Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 61. (Read 499597 times)

Activity: 344
Merit: 250
I've started to receive 2 copies of the blocked solved alert emails lately -- the exact same email sent at the same time or 1 second apart.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
There's no email address set on your account. There was a bug last night that cleared some of the email addresses when an account was updated.  You try entering your email address and again see if the email is working.  It should be.

I opened a support ticket with regards to your number to see why it's failing.

My SMS not working too, I'm in USA... also my email is missing too.

I suppose pay-out lock will activate again if I put my email back in?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
There's no email address set on your account. There was a bug last night that cleared some of the email addresses when an account was updated.  You try entering your email address and again see if the email is working.  It should be.

I opened a support ticket with regards to your number to see why it's failing.
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
I won't be renaming the server just yet. 

I just made a change a few hours ago to the SMS.  Can you test now and see if it's working?  International SMSs were blocked from the Canadian gateway which I was routing you through.

Nope, no sms, no email.
legendary
I won't be renaming the server just yet. 

I just made a change a few hours ago to the SMS.  Can you test now and see if it's working?  International SMSs were blocked from the Canadian gateway which I was routing you through.
I just finished the DGM testing for vardiff and everything looks spot on there as well.  I'm going to roll out vardiff on to the diff10 server (I guess it won't be diff10 anymore) and then to the rest of the servers if the diff10 server doesn't crash an burn.

are you going to rename the server address? I'm using its ip directly anyway. And the email/sms notification still doesn't work for me.
legendary
I just finished the DGM testing for vardiff and everything looks spot on there as well.  I'm going to roll out vardiff on to the diff10 server (I guess it won't be diff10 anymore) and then to the rest of the servers if the diff10 server doesn't crash an burn.

Pick the pool that has the features you want, the reliability you want, and weight that against the fee it charges.  Unless the pool is cheating you (or their payment system allows for hopping), the Fee vs Features/Stability tradeoff is all that matters for your payout in the long run.

These numbers were for Inaba because he introduced a new feature. I've always used a backup pool but I've never mined anywhere fulltime except deepbit so I'm comparing eclipsemc against it. I hope no one is thinking I'm talking smack about deepbit, I love deepbit.

At the moment, i'm doing well with Inaba's new feature. and that trend continues still.

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Pick the pool that has the features you want, the reliability you want, and weight that against the fee it charges.  Unless the pool is cheating you (or their payment system allows for hopping), the Fee vs Features/Stability tradeoff is all that matters.

Which is a really good point, eleuthria. This is a little OT, but is there any simple way you can think of that would allow for accurate reporting of downtime? Would this have to come from the pools themselves? It would be good to aggregate downtime info in the Mining pools list thread so miners looking for a pool don't have to wade through an entire thread to come to a decision on whether a pool has had long term downtime.

(apologies for the OT, Inaba)

legendary
Activity: 1750
With the variable difficulty server, I'm seeing a huge improvement over deepbit.
Could just be a really lucky TWO days.

I collected some statistics from the 11 days before coming to try Eclipse MC.

11 Day combined Earnings 8.9945 BTC (0.8177 BTC / day)
 - Deepbit (primary pool, 2 workers PROP) - Avg 0.7718 BTC / day

Eclipse Var-Diff 48 hour earnings DGM. (may include name coin income)
22:47  09/05/2012 1.14604199 BTC +32.66% (DB) ---- +28.65% (Overall)
22:16  09/06/2012 1.0352091 BTC +25.45% (DB) ---- +21.01% (Overall) Difficulty increase

Just for the record:  You can't even compare pool earnings over a 30 day comparison.  Luck introduces significantly more variance than you think.  For example:

BTC Guild has 12.08% negative luck during the 1733207 difficulty.  We had positive 10.54% luck during 2440642.  While most 2 week periods aren't quite as extreme, BTC Guild was the 2nd/3rd largest pool for those two periods, and still had variance in the double digits for a ~14 day window [although as PPS, nobody but me saw the effect of that variance].

Pick the pool that has the features you want, the reliability you want, and weight that against the fee it charges.  Unless the pool is cheating you (or their payment system allows for hopping), the Fee vs Features/Stability tradeoff is all that matters for your payout in the long run.
With the variable difficulty server, I'm seeing a huge improvement over deepbit.
Could just be a really lucky TWO days.

11 Day combined Earnings 8.9945 BTC (0.8177 BTC / day)

Eclipse Var-Diff 48 hour earnings DGM. (may include name coin income)
22:47  09/05/2012 1.14604199 BTC +32.66% (DB) ---- +28.65% (Overall)
22:16  09/06/2012 1.0352091 BTC +25.45% (DB) ---- +21.01% (Overall) Difficulty increase

Activity: 476
Is the "Est Reward" on the "Account" page properly accounting for variable diff?

As far as I know it should be working.  Does your My Earning not track with your Estimated Reward?    This is for DGM, correct?  Estimated Reward has trouble with PPS for some reason and I still need to look into why that is.
No, it did not.
You might have read my post before the edit which so stated.

I really don't have more to add other than the prior post.
Other than, yes, it is for DGM.
legendary
Inaba, I had problems with rigs failing unreported, so I moved back to your pool and guess what I've found? Your pool doesn't report miner failures too. Not even an email. Email field on account page is also empty, I've tried to update that, but it keeps being empty. Also so far no sms for any kind of notification. Damn, I don't know which pool to go for Huh not a single pool with notifos  Cry

What time did this happen?  I was working on the email notifications last night and a couple got lost in the process of moving to a faster queueing system. 

They should be working now, though, are they not working for you?

Is the "Est Reward" on the "Account" page properly accounting for variable diff?

As far as I know it should be working.  Does your My Earning not track with your Estimated Reward?    This is for DGM, correct?  Estimated Reward has trouble with PPS for some reason and I still need to look into why that is.
Activity: 476

For me, it seems to be low by just about the ratio of the diffs your feeding me.

I.e., "Est Reward" * diff = estimated reward I'm expecting / have been getting per block.

-- edit

And "my earning" for the completed block was right in the range of my 'typical'.

Looks to me like the "Est Reward" merely isn't updated yet to handle accepted variable diff shares.
donator
Activity: 448
Inaba,

thank you for including Diff10 in the "Top Miners" page.  Grin

Inaba, I had problems with rigs failing unreported, so I moved back to your pool and guess what I've found? Your pool doesn't report miner failures too. Not even an email. Email field on account page is also empty, I've tried to update that, but it keeps being empty. Also so far no sms for any kind of notification. Damn, I don't know which pool to go for Huh not a single pool with notifos  Cry
donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.
With the variable difficulty server, I'm seeing a huge improvement over deepbit, Could just be a really lucky day.

Equipment - 3 MSI R7970 Lightning GPUs in Two Ubuntu machines dedicated to mining (USB thumbdrive setup)
Software - Ubuntu Linux 32bit / cgminer-2.6.5 --queue 2 --gpu-threads 2
Local Speeds - miner1/gpu 0 - 708.3 MH/s ---- miner2/gpu 0 690.5 MH/s ---- miner2/gpu 1 687.7 MH/s
Eclipse Reported Speed - ~2.0GH/s @ ~3.4diff

11 Day combined Earnings 8.9945 BTC (0.8177 BTC / day ---- 0.0341 BTC / hour)
 - BTCGuild (Failover pool, 2 workers PPS) - Total 0.4715 BTC
 - Eclipse MC (Experimenting for a few hours) - Total 0.0331 BTC

Eclipse Var-Diff 24 hour earnings. (may include name coin income)
22:47  09/05/2012 1.14604199 BTC ---- +32.66% (DB) ---- +28.65% (Overall)

If that's all from the same difficulty period, you'd expect ~ 0.871 coins per day. In fees you lose 3% for the deepbit coins and 5% for the BTCGuild coins, so before fees you would have earned ~ 0.873 coins. Pretty close to expected. The Eclipse earnings are 31% greater than expected. This likely variance since it was only over the course of one day and you were using a variable pool difficulty which will increase your variance somewhat. The fact that Eclipse has been quite lucky for the last six or so blocks is likely to have had a much greater influence if you're mining DGM.

legendary
I made some changes earlier today that fixed some rounding errors that resulted in 1diff users getting paid very slightly more than vardiff users.  The amounts were trivial, but would have drifted over time to produce a significant error.  I've been running a new test since then and will let it run over night, but so far the two different users are tracking payment rates almost exactly, so it's looking good.  If you are running a test, you may want to start a new baseline tonight and see what happens over night.  

I am doing the test on PPS, but it should also apply to DGM, though I will re-run the test on DGM once I'm satisfied PPS is tracking properly.

I appreciate the detailed records from people!  I help out a lot!
With the variable difficulty server, I'm seeing a huge improvement over deepbit, Could just be a really lucky day.

Equipment - 3 MSI R7970 Lightning GPUs in Two Ubuntu machines dedicated to mining (USB thumbdrive setup)
Software - Ubuntu Linux 32bit / cgminer-2.6.5 --queue 2 --gpu-threads 2
Local Speeds - miner1/gpu 0 - 708.3 MH/s ---- miner2/gpu 0 690.5 MH/s ---- miner2/gpu 1 687.7 MH/s
Eclipse Reported Speed - ~2.0GH/s @ ~3.4diff

11 Day combined Earnings 8.9945 BTC (0.8177 BTC / day ---- 0.0341 BTC / hour)
 - BTCGuild (Failover pool, 2 workers PPS) - Total 0.4715 BTC
 - Eclipse MC (Experimenting for a few hours) - Total 0.0331 BTC

Eclipse Var-Diff 24 hour earnings. (may include name coin income)
22:47  09/05/2012 1.14604199 BTC ---- +32.66% (DB) ---- +28.65% (Overall)
Activity: 271
Pages:
Jump to: