Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2105. (Read 902699 times)

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
April 26, 2020, 03:14:21 AM

That is also why we can't do much but just analyze players now. Like KD and LBJ which is being discussed just a page away.  Grin

All we can do is wait.
We can speculate everything but in the end it will be the US government decision and NBA management into when they will continue the season.
Yeah, that means they will need to abide by the rules of what the government tells them.

Here is one good news.
They could stretch those legs now.
https://secure.nba.com/article/2020/04/25/report-players-could-return-team-facilities-soon

MIAMI (AP) — NBA players will be allowed to return to team training facilities starting Friday, provided that their local governments do not have a stay-at-home order prohibiting such movement still in place as part of the response to the coronavirus pandemic.
So the chance that this players will be able to run again and execute practices are possible now. Good to know that if the government allows them without any prohibitions they can workout and begin to plan their next steps. A good sign though is not yet clear that the entire league will be resuming
since the pandemic virus still on the spread and vaccine still unavailable.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
April 26, 2020, 01:14:13 AM
However you are forgetting that THOUSANDS of people die everyday because of this virus, I understand that you may want to watch the games but people are afraid they will get the virus as well when the season starts, so they want to postpone it as much as they can to save their lives, I am sorry but health and well being of the players comes before your entertainment obviously. Will they eventually return? Sure they will, but that doesn't mean that it will be right away, it will probably take some more months before they can return.

Who are these people you are pointing to?

If you follow the discussions here, there's no user here that acts like that. And even people outside in the forum, they are not an idiot to think like that. They understand the situation and they just missing the games, nothing wrong about that especially if you are an avid NBA fan for years. It doesn't mean these people want the league to push the game. They already anticipated too that the break might take several months.

That is also why we can't do much but just analyze players now. Like KD and LBJ which is being discussed just a page away.  Grin

All we can do is wait.
We can speculate everything but in the end it will be the US government decision and NBA management into when they will continue the season.
Yeah, that means they will need to abide by the rules of what the government tells them.

Here is one good news.
They could stretch those legs now.
https://secure.nba.com/article/2020/04/25/report-players-could-return-team-facilities-soon

MIAMI (AP) — NBA players will be allowed to return to team training facilities starting Friday, provided that their local governments do not have a stay-at-home order prohibiting such movement still in place as part of the response to the coronavirus pandemic.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
April 25, 2020, 08:00:47 PM
However you are forgetting that THOUSANDS of people die everyday because of this virus, I understand that you may want to watch the games but people are afraid they will get the virus as well when the season starts, so they want to postpone it as much as they can to save their lives, I am sorry but health and well being of the players comes before your entertainment obviously. Will they eventually return? Sure they will, but that doesn't mean that it will be right away, it will probably take some more months before they can return.

Who are these people you are pointing to?

If you follow the discussions here, there's no user here that acts like that. And even people outside in the forum, they are not an idiot to think like that. They understand the situation and they just missing the games, nothing wrong about that especially if you are an avid NBA fan for years. It doesn't mean these people want the league to push the game. They already anticipated too that the break might take several months.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 575
April 25, 2020, 05:51:56 PM

If the pandemic ends is a big IF right now, plus this is not something that will end in a minute, it will slowly fade away so that means people would still have to be careful and a lot of people will be scared. I have been in self-isolation away from my wife for 14 days and when we got back together I hugged her and kissed her but I was so used to be being couple feet away that even though I don't have to anymore, I still have reflexes like moving away then realizing I don't have to.

Its going to be a tough transition to real life after this, gonna have hard time by everyone in the world. NBA could return, thats not a surprise but at the same time it is risky as well, I think we should wait at least to august, 20 games and playoffs with shorten version could very well be done very quickly.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
April 25, 2020, 02:40:42 PM
I understand that as fans we really want to watch the games, plus we are all stuck at home which means the games would be a lot better, I can literally watch all games everyday fully that much time I have in my hands right now so I get it.

Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 25, 2020, 10:46:42 AM
Nevertheless, delaying the season makes the viewer more excited about the upcoming season. Better for us to wait until this pandemic ends.
Delaying means the season will still resume, we will not be seeing a new season yet, this season will just be shortened but we will see the full playoffs schedule I guess because that matters a lot, and the NBA finals could earn a lot of viewers as that's where people show how they miss the NBA.
Fans won't complain if the season will be shortened or will completely be stopped. We do miss the games even it's not the playoffs, it's for sure that whenever the regular season comes back there will be plenty of fans that wouldn't want to miss a game.
Fans will be there eve there's some issue after this pandemic virus. They will continue to show support since they've really missed the games.
Expect that most of those who are really fanatic to this league will accept whatever the management will bring them, this league is already
part of many people's entertainment.
What could be an issue if this pandemic ends? I can't think of it, maybe a war?

Whatever it is, the fans will surely buy their tickets for the first match of it and will definitely show how much they've missed the league. That's true support from the fans and how they really love the sport and NBA.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
April 25, 2020, 10:38:56 AM
Nevertheless, delaying the season makes the viewer more excited about the upcoming season. Better for us to wait until this pandemic ends.
Delaying means the season will still resume, we will not be seeing a new season yet, this season will just be shortened but we will see the full playoffs schedule I guess because that matters a lot, and the NBA finals could earn a lot of viewers as that's where people show how they miss the NBA.
Fans won't complain if the season will be shortened or will completely be stopped. We do miss the games even it's not the playoffs, it's for sure that whenever the regular season comes back there will be plenty of fans that wouldn't want to miss a game.
Fans will be there eve there's some issue after this pandemic virus. They will continue to show support since they've really missed the games.
Expect that most of those who are really fanatic to this league will accept whatever the management will bring them, this league is already
part of many people's entertainment.
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 25, 2020, 09:32:23 AM
Activity: 2856
Merit: 674
April 25, 2020, 06:57:51 AM
It will resume once the virus already been contained. The organization needs to complete thus season before opening a new one. Possibilities that
it will be shortened and expect good competitions once it resumes every games. Fans are already exited to see how their favorite players/teams are
doing within the lock-down and how the management and coaching staff updated their plans.
I am a fan and I am not excited what they are doing at the moment, I just want to see the season to resume soon, that's it.
The pandemic is still here, but hopefully it will not destroy the NBA season, we want to see how this things would go when they resume and this year, the Lakers has a great chance of winning, so let's see if they can stand against the their rival LA clippers, it's gonna be fun to watch Lebron playing Kawhi, hopefully he will get his revenge.
April 25, 2020, 12:52:30 AM

There is also a bit of PR as well, KD has always been a kid inside and has always talked about whatever was on his mind, and he acted a bit childish during the whole OKC thing as well, he forgot about the burner account and wrote his mind from his OG account on twitter too. So when it comes to KD you think of just a player and a person and not something bigger. When it comes to Lebron that dude barely leaks anything to media that he doesn't want leaked, dude ran his teams like a GM as well which is where LeGM meme started from, he was all around a professional when it comes to everything off the court.

Sure their talents could be compared, I still think KD is far better scorer, and he is a great defender as well, yet when it comes to team play, Lebron is so far ahead that it is not even remotely close, Lebron is the best passer I have ever seen who is not a PG, and he ranks top 5 in my mind on all players included. Dude could literally finish with 40k-10k-10k which shows how overall talented he is and not just one aspect of the court. With this break and him potentially not playing after his contract is over, he may not reach those numbers but he would be the closest one ever at least. Being the best ever on one subject and being the most overall player ever played are two different things, and thats why if I had to build a team around anyone I would still pick 35 year old Lebron over anyone else.

Then, if ever I will make a team I will put Lebron and KD.  Grin
It will be much better.
A shooter which is unstoppable and then a good all around player with LBJ.

When it comes to strength though, I am really amazed with how Lebron does it.
Is it those oranges he keeps on eating during the game?
Dude never had a bad injury, just sores and finger problems which are natural in every player.
It says how he loves the game so much by keeping himself safe and healthy.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
April 24, 2020, 08:20:30 PM
It will resume once the virus already been contained. The organization needs to complete thus season before opening a new one. Possibilities that
it will be shortened and expect good competitions once it resumes every games. Fans are already exited to see how their favorite players/teams are
doing within the lock-down and how the management and coaching staff updated their plans.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
April 24, 2020, 07:59:08 PM
Activity: 2086
Merit: 575
April 24, 2020, 05:33:03 PM

There is also a bit of PR as well, KD has always been a kid inside and has always talked about whatever was on his mind, and he acted a bit childish during the whole OKC thing as well, he forgot about the burner account and wrote his mind from his OG account on twitter too. So when it comes to KD you think of just a player and a person and not something bigger. When it comes to Lebron that dude barely leaks anything to media that he doesn't want leaked, dude ran his teams like a GM as well which is where LeGM meme started from, he was all around a professional when it comes to everything off the court.

Sure their talents could be compared, I still think KD is far better scorer, and he is a great defender as well, yet when it comes to team play, Lebron is so far ahead that it is not even remotely close, Lebron is the best passer I have ever seen who is not a PG, and he ranks top 5 in my mind on all players included. Dude could literally finish with 40k-10k-10k which shows how overall talented he is and not just one aspect of the court. With this break and him potentially not playing after his contract is over, he may not reach those numbers but he would be the closest one ever at least. Being the best ever on one subject and being the most overall player ever played are two different things, and thats why if I had to build a team around anyone I would still pick 35 year old Lebron over anyone else.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 322
April 24, 2020, 01:51:20 PM
I guess I would understand the logic though, think about it Lebron was playing with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love as his star teammates with Ty Lue as the coach versus a team of Kevin Durant Steph Curry and Klay Thompson and even Dray as a team plus Steve Kerr as the coach, when these teams are facing each other there is no need for Lebron to beat them in order to be considered best player, he carried that team all the way there and he fought really hard to beat them as well, by his last year at Cavs dude was basically too tired to make that work and gave up eventually, maybe if JR didn't do that idiotic last second thing we could have seen Lebron beasting once again, but after that he just called quits.

So, Kevin maybe wanted to the same, go to Brooklyn, get Kyrie, and if they can actually go to finals that would show the world he is as good as Lebron.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
April 24, 2020, 12:20:48 PM
^ NBA or even other basketball league was suspended because of this pandemic. Safety and health of players will be at stake if they will push the season to start government will be held liable if they will allow the games to start especially if any player will be infected by the virus. Nevertheless, delaying the season makes the viewer more excited about the upcoming season. Better for us to wait until this pandemic ends.
April 24, 2020, 11:01:54 AM
I honestly  like the debate between Lebron James and Kevin Durant because these two are really rivals, well, one on one, KD can't win against Lebron as Lebron is stronger and can defend him, the only reason why Lebron does not score sometimes is because he will get doubled while I am not seeing KD getting doubled most of the time compared to Lebron.

We should have a poll for this debate.  Grin

That's a good idea.  Wink

Although I hate how Durant is making bad statements now I love how he plays the game.
I will give my vote to him.
One on one game he could really win against Lebron.
In terms of shooting percentage Durant has a better chance to shoot it.
Reach advantage, Durant too and even with Lebron's height and jumping capability he cannot reach Durant fading away.

But when it comes to penetration, it will be difficult for Durant to defend LBJ.
It might become an equal fight. Both have their strengths.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
April 24, 2020, 06:48:46 AM
I honestly  like the debate between Lebron James and Kevin Durant because these two are really rivals, well, one on one, KD can't win against Lebron as Lebron is stronger and can defend him, the only reason why Lebron does not score sometimes is because he will get doubled while I am not seeing KD getting doubled most of the time compared to Lebron.

We should have a poll for this debate.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 24, 2020, 06:31:58 AM

Do it in Brooklyn if you can. Win a championship with Kyrie. But that doesn't still proves he is the best player in NBA.
Being the best is also writing something in history.
Winning games which are impossible to win.
He had that Westbrook behavior tainted in him.  Grin

yeah, do it there, and then you can prove that you are valuable to be considered within the best players of the NBA, but i do not think that he can do it, and for sure do not think that he is the best, to be the best, you have to be good constantly and the best when it is hardest, and he did not play that way, he is the best when the team is relaxed and has good difference in their hands, otherwise did not saw many wins with his brilliance in tough fourth quarter
April 24, 2020, 06:27:04 AM
Draymond Green says Kevin Durant changed when LeBron James was considered best NBA player after 2017 Finals

Despite Durant winning NBA Finals MVP and beating LeBron James' Cleveland Cavaliers, Green said K.D. was unhappy that James was still considered the better player. Durant averaged 28.5 points, 7.9 rebounds and 4.3 assists on 56/44/89 shooting splits during the 2017 playoffs.

According to Green, Durant's demeanor changed, and he eventually started blaming Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson for not passing him the ball.

Do you believe on Draymond Green's statement here?

Is it really the reason why Durant left for Brooklyn because he want to be the sole star of his team and wants to be called greater than Lebron James?

I believe so.
Durant is a different player. He want to be the best player in NBA but it took him long from staying with OKC.
He is different with Curry which proved everything with hard work and also putting the team to win games.

I think he believe he can do it all. 
There had been a lot of bad character this man had been throwing around in Twitter.

Well, he still have the time to prove it.
Do it in Brooklyn if you can. Win a championship with Kyrie. But that doesn't still proves he is the best player in NBA.
Being the best is also writing something in history.
Winning games which are impossible to win.
He had that Westbrook behavior tainted in him.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
April 24, 2020, 05:49:49 AM
Do you believe on Draymond Green's statement here?

Is it really the reason why Durant left for Brooklyn because he want to be the sole star of his team and wants to be called greater than Lebron James?
Being considered to be the greatest will always come to the fans itself or simply means that people should recognize it rather than forcing it out that he's much better than Lebron.
It might be some little arguments into that particular situation back in 2017 but past is past and nothing can really be changed.

-snip-
Im not saying Durant isnt good but he do still need to prove out more before he do get such title.
Jump to: