Pages:
Author

Topic: 2019 Cricket World Cup - Discussion & Analysis - page 25. (Read 8123 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
At one point even WI faced Ausis blowers very well, i do agree AUS is one of the best sides in the cricket but i think their bowling side is somewhat week which they cannot take accurate wickets on time. While the matches will continue to be tough because even Bangladesh team become very strong which they managed to score 300 runs against SA.
Bangladesh became strong for a few years now, they can defeat any team. But the problem is they are not consistent and also very much unpredictable.

Regarding Australia win, I'm amazed while I watched the highlights. They really played awesomely and managed to win a losing match. Congrats Aussies.

My first pick for Champion is England and I second Australia.
Activity: 700
Merit: 12
Australia showed why they are one of the favourites to win the World Cup as they started off poorly but thanks to their middle order which everyone was saying it wasn't as strong as previous Australian teams except for me and a couple of others proved that the middle order is fine. Like I said Australia have a well balanced team and well balanced teams are the ones that normally win the World Cup. I thought the WI bowled well to restrict Australia to a total under 300 but it was thanks to the excellent bowling performance by Strac taking 5 wickets, the WI had a good chance at winning this match but the Australian bowlers were just too good. 

Australia is my second pick to win this World Cup, and after seeing their performances yesterday I feel it’ll be very difficult for teams to beat them. West Indies started the match brilliantly, but lost the plot midway when they allowed Australia to score many runs which ultimately proved fatal while chasing. Mitchell Starc bowled one of the best spells of his carrier according to me, he single handedly dismantled West Indies batting line up.

At one point even WI faced Ausis blowers very well, i do agree AUS is one of the best sides in the cricket but i think their bowling side is somewhat week which they cannot take accurate wickets on time. While the matches will continue to be tough because even Bangladesh team become very strong which they managed to score 300 runs against SA.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
Australia showed why they are one of the favourites to win the World Cup as they started off poorly but thanks to their middle order which everyone was saying it wasn't as strong as previous Australian teams except for me and a couple of others proved that the middle order is fine. Like I said Australia have a well balanced team and well balanced teams are the ones that normally win the World Cup. I thought the WI bowled well to restrict Australia to a total under 300 but it was thanks to the excellent bowling performance by Strac taking 5 wickets, the WI had a good chance at winning this match but the Australian bowlers were just too good. 

Australia is my second pick to win this World Cup, and after seeing their performances yesterday I feel it’ll be very difficult for teams to beat them. West Indies started the match brilliantly, but lost the plot midway when they allowed Australia to score many runs which ultimately proved fatal while chasing. Mitchell Starc bowled one of the best spells of his carrier according to me, he single handedly dismantled West Indies batting line up.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

It was a very nice match but it surely could've been a lot better if the umpires were in complete senses when they were making decisions. The way they handled the batting line-up of the West Indies batsmen was pathetic. ICC "should" definitely take an action on this mess!

P.S. Not sure why Nurse didn't bat good in the third-last and the second-last over of the match. In the very last over of the match, by hitting three consecutive fours, he clearly proved that he could've hit them in the previous overs as well and he had the capability of doing so. Not sure what was going through his mind at that time. Roll Eyes
Merit: 590
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
India won their first match easy and now SA is in very big trouble losing their first three matches which sees them second last on the table. They should be last but the RR percentage is keeping them above Afghanistan. Bangladesh almost pulled off another victory but New Zealand were too good at the death to win the match by 2 wickets. I still give Bangladesh a chance to finish in the top 4 and even if they just miss out and finish 5th it is still a huge achievement for this team as they have come a long way in world cricket.

India begin with a win against SA and played well . But they were slow and with caution started their batting due to which the match went long as score was not that big to chase it in quick time . But the batsman got the feel of batting and practice as such to stay in the wicket as well .
legendary
India won their first match easy and now SA is in very big trouble losing their first three matches which sees them second last on the table. They should be last but the RR percentage is keeping them above Afghanistan. Bangladesh almost pulled off another victory but New Zealand were too good at the death to win the match by 2 wickets. I still give Bangladesh a chance to finish in the top 4 and even if they just miss out and finish 5th it is still a huge achievement for this team as they have come a long way in world cricket.

Bangladeshis would've won this one if it wasn't for their wicket-keeper's poor performance in the first session when Ross Tayler and Kane Williamson were on the pitch. Batsmen like these two do not usually give chances of wicket-taking repeatedly. Once you miss'em, you suffer till the end, and that's exactly what we witnessed in today's match. Bangladeshi players should really focus more on their fielding from now on if they want to make it to the semi-finals.
Yes I agree, Afghanistan had a good chance at winning their match but poor batting has let them down after a good bowling performance to bowl Sri Lanka out for a moderate total of just 201 runs. Afghanistan still need time to grow on the world stage but at least they are getting a lot of experience playing the top teams to see where they are at. Finally we get to see India in action later today, they should be able to beat SA as they have been in poor form so far and if SA lose then they can say goodbye to the World Cup.

Afghanistan could have done the upset yesterday, provided their batsmen had shown some responsibility.  The run rate was not an issue, it was only they had lost too many wickets too quickly.

Since SA is edge of being eliminated and they need to give 100% to Win from India today. This might make things little tough for India and we might see a upset or a very tight finish match.

Afghanistan bowled well to get SL out at 201 but could not get their batting right else they could have upset the SL and register the win against the SL team. They need to have the right batting order in order to chase anything above 200 and rest of the others teams are much better as well and stronger.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 866
Yes I agree, Afghanistan had a good chance at winning their match but poor batting has let them down after a good bowling performance to bowl Sri Lanka out for a moderate total of just 201 runs. Afghanistan still need time to grow on the world stage but at least they are getting a lot of experience playing the top teams to see where they are at. Finally we get to see India in action later today, they should be able to beat SA as they have been in poor form so far and if SA lose then they can say goodbye to the World Cup.

Afghanistan could have done the upset yesterday, provided their batsmen had shown some responsibility.  The run rate was not an issue, it was only they had lost too many wickets too quickly.

Since SA is edge of being eliminated and they need to give 100% to Win from India today. This might make things little tough for India and we might see a upset or a very tight finish match.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
SL won and all thanks to Malinga. The weather played a toss on Afghanistan players and they couldn't even manage batting till the last over. Great fielding and bowling even though batting failed both the teams.
Most probably Afghanistan lost their only chance today to add 2 points to the table. I don't think they will get another chance.

Anyway, Congratulation Srilanka Supporters.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
SL won and all thanks to Malinga. The weather played a toss on Afghanistan players and they couldn't even manage batting till the last over. Great fielding and bowling even though batting failed both the teams.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
So started off the game very well and their 2nd wicket fell at 144 but after that things start collapsing like deck of cards and struggling with 187/8 and due to rain math is halted now . Afghanistan if can bat well can have a turn in this match and win it .

All out for 201.

Sri Lanka is looking completely out of sorts in this tournament so far. Reminds me of the 2003 world cup, when they got beaten by Kenya. Afghanistan is a test playing nation and can't be compared to Kenya, but even then a loss today will be hugely disappointing for the islanders. But all is not lost yet. Afghan batting lineup is not that strong.
So started off the game very well and their 2nd wicket fell at 144 but after that things start collapsing like deck of cards and struggling with 187/8 and due to rain math is halted now . Afghanistan if can bat well can have a turn in this match and win it .
Activity: 2156
Merit: 323
Yesterday match was one of the best till now in this World Cup where England have a tough fight chasing the score but in the end Pakistan was little better which helped them win the match . It was indeed a very good batting by both the sides to make that 350 runs .
Pakistan have bounced back in the World Cup competition in classic style! Summing up the last ODI series between England vs Pakistan I was confident that 350 was achievable. Extremely disappointed for England they lost this match very close after getting two century.
Yesterday match was one of the best till now in this World Cup where England have a tough fight chasing the score but in the end Pakistan was little better which helped them win the match . It was indeed a very good batting by both the sides to make that 350 runs .
legendary
Pakistan winning has really sent a shock wave through to all the teams in the World Cup. Its looking like that this World Cup could go to any team with a couple of upsets already. All credit goes to Pakistan as they played well to beat one of the favourites which no one expected.

A very unexpected win indeed, but don't forget that we're talking here about probably the most inconsistent team of the world. One day down, next day up.

It should be a wake-up call for England. They were being way too much overconfident over the past few days. Being overconfident usually messes things up, and I really want England to win their first world cup, so I hope that they concentrate more on their game from now on. Roll Eyes
Pakistan winning has really sent a shock wave through to all the teams in the World Cup. Its looking like that this World Cup could go to any team with a couple of upsets already. All credit goes to Pakistan as they played well to beat one of the favourites which no one expected.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Congratulation Pakistan Supporters for a huge win against England.

We will have a Game on our hands on 16 June (India Vs Pakistan)
Well, India vs Pakistan matches had been always a heated game since the beginning as far as I know. But Pakistan had a bad time some time ago, now it seems the players got their form back.

I hope the supporter of both teams will be able to watch a nice high pulse game from these two teams. Good Luck to both teams supporters.

Yeah, lots of crackers are burst that day when India plays with Pakistan Cheesy

Pakistan was always considered strong in terms of bowling but today they showed they have great batsmen too but still I want India to win. It would mean a lot for them especially in a world cup match.
Pages:
Jump to: