Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2106. (Read 902697 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
April 24, 2020, 05:35:01 AM
Both players are good IMO, Durant had a very easy journey because he joined the Warriors which has a lot of star players so he hasn't really prove anything yet. Maybe this is his time now to prove if he can take his team to the Finals with Irving, of course.

Lebron is tested, as an individual player he is really unstoppable so people believe he is better compared to Durant, but the race is not over yet since both are still active, well, hopefully Durant will not struggle with his team and beat all their opponent in the East.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
April 24, 2020, 05:22:45 AM
Draymond Green says Kevin Durant changed when LeBron James was considered best NBA player after 2017 Finals

Despite Durant winning NBA Finals MVP and beating LeBron James' Cleveland Cavaliers, Green said K.D. was unhappy that James was still considered the better player. Durant averaged 28.5 points, 7.9 rebounds and 4.3 assists on 56/44/89 shooting splits during the 2017 playoffs.

According to Green, Durant's demeanor changed, and he eventually started blaming Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson for not passing him the ball.

Do you believe on Draymond Green's statement here?

Is it really the reason why Durant left for Brooklyn because he want to be the sole star of his team and wants to be called greater than Lebron James?

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
April 24, 2020, 04:58:52 AM
They do have a choice and that is to wait for all of this to be cleared. Their health is more important than money.
Everyone's health.

They can even save more money for patiently waiting for good progress, no need to rush although I know the NBA already knows this.

Somehow we don't know the full terms of those plans that's why we are here just sharing our own thoughts and views. If only we got a glimpse of those, by any chance, we can somehow see and determined how sh*t or not those proposed plans.

Anyhow, those plans, even they are now ready to push for it will surely need first the government's approval so I think that will not be easy to push just because they want it to happen.
Yes everyone's health is more important, once this is end we can see again the NBA play and we can watch again our favorite teams and favorite idols everyone once the game will continue but because of the coronavirus is mandatory to cancelled all the play for the safety of the people who watching in the stadium and also the player because that is crowded and it is prone to get virus easily so we need to pray to end this.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
April 23, 2020, 11:35:53 PM
They do have a choice and that is to wait for all of this to be cleared. Their health is more important than money.
Everyone's health.

They can even save more money for patiently waiting for good progress, no need to rush although I know the NBA already knows this.

Somehow we don't know the full terms of those plans that's why we are here just sharing our own thoughts and views. If only we got a glimpse of those, by any chance, we can somehow see and determined how sh*t or not those proposed plans.

Anyhow, those plans, even they are now ready to push for it will surely need first the government's approval so I think that will not be easy to push just because they want it to happen.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that.
They cannot just march thru their own plans without seeking the approval of the government.
It would mean sacrificing a lot of people by doing it which in the end is the problem of the government.

I am sure they have one of the wisest option out there using their wise team. Hell, they even made a horse game come to reality.
I haven't even thought about it.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
April 23, 2020, 08:11:40 PM
Everyone's health.

Indeed, there still government that also needed to consider before everything will go and push forward, knowing that the  organizations are still under the government rulings. So what we can do right is to wait for any information that will be available in public if everything was settled and ready to continue it will surely be announced and be endorse from the national medias.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
April 23, 2020, 07:52:25 PM
Everyone's health.

Activity: 2086
Merit: 575
April 23, 2020, 04:18:26 PM

We are not talking about size of a hotel and an arena that they can stay, we are talking about all of the involved people to be completely isolated from the outside world which is crazy to think about and definitely unlikely and would be super dangerous but even with all of that in mind, it is logistically an impossible thing that we are asking.

There are 30 teams, with 15 players, that is 450 players that are active, we are talking about a staff of at least 5, more likely 10 with all the coaches and defensive coaches and all asisstant coaches and scouts (they don't just scout the raw talent of high school and college kids, they give valid information on the opponent as well) and doctors etc etc. That puts us at 25 people per team, which is already 750 people. Then they have to find probably at least two big hotels, probably even as much as 5 hotels but lets say just 2 huge hotels, this means all of the people who will work on that hotel will be staying there as well, they can't risk going to their homes and coming back. Lets assume that is between front desk to room service to chefs to house keeping and maintanence and god knows what I am forgetting, that is AT LEAST a 50 men crew, with 2 shifts that is another 100, two hotels makes it 200. We are talking about camera crew, the casters, the linemen for the cables and whatever, the sound people, the light people and the arena crew that will prepare the arena, those are at least another 100 people. We are talking about 1000+ people all staying on the same hotels and never contacting anyone, which requires storages for food and clothes and laundry at a size you wouldn't believe.

Long story short, even if they want to have this, they are either going to risk people, or they are going to pull of the biggest isolation in history of the world that would be at a level that has never been even done at a %10 scale before. I do not see it going on anytime soon, they can relax the rules a bit and do it when all of this gets better and there are less people getting infected and dying.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 278
April 23, 2020, 03:09:42 PM
That is why they were looking at Las Vegas option seriously, they know that Las Vegas has everything you might need for a quarantine option. If you get as many people as you can, between all teams, all staffs, all the workers and basically everything from top to bottom that you can ever think of that would make this a viable option, that would be under 1000 people.

You can literally hire just one building, a hotel or something I don't really know, and put them all in there, then you can just close down one arena and clean it up. Between the place they stay and the place they play the games, those people do not need to face ANYONE outside, it could literally be like a small closed world of theirs without even seeing anyone let alone speaking with them. Hence that was the initial thought.
April 23, 2020, 01:31:13 PM
It will be time consuming and also expensive if they will test them over and over again every game.
Plus, you will need to test the staff too.
Cameraman, floor polishers, etc...
All of them must be clear with the virus and this will happen every game. Instead of having profits, they will just bury themselves with all the expense.
It wouldn't make much sense to keep testing everyone included before every game, rather get them all together ( players, staff and all the rest of support people) in some kind of quarantine and let them play those games. Preferably just skip the  rest of regular season, get all playoff teams together and finish it off, with best of 5 series. Then proceed to the draft, so next season can start in the reasonable time frame.
To sum it up -If they are all quarantined there is no need for constant testing, and if they are not quarantined, virus will almost certainly spread and endanger it all. Organizing something like that, to put so many people n the quarantine wouldn't  be an easy thing to do, but they don't have much choice if they wanna finish this season.

That is not how it will be.
They need to protect every player or else it will be a larger risk for them if suddenly one of them got the virus.

Where they will be staying? In a hotel? Hotel's have their own crew members too that will serve the players.
They still need the rest and they cannot sleep inside the basketball court.
Best of 5 series will still take a long time.

Everyone's health.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
April 23, 2020, 10:49:29 AM
It will be time consuming and also expensive if they will test them over and over again every game.
All of them must be clear with the virus and this will happen every game. Instead of having profits, they will just bury themselves with all the expense.
It wouldn't make much sense to keep testing everyone included before every game, rather get them all together ( players, staff and all the rest of support people) in some kind of quarantine and let them play those games. Preferably just skip the  rest of regular season, get all playoff teams together and finish it off, with best of 5 series. Then proceed to the draft, so next season can start in the reasonable time frame.
To sum it up -If they are all quarantined there is no need for constant testing, and if they are not quarantined, virus will almost certainly spread and endanger it all. Organizing something like that, to put so many people n the quarantine wouldn't  be an easy thing to do, but they don't have much choice if they wanna finish this season.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
April 23, 2020, 09:44:56 AM
The virus will stay for months or years so I think it is best to play without the audience if they are going to continue in a few months(without the vaccine). What I am thinking is the safety of the players. Basketball is a contact sport. Would all the players self isolate after playing with other teams? Would a team all stay in a quarantine place(for example) during the season. How would they know that a player doesn't have the virus, would they get tested once in a while. Because if one player has the virus, the NBA will be fuck. 
If they have a test a test kit that will automatically tell the result after every test, I think this would work. .
What the NBA has to do is just to test everyone who will enter the court and doing that every game is a must, so this way they can play without audience but they can certainly give entertainment to the whole world, this is a big move already, hopefully they'll realize this if they ever plan of this one.

I think that was discussed here before.

I have no idea how much they will spend for every test but I'm sure they will be able to sell more through live streaming if they will ever resume the NBA. Maybe we can try to compute if we know the price per test kit,  so we will be able to determine how much they will spend versus the amount they will earn, and for business like NBA which is a big business, they will surely adjust their rate to still remain profitable, so I don't think they will operate with a lose if the plan will be realize.
April 23, 2020, 09:36:12 AM
The virus will stay for months or years so I think it is best to play without the audience if they are going to continue in a few months(without the vaccine). What I am thinking is the safety of the players. Basketball is a contact sport. Would all the players self isolate after playing with other teams? Would a team all stay in a quarantine place(for example) during the season. How would they know that a player doesn't have the virus, would they get tested once in a while. Because if one player has the virus, the NBA will be fuck. 
If they have a test a test kit that will automatically tell the result after every test, I think this would work. .
What the NBA has to do is just to test everyone who will enter the court and doing that every game is a must, so this way they can play without audience but they can certainly give entertainment to the whole world, this is a big move already, hopefully they'll realize this if they ever plan of this one.

I think that was discussed here before.

Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
April 23, 2020, 08:43:20 AM
Activity: 658
Merit: 126
April 23, 2020, 07:46:26 AM

The real tricky part is, they don't know what could happen tomorrow, let alone know months ahead. So lets say NBA came together and decided that they will have a set spesific period of time for this, lets say month of August to come back and play, well that doesn't mean that it will definitely work, maybe by june or july we will get better, and suddenly on August there is another big spread increase all of a sudden? Is there a guarantee that it won't happen? This is a global pandemic virus, it could go away and come back at anytime, it will NEVER be totally gone, it will always linger, there is no scenario where there is zero infected person on earth. Which is why we need to first make sure we have the cure for it, and if we don't, all the "plans" are for nothing because it may not come real when that date actually comes.

That is the risk the NBA have to think of. They are not really confirming an exact date because just like everybody, they doesn't really know what will happen in the future. I'm sure the officials already think of it and the best that they can do is to weigh a decision that is less risky.

April 22, 2020, 11:13:19 PM
Silver also hinted at changes to the league schedule, saying “all rules are off at this point” while also confirming the NBA would play “significantly later than June” if games do resume.

That's even much difficult to execute compared to my own views which I also posted here before:

a) If ever things got back to normal or numbers of confirmed cases decreased, give another 1-3 months for reassurance that no such thing as another infection will occur

b) They can continue the next season even next year without resetting it as I said they are on 3/4 of the season and just delayed the next season

As for me, I'm with the continuation of the season but not later than June.

So they still have 2 months if compared to your views.
But with this numbers (852,703) of Covi19 affected in their country it might go further than that.
It is not slowing down. I think Trump should make another rule to keep his countrymen in their house.

They will possibly direct the game to the playoffs if it goes longer.
I think, they are still looking forward for the rest of players after the Finals. They should shorten that since they already made a lot of rest now.
It will save them time until they start the next season.
Oh! I almost forgot the draft picks. Everything will be done in fast pace.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
April 22, 2020, 06:19:54 PM
NBA wants to finish rest of the season; start next season in December

Commissioner Adam Silver said if games resume, they would last “significantly later than June,” which would push back the start of a new season in the fall.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/21/nba-schedule-could-be-on-the-verge-of-a-makeover-if-league-restarts.html

I'll be glad if the NBA would finally resume.

However, how about the covid-19, what are their plans if there's still pandemic?
It's easy to say that they will resume based on their expected schedule, but TBH, I'm worried if they will be able to realize it.

I agree on what you have said which giving out resume schedule in spite of the current condition would really be hard.This would only give out false hope if ever
covid havent still yet resolved into that particular time (December).We dont know yet on when vaccine would be available so its really hard to tell
or to pinpoint dates.I know that they are already on that eager situation to make this season resume but if we dont have any choice then theres nothing
we can do about.

Maybe it's best for NBA to put a indefinite untill notice word since they don't know one when they resume and no vaccine for the disease for now so their urge to start this again is totally hard since this disease still uncontrollable so best for now to set up and relax maybe they should think about other alternatives they have NBA2K option which I think best option for now to entertain there fans.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
April 22, 2020, 05:32:55 PM
Silver also hinted at changes to the league schedule, saying “all rules are off at this point” while also confirming the NBA would play “significantly later than June” if games do resume.

That's even much difficult to execute compared to my own views which I also posted here before:

a) If ever things got back to normal or numbers of confirmed cases decreased, give another 1-3 months for reassurance that no such thing as another infection will occur

b) They can continue the next season even next year without resetting it as I said they are on 3/4 of the season and just delayed the next season

As for me, I'm with the continuation of the season but not later than June.

I am wondering what will happen to those who join in this promotion by nitrogensports?

The season hasn't officially ended and looking at NBA's future plan, there is a 0% chance that it will be reset.

That contest of NitrgonSports should proceed.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
April 22, 2020, 04:40:51 PM
The real tricky part is, they don't know what could happen tomorrow, let alone know months ahead. So lets say NBA came together and decided that they will have a set spesific period of time for this, lets say month of August to come back and play, well that doesn't mean that it will definitely work, maybe by june or july we will get better, and suddenly on August there is another big spread increase all of a sudden? Is there a guarantee that it won't happen?
There is no guarantee for anything of course, and there is always a chance that situation might get worse, but you have to start planning how to end up this season, and start the next. If you decide to just wait until all this with virus is sorted and vaccine found, it may pass year or two. NBA will simply have to adapt to this, as will all the other professional leagues.

For example, Spanish Basketball League also plans to continue the season with top 12 teams divided in 2 groups, each team playing 5 games, and then top 2 in each group going to semifinals. NBA system is of course more complicated and such a simple solution wouldn't be an answer, but with some adjustments and shortening both rest of the regular season and playoff, this season could still  be salvaged. And who knows, maybe even next season will have to be played with adjusted rules, but things won't happen by themselves, you have to plan and prepare as best as you can, and hope for the best.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 575
April 22, 2020, 03:13:04 PM

The real tricky part is, they don't know what could happen tomorrow, let alone know months ahead. So lets say NBA came together and decided that they will have a set spesific period of time for this, lets say month of August to come back and play, well that doesn't mean that it will definitely work, maybe by june or july we will get better, and suddenly on August there is another big spread increase all of a sudden? Is there a guarantee that it won't happen? This is a global pandemic virus, it could go away and come back at anytime, it will NEVER be totally gone, it will always linger, there is no scenario where there is zero infected person on earth. Which is why we need to first make sure we have the cure for it, and if we don't, all the "plans" are for nothing because it may not come real when that date actually comes.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
April 22, 2020, 02:56:36 PM
NBA wants to finish rest of the season; start next season in December

Commissioner Adam Silver said if games resume, they would last “significantly later than June,” which would push back the start of a new season in the fall.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/21/nba-schedule-could-be-on-the-verge-of-a-makeover-if-league-restarts.html

I'll be glad if the NBA would finally resume.

However, how about the covid-19, what are their plans if there's still pandemic?
It's easy to say that they will resume based on their expected schedule, but TBH, I'm worried if they will be able to realize it.

I agree on what you have said which giving out resume schedule in spite of the current condition would really be hard.This would only give out false hope if ever
covid havent still yet resolved into that particular time (December).We dont know yet on when vaccine would be available so its really hard to tell
or to pinpoint dates.I know that they are already on that eager situation to make this season resume but if we dont have any choice then theres nothing
we can do about.
Jump to: