Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2625. (Read 899506 times)

Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 01, 2018, 11:28:44 AM
- Wow LeBron is in Los Angeles Lakers. With young players Ball, Kuzma and Ingram he will be the main player and support for them. I think that it will be fine, all of my life I love Lakers - reason Kobe Bryant and I am so happy with LBJ. -
You're late in the news. It has been many weeks ago since the announcement that Lebron signed contract with LA.

Many Kobe Bryant fans here for sure but too bad he doesn't have chance to team up with Lebron, I'm sure many fans here wants to see them play together.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
August 01, 2018, 11:01:12 AM
This is what I think on the following teams I am really following and fan of: Lakers, Warriors and OKC.

LAKERS:
LeBron James is now on hollywood!! This is great. As we all know LeBron is the GOAT. Of course some of you might say that Jordan is still but right now for this generation, they've witnessed LeBron, and that's why they're fanning lebron. LeBron would probably the best inspiration to the young generations of Lakers and I think that those youngstars might become star players someday. But, superstars, we never know. LeBron, will lead the lakers for 4 years. Some rumors says that Kobe might get back to the business and will join LeBron. LOL! That's a complete joke. He destroyed his reputation at the first place for that. All in all I think that Lakers team might get at least 45+ wins this season.

WARRIORS:
They definitely destroyed the NBA by having boogie. LOL! This is the greatest team in the history. 5 fking superstars will start? WOW, that's so bad. How about if let's say Atlanta Hawks will face all 5 superstars that are healthy in warriors? And Schroeder and Kent is injured? That's 50+ point lead lol. NBA is now destroyed thank you Kevin and Demarcus! Cheesy. Oh, take note, they are not building dynasty. It's a destroyer of the league itself Smiley. PUT WARRIORS OUT. I'm an ex-fan of warriors.

OKC:
Bye, Carmelo Anthony! Please, next is Westbrook. Westbrook is one of the player in OKC that brought darkness. What I meant in darkness is that, not great for the team. Although yes a triple double machine. But no, triple double has something behind that.  Wink . Westbrook if you don't know, he's a ballhog and he is always tries to grab all the rebounds, and if he needs assist, he'll shout at you. I'm always watching plays and commentary vids about westbrook and I don't like him. Below 35% three and after he crossed the mid court, he'll shoot three Smiley. Too bad Paul George resign. He should've joined Bron.

NOTE: Those are just my opinion in those 3 NBA teams.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
August 01, 2018, 11:00:23 AM
Ok guys, let move on and not discuss about Melo anymore.  Grin. I'm really interested to see what's the reason behind Paul George opting to stay with OKC despite their poor showing last season. OKC have every reason to suspect that Paul will leave because he wanted to play close to home, with the Los Angeles Lakers. However, it looks like Russ has played a major part and it seems those two are pretty close more than we initially thought. And for me that is the reason why he stayed with OKC, those two are building up some chemistry it and out of the court.

That might be correct.

George became the wingman of Westbrook and both do good when it comes to the offense. Looks like Westbrook found the family that he had been looking for with PG13.  Grin
If that is the case then they might show good stats this season. I believe George is still at his peak and will be showing a better offense once the chemistry goes stronger.
With 3 more years for Steven Adams then they are almost a complete team. They just need Roberson to be back for defense and Schroder to be a good 2nd team point guard in case Westbrook's stamina gets depleted.

Its easier to spot the chemistry between the two. It looks like Westbrook found another "Durant" in the shoes of George and Paul also likes the attitude of Westbrook that's why its a clicked between the 2. Yeah, I still do think that Paul George is still at his prime and that duo can still compete at a high level. They just needed to find the groove and once they found it, they are going to be unstoppable and Thunder games will be exciting to watch now that Melo is gone. Cheesy

Actually I have seen a lot of changes with Westbrook after the All-Star game. It seems like he became more peaceful.
Maybe Durant and him are already okay and that is why they also do high-fives in the All-Star game.

After that, I dont see him in any fight anymore even with the heat of the playoffs. Correct me if I am wrong or link me to a video of a fight of Westbrook after that.

It is a good thing. He aint bitter anymore and trying to open up to other players.

Right. Westbrook doesn't have that animosity and Durant has been saying good stuff as well to Westbrook so it looks like the old wound has healed. Maybe what he really need is someone to look at and perhaps Paul George have fill that gap.x`
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
August 01, 2018, 10:21:58 AM
Ok guys, let move on and not discuss about Melo anymore.  Grin. I'm really interested to see what's the reason behind Paul George opting to stay with OKC despite their poor showing last season. OKC have every reason to suspect that Paul will leave because he wanted to play close to home, with the Los Angeles Lakers. However, it looks like Russ has played a major part and it seems those two are pretty close more than we initially thought. And for me that is the reason why he stayed with OKC, those two are building up some chemistry it and out of the court.

That might be correct.

George became the wingman of Westbrook and both do good when it comes to the offense. Looks like Westbrook found the family that he had been looking for with PG13.  Grin
If that is the case then they might show good stats this season. I believe George is still at his peak and will be showing a better offense once the chemistry goes stronger.
With 3 more years for Steven Adams then they are almost a complete team. They just need Roberson to be back for defense and Schroder to be a good 2nd team point guard in case Westbrook's stamina gets depleted.

Its easier to spot the chemistry between the two. It looks like Westbrook found another "Durant" in the shoes of George and Paul also likes the attitude of Westbrook that's why its a clicked between the 2. Yeah, I still do think that Paul George is still at his prime and that duo can still compete at a high level. They just needed to find the groove and once they found it, they are going to be unstoppable and Thunder games will be exciting to watch now that Melo is gone. Cheesy

Actually I have seen a lot of changes with Westbrook after the All-Star game. It seems like he became more peaceful.
Maybe Durant and him are already okay and that is why they also do high-fives in the All-Star game.

After that, I dont see him in any fight anymore even with the heat of the playoffs. Correct me if I am wrong or link me to a video of a fight of Westbrook after that.

It is a good thing. He aint bitter anymore and trying to open up to other players.
Activity: 490
Merit: 111
August 01, 2018, 09:23:34 AM
- Wow LeBron is in Los Angeles Lakers. With young players Ball, Kuzma and Ingram he will be the main player and support for them. I think that it will be fine, all of my life I love Lakers - reason Kobe Bryant and I am so happy with LBJ. -
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
August 01, 2018, 06:54:16 AM
I read somewhere that Anthony will be Rockets' third option in offense. How come he is better option in offense than Gordon lol? You can compare Gordon with him, Gordon is way over Carmelo's league.
Gordon is better in shooting but not an all around shooter, the length and the strength of melo is a difference maker.
Well, we cannot conclude now, what I am saying is just based on their past performance, if Melo will step up, then for sure Rockets has a chance to be the number 1 in the west again.

Melo stepping up? How? He can't even carry a team now. I will choose Gordon over melo even with their high difference, though melo had the advantage but the heart of Gordon is way bigger than him.
If he continues to the rockets, he would have less ball time knowing he has Chris Paul and James Harden as a teammate. Knowing that last season, he didn't get well with George and Westbrook and had a low scoring point and shorter time during the Playoffs. As I have read in an article.
The good thing with CP3 and Harden they both have good dribbling capabilities and knows how to past the ball well, unlike George and Westbrook which both wanted to score, Melo still have chance proving his skills if given a chance we can't deny that he still got the shooting skills and still can nail a big time shot, it's really an excited season  to watch out.
Activity: 816
Merit: 133
August 01, 2018, 04:04:05 AM
I read somewhere that Anthony will be Rockets' third option in offense. How come he is better option in offense than Gordon lol? You can compare Gordon with him, Gordon is way over Carmelo's league.
Gordon is better in shooting but not an all around shooter, the length and the strength of melo is a difference maker.
Well, we cannot conclude now, what I am saying is just based on their past performance, if Melo will step up, then for sure Rockets has a chance to be the number 1 in the west again.

Melo stepping up? How? He can't even carry a team now. I will choose Gordon over melo even with their high difference, though melo had the advantage but the heart of Gordon is way bigger than him.
If he continues to the rockets, he would have less ball time knowing he has Chris Paul and James Harden as a teammate. Knowing that last season, he didn't get well with George and Westbrook and had a low scoring point and shorter time during the Playoffs. As I have read in an article.
I couldn't agree more, Melo's already facing his last season/s in this generation in which there are a  lot of young talents out there who can contribute and be an asset to an NBA team. Melo already surpasses his prime and now his just trying to survive another season.

Gordon over Melo is a no question. Gordon did play well last season compare to Melo. Skill wise and attitude wise, I must say Gordon is a best fit for the Rockets. He may not be an all around shooter like "Melo"... But he did everything for the rockets and earn probably the respect.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 01, 2018, 03:20:36 AM
Ok guys, let move on and not discuss about Melo anymore.  Grin. I'm really interested to see what's the reason behind Paul George opting to stay with OKC despite their poor showing last season. OKC have every reason to suspect that Paul will leave because he wanted to play close to home, with the Los Angeles Lakers. However, it looks like Russ has played a major part and it seems those two are pretty close more than we initially thought. And for me that is the reason why he stayed with OKC, those two are building up some chemistry it and out of the court.
I know this melo thing will be a question in everyone's minds until season starts but we are talking about melo here, yes he definitely doesn't deserve 27 mil but wouldn't you get a player like melo for 2.5 million a year when you just lost trevor ariza ?

I think rockets did a great move there. Also he still has some game to actually give it a change to rockets offense. They missed 27 threes in a row last season while playing against warriors, worst case melo misses some shots, best case , he prevents them from going 27 in a row. So there is really not much to lose for rockets.
August 01, 2018, 01:16:37 AM
I'm starting to realize that many professional athletes don't care about winning.  They will usually decide to stay with a team because of their family,friendships, the location , or some other reason.  They are getting paid millions to play a sport I doubt they are stressing about whether or not their team will win some trophy.  Of course not all players are like this, some legends really want to build a legacy.
This is why a lot of money has been wasted to sports and they have been earning millions just for playing basketball.

If they lose the game, it's okay they have contracts but if they win the game much better. This has been why it has been one of the biggest industry and many wanted to come in to sports.

Well that's their source of living so they don't care if they want to win or just want a contract.
We cant really deny that Contracts would really be the main aim on most athletes or players yet as being said they do rely their living on such thing which is a common thing. Winning or not it would depend on a certain person but its not surprising for those people who do make such decisions for the sake of money not totally following on the true essence of sports. Who would be the one wont do such thing if we do already talk about millions of dollars? Huh

Its really controversial though, but when big money is involved, everyone listens. I guess you can't blame guys opting to for money, I guess we can call it business as well, they have managers who brokered and look for the better deal for their clients. Winning is everything for most of them, but if you could enjoy the best of both worlds, (making tons of money + winning championships) then why not?
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
July 31, 2018, 05:43:51 PM
I'm starting to realize that many professional athletes don't care about winning.  They will usually decide to stay with a team because of their family,friendships, the location , or some other reason.  They are getting paid millions to play a sport I doubt they are stressing about whether or not their team will win some trophy.  Of course not all players are like this, some legends really want to build a legacy.
This is why a lot of money has been wasted to sports and they have been earning millions just for playing basketball.

If they lose the game, it's okay they have contracts but if they win the game much better. This has been why it has been one of the biggest industry and many wanted to come in to sports.

Well that's their source of living so they don't care if they want to win or just want a contract.
We cant really deny that Contracts would really be the main aim on most athletes or players yet as being said they do rely their living on such thing which is a common thing. Winning or not it would depend on a certain person but its not surprising for those people who do make such decisions for the sake of money not totally following on the true essence of sports. Who would be the one wont do such thing if we do already talk about millions of dollars? Huh
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
July 31, 2018, 05:25:20 PM

That might be correct.

Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
July 31, 2018, 05:04:37 PM

July 31, 2018, 02:18:59 PM

That might be correct.

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
July 31, 2018, 01:24:03 PM

I'm starting to realize that many professional athletes don't care about winning.  They will usually decide to stay with a team because of their family,friendships, the location , or some other reason.  They are getting paid millions to play a sport I doubt they are stressing about whether or not their team will win some trophy.  Of course not all players are like this, some legends really want to build a legacy.

Got me thinking. Since they are being offered and paid good amounts right now perhaps its a easy way out for them not to stress. Gone were the days when players are really chasing for the elusive ring like Barkley or Ewing. And that is their only one goal. Unlike some players who would just wanted to play with each other, enjoy have some fun but at the end of the day, still complaining that they never got a ring during their NBA careers.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
July 31, 2018, 08:41:08 AM
Ok guys, let move on and not discuss about Melo anymore.  Grin. I'm really interested to see what's the reason behind Paul George opting to stay with OKC despite their poor showing last season. OKC have every reason to suspect that Paul will leave because he wanted to play close to home, with the Los Angeles Lakers. However, it looks like Russ has played a major part and it seems those two are pretty close more than we initially thought. And for me that is the reason why he stayed with OKC, those two are building up some chemistry it and out of the court.

July 31, 2018, 08:38:46 AM

Yes, it looks like he lost some of his mentality about the game, specially what has happened to him in New York. Well Grant Hill just injured badly, but he somewhat improved a lot of defence that's why teams are still interested on him. While Carter loves shooting outside and can still put up some points and show flashes of his old self. Anthony though is different, no fire in his eye, no defence, shooting becomes worst.

Grant Hill still proved himself worthy in his Phoenix times with Steve Nash. He can still run with the young players doing a lot of fastbreaks even with the injury that he had.

I guess you are right. There is no more fire in Melo. That kind of game where he could change the flow of it is left in the Denver histories.
After that there were no more explosions from him at New York Knicks. He is lucky that Knicks preserved him there with a good salary.
If I am the Houston Management, I would rather risk it with a young player.

It's rare for a player past the age of 35 to still perform at an elite level.  There are a few examples such as Kareem, Karl Malone, Jordan. etc.  I don't think Carmelo has the work ethic to contribute much to a new team at this point in his career.  Melo was never big on winning, he went to New York for the fame and the money, it wasn't about winning with Anthony.

Correct.
You will see how much a player will bring to the game when he want that championship.
Look at how Jordan even took the Defensive player of the year.  He had nothing to prove those years and yet he still did it.
Hard work and competitiveness, all of that are actually lost in the NBA. They began to just think about the salary.

I am not saying all of them though, but mostly.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
July 31, 2018, 06:33:50 AM
Activity: 2086
Merit: 575
July 31, 2018, 02:43:08 AM
I guess the other thread must be closed now since OP has updated the title.

So everybody can stay with this thread and keep on discussing about the new season.
This has been done once when the OP of the new thread announced it here but unfortunately, many didn't see it and they continued to post here. I think we must migrate in that new thread and the OP of this thread must lock it.
Depends on what's the majority's decision otherwise, dual thread will be at the same section and ideas and thoughts will be divided.

If none of the two give way to close or lock their thread, a mod will lock it.

Locked it, wasn't expecting this one to change.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
July 31, 2018, 02:12:50 AM

July 31, 2018, 01:39:09 AM

Yes, it looks like he lost some of his mentality about the game, specially what has happened to him in New York. Well Grant Hill just injured badly, but he somewhat improved a lot of defence that's why teams are still interested on him. While Carter loves shooting outside and can still put up some points and show flashes of his old self. Anthony though is different, no fire in his eye, no defence, shooting becomes worst.

Grant Hill still proved himself worthy in his Phoenix times with Steve Nash. He can still run with the young players doing a lot of fastbreaks even with the injury that he had.

I guess you are right. There is no more fire in Melo. That kind of game where he could change the flow of it is left in the Denver histories.
After that there were no more explosions from him at New York Knicks. He is lucky that Knicks preserved him there with a good salary.
If I am the Houston Management, I would rather risk it with a young player.

Aww, the truth really hurts, hehehe

@Indamuck, that's the main difference between an elite players like you mentioned, and good players, elite performs consistent even if their body and age says otherwise, while good players, can't cope with the demands and can't evolve and doesn't want to get out of there comfort zone.

@DIA7, he may average above 30 minutes, but if he can't contribute, then I would rather bench him and get players that can help at least in defense, the offense can be taken care of Harden / Paul. Ariza though has left Houston and chooses Phoenix for a 1 year deal.
Jump to: