Pages:
Author

Topic: [2014-02-06] Now official: using Bitcoins is completely illegal in Russia (Read 10886 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
They worry about that as they could be tied to gangs involved in money laundering and terrorist financing.

Please stop bumping old topics it is against the rules besides i read few times ago that Russia may change its policy against bitcoin...

Exactly stop bumping this bullshit , ANYTHING except rubble is ILLIGAL this also goes for euro , Dollar and Yuan!
this is the case since 1917 Stalin!
so please stop this bullshit because it has noting to do with Bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
They worry about that as they could be tied to gangs involved in money laundering and terrorist financing.

Please stop bumping old topics it is against the rules besides i read few times ago that Russia may change its policy against bitcoin...
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Bumping an over two year old topic
 Huh
Activity: 88
Meanwhile Bitcoin is an independent currency which is not regulated by a government ,and therefore “carries a high risk in devaluation.”
Activity: 88
Activity: 101
Although it is illegal to use Bitcoin I am sure people will continue to use it but it just would be more difficult
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Russia Says Bitcoin Should Be Avoided

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/07/russia-bans-bitcoin/

Poland says Bitcoin is THE CHOSEN ONE!

Cheesy

God damn, why thing cant just go easy ....
problems everywhere ... only problems Wink

I am waiting to see a briiiight light again! Smiley

He-he. If Russia said that the sky is blue, Poland would immediately decry it as a lie and state with full authority that the sky is green. They would also send a political emissary to god to demand that it should follow the new EU-directive on green-sky. Nothing new there.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Russia Says Bitcoin Should Be Avoided

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/07/russia-bans-bitcoin/

Poland says Bitcoin is THE CHOSEN ONE!

Cheesy

God damn, why thing cant just go easy ....
problems everywhere ... only problems Wink

I am waiting to see a briiiight light again! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
So Russians can't use paypal, USD, EUR, CC's, Crypto-coins, e-gold, WOW-gold, IMVU-credits, Lindens or facebook-coins...

Isn't BTCe operating out of Russia...

They said they can't be used as "currency replacement", not "assets".

Crypto-coins (despite the term "coins"), are not intended to replace currency. They depend on currency, like any other asset. I think they are trying to say that "they do not have to be accepted to pay debts", which is what a currency is for. "legal tender, which MUST be accepted for payments". As an asset, it is optionally acceptable for you to use. However, since it is not "legal tender" or "currency", you would still have to "make tax payments in currency", not "bitcoins". Just as you can't pay "Credit" as a tax payment. You have to pay the "currency they accept, or a currency acceptable substitute". For them, there is no substitute except the denomination they control. (Unlike in the USA, you can pay in EURO, however, it could still be refused. Bitcoins however, would never be accepted, at the moment, for government payment... except when they want to take them from you, to cash-in for themselves. Then, all of a sudden, it is OK to use them, for them.)

I am not translating Russian law, I am just assuming, as an American, that they did like every other place, and simply identified crypto-coins as "non-currency". To cover their asses, unless something changes, and they decide it is good to use it, even if only to keep Russian funds within their own country. Which is a task that banks can't seem to manage.
btc-e is NOT operating from russia , so it does not care about russia.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
So Russians can't use paypal, USD, EUR, CC's, Crypto-coins, e-gold, WOW-gold, IMVU-credits, Lindens or facebook-coins...

Isn't BTCe operating out of Russia...

They said they can't be used as "currency replacement", not "assets".

Crypto-coins (despite the term "coins"), are not intended to replace currency. They depend on currency, like any other asset. I think they are trying to say that "they do not have to be accepted to pay debts", which is what a currency is for. "legal tender, which MUST be accepted for payments". As an asset, it is optionally acceptable for you to use. However, since it is not "legal tender" or "currency", you would still have to "make tax payments in currency", not "bitcoins". Just as you can't pay "Credit" as a tax payment. You have to pay the "currency they accept, or a currency acceptable substitute". For them, there is no substitute except the denomination they control. (Unlike in the USA, you can pay in EURO, however, it could still be refused. Bitcoins however, would never be accepted, at the moment, for government payment... except when they want to take them from you, to cash-in for themselves. Then, all of a sudden, it is OK to use them, for them.)

I am not translating Russian law, I am just assuming, as an American, that they did like every other place, and simply identified crypto-coins as "non-currency". To cover their asses, unless something changes, and they decide it is good to use it, even if only to keep Russian funds within their own country. Which is a task that banks can't seem to manage.
Activity: 101
Despite the fact that "Russia is Russia" I think there would be a day when they will also accept bitcoin but it will happen only after it is legalized in every other developed and developing country as Russia usually copy other world's actions.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
exchange between foreign currency and rubles is not a problem. There are multiple bank exchange offices everywhere in Russia
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Great!  Everything is going according to plan  Grin

My thoughts exactly, let the most power hungry totalitarian states ban it, then the west will end up playing the "we don't want to ban bitcoin, only repressive regimes like China or Russia do that" political card, which will almost certainly boost widespread support in all the countries that have not banned it. Besides, how will russia deal with the situation the FBI was in recently when the silk road went down, a massive heap of wallets full of bitcoins. They will most likely end up selling them, they would not throw millions away.
Activity: 8
Something illegal in Russia, than I'm sure nobody will use it there. Tongue

Lol, who cares about gouverment decision. Im sure that everty btc holders will continue to hold it even after the gouverment will make crypto illegal.
Activity: 224
Crypto Enthusiast, BD
But Russia will have to adopt BTC soon. Study the December China crash....what was there?? Same thing happen to Russia soon.
Activity: 70
Something illegal in Russia, than I'm sure nobody will use it there. Tongue
Activity: 182
This is kind of off topic, but how in the hell did Russia get approved for the Olympics with how bad of condition all the places are for the participants to stay?  Have you guys seen it on TV?  In United States there is some idiot Senator saying how it is super probable that something will be "detonated" near the Olympic games.   Talk about FUD
Cause your noob goverment didn't want to spend money on Olympic games in crisis time, but Russia is much more rich and generous.
Activity: 8
This is kind of off topic, but how in the hell did Russia get approved for the Olympics with how bad of condition all the places are for the participants to stay?  Have you guys seen it on TV?  In United States there is some idiot Senator saying how it is super probable that something will be "detonated" near the Olympic games.   Talk about FUD

Well, I didnt go to Olimpics and none of my friends did, so all the info i have is the info from tv and internet (and it could be not true). Guys on tv shows only good conditions. I saw some things in the internet like broken door-handles (but after some guy found out that it there was a guy who broke about 10-20 handles and photographed it), rusty water (but after i found same image that was publiced in 2010), awkward toilets and so on.

Btw it doesnt seems too bad. Olympics in Sochyon a quite good level so relax)
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
This is kind of off topic, but how in the hell did Russia get approved for the Olympics with how bad of condition all the places are for the participants to stay?  Have you guys seen it on TV?  In United States there is some idiot Senator saying how it is super probable that something will be "detonated" near the Olympic games.   Talk about FUD
Activity: 99
So technically, it is illegal now for russians to buy and sell bitcoins?
Pages:
Jump to: