Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 38. (Read 499597 times)

legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
Pools seems to be working great, stratum rejects have dropped from ~2% to 0.3 for me.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Sure enough, that was busted.   I just put in some code to fix it, it should return to normal.  @!#$@ Namecoin
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Is the NMC block reward cut in half as well? If not, something is bugged by looking at block stats for NMC.

Thanks for the great pool, as always!
Activity: 198
I'm looking forward to the changes.  However, it appears that at least for the short term, some people are intentionally giving large transaction fees to offset the halving.  So at least for some blocks today (and for unknown low long in the future), the transaction fees are bigger than 10% of the 25BTC.

I'm not sure where you got that information, but there was only two or three blocks around the 210000 mark that had higher than normal fees, otherwise the fees have all been pretty normal.  Todays average is about .33 BTC per block, including the 50 BTC blocks that haven't validated yet.

Yeah sorry for the stoopid sounding noise.  A minute after I clicked POST, I realized my error.
legendary
Is the displayed pps rate correct?

Nope, good catch!  I just fixed it, it should fix itself on the next block solved (which is when the rate gets updated in the Quickstats box).

legendary
I'm looking forward to the changes.  However, it appears that at least for the short term, some people are intentionally giving large transaction fees to offset the halving.  So at least for some blocks today (and for unknown low long in the future), the transaction fees are bigger than 10% of the 25BTC.

I'm not sure where you got that information, but there was only two or three blocks around the 210000 mark that had higher than normal fees, otherwise the fees have all been pretty normal.  Todays average is about .33 BTC per block, including the 50 BTC blocks that haven't validated yet.

Activity: 816
Is the displayed pps rate correct?
Activity: 198
No, not currently.  But you also don't pay any fees to mine here, so you come out WAYYY ahead, as the block fees amount to less than 1%.  So it's effectively a less than 1% fee to mine on EMC, whereas it's 2%, 3% or even more to mine elsewhere on many pools that pay transactions fees.  The transaction fees are one of the reasons I can keep the pool at 0% fee to mine here AND offer all the of the features that EMC has.

EMC is being upgraded as we speak, BTW.  I haven't mentioned it yet, because I don't have anything I want to show just yet, but there's a lot of changes coming in the near-to-mid term future. I think people are going to be surprised and pleased.

vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
EMC is being upgraded as we speak, BTW.  I haven't mentioned it yet, because I don't have anything I want to show just yet, but there's a lot of changes coming in the near-to-mid term future. I think people are going to be surprised and pleased.

Nice.
legendary
No, not currently.  But you also don't pay any fees to mine here, so you come out WAYYY ahead, as the block fees amount to less than 1%.  So it's effectively a less than 1% fee to mine on EMC, whereas it's 2%, 3% or even more to mine elsewhere on many pools that pay transactions fees.  The transaction fees are one of the reasons I can keep the pool at 0% fee to mine here AND offer all the of the features that EMC has.

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
Just a question: does EMC includes TX fees in the miners payments?
Now after the halvening this is more important.
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
Hey Inuba, I like the fact that any txts I get now come from one phone number.

My SMS inbox isn't full of miner alert spam now Smiley
legendary
Ok, US2 is starting to process the backlog of shares now.  Still are going to go a bit crazy for the next bit.
legendary
Ok... found the problem for that... I'm working on it now.  The shares are caching on that server and will be processed as soon as it reconnects with the main DB.  It will probably take about 30 minutes ones that happens and stats will be a bit funky until then.  You can keep mining on it, your stats just won't update until it processes.
donator
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Same issue here. My BFL rig on US2 had switched to the backup pool, when I restarted the miner, it's now on US2 again, but the EMC pool shows 0MH/s for it.

Please look into it!
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Only with Stratum?  Someone is sending malformed Stratum packets to that pool, what version and program are you using?
I am not using Stratum. My cgminer versions are 2.7.0 and 2.8.4, between 4 miners on us2.
legendary
Only with Stratum?  Someone is sending malformed Stratum packets to that pool, what version and program are you using?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I'm still having issues with US2 using stratum. Shares are going to pool, but stats aren't showing it.
legendary
It should be working now.  It had some problems earlier that required it to be brought down unexpectedly. 

I think it's worked out now, but I am monitoring it for the evening to be sure.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
us2 was probably down today, and after it got back up, my miners were able to connect to it, but it was not acknowledging shares of my miners. I realized it after mobile miners screen was showing 0MH/s for my us2 miners and showed them as down (red) even though my miners were still mining on us2.
Pages:
Jump to: