Pages:
Author

Topic: 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM - page 2. (Read 85720 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
October 15, 2013, 12:31:02 AM
Right, just click through, following the biggest transactions. It was only about 10-20 hops iirc.

I quit after 60 hops. Maybe I took a wrong turn at the beginning though.

Seriously, more than a few hops pretty much means nothing. At least not until you run it through some taint analysis, or do fancy networking graphs.

Ente

Likewise.  I'd love to see the actual click through the led from point (a) to point (b).

Here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/silk-road-trail-of-1132989btc-310600

Just FYI, if he decided to go and spend those Bitcoins on something, its very likely that he would have sent them all to one address & its similarly likely that they would remain unspent for extended periods of time. So, DPR likely does have something to do with the address, but saying its his address seems like a bit of a stretch.

Why would he send large quantities of bitcoins to someone elses address? Heck he did not even keep his close family members/friends in the loop. I think DPR trusted no one but himself. But he made his share of stupid mistakes.

What if he just wanted to, you know, buy something? Or just sell the coins for fiat? What do you think, he just let all the money sit there?
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
October 15, 2013, 12:29:52 AM
Right, just click through, following the biggest transactions. It was only about 10-20 hops iirc.

Seriously, more than a few hops pretty much means nothing. At least not until you run it through some taint analysis, or do fancy networking graphs.

Ente

Likewise.  I'd love to see the actual click through the led from point (a) to point (b).

Just FYI, if he decided to go and spend those Bitcoins on something, its very likely that he would have sent them all to one address & its similarly likely that they would remain unspent for extended periods of time. So, DPR likely does have something to do with the address, but saying its his address seems like a bit of a stretch.

Why would he send large quantities of bitcoins to someone elses address? Heck he did not even keep his close family members/friends in the loop. I think DPR trusted no one but himself. But he made his share of stupid mistakes.
October 14, 2013, 10:55:24 PM

Ente

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
October 14, 2013, 03:07:01 PM

Ente

legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
October 12, 2013, 09:50:30 PM

Ente

legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
October 12, 2013, 08:43:49 PM

Ente
legendary
Activity: 826
rippleFanatic
October 12, 2013, 02:10:00 AM
A neco thread was resurrected because it had a post by altoid. So I noticed a BTC address posted by altoid in some php bitcoind code: 1LDNLreKJ6GawBHPgB5yfVLBERi8g3SbQS.

I followed that address to another one, 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a, currently sitting with 111,111 BTC in it.

Can you detail how you navigated from:

1LDNLreKJ6GawBHPgB5yfVLBERi8g3SbQS (Altoid address) to
 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a (balance of 111,111 btc)

If there aren't many links between, that seems to say that 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a is a DPR owned address (unless I'm missing something).

It's still hard to believe he could lack such "street smarts" to post his name, email, and apparently a key public address that SR used on a public forum...

Its not hard to do just click through the transactions and you'll get to it eventually. I found it on accident the first time. But the address 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a (balance of 111,111 btc) is currently the largest wallet in existence and people have speculated about it being DPR's or at least belonging to SR.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Ladder#Top_addresses

Activity: 658
Merit: 504
October 12, 2013, 01:25:50 AM
A neco thread was resurrected because it had a post by altoid. So I noticed a BTC address posted by altoid in some php bitcoind code: 1LDNLreKJ6GawBHPgB5yfVLBERi8g3SbQS.

I followed that address to another one, 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a, currently sitting with 111,111 BTC in it.

If there aren't many links between, that seems to say that 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a is a DPR owned address (unless I'm missing something).

It's still hard to believe he could lack such "street smarts" to post his name, email, and apparently a key public address that SR used on a public forum...

Its not hard to do just click through the transactions and you'll get to it eventually. I found it on accident the first time. But the address 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a (balance of 111,111 btc) is currently the largest wallet in existence and people have speculated about it being DPR's or at least belonging to SR.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Ladder#Top_addresses
legendary
October 12, 2013, 01:05:40 AM

October 11, 2013, 08:41:14 PM
Call me when funds are leaving the address.
legendary
October 11, 2013, 08:32:12 PM
http://blockchain.info/address/1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a

Also some movement on the 111,111 biggest addy - 2 depos added of exactly the same amount with large number of strange digits,

So not DPRs address?  I'm confused.
legendary
rippleFanatic
October 11, 2013, 01:21:55 AM
Looks like a simple click of the mouse reveals that the wallet is tied to the SR seized coins wallet. Check it out!

https://blockchain.info/address/1TarasQyKwPJRuod6qwh7n8BjMHC49ZNY

That is weird, its only like 0.00000667 too. And its in multi-receiver transactions too. Its almost like the stolen coins are a change wallet or something. I don't get it  Huh

That's just one of many people sending small amounts to the seized address, with a message encoded. Its like blockchain graffiti intended for the FBI to read.

Blockchain.info decodes the messages and shows them as a "Public Note:". You see them all when you view the seized address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX
October 11, 2013, 01:15:42 AM
Looks like a simple click of the mouse reveals that the wallet is tied to the SR seized coins wallet. Check it out!

That is weird, its only like 0.00000667 too. And its in multi-receiver transactions too. Its almost like the stolen coins are a change wallet or something. I don't get it  Huh
Activity: 732
Merit: 500
Nosce te Ipsum
October 10, 2013, 11:08:29 PM

Merit: 501
in defi we trust
October 10, 2013, 07:45:08 PM
True. But the initial transfer was for 40k BTC. You don't just drop 40k BTC in a wallet even back in 2011 unless its intended for long term storage or you intend to spend it (Which he didn't). I think this was intended as long term cold storage and as bitcoin increased in value so did this wallet's value
Cold Storage is a very good point.

We also don't know that this is the ONLY wallet, or if he had other investments in BTC (who knows how much he lost in the GLBSE madness) or to (the other) pirate  Roll Eyes.

Sorry, whats the GLBSE?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nefario-115669

topic still active , lol
October 10, 2013, 07:37:16 PM
True. But the initial transfer was for 40k BTC. You don't just drop 40k BTC in a wallet even back in 2011 unless its intended for long term storage or you intend to spend it (Which he didn't). I think this was intended as long term cold storage and as bitcoin increased in value so did this wallet's value

We also don't know that this is the ONLY wallet, or if he had other investments in BTC (who knows how much he lost in the GLBSE madness) or to (the other) pirate  Roll Eyes.

Sorry, whats the GLBSE?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
October 10, 2013, 05:55:07 PM

October 08, 2013, 12:47:18 PM

Yes I came to that one as well. The number makes sense and so does the time stamp on the first transaction (Summer 2011). People saying he had 600k aren't considering running costs and personal expenses. 111k is much more reasonable and still a considerable hoarde

But that one stops getting real deposits Nov 15th, 2012.

There is more out there I would say 250-400k coins.

October 08, 2013, 12:25:37 PM

Yes I came to that one as well. The number makes sense and so does the time stamp on the first transaction (Summer 2011). People saying he had 600k aren't considering running costs and personal expenses. 111k is much more reasonable and still a considerable hoarde
legendary
rippleFanatic
October 08, 2013, 12:20:27 PM

Pages:
Jump to: