Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2620. (Read 899506 times)

Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
August 14, 2018, 03:04:29 PM

Yes, or maybe even the 3rd spot.
Why? Strategy. The top teams may try to manipulate the match ups by losing if it needs to be so that they wont face a stronger team on the first round.
I bet they can give 1 to 2 losses just so the wont be facing Lebron James. That takes out the risk of going for the next round and also for preparation to face him in 2nd round or the semis.

Some teams gets shocked when the playoffs begin. It is a different aura there that is why they are losing. Look at Toronto, so strong in the season and yet shocked at what happened.

Yes agree it really happened.

At most of the cases, a certain team will try to avoid facing the team they didn't want especially at first round of playoffs. That's why until the last game of the season, the expectations of who will be matched at the playoffs changed.

Side topic:

Dates that notable players with new teams will be visiting their former teams during the 2018-19 season.

DATE

Carmelo Anthony at OKC   Nov. 8
LeBron James at CLE           Nov. 21
DeAndre Jordan at LAC   Dec. 20
Kawhi Leonard at SA           Jan. 3
Blake Griffin at LAC           Jan. 12
Tony Parker at SA           Jan. 14
DeMar DeRozan at TOR   Feb. 22

Interesting to see how the Cleveland will react to James. The first time he transferred it was really ugly and there are reports that some fans burned James Jersey. But I think Cavs fans will be soft this time, because he was able to bring a trophy (which he promised.) Tony Parker will be embraced by San Antonio and perhaps gives him tribute when he goes back and play on Jan. 14.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
August 14, 2018, 12:56:05 PM
quote author=Reid link=topic=1220979.msg44076921#msg44076921 date=1534259710]

Why? Strategy. The top teams may try to manipulate the match ups by losing if it needs to be so that they wont face a stronger team on the first round.
I bet they can give 1 to 2 losses just so the wont be facing Lebron James. That takes out the risk of going for the next round and also for preparation to face him in 2nd round or the semis.

Some teams gets shocked when the playoffs begin. It is a different aura there that is why they are losing. Look at Toronto, so strong in the season and yet shocked at what happened.
[/quote]

Yes agree it really happened.

At most of the cases, a certain team will try to avoid facing the team they didn't want especially at first round of playoffs. That's why until the last game of the season, the expectations of who will be matched at the playoffs changed.

Side topic:

Dates that notable players with new teams will be visiting their former teams during the 2018-19 season.

DATE

Carmelo Anthony at OKC   Nov. 8
LeBron James at CLE           Nov. 21
DeAndre Jordan at LAC   Dec. 20
Kawhi Leonard at SA           Jan. 3
Blake Griffin at LAC           Jan. 12
Tony Parker at SA           Jan. 14
DeMar DeRozan at TOR   Feb. 22
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
August 14, 2018, 11:15:10 AM
Can't believe the new NBA season is almost here already.  I'm really curious how long Lebron can keep up his elite level of play considering how old he is.  It's extremely impressive how many games James had played without any serious injuries coming straight out of high school to the NBA at 18 years old.  He is one of the most durable players the league has ever seen.

Maybe until his son playing in NBA. Anyway, I'm a fan of Lakers but  I'm pretty sure that this season LeBrown James will not make LA Lakers NBA Finals or even playoffs.
See how strong Western Conference is.

I might agree that there will be no 9th consecutive finals appearance for LeBron James now but for playoffs appearance I believed they will. I don't see how they can't able to finished even at 8th spot on the West. A young and unexperienced Los Angeles Lakers last season finished last season at 11th spot with just 12 games winning behind to the top 8th on the West.

I see Lakers will finished at 4th to 5th spot on the West.

legendary
August 14, 2018, 04:35:17 AM
Can't believe the new NBA season is almost here already.  I'm really curious how long Lebron can keep up his elite level of play considering how old he is.  It's extremely impressive how many games James had played without any serious injuries coming straight out of high school to the NBA at 18 years old.  He is one of the most durable players the league has ever seen.

Maybe until his son playing in NBA. Anyway, I'm a fan of Lakers but  I'm pretty sure that this season LeBrown James will not make LA Lakers NBA Finals or even playoffs.

I might agree that there will be no 9th consecutive finals appearance for LeBron James now but for playoffs appearance I believed they will. I don't see how they can't able to finished even at 8th spot on the West. A young and unexperienced Los Angeles Lakers last season finished last season at 11th spot with just 12 games winning behind to the top 8th on the West.

I see Lakers will finished at 4th to 5th spot on the West.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 509
AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!
August 13, 2018, 11:04:17 PM
Can't believe the new NBA season is almost here already.  I'm really curious how long Lebron can keep up his elite level of play considering how old he is.  It's extremely impressive how many games James had played without any serious injuries coming straight out of high school to the NBA at 18 years old.  He is one of the most durable players the league has ever seen.

Maybe until his son playing in NBA. Anyway, I'm a fan of Lakers but  I'm pretty sure that this season LeBrown James will not make LA Lakers NBA Finals or even playoffs.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
August 13, 2018, 10:54:23 PM
Though he's not getting any younger, and we know that mentally, he can still manage to play the game smartly, but physically, he's aged. And this will somehow affect some of his famous monster moves that he is known for. His movement will now be limited, but we all know that his passion and dedication will always  be there, and I think that's the important attitude being a winner.
legendary
August 13, 2018, 04:10:52 PM

Overall that moving the 3 points line back further is a non sense idea to me.
I got his point but these changes would really have a very very long debate on having such decision. Changing 3 point line so that there would be no players can easily shoot 3's? It do definitely lose out the the balance on the game yet players would play mid-range which I cant deny its a good view but make it all balance would still be preferred.

Just to add, there will be no changes if 3 point line will be moved further back. They will still kill the perimeter area so still it will not solved the lack of physcial actions that everyone want to see like way back 90' etc. or where lots of big man are still present in the league. Again the current era lacks of pure big man that's why we can't compare the actions to past era.

The pistons really screwed that draft up.  They could of selected Bosh, Wade, or Melo and became a dynasty.  There is no reason the Pistons couldn't have won 3-4 rings with one of those players added to that legendary defensive squad.  Since those Pistons teams were heavily defense oriented Wade/Melo/Bosh would of gave them an enormous offensive boost.

If they picked Melo or Wade back then I don't see Pistons role players will able to show their true potential. Detroit Pistons that year doesn't have a main man but instead all of them are contributing. Their team was composed of role players. Dwade and Melo's first season in their respective team are more of isolation plays meaning most of the plays are focused on them. Wade on Pistons will shadowed Billups position, Melo's positon will shadowed Tayshaun Prince and Rip Hamilton's position.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
August 13, 2018, 02:56:46 PM

He is a freak of nature. Lets look at the 2003 NBA draft batch:

1    LeBron James
   2    Darko Miličić    
   3    Carmelo Anthony
   4    Chris Bosh
   5    Dwyane Wade
   6    Chris Kaman
   7    Kirk Hinrich    
    8    T. J. Ford
   9    Michael Sweetney    
   10    Jarvis Hayes

We can clearly see that most of the players there are gone or never heard and didn't last that long. And those who have the same staying power as Lebron, their games have dramatically suffered. And the last time we see someone goes to NBA right out of high school is... wait for it.... Kwame Brown (2001).... Grin

The pistons really screwed that draft up.  They could of selected Bosh, Wade, or Melo and became a dynasty.  There is no reason the Pistons couldn't have won 3-4 rings with one of those players added to that legendary defensive squad.  Since those Pistons teams were heavily defense oriented Wade/Melo/Bosh would of gave them an enormous offensive boost.

Yes, but they did select Darko amongst the list, however, as far as I can remember, coach Brown that time wanted Darko to play out of his comfort zone, which eventually didn't go any good for him and there are times that he will snapped as well. Also, remember that he was very young at that time and with no guidance, away from his family that greatly contributed to his performance and eventually quitting the game for good to go back to Serbia and attend to his mother.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 13, 2018, 01:57:38 PM

1    LeBron James
   2    Darko Miličić    
   3    Carmelo Anthony
   4    Chris Bosh
   5    Dwyane Wade
   6    Chris Kaman
   7    Kirk Hinrich    
    8    T. J. Ford
   9    Michael Sweetney    
   10    Jarvis Hayes

We can clearly see that most of the players there are gone or never heard and didn't last that long. And those who have the same staying power as Lebron, their games have dramatically suffered. And the last time we see someone goes to NBA right out of high school is... wait for it.... Kwame Brown (2001).... Grin

The pistons really screwed that draft up.  They could of selected Bosh, Wade, or Melo and became a dynasty.  There is no reason the Pistons couldn't have won 3-4 rings with one of those players added to that legendary defensive squad.  Since those Pistons teams were heavily defense oriented Wade/Melo/Bosh would of gave them an enormous offensive boost.

Well lebron is investing a lot of money on his physical preparations so i think it's just paying off that he's playing at such a high level considering his age. And i agree. Darko is arguably one of the biggest busts in draft history with all those drafted after him being more deserving to be picked higher.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
August 13, 2018, 12:49:14 PM

1    LeBron James
   2    Darko Miličić    
   3    Carmelo Anthony
   4    Chris Bosh
   5    Dwyane Wade
   6    Chris Kaman
   7    Kirk Hinrich    
    8    T. J. Ford
   9    Michael Sweetney    
   10    Jarvis Hayes

August 13, 2018, 12:48:26 PM

Trading will not solved it. I like him to stay at New York Knicks. That team drafted him so it means much to him. Good thing he is on New York Knicks because now he's not on shadow of any superstar unlike when Carmelo Anthony was still on the team. It's a good opportunity to show what he can do more as their main scorer.

He can consider transferring to other team if he will eye for championship at early age but today, I don't see that he will be traded. NYK knows his potential too and for sure they are thinking every season how will they improved their team.

Yes I also agree.
His skills are seen because of the lack of superstars in New York Knicks.
He can showcase it anytime just like how Nowitzki did when he was at Dallas.
One thing that must be done. He must be preserved by the management.
If they will release him then they might be the one at loss. He just needs a little help to push it forward to the playoffs.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
August 13, 2018, 12:20:34 PM

1    LeBron James
   2    Darko Miličić    
   3    Carmelo Anthony
   4    Chris Bosh
   5    Dwyane Wade
   6    Chris Kaman
   7    Kirk Hinrich    
    8    T. J. Ford
   9    Michael Sweetney    
   10    Jarvis Hayes

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
August 13, 2018, 11:35:11 AM
legendary
Merit: 1140
August 13, 2018, 11:32:21 AM
I think the league should seriously consider moving the 3 point line back further.  NBA games have become a 3 point shooting contest with a serious lack of inside play.  There is practically no mid range game anymore. 

There are many factors to consider it done. The thing I think that is the standardization of the three point line. If you want to move the three point line farther away from the basket, then all the specs of the court will also be changed. And basically 3pointers are evolution of shotmaking, maybe to avoid injury.

I got his point but these changes would really have a very very long debate on having such decision. Changing 3 point line so that there would be no players can easily shoot 3's? It do definitely lose out the the balance on the game yet players would play mid-range which I cant deny its a good view but make it all balance would still be preferred.
legendary
August 13, 2018, 11:19:24 AM
I think the league should seriously consider moving the 3 point line back further.  NBA games have become a 3 point shooting contest with a serious lack of inside play.  There is practically no mid range game anymore. 

There are many factors to consider it done. The thing I think that is the standardization of the three point line. If you want to move the three point line farther away from the basket, then all the specs of the court will also be changed. And basically 3pointers are evolution of shotmaking, maybe to avoid injury.

Regarding @Porzingis, yes I believed he is a good players however, its just bad that he landed on a mediocre team right now. Lots of potential on this young guy and I hope he traded on a team that he can develop and blossom like a superstar.

Trading will not solved it. I like him to stay at New York Knicks. That team drafted him so it means much to him. Good thing he is on New York Knicks because now he's not on shadow of any superstar unlike when Carmelo Anthony was still on the team. It's a good opportunity to show what he can do more as their main scorer.

He can consider transferring to other team if he will eye for championship at early age but today, I don't see that he will be traded. NYK knows his potential too and for sure they are thinking every season how will they improved their team.
August 12, 2018, 05:05:44 PM

Kind of excited with that.

How about Kristaps Porzingis.
Somehow we see a Dirk Nowitzki with a better blocking percentage below the rim.
When his shooting percentage gets higher this will be a mam than cannot be reached.
Imagine someone who can post up and make deep perimeter shooting. It will be a WOW to watch him making perfection of his new style.

It will be more likely that he will be like a forward position too for spacing.
He is still young but he already showed his potential as a big man in the future.
The sad thing is that he belongs to a shitty team, I hope this will stay healthy and to team up with another superstar, like Lebron James.
Porzingis is like a hidden gem in NBA. He is in the shitty team at this moment but in the next few years, many will try to get him because his performance levels up every year.

He has a potential to be an all star in the next years. I will not be surprised if he will be on a team with some all star players like Rockets maybe or Celtics or maybe Lakers and will team up with Lebron Cheesy.
Something like a Garnett of the Twolves or Nowitzki of the Dallas.
He just needs that better pointguard and a forward to help in the inside game.
Maybe an average 2nd team if ever he misses some game so someone could catch up and not lose a game for thd ranking in the playoffs.
But I am telling you all, this kid got a lot of skills in him. Just more polishing can give him an MVP if he works hard. Blocks, points, rebounds and assist can be dont by those kind of heights.

Yeah I agree with you. He is a very athletic guy and with his height, some players with almost the same height as him cannot do what he can do. I remember one time when the Greek Freak acted as their point guard in Bucks late around 2015 or 2016 if I remember correctly.

He is still young I think and he has needs to improve himself and at the same time, be with a team that can help him in his improvement. I wish Porzingis will be traded in the next trading season with a good team. He doesn't belong with his team right now.

Perhaps the team just wont let it.
He is young and being a good player is a bad thing for other players. They will be buried and might get a little lower salary if Porzingis will eat the remaining salary cap. They can prevent it by making bad plays for him.
Mafia on the insislde.

But as I have seen in some videos of him, he is really working the hell out.
Just like Dirk, he is making improvements with his perimeters and trying to perfect it.
A monster will be born, just a little more push.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1040
Catalog Websites
August 12, 2018, 09:41:40 AM

When his shooting percentage gets higher this will be a mam than cannot be reached.
Imagine someone who can post up and make deep perimeter shooting. It will be a WOW to watch him making perfection of his new style.

He is still young but he already showed his potential as a big man in the future.
The sad thing is that he belongs to a shitty team, I hope this will stay healthy and to team up with another superstar, like Lebron James.
Porzingis is like a hidden gem in NBA. He is in the shitty team at this moment but in the next few years, many will try to get him because his performance levels up every year.

He has a potential to be an all star in the next years. I will not be surprised if he will be on a team with some all star players like Rockets maybe or Celtics or maybe Lakers and will team up with Lebron Cheesy.
Maybe an average 2nd team if ever he misses some game so someone could catch up and not lose a game for thd ranking in the playoffs.
But I am telling you all, this kid got a lot of skills in him. Just more polishing can give him an MVP if he works hard. Blocks, points, rebounds and assist can be dont by those kind of heights.

Yeah I agree with you. He is a very athletic guy and with his height, some players with almost the same height as him cannot do what he can do. I remember one time when the Greek Freak acted as their point guard in Bucks late around 2015 or 2016 if I remember correctly.

He is still young I think and he has needs to improve himself and at the same time, be with a team that can help him in his improvement. I wish Porzingis will be traded in the next trading season with a good team. He doesn't belong with his team right now.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 602
August 11, 2018, 08:22:15 PM

it's mind blowing how good he is now at his age and what he can be later on. That physic he have and the skill set he have and work ethic
 will take him places with proper internsive training he’s going to be an absolute monster for a long long time. but it's possible that the Knicks trade him for a bunch of teenagers that will never reach the half of potentiel he got it always have been their way they will try to bring him back around XMAS but i don't expect to see him player more then 20mpg on average untill he feels that he can a full game couple games before the playoffs should be enough to get him back in shape.
August 11, 2018, 06:58:08 PM

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
August 11, 2018, 12:39:59 PM

I'm sure that the 3 point share have been implemented not to avoid injury, but to give players especially guards during the late 70's to early 80's a chance to score. Because that time, the big man used to dominate the game.

Regarding @Porzingis, yes I believed he is a good players however, its just bad that he landed on a mediocre team right now. Lots of potential on this young guy and I hope he traded on a team that he can develop and blossom like a superstar.
Jump to: