Pages:
Author

Topic: 2018 USA Mid Terms! Red or Blue Waves?!? - page 7. (Read 1621 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 266
October 08, 2018, 11:18:05 AM
It's pretty damn rare for a Presidents party to pick up house seats in the mid term....

But the Repubs and the Dems were doing all they could to down Trump, and they failed because the people voted him in.

You have to consider THEM.
The Republicans tried all that they could so as to stop Trump from becoming the Republican nominee but he got past that to win the presidency because his message was to the people directly and not to the elites. With a great economy and Peace, it seems that the Republicans are being to be in control of both houses come the midterm election.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
October 08, 2018, 10:02:47 AM
Trump lies at republican rally by making up bogus name of bill...  Republicans eat this shit up are they not able to use something like google?

I can't ever remember a time when a President was so actively trying to create a division in his people.  What's also curious is that it is working extremely well and the Dems have not figured out a counter to it.

The gloating over the Kavanaugh victory while it appears to play really well with the GOP base show's very little class, generally the old saying of you should act like this isn't your first time in the end zone and you've been there many times before, shows some class... There is a big difference between celebrating and gloating!

I think the GOP base is fired right up over the SC win, and are hoping RBG "retires" and Trump will get them 6-3 the next holy grail!

It looks like a pretty easy thing for the Republicans to keep the senate and hell at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if the GOP kept the house as well.  

I think the house and senate will stay Republican at this point.  Cool
Activity: 574
Merit: 152
October 06, 2018, 10:18:58 AM
If either side wins big, there will be accusations of foreign interference. (And indeed, if any foreign power if capable of interfering with the election, now would be a great time, since it'd create maximal chaos.)

When Obama ran for POTUS he received 92M in undocumented foreign contributions, but nobody investigated that or even seemed to care.

I think the Democratic Party is heavily influenced by foreign interests, down to and including it's basic platform. If you think about it, some of the matters that they seem "anti-American" on, that explains it.

Fuck off with your troll or present actual evidence.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/summary.php?cycle=2008&cid=N00009638

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/summary.php?cycle=2012&cid=N00009638

---

Unlike the corrupt, crooked, GOP, Obama didn't receive money from foreign entities.

Hell, the Jill Stein's more dirty than Obama.

My desired result is for the Democrats to win the house by 1 seat or for there to be a dead tie, and for the Republicans to keep the Senate by as much as possible. That should ensure that nothing gets done, which is the best thing for the government to do. (I will get a certain sense of satisfaction if the Republicans win overwhelmingly, since I really dislike the Democrats, but the Republicans will also do plenty of harm if given the opportunity.)

My predicted result is that the Republicans will only barely retain the Senate and will lose the House by a few dozen seats. I think that both sides will be disappointed at their performance, but it will be a moderate blue wave. I sense that most people are only slightly enthusiastic about the economy, and are worried about future tariffs and especially the future of healthcare.

If either side wins big, there will be accusations of foreign interference. (And indeed, if any foreign power if capable of interfering with the election, now would be a great time, since it'd create maximal chaos.)

Gridlock + GOP looting coffers = dead economy or fascist rising. It's almost like a foreign entity wants gridlock.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
October 06, 2018, 09:19:37 AM

When Obama ran for POTUS he received 92M in undocumented foreign contributions, but nobody investigated that or even seemed to care.

I think the Democratic Party is heavily influenced by foreign interests, down to and including it's basic platform. If you think about it, some of the matters that they seem "anti-American" on, that explains it.

legendary
October 06, 2018, 09:00:25 AM
My predicted result is that the Republicans will only barely retain the Senate and will lose the House by a few dozen seats. I think that both sides will be disappointed at their performance, but it will be a moderate blue wave. I sense that most people are only slightly enthusiastic about the economy, and are worried about future tariffs and especially the future of healthcare.

I do think the economy is being overshadowed by so many other factors ATM and doesn't really appear to be a major issue for voters. 

Now that we all but know the Kavanaugh outcome I am really curious if it will affect the MT's and how.  Historically the Thomas nomination would probably be the most similar case to look at.  Granted there aren't exact parallels but nothing ever is. 

Thomas's vote was in 91 and the next elections weren't till 92 more than a year later.  That gave a lot of women the time to get into the senate race.  It also gave time for women to "stew" over the decision and time for investigative journalist to dig into the matter further.  None of which is happening before this MT. 

Another big difference is the republican base, the Trump party is a far cry from the HW Bush party and Trump can rile up his base better than anyone.

I've seen a number of Pundits talking about the loser of the Kavanaugh fight will probably be the overall winner in the MT's and it may even play big into 2020.

The last and I think biggest difference between Thomas and Kavanaugh drama's is not in the facts or timing but the simple existence of social media.  In 91/92 it wasn't as simple as it is now for groups to connect, organize and spread information (good or bad!).  Trump is a master of social media and he just might be able to squash the enthusiasm of the left single handily because lets be honest the left isn't always the best organized!!

I think the left was already a little energized just from Trump and now I hope they will get more energized from Kavanaugh.

That being said, polls and history are indicating the house has a good chance of going blue but the senate I think might have just gotten a lot more interesting based on the right winning the Kavanaugh fight.  It's also fair to say the polls are almost entirely useless especially recently!!
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
October 06, 2018, 04:34:25 AM
The Democrat party will not quit until they are discredited for 2 generations. When you keep doubling down and losing, eventually the payment comes due, and the Democrats have built up quite a debt.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
October 06, 2018, 02:52:56 AM
My desired result is for the Democrats to win the house by 1 seat or for there to be a dead tie, and for the Republicans to keep the Senate by as much as possible. That should ensure that nothing gets done, which is the best thing for the government to do. (I will get a certain sense of satisfaction if the Republicans win overwhelmingly, since I really dislike the Democrats, but the Republicans will also do plenty of harm if given the opportunity.)

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
October 05, 2018, 11:49:15 PM
As it stands now, it looks like Republicans will flip a few seats, likely 2-3 seats in the senate and might get one seat flipped blue that is of a retiring senator.

The Kanavaugh witch-hunt appears to have riled up republicans with GOP enthusiasm in the midterms now virtually matching that of Democrats. I believe Democrats probably overplayed their hand and the witch-hunt will backfire on them. This is especially true if it is made public that FBI investigations are opened into one or more of many actors who likely broke laws.

The generic ballot for congress went from +14 for democrats to +7 (same side), which indicates that the control of Congress is a tossup. (It has been said that Democrats need +4 on the generic ballot to have control of Congress due to gerrymandering).

Fundraising for the GOP is way up over the past few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
October 05, 2018, 10:45:13 PM
It's pretty damn rare for a Presidents party to pick up house seats in the mid term....

But the Repubs and the Dems were doing all they could to down Trump, and they failed because the people voted him in.

You have to consider THEM.
Activity: 574
Merit: 152
October 05, 2018, 12:46:05 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2018#Most_recent_election_predictions

/thread

I hope it's more blue. We need some accountability for the executive branch.
legendary
October 05, 2018, 12:33:50 PM
Well with all the political pundits among us and the Mid Terms rapidly approaching I am curious how everyone see the House and Senate races panning out.

It looks to me like the Senate will stay Red and they might just pick up a couple seats giving them some breathing room!  Looks like Hietkamp is underwater double digits so the red state might get that seat back (and shes a no on Kavanaugh which probably doesn't help her).  Manchin is another tight race where he has a small lead but his vote on the Kavanaugh nom might sway voters one way or the other.

I haven't been watching to many other senate races so feel free to tell us about any more!

The early polls had a blue house but the Kavanaugh show seems to have energized the republican base.  Will the base come down if Kavanaugh gets confirmed?  Will the base get fired up if Kavanaugh gets voted down?  The same question can be asked of the Dem base.  Do they get energized if Kavanaugh gets confirmed.  Do they cool off if he gets voted down or does Trumps antics with the Kavanaugh Circus give the dems enough energy regardless of the outcome on Kavanaugh?

It's pretty damn rare for a Presidents party to pick up house seats in the mid term, which voters are motivated enough pre and post Kavanaugh confirmation vote!
Pages:
Jump to: