Pages:
Author

Topic: 2018 the year of correction? - page 10. (Read 18094 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 103
November 21, 2018, 04:36:39 PM
I agree with what you say, this year is a correction year for bitcoin. I hope that in 2019 the price of bitcoin can recover and be able to attract many investors to invest.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
November 21, 2018, 04:19:29 PM
Are you invariably telling us to take the correction of prices as the sole reason for the persistent price slumps throughout the year so far? I think we should at least have a little step up in the prices. The current price situation is too low for the market.
I agree that the price that we are seeing in the market of cryptocurrencies is too low but you need to remember that the markets are not rational and that we are currently seeing people panicking and selling their coins because they think this is the end and that bitcoin is not going to recover, and they are doing this even if deep down they know that cannot be the case.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
November 20, 2018, 09:45:14 PM
Will this really be this fast after the fall? Will the balloon still explode, or will it fly away?

what balloon are talking about ? Do you still think that bitcoin is a huge scam ? No sorry but its not .   this year is only the correction year for btc but it doesnt mean that it cannot rise or recover anymore . many peeps will still find it as a good oppurtunity to purchase more bitcoins because btc is really the future of money .

Since its already given that 2018 is the official year of correction for cryptos , there is also a pump year and that is probably 2019  .
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
November 20, 2018, 08:48:05 PM
Its true, 2018 is year of correction. Bitcoin and others coin drop more than 90% from highest price. Its hard to predict the price right now but i am optimistic that 2019 will a good year

Oh well that's the best we can do right now. Wait till the bear market is over, and look for 2019 as perhaps that year that we finally see the bulls coming back and taking over the market again. No one expected the market to be like this, we thought that at least a good 5 digit at the end of the year, sadly though, some circumstances that's beyond our control, so let's hope that after this year, everything will be alright and we can see a reversal.
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
November 20, 2018, 08:44:28 PM
Its true, 2018 is year of correction. Bitcoin and others coin drop more than 90% from highest price. Its hard to predict the price right now but i am optimistic that 2019 will a good year
copper member
Activity: 87
Merit: 2
November 20, 2018, 03:27:06 PM
Many miners are definitely very upset and with lots of worries about our current state.

It was known amongst some communities that this could happen, institutions don't want to pay high prices for BTC.

This price is a great, historical entry point again. Buy all of what you can!! Last chance!

Best,
Borja
Activity: 526
Merit: 10
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
November 20, 2018, 01:13:37 PM
As we witnessed a bearish year which lasted longer than the prediction and some people was it was the bad year for crypto but i feel it was a the year of correction as the value of crypto were overachieved at the end of 2017. Hence we are having a correction period to what the real value should had been? Kindly share your opinion.
  I think that any market after the explosion to a very high level, they will return to the original is even worse. So we should not be disappointed by the bad years of the crypto market that believe the next few years, crypto will be more popular in the world and their prices will be restored.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
November 20, 2018, 09:38:38 AM
The question is, what happens when a coin skyrockets to a price satisfactory to every investor? Definitely, more than 90% of the investors will begin to withdraw in order to make profit. This is one of the factors that has caused the drop in price of Bitcoin. It is called the correction period and until the investors reduce the withdrawal and reach a stage where another set of investments are made which surpasses the withdrawal, the bear market will continue.

I would argue that 90% of the investors would begin to withdraw in the case you described in the first sentence. Most of the current investors are not traders and they are not looking for profits in a short term. The main factor which caused the drop in price was not the selling by most investors, but rather the selling by a few but very wealthy ones, who are called “whales”. And we will continue seeing the bearish trends every time the price rises significantly until they will run out of their stashes, in other words, until all the coins they have will be distributed among millions of long-term investors.
it seems they know very well what to do, with the current conditions, indeed i think the whales are planning something to get big profits. technically the bearish trend still continues

The bitcoin has corrected far more than it was expected and I think all the big whales probably are out of the market and might be looking at opportunity to buy back lower so that they can make huge profits as bull run might begin when they enter and can en cash profits before the year end and have a great year. Keep buying on the dips to get the better profits on your money.

The thing is that some of them are not going to buy back, and this actually a good thing because they will no longer be manipulating the market. If millions of Bitcoin users will buy what whales are dumping these days, the bearish trend will be over in a week or two max, and a steady growth will start. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that some of the oldest Bitcoin adopters have gotten tired of the game by now, and are going to quit forever this time.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
November 20, 2018, 05:09:49 AM
The question is, what happens when a coin skyrockets to a price satisfactory to every investor? Definitely, more than 90% of the investors will begin to withdraw in order to make profit. This is one of the factors that has caused the drop in price of Bitcoin. It is called the correction period and until the investors reduce the withdrawal and reach a stage where another set of investments are made which surpasses the withdrawal, the bear market will continue.
2018 is a bitcoin correction year,  bitcoin prices may be formed in the range of 4000 to 6000 USD for each BTC. It takes time to prove,  the price of bitcoin is not too expensive but high fluctuations are more attractive to bitcoin users, especially those with little capital.

It has being correcting a lot in last couple of months and just creating more panic among the trader int he market. Thus people who cannot hold have started to sell and thus market is taking more dip. On other hand it is also the best time for big whales who might enter now and buy in bulk at such prices and make quick gains.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
November 20, 2018, 04:08:37 AM
Probably this is the year of correction but mind you that bitcoin and other cryptocurrency would also had a great chance to have a good market price turn back. I do not see the system will not going to survive especially that money has gone through the system and many loving to have cryptocurrency.
The period from the point of fall till the pint of recovery is always the recovery period after the recessional period is finished. For cryptocurrency, it often lasts longer but the current stability in the value of Bitcoin is good enough and shows signals for revival.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
November 19, 2018, 11:07:21 PM
2018 is a bitcoin correction year,  bitcoin prices may be formed in the range of 4000 to 6000 USD for each BTC. It takes time to prove,  the price of bitcoin is not too expensive but high fluctuations are more attractive to bitcoin users, especially those with little capital.
Activity: 210
Merit: 3
November 19, 2018, 06:57:38 PM
As we witnessed a bearish year which lasted longer than the prediction and some people was it was the bad year for crypto but i feel it was a the year of correction as the value of crypto were overachieved at the end of 2017. Hence we are having a correction period to what the real value should had been? Kindly share your opinion.

Yes, the bubble in 2017 had to be corrected and balanced out for Bitcoiners to make some profits in 2019. Even the stock markets has to go through some correction phase, now and again. I think we have reached the bottom end of the correction phase and we are going to get into a Bull market soon.

I hope Bakkt will be the trigger for the Bull market and it will push us back to a even higher ATH in 2019.  Wink

Will this really be this fast after the fall? Will the balloon still explode, or will it fly away?
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
November 19, 2018, 06:39:24 PM
How long will this correction continue? The entire market is nose diving badly, bitcoin has now fallen below $5k, I think the correction need to be over before everything completely collapses.

Nobody can't tell how long this bear market will last. We didn't expect the price to go below $5k, but we're here right now and we can't deny the fact. Its just sad to see the price going down not because of our own doing, but because of the Bitcoin Cash war and we're caught in the middle. But the beauty about this crash is that we take long position and just wait for it to bounce back again.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
November 19, 2018, 03:38:39 PM
How long will this correction continue? The entire market is nose diving badly, bitcoin has now fallen below $5k, I think the correction need to be over before everything completely collapses.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
November 19, 2018, 03:14:56 PM
Bitcoin pumped too much in price by December last year. Such a sharp increase in the price of Bitcoin will always entail a correction of its price, and the more significant its growth is, the deeper and longer its correction will be. Of course, who was ready to use this situation with a significant increase in the cryptocurrency market, he received a huge profit. Who bought bitcoin at the end of its growth, he has suffered significant losses so far.
The current decrease in the price of Bitcoin will have a very negative impact on the cryptocurrency market, apparently, the bear market will again be delayed, since many holders of cryptocurrency will again leave this market.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
November 19, 2018, 02:20:00 PM
2018 - the beginning of the bearish year, 2019 will continue to be bearish one and only in the end of 2019 we will see some rising

Does not seems that you will have to wait for 2019 end. It could be well before itself where the rise will happen and may be in Dec this year itself we can see some bounce back to happen. So it seems you being probably not invested in this dropped market infact it is the time to make purchases with lower value and hold it for some months.

Yes, 2018 seems to be a long year of correction. At the middle of November, when everyone was hoping to get all time high prices of bitcoin, we have see all time low prices instead. This price movement of bitcoin has disappointed many people and many would left crypto if its keep on going like this.
Activity: 706
Merit: 111
November 19, 2018, 01:56:00 PM
2019 will be the same
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 19, 2018, 01:42:03 PM
   I`m not so familiar with this term "correction" in crypto-currencies. We don`t know the true value of crypto-currencies,
correction comes from knowing that.
   Prices in crypto-currencies fluctuate depending from demand & supply, when we have surge in one of those two directions
price will go in that way too.
   Price is now dropping again. I`m not panicking or looking in that like in some "correction". Conditions on the market are like
that in this moment. Future will bring many more fluctuations before we see true power of crypto-currencies.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
November 19, 2018, 12:30:37 PM
This 2018 is the year of cryptocurrency pruning.
there are so many people who jump from normal to crypto world.
They will be eliminated this year as they didn't know the community well though they see the profit in just a short period of time.
Crypto who has no bright future and great project to offer to the world will also be eliminated.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
November 19, 2018, 12:23:46 PM
We are almost reach end of year and the price still low until today and i do agree that 2018 is year of correction and most of investors has been lost because since last year the value of bitcoin lost more than 50% and i think most of us still cannot recover our lost especially the current price seems makes people doubt whether it will reach again to all time high or not
- 2018 is not the year of correction, more precisely, it was a year of purge and bloodshed and massacre because as you say, investors are almost lost, and the loss to date is probably a figure that if people cut losses, they would almost become bankrupt. People are really living in a state of fear and doubt about the future of bitcoin, the future of the market, although the glimmer of hope for recovery and return still exists but over time, that light is engulfed by darkness, negative atmosphere is covering, crying and moaning is beginning to appear

The year started with the bloodbath. Then, as I think, it was a period of the correction. After that, some stability came to the market. Now, we are waiting for the bulls that might come to us this winter.
Pages:
Jump to: