Author

Topic: [1500 TH] p2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, Hop-Proof pool - page 801. (Read 2591630 times)

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Unlucky block, someone's probably trying to hop. More power to them, that's more shares for me!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
Well... What a hell... More 1.3GHash...    Roll Eyes
legendary
I just add 1.3GHash to P2Pool!

If this works nicely, I'll add more 10 next week...  Cheesy

Plus a quick guide for the community members!  ^^

Cheers!
Thiago
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
legendary
It needs 2 hours to calculate...
legendary
Using newest p2pool and newest cgminer now. Noticed the change with cgminer reporting a lot more shares as being ACCEPTED, which I guess it to check to make sure it's working.
One quirk with p2pool though: the most hashing power I can get out of my cards is 530Mh/s. That's what cgminer is reporting as my average. P2Pool, however, is reporting
Recent:  0.66% >1092MH/s
Why is that? And is this a bug that may be distorting the total p2pool hashing power, if a lot of people are experiencing (reporting) it?
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
2.5 and 11.12 drivers. I need to change the drivers. I should probably check again for p2pool updates too. Which drivers do you recommend, by the way?

Edit: I looked around and the github archives of p2pool have 0.8.1 on top and then 0.8.2 on bottom. I hadn't noticed it until I looked at the release dates.

Still doesn't seem to fix any of my issues though. P2pool used to actually display close to my actual hash rates in the Recent section, but it's reporting 185mhash/sec which is not even close. I'm also barely getting work. I know the difficulty is higher, but I used to average 20-30 shares per day and I've had 8 in the last 24 hours.

I'm looking into drivers now for cgminer performance issues...
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
I finally got my posting rights for the regular forums so I could ask these questions:

1. I'm currently using the latest cgminer and the latest p2pool with bitcoind for mining. As of late I've been having extremely low shares. I have a single 5870 mining at 950/300 and I get a reported 385mhash average. However p2pool.exe is reporting only 200 mhash. I have a feeling that is why my shares are low...

2. Is anyone successfully using poclbm? I get 410mhash at the same settings but all of my shares are being rejected. I know there was a github link for getting poclbm to work, but I can no longer find it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Chance
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
20±20% normally means

What this means is that you should upgrade, because, for a while now, P2Pool's log is like this:

Code:
Pool stales: 9% Own: ~0% (0-78%) Own efficiency: ~110% (24-110%)

The "±" is not used for some time, so you have an oldish version and it's really not worth it to make any assessments based on a not updated version. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
What reject rate does your rpc miner show?

Miner reports: 0.4%  stales (1 in 250)

Are you running NTP (is your clock correct)?

What is NTP? My system clock is correct if that is what you mean.

The big -/+ means you don't really have much data for the estimate.  Those ranges mean that in fact your true stale rate might actually be pretty low.

Would seem obvious but then it should be 0-44%. 20±20% normally means that it is most likely to be 20% but this estimate can be off 20%. I find this pretty odd when the p2pool reports 0 orphans and 0 dead.  (why does it report 20% stales? Based on what measurement?

To summarize: I have no clue what it is supposed to be reporting.

legendary
Watching

Regarding some questions I saw here:

cgminer > guiminer, even if guiminer is already set up, just for the automated overclocking options and temperature monitoring alone

Bitcoin-qt WILL crash if your wallet.dat is encrypted. Use bitcoind instead, or don't encrypt your wallet.dat (if you're using Windows, you can encrypt the wallet file manually by right-clicking on wallet.dat, going to properties, and checking encrypt there. Supposedly this will protect your wallet.dat contents from being stolen, but don't trust me on that)

P2Pool will not connect AT ALL unless your bitcoind is fully loaded AND has the whole blockchain downloaded.

staff
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419
I have consistently higher stales than the pool. Today I mined my HD8650 for 8 hours non-overclocked (so at ~210Mhz instead of ~250Mhz) and that did not improve it any. On average p2pool reports ~16%+-16 while the pool is usually about 8% (today it even reported 23%+-23% !)

Is there anything I can do about this?

What reject rate does your rpc miner show?  Are you running NTP (is your clock correct)?

The big -/+ means you don't really have much data for the estimate.  Those ranges mean that in fact your true stale rate might actually be pretty low.

Because you're a bit behind when you start its usually to get a couple stales right away that makes the number start out poor but then it improves with time.  It's not unusual for me to see stales at 20% shortly after startup but by efficiency is usually at 100% by the next morning or so.  (converges a bit faster if you have more hash power though)
legendary
Just my luck. I double my hashing on p2pool and then dry spell. Argh!

Seriously, a day or two without a block is no big deal. p2pool is running great!
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
Haven't received a payout for two days. Is this just another block drought or is something wrong with my setup?
I'm seeing 156GH/s so I'm not on the split chain.

We found two blocks on the 31st, two blocks on the 1st, and two blocks today. Payouts should be steady.

After that, it has been kind of dry spell  Sad.
legendary
It's not pretty but it's there in the output:

>3025MH/s Shares: 468 (39 orphan, 18 dead) Peers: 14 (4 incoming)
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
I started using P2Pool earlier this week.

IMHO, the best thing P2Pool could do is operate in a manner similar to CGMiner or these other programs that keep a running tally of "shares" or accept/rejects or hash or something.

I know my CGMiner is working because I can look at it and see my hash rate totals on all my video cards. I can visually see it working. It calculates total hash rate and records accepts for me. If P2Pool had a way to calculate how many total hash was being thrown through it, miners would have less of an incentive to keep mining at regular pools. Right now I have to read the forums to understand what is going on.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
For people like me who are beginning with p2pool:

When p2pool is started for the first time, it might look like it is not doing anything. Go to data/bitcoin folder inside the p2pool directory. There are shareX files. If the sizes of all of those files do not change, then p2pool is stuck. Otherwise, it is downloading shares from its peers. Be patient, once the download is complete, mining can continue.

It was very confusing for me at the beginning and I was not able to find any means to check whether shares are being downloaded or p2pool is stuck.. Noone mentioned anything about the shareX files in the forum as well.
legendary
I'll try P2Pool for Bitcoin and Litecoin at the same machine but:

> Last, forward port 9333 through your firewall to the host running p2pool! (Oh, and join #p2pool on freenode!)

Litecoin already listen @ 9333... So as P2Pool...

What is the best workaround?!

Move litecoin to 10333 or P2Pool to 10333, for example?!
Yes. It doesn't matter which one you move. I already had p2pool running so I added:

rpcport=9334
port=9335

to litecoin.conf.
legendary
I don't know from where i got this, so i ask here.

Is p2pool is the pool that supports merged mining of bitcoins, namecoins & litecoins?

Kind of... But...

1- One P2Pool instance for Bitcoin and Namecoin (probably on port 9333) but, Bitcoin @ P2Pool and Namecoin local solo;
2- Another P2Pool instance for Litecoin.

What needs to be done is: implement real P2Pool for Namecoin...

Best!
Thiago
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
I don't know from where i got this, so i ask here.

Is p2pool is the pool that supports merged mining of bitcoins, namecoins & litecoins?
Jump to: