Author

Topic: 2016, The Year of Bitcoin? - page 115. (Read 169249 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
August 26, 2015, 05:10:28 PM
The bear market has lasted long enough. I predict 2016 is the year where bitcoin finally breaks through, both in price and in mainstream adoption.

The fork issue is a distraction. It won't kill bitcoin. The majority will eventually choose what fork they want to use, whether it is the original, or XT, or some third option.

I see the fork issue as silly infighting which only hurts bitcoin. I want bitcoin to succeed, that's what I care about, not what version of BTC I use. I will go with the majority, whichever fork is chosen.

It 's easy to predict without any arguments  Smiley
What make you think Bitcoin is about to go mainstream? Amazon accepting BTC in 2016?

Well yes, Amazon i have a feeling that will accept btc, on that way bitcoin price will change a lot. It should and the Ebay integrate the bitcoin as a payment method. In this way while big e-commerce companies include this payment method the price of bitcoin will increase and people will be more interested to invest in bitcoin.

Call me pessimistic, but I seriously doubt anything like Amazon or Ebay adopting Bitcoin would take place next year. There is currently no benefit for merchants to accept Bitcoin, and there is even proof to suggest that Bitcoin acceptance hurts sales (I believe Firefox is the one that made the study).

Anyways, we are a long ways away from mass adoption. Price fluctuation in 2016? I would be upset if it didn't, with the halving and all. However, I don't think that is enough to boost Bitcoin into the mainstream.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
August 26, 2015, 05:07:16 PM
Every since the high in 2013 it have been like this:

Just wait until 2014, bitcoin will be $1,000 + again.

Just wait until 2015, bitcoin will be $1,000 + again.

Just wait until 2016, bitcoin will be $1,000 + again.

I hope you are right, but it is humorous if you step back and look at the larger picture: if my predictions do not come true this year, maybe next!

I think that the same thing will happen with bitcoin and in 2016 like the last year that you stated. Maybe it should took more than 5+ years to reach $1,000

I don't need a 1,000 USD per bitcoin, but I would like to see this bear market come to an end already.. I guess with the massive fluctuations from last months, we may get in to a ride again Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
August 26, 2015, 05:04:45 PM

I hope you are right, but it is humorous if you step back and look at the larger picture: if my predictions do not come true this year, maybe next!

I think that the same thing will happen with bitcoin and in 2016 like the last year that you stated. Maybe it should took more than 5+ years to reach $1,000
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
August 26, 2015, 04:17:17 PM

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
August 26, 2015, 03:47:30 PM
I will not be too optimistic for 2016 given the facts that most banks are working on their own versions of the Blockchain. I predict a major release of several "private"

Blockchain's within the next year. The global stock markets are also going downwards very quickly and the chances of the Chinese situation improving seems slim.

Japan would announce their Crypto currency regulations soon.... and I predict another "BitLicence" type regulation for them, after the MtGox fiasco, and this will make

mass adoption very hard. The halving will boost it a little bit, but I doubt if the price will increase to levels higher than $400. Oh.... Gemini will also boost it a bit.  Wink 
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
August 26, 2015, 03:20:09 PM
Well it all points in that direction, that the year 2016 will really be the year of the Bitcoin. Block size debate should be over, this bear market is very long and it has to end sooner or later, and we have that mythical halving that everybody are expecting. So if there will not be any unforseen circumstances, it all points the year 2016 might be the Bitcoin year. Lets hope so!
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
August 26, 2015, 03:14:36 PM
The bear market has lasted long enough. I predict 2016 is the year where bitcoin finally breaks through, both in price and in mainstream adoption.

The fork issue is a distraction. It won't kill bitcoin. The majority will eventually choose what fork they want to use, whether it is the original, or XT, or some third option.

I see the fork issue as silly infighting which only hurts bitcoin. I want bitcoin to succeed, that's what I care about, not what version of BTC I use. I will go with the majority, whichever fork is chosen.

Although almost everyone in the forum wants this, Bitcoin XT is going to be a trial by fire for Bitcoin.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
August 26, 2015, 03:06:49 PM
I hope that 2016 will bring more reliable infrastructure-level improvements and less scam companies. Then I would call it a good year.
legendary
August 26, 2015, 03:00:01 PM
There are various things currently affecting Bitcoin's price and future. One of them is Bitcoin XT which has caused controversies among other Bitcoin users from Bitcoin Core and another thing is the Ethereum hype. People think that ETH is the next big thing. The year of Bitcoin would be such where lots of investors join in (including companies/businesses) When we see that, then Bitcoin would become mainstream. Just my opinion  Roll Eyes

The more coin are invented the more people will lose their interest in bitcoin, maybe i am wrong but people invest in other coins and since they are holding them, btc price drops.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 26, 2015, 01:42:48 PM
There are various things currently affecting Bitcoin's price and future. One of them is Bitcoin XT which has caused controversies among other Bitcoin users from Bitcoin Core and another thing is the Ethereum hype. People think that ETH is the next big thing. The year of Bitcoin would be such where lots of investors join in (including companies/businesses) When we see that, then Bitcoin would become mainstream. Just my opinion  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
August 26, 2015, 12:56:35 PM

there is "no year where bitcoin finally breaks through" because it is a development over years. but we will see alot booms and busts in the future.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
August 26, 2015, 12:26:10 PM
i think the economic crisis will bring bitcoin in the light ...and more people will be interested of btc...i think btc have a bright future
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 26, 2015, 12:23:04 PM
bitcoin is enough known among the public in 2015
2016 I hope bitcoin already be in use by the world community  Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 26, 2015, 12:21:24 PM
Chinese markets have been crashing and now it seems US markets will too. Never a better time (unless it's 2009) to buy crypto currencies. Silver is also likely to do really well. Few factor in that silver is used for photovoltaics and that since the cost per watt of energy produced from solar gets cut in half about every two years and this is a trend that has been going on for more than a decade it's somewhat similar to moor's law, Silver will do very well. Solar panels will continue exponential growth and so then will demand for silver for panels. If you don't have a lot of money Bitcoins may be the way to go, if you have more mix in some silver as well perhaps.
legendary
August 26, 2015, 12:16:29 PM

It 's easy to predict without any arguments  Smiley
What make you think Bitcoin is about to go mainstream? Amazon accepting BTC in 2016?

Well yes, Amazon i have a feeling that will accept btc, on that way bitcoin price will change a lot. It should and the Ebay integrate the bitcoin as a payment method. In this way while big e-commerce companies include this payment method the price of bitcoin will increase and people will be more interested to invest in bitcoin.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
August 26, 2015, 12:16:16 PM
I totally agree with you, I want bitcoin to succeed. And I am also looking forward for 2016.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
August 26, 2015, 12:15:45 PM
Hope so. I want to see again the $1000 price and hoping btc xt will gone forever coz it really hurts the price.
i hope i can sell to 1000$ too
i start earning bitcoin  at price 500$

now im save some of my earning for future

What if the rise this time doesn't stop at 1000 and it doubles the ATH and you miss on another 1000 of gains? I don't understand this mentality of selling at round numbers. Sure most likely we will see a correction at 1000, but once we get past 1000 again the psychological barrier is broken twice and then there's no limit, we are in known territory and people will freak out in panic buying frenzy. You are all advised.

Actually I wanted to write the same. Everytime when I read things like that it shows me how many people are here just for the quick buck. I hope when we ever see that old ATH again that the people who sell at this level will bite in their own asses when the price continues climbing and might just make a small break at 1500 or so.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
August 26, 2015, 12:09:57 PM

It 's easy to predict without any arguments  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
August 26, 2015, 12:08:33 PM
We aren't done and dusted with 2016 yet.  Wink

But yes, I do believe 2016 will be good for Bitcoin. The block reward halving is just one of the reasons. All the other asset classes seem to be going down hard in this bear market. If it is a deep routed crisis, Bitcoin will shine through in 2016.
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
August 26, 2015, 12:06:37 PM
The current financial system is one sick puppy everywhere you look.

The fundamentals are starting to show through all the smokescreens put up by the various central banks. The central banks are losing control and country after country is entering the 'currency wars' by devaluing their currencies in order to try and remain competitive and to stimulate growth in their economies.

We are already seeing the first wheels coming off the present system. Sure there will be some 'rescue plans' in the months to come but that is just patching over holes and or kicking the can down the road. The big reset is coming and I personally believe it will start to gather momentum during the first half of 2016.

If this is the case I think we will see many moving into bitcoin so yes, 2016 could well be the year for bitcoin.
Jump to: