Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 42. (Read 499597 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
say for example I want to get a diff 5 share only how do I configure that in Eclipse as you offer Vardiff
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Hmm... I remember I ran into this same problem in the quick stats a long time ago but I can't remember what caused it specifically...

I made a change to how that is handled, did it fix the problem?  I can't duplicate it on my test accounts on command.

Hard to tell since it seemed to be sporadic.  I'll let you know if I see it again. Smiley

M
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Hmm... I remember I ran into this same problem in the quick stats a long time ago but I can't remember what caused it specifically...

I made a change to how that is handled, did it fix the problem?  I can't duplicate it on my test accounts on command.

legendary
Where are you seeing that?

On the API output.  The website shows a value (less than 1, only 2.5 gh pointed here), the API shows 0.  Always.

Edit: It's there now.  It wasn't when I wrote  the original note..

M

It's doing it again.  The website says:

Code:

The API says:

Code:
"estimated_rewards":0

As of now we're ~16 mins into a block.

Edit: 4mins later, the API is properly showing it..

M
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
http://us1.eclipsemc.com:8337   GW: 774   A: 5726  740 %   Diff1 A: 15477 2000 % R: 14 0.2 %
http://us2.eclipsemc.com:8337   GW: 441   A: 6530 1481 %   Diff1 A: 15659 3551 % R: 20 0.3 %
http://us3.eclipsemc.com:8337   GW: 714   A: 8745 1225 %   Diff1 A: 18080 2532 % R: 42 0.5 %

US2 seems to be the sweet spot for me.
legendary

On the API output.  The website shows a value (less than 1, only 2.5 gh pointed here), the API shows 0.  Always.

Edit: It's there now.  It wasn't when I wrote  the original note..

M
legendary
legendary
Looks like estimated_rewards is always 0:

"estimated_rewards":0

Am I the only one using this?

M
legendary
Hour sixteen says YES... all you other hours:  Piss off!

The pool isn't really unlucky.  Just look at the bottom of the block stats page, we are within 4% of the median for the last 50 blocks, and it swings back and forth within 5% or so most of the time.  It's pretty much exactly where you'd expect it to be over time.
Activity: 140
why is eclipse pool becoming so unlucky?
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
could this 14 hour round end please?Huh thanks Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
EMC tracks difficulty per job, not per user.  So it works on both the getwork and GBT side, so it doesn't matter which protocol you use or when you submit the work, as long as it's not stale, it will accept it if it's under the difficulty for a particular job.  If you're discarding work when you receive new work without submitting it then yes you'd lose shares, but if you submit it even after you get new work, it's likely still valid within the stale window.

Woo - nice.
That's my argument against Stratum at the moment, the fact that difficulty is separated from work.

Now if we could just get GBT to reduce the amount of data that it needs to send to the miner (more than GetWork with roll-n-time), use a better protocol ..., and solve the mystery of ignored transactions; then if Stratum's diff was also fixed we'd have 2 closely competitive options ...
Activity: 150
legendary
EMC tracks difficulty per job, not per user.  So it works on both the getwork and GBT side, so it doesn't matter which protocol you use or when you submit the work, as long as it's not stale, it will accept it if it's under the difficulty for a particular job.  If you're discarding work when you receive new work without submitting it then yes you'd lose shares, but if you submit it even after you get new work, it's likely still valid within the stale window.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Ah, got it... no, it just uses a sliding window.  Is there some drawback to bouncing around?  The work is accepted for old difficulty work, so it doesn't matter if there is a difficulty change, since the difficulty is tied to the work sent out.  You might be currently working on Difficulty 3 and sending back difficulty 2 shares from an older set of work that hasn't been sent back yet.

Not with getwork, but with GBT (and stratum) the work is tied with the block template they get, so if they ask for an updated block template, and are currently working on different difficulty shares, they lose work across diff changes (mainly on diff drop) since internally the pool only has the notion of the current difficulty target expected from the miner unless you go out of your way to add leeway expecting old target diff work for some grace period.
legendary
Ah, got it... no, it just uses a sliding window.  Is there some drawback to bouncing around?  The work is accepted for old difficulty work, so it doesn't matter if there is a difficulty change, since the difficulty is tied to the work sent out.  You might be currently working on Difficulty 3 and sending back difficulty 2 shares from an older set of work that hasn't been sent back yet.

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Well, the sliding window is currently set at 180 seconds, so, if I understand what you're asking, then yes to a limited degree.
No, by hysteresis I mean a different threshold for lowering diff versus raising diff. i.e. if the shares are > 20 per minute to increase diff, but then to only lower diff if they drop to < 10. There will be less bouncing around of diff values that way.
Activity: 604
Merit: 250
Sorry to hear that.. hope they give it back one day. Doesn't seem right at all.

Nope, they are still holding on to my funds.  @#%#@$ Paypal. 

Con - are you seeing what you should be seeing or are you still experiencing a problem?
legendary
Well, the sliding window is currently set at 180 seconds, so, if I understand what you're asking, then yes to a limited degree.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
US1 is currently set to 20 spm over a 180 second test window.  You are connected to US1 and not seeing an adjustment even at almost twice that?

Although... now that I think about it, that makes sense, if you aren't doubling the target then you won't get to 2 very often, since it would bring you in under 20 SPM otherwise, so I think that makes sense.

Ok, wondering whether you used any hysteresis for diff up versus diff down and whether the diff target is a "keep below 20 shares". There's nothing actually wrong here then, just my misinterpretation.
Pages:
Jump to: