...bye bye 50% of hash until tomorrow.
Glad to see you're still here.

It is rather addicting.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
another one.. Why can't I stop.. I know it's no use to do it.

[edit] Thanks for a great site, this pool just isn't for me no more.. bye! GL!

Activity: 51
/poke's block with a bigger stick.
Activity: 40
/poke's block with a stick.
Jump to: