Author

Topic: 2016, The Year of Bitcoin? - page 111. (Read 169249 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 28, 2015, 06:16:59 AM
we can only hope it happen in the next year, I believe this technology will arrive back in its heyday  Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
September 28, 2015, 05:36:37 AM
well you guys have also told previous year that 2015 will be the year of bitcoin but suddenly the prce dropped from 500$ to 200$ and we are still using it..now I hope the price will go upward again
Seriously, the optimism is great and all but let's be real, nobody really knows what's going to happen.

Totally agree.We all hope that each new day, each new week, month and each new year will be something special for Bitcoin. But what really will happen no one can predict. Being positive about Bitcoin however is the reason because we all here believe in that technology.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
September 28, 2015, 02:43:41 AM
I heard thay in he 2014 too they said that 2015 will be the year of bitcoin and many users also predicted that biycpin will rise upto 500usd in this year but it did the opposite

2015 isn't ended yet, who know what surprise it may unveil, remember that the 1200 peak was reached in 1-two weeks, and started late in november

everything is still possible, a spike to 1k is certainly possible even now that only 3 months are left
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
September 28, 2015, 01:52:29 AM
well you guys have also told previous year that 2015 will be the year of bitcoin but suddenly the prce dropped from 500$ to 200$ and we are still using it..now I hope the price will go upward again
Seriously, the optimism is great and all but let's be real, nobody really knows what's going to happen.

Finally, someone who think and argues. How is possible to be known what it will be in 2016, in 2017 or 2230? There must be millions of things that can happen and that can have impact on the price of bitcoin. No one can know any of this events. So it's impossible know something. Doing predictions only with a few words only because the night before is seen a beautiful wonder isn't serious and for more have absolutely no basis.
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
September 27, 2015, 05:36:59 PM
Activity: 490
September 27, 2015, 05:32:49 PM
I think that the block halving event might be interesting for 2016. I really would like to see how the block halving will affect mining operators and bitcoin price.

My prediction: Price will increase in the 3-6 months prior to the halving...

and will then drop some and level off at a higher level than today.

The bitcoin price will definitely increase around the halving period. Either before or after the halving, but it will be interesting to analyze the movements around that time.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 27, 2015, 04:31:25 PM
I think that the block halving event might be interesting for 2016. I really would like to see how the block halving will affect mining operators and bitcoin price.

My prediction: Price will increase in the 3-6 months prior to the halving...

and will then drop some and level off at a higher level than today.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 27, 2015, 04:30:34 PM
The bear market has lasted long enough. I predict 2016 is the year where bitcoin finally breaks through, both in price and in mainstream adoption.

The fork issue is a distraction. It won't kill bitcoin. The majority will eventually choose what fork they want to use, whether it is the original, or XT, or some third option.

I see the fork issue as silly infighting which only hurts bitcoin. I want bitcoin to succeed, that's what I care about, not what version of BTC I use. I will go with the majority, whichever fork is chosen.

I think you could be right.  The reason is that I think major central bank currencies could go through a major crisis over the next 2 years and people will look to preserve their wealth in other ways.  They will want gold, silver, things like this, but also some will gravitate toward bitcoin.  More adoption means more supply.

This prediction is maximally interesting (even it is fatalist and this kind of things happen very rarely or never). I am curious to know the facts that made you to write this sentence. Could you please show me the resources when are you based to write this? Are rare events which have to do with our and our's family everyday life and deserve very attention. Thanks!  Wink

Agreed. If there is a financial collapse bitcoin will benefit from it.

But I still see bitcoin's fungibility problem as glaring along with the current war on cash going on globally.

Bitpay just announced they are blacklisting certain bitcoin addresses to allow payment from.
September 27, 2015, 04:28:24 PM
Activity: 336
September 27, 2015, 03:57:28 PM
I heard thay in he 2014 too they said that 2015 will be the year of bitcoin and many users also predicted that biycpin will rise upto 500usd in this year but it did the opposite
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
September 27, 2015, 09:26:02 AM
I am not sure how do we define "year of Bitcoin". Is it the price increase or the increase in use by mainstream merchant/comsumers, or both?

However, I think 2016 will be an important year with the predicted reward halving, as not many people witnessed the previous reward-halving.
legendary
Activity: 896
September 27, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
This is just speculation and wishful thinking. I think we all wish that bitcoin is widely accepted and gains more value over time. Maybe 2016 will be the beginning of the future of bitcoin, where it goes from there we´ll have to wait and see.

well, all of these are speculation but i don't think that it is wishful thinking because bitcoin price could actually stay up at the same level (~$220) for a long time now and also the block halving is on the way in the year 2016 which would make the market very interesting by that time.

the price have been quite stable at the $220 level, but i do hope we can maintain that strength also at levels above $300. the halving will definitely help as rewards will decrease with 50%.
legendary
Activity: 1134
September 27, 2015, 08:25:10 AM
The bear market has lasted long enough. I predict 2016 is the year where bitcoin finally breaks through, both in price and in mainstream adoption.

The fork issue is a distraction. It won't kill bitcoin. The majority will eventually choose what fork they want to use, whether it is the original, or XT, or some third option.

I see the fork issue as silly infighting which only hurts bitcoin. I want bitcoin to succeed, that's what I care about, not what version of BTC I use. I will go with the majority, whichever fork is chosen.

I think you could be right.  The reason is that I think major central bank currencies could go through a major crisis over the next 2 years and people will look to preserve their wealth in other ways.  They will want gold, silver, things like this, but also some will gravitate toward bitcoin.  More adoption means more supply.

This prediction is maximally interesting (even it is fatalist and this kind of things happen very rarely or never). I am curious to know the facts that made you to write this sentence. Could you please show me the resources when are you based to write this? Are rare events which have to do with our and our's family everyday life and deserve very attention. Thanks!  Wink
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
September 27, 2015, 06:47:00 AM

Activity: 462
I can draw your avatar!
September 25, 2015, 09:39:43 AM
Who can tell, nobody knows for sure, it is like declaring the year of linux desktop, which is postponed every year by a year.. It is about keeping up the hope and good faith in the technology.. but it is still a gues.

It will be the year of Bitcoin if I can buy a beer in my favourite bar here in town and since no one else is trying I will have to do the efforts myself Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 25, 2015, 08:49:49 AM
I hope 2016 will be the year of Bitcoin, just like 2013. This block halving will be the second time in Bitcoin history, which I hope help the price increase. Market needs more customers, if we bring more people to Bitcoin scene I'm sure it'll help a lot. 250$ is boring, we need 1000$ coins again!

I agree with you, buddy! That's why I'm holding most of my BTC for the next increase in price. When it reaches $1000, I'll be a bitcoinaire!  Grin
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
September 24, 2015, 10:12:41 PM
Right. Go Bitcoin 2016!
Merit: 500
September 24, 2015, 08:20:36 PM
I hope 2016 will be the year of Bitcoin, just like 2013. This block halving will be the second time in Bitcoin history, which I hope help the price increase. Market needs more customers, if we bring more people to Bitcoin scene I'm sure it'll help a lot. 250$ is boring, we need 1000$ coins again!
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
September 24, 2015, 06:46:17 PM
Nothing will change as soon as mining keeps running and the bitcoin mining time doenst ends,then maybe the demand and supply will start to work the same way as works with gold silver oil others markets.2016 will be another year of financial problems from all countries and maybe some new investors into bitcoin,if an improvement or if it gets regulated maybe it can grow.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 24, 2015, 05:31:33 PM
This is just speculation and wishful thinking. I think we all wish that bitcoin is widely accepted and gains more value over time. Maybe 2016 will be the beginning of the future of bitcoin, where it goes from there we´ll have to wait and see.
Jump to: