Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 488. (Read 903725 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1313
July 14, 2023, 07:45:01 PM
NBA management accepted the Chicago Bulls' offer. Lonzo Ball will not play officially next season!
Lonzo Ball will receive just $10.2 million next season.
It's a bad situation for Lonzo Ball's career.

Just a clarification, Lonzo Ball's current contract with the Chicago Bulls remains as it is.

The $10.2 Million is not Lonzo's salary next season but rather NBA allows the Chicago Bulls to use an extra $10.2M over the allowed salary cap space of the team to fill Lonzo's absence this season. In a much simpler explanation, the Bulls can sign another player, either they will fish on the free agency or trade their player that is currently on the final contract. However, they can only give a 1-year deal agreement to that player.

Honestly, that was a big help for the Chicago Bulls to somehow fill what Lonzo's left. I hope they will be able to land a good role player that can blend well into the current roster. It's not a secret that Lonzo is a big help for the Chicago Bulls prior to the injury and really blends well with their main cast e.g DeMar DeRozan, Zach Lavine, Nikola Vucevic, Alex Caruso, etc.

Thanks for the correct explanation. I understood differently, I'm sorry about that.
This is a positive situation for the Chicago Bulls. In this way, they can replace Lonzo with someone else.
EFS
staff
Activity: 3822
Merit: 2123
Crypto Swap Exchange
July 14, 2023, 07:06:22 PM
I think the Bulls made the only right decision by applying for a Disabled Player Exception because it will allow them to sign a free agent who can probably partially compensate for the loss of Lonzo. Anyway, it's certainly not good for Lonzo because his NBA career will likely be over soon. At least, I don't really believe that he will be able to get back to his former playing shape after such an injury and multiple surgeries.

He had a 4-year $85 million contract but he will miss whole next season so it was the only choice for Bulls. Knee injuries have career-ending effect. I don't think he could play at NBA level even if he got better after not playing for 2 seasons. The career of a promising young player has come to an end. Bulls have made room in the salary cap, they can get a new player but difficult days continue for Ball.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 2229
July 14, 2023, 06:54:39 PM
NBA management accepted the Chicago Bulls' offer. Lonzo Ball will not play officially next season!

I think the Bulls made the only right decision by applying for a Disabled Player Exception because it will allow them to sign a free agent who can probably partially compensate for the loss of Lonzo. Anyway, it's certainly not good for Lonzo because his NBA career will likely be over soon. At least, I don't really believe that he will be able to get back to his former playing shape after such an injury and multiple surgeries.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
July 14, 2023, 06:36:55 PM

Just a clarification, Lonzo Ball's current contract with the Chicago Bulls remains as it is.

The $10.2 Million is not Lonzo's salary next season but rather NBA allows the Chicago Bulls to use an extra $10.2M over the allowed salary cap space of the team to fill Lonzo's absence this season. In a much simpler explanation, the Bulls can sign another player, either they will fish on the free agency or trade their player that is currently on the final contract. However, they can only give a 1-year deal agreement to that player.

Honestly, that was a big help for the Chicago Bulls to somehow fill what Lonzo's left. I hope they will be able to land a good role player that can blend well into the current roster. It's not a secret that Lonzo is a big help for the Chicago Bulls prior to the injury and really blends well with their main cast e.g DeMar DeRozan, Zach Lavine, Nikola Vucevic, Alex Caruso, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1313
July 14, 2023, 04:55:45 PM
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1415
July 14, 2023, 04:05:09 PM
Reports are coming out stating that James Harden is done in a Sixers uniform. Apparently he has had some disagreements with the GM of the Sixers and doesn’t want to play in Philly anymore. Shocker, Harden and Kyrie Irving can’t find places to be happy… People close to Harden are saying he has his heart set on playing for the Clippers this season.

I've seen the news about Clippers too. There's a pretty good squad there, I think Harden can play very well on a team like this. The Clippers are negotiating with a few more players, if they can continue to strengthen the roster, we will see a very good team in the Playoffs. This may be why Harden is so insistent on the Clippers Smiley

I mean a backcourt with Harden amd russ in it what can go wrong lol.  Not that I'm not a fan of either but that seems like fitting a square in a round hole, some things don't make sense and this wouldn't be one of them.  If they made that happen that literally will be the outcome of just throwing stars together to see if they can male it work. Harden isn't the answer for the clips.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1117
July 14, 2023, 03:18:02 PM
Watching both of Wemby's games, I can state that of course there are weakness to his play and there are strong sides. The positive part is that he is a 7'5 I guess player and he can dribble the ball like a point guard, that's a rare thing to find and definitely does resemble Kevin Durant a bit, but even taller to be fair. That is a great thing, he can shoot the ball, score, and dribble and make his own shot and to be at that height and do that is a giant achievement.

The negative is that he forced his shots, maybe it was due to being summer league and players around him weren't all that amazing, but he should have passed a bit more, forcing his shots never made sense. On defense he is an elite help defender thanks to his size, but when posted up, it becomes an issue.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
July 14, 2023, 03:12:28 PM
Reports are coming out stating that James Harden is done in a Sixers uniform. Apparently he has had some disagreements with the GM of the Sixers and doesn’t want to play in Philly anymore. Shocker, Harden and Kyrie Irving can’t find places to be happy… People close to Harden are saying he has his heart set on playing for the Clippers this season.

I've seen the news about Clippers too. There's a pretty good squad there, I think Harden can play very well on a team like this. The Clippers are negotiating with a few more players, if they can continue to strengthen the roster, we will see a very good team in the Playoffs. This may be why Harden is so insistent on the Clippers Smiley

It is surprising because Harden mentioned before that he is happy in Philly and I believe it. The disagreement caused him to demand another trade. Honestly, the Clippers on paper are a great team but I am losing hope in Kawhi Leonard's ability to play a complete season or the playoffs. And just like Portland's approach to Lillard's trade demand, Philly will also shop Harden to other teams in case they can get better returns in this trade.

I felt bad for Embiid here, the current MVP lost an important teammate and there is no assurance that they will get another star player for Harden's replacement.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 680
July 14, 2023, 03:09:16 PM

This guy is just ridiculous.

He chose his player option to basically stay in Philly but now he hates it AGAIN and wants to go. He had the choice to become a free agent. These clowns are having contracts they signed. How dare them requested trade after trade. There should be a rule that teams may terminate contracts if players do that.

Players expect to get paid, so the team can expect performance and not some diva behaviour.  3 trade requests in 3 years, when will teams finally wake up and give him a minimum contract, he is not worth the trouble in my eyes.

Yes its the way their are, not matter what they claim their are, they dont have any modesty. They are 100% Ego, and they want like a crybaby all in the way they want, and if this its not happening they start to make this things.

Really sad to see so good players wasted for this behavior.
I was about to write similar things to these thoughts. I am so sick of these divas acting out like this. Enough is enough. I am not so sure and knowledgeable in this issue but the contracts of players are too player-sided, as far as I know from a youtube video. That is why they can act like this. James Harden and Kyrie Irving are the biggest and maybe Durant is after them about these trade drama. If I was a team owner or GM, I would rather just go to a rebuild instead of dealing with these people. Anyway, I don't think these three players can get any title from now on anyways.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
July 14, 2023, 02:12:37 PM
-snip-

Mostly in the playoffs but when they faced the Nuggets in the WCF, they almost lost to all factors and that became a reason why they've been swept by now the reigning champion in the league. Height wasn't really a factor inside the paint though, it's just that Anthony Davis cannot focus on his role and defend the paint because the guys outside the perimeter also needed some help as they weren't acting what needs to be done.
Not only in WCF, but indeed the Lakers can't beat the Nuggets, I'm not even sure the Lakers can just keep up with the Nuggets.
From the last meeting, it can be confirmed that the Nuggets are indeed the strongest in the western region plus they have Nikola Jokic and also LeBron James who can make the Nuggets have a good game from start to finish.
For the next season I still have faith in the Nuggets so they can create an amazing series and a win.

Yes, I have no doubt about that as well. In fact, the Denver Nuggets will be more dangerous in the upcoming season because they are now more experienced and much more mature to know what should they do in a certain instances, moreover, I got zero doubts that they can still claim the #1 seed in the Western Conference. Any team can take that place of course but that will not last long enough because the Nuggets will aggressively get what is rightfully theirs in their return to get the first seed.

A nice one to expect from the Nuggets, since all the teams are preparing to compete against them.

They needed to defend the title and if my memory serve it right, the last back-to-back champ was the Golden state warriors
almost a grand-slam if only KD and Thompson were healthy during the finals.

Now, it was the Lakers, Bucks, then the warriors again and now it's Nuggets term to protect and will try to stay on top,
still young squad with now a good experienced, they can really compete and may continue to stay on top.

A team that has a player who changed how NBA should be played have a much higher chance to win the championship and since that team is the Nuggets because they have Nikola Jokic, we can say that they can defend their title just right. Plus, they got Aaron Gordon and Jamal Murray to handle the rest, and few younger ones to help their core.

It's just the same when the Golden State Warriors was on their highest, they too have changed the NBA especially with the arrival of Curry which completes the whole squad. But now, it's already different as their big three is somewhat old already and not expected to be on their best just like on their younger years.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
July 14, 2023, 01:37:22 PM
-snip-

Mostly in the playoffs but when they faced the Nuggets in the WCF, they almost lost to all factors and that became a reason why they've been swept by now the reigning champion in the league. Height wasn't really a factor inside the paint though, it's just that Anthony Davis cannot focus on his role and defend the paint because the guys outside the perimeter also needed some help as they weren't acting what needs to be done.
Not only in WCF, but indeed the Lakers can't beat the Nuggets, I'm not even sure the Lakers can just keep up with the Nuggets.
From the last meeting, it can be confirmed that the Nuggets are indeed the strongest in the western region plus they have Nikola Jokic and also LeBron James who can make the Nuggets have a good game from start to finish.
For the next season I still have faith in the Nuggets so they can create an amazing series and a win.

Yes, I have no doubt about that as well. In fact, the Denver Nuggets will be more dangerous in the upcoming season because they are now more experienced and much more mature to know what should they do in a certain instances, moreover, I got zero doubts that they can still claim the #1 seed in the Western Conference. Any team can take that place of course but that will not last long enough because the Nuggets will aggressively get what is rightfully theirs in their return to get the first seed.

A nice one to expect from the Nuggets, since all the teams are preparing to compete against them.

They needed to defend the title and if my memory serve it right, the last back-to-back champ was the Golden state warriors
almost a grand-slam if only KD and Thompson were healthy during the finals.

Now, it was the Lakers, Bucks, then the warriors again and now it's Nuggets term to protect and will try to stay on top,
still young squad with now a good experienced, they can really compete and may continue to stay on top.
Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!
July 14, 2023, 01:36:08 PM

He chose his player option to basically stay in Philly but now he hates it AGAIN and wants to go. He had the choice to become a free agent. These clowns are having contracts they signed. How dare them requested trade after trade. There should be a rule that teams may terminate contracts if players do that.

Players expect to get paid, so the team can expect performance and not some diva behaviour.  3 trade requests in 3 years, when will teams finally wake up and give him a minimum contract, he is not worth the trouble in my eyes.

Yes its the way their are, not matter what they claim their are, they dont have any modesty. They are 100% Ego, and they want like a crybaby all in the way they want, and if this its not happening they start to make this things.

I guess that will happen once you are already seeing the horizon in the midst of the sundown of your career and yet, you still don't have any chip on your shoulder, so now, you will be moving as fast as possible because you just cannot feel that you can have what you want in your present team. But the thing is, not everyone is destined to be a champion even if you were once a monster in your younger years.

And that is what happening right now to James Harden, he just wanted Philly not because he see his chance to win the championship but because he just wanted a way out from the Nets, and now, he wanted to be in the right team that can provide him what he wanted. But I doubt that will happen though, he is becoming a liability instead of an asset.

Part of James Harden’s complaint is the way his contract negotiations were handled by the GM. He alluded to being lied to about signing a deal and getting a trade and now feels he needs to force the situation a little bit. He’s like a mini-Kyrie though. He just wants to play with friends and make millions. I guess I don’t blame him but I won’t be surprised when he retires without a ring.

Mostly probably, they cannot accept the fact that their words doesn't matter anymore as it feels like it don't weigh anything because the team is not hearing a single thing they are saying as the team believes that their time to demand is over.

It's their time to obey the team now if they still wanted to keep on playing professionally, it will be hard for them of course to wrap all these things in their head because they used to be an asset to a team which give them the right to give a call on what they wanted but times have changed, they aren't the ones who they used to be.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1523
July 14, 2023, 01:16:05 PM

Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
July 14, 2023, 01:15:10 PM
-snip-

Activity: 2926
Merit: 657
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
July 14, 2023, 01:07:15 PM
And that is what happening right now to James Harden, he just wanted Philly not because he see his chance to win the championship but because he just wanted a way out from the Nets, and now, he wanted to be in the right team that can provide him what he wanted. But I doubt that will happen though, he is becoming a liability instead of an asset.

With his value in terms of money, I say he is not the same player who carries the Houston Rockets to its success before.  Maybe it's just normal when a star player join with another star player because their will be a change of strategy, like when Harden was with the Houston, he used to make all the decisions or the play to be specific, but when he joined Joel Embiid, he cannot do that anymore as the latter is the franchise player. In addition, he is also aging and has become a bit of injury prone player, so overall, his value has really diminish.

Pairing with Embiid is quite good, but playing with other stars who are playing with them I guess it didn't work out the way
Harden project about his transfer to Philly.

thinking maybe he can serve as the main alpha and Embiid will listen to him and be the man who will show respect and adjustment
for the rest to follow.

And in terms of value, I wouldn't disagree with that. His aging and his game is no longer the same when he's still in his prime.

I believe that he can command anybody if the players of the same roster are still seeing his capabilities but that is not the case because James Harden has become unpredictable, nobody would want to follow someone if they are not displaying something to be a model for them, nobody can tell anymore when will he provide those good points to help the team because most of the time, his game night are so silent. Very silent that Tyrese Maxey is getting more points compared to him.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
July 14, 2023, 12:43:25 PM

With his value in terms of money, I say he is not the same player who carries the Houston Rockets to its success before.  Maybe it's just normal when a star player join with another star player because their will be a change of strategy, like when Harden was with the Houston, he used to make all the decisions or the play to be specific, but when he joined Joel Embiid, he cannot do that anymore as the latter is the franchise player. In addition, he is also aging and has become a bit of injury prone player, so overall, his value has really diminish.

Pairing with Embiid is quite good, but playing with other stars who are playing with them I guess it didn't work out the way
Harden project about his transfer to Philly.

thinking maybe he can serve as the main alpha and Embiid will listen to him and be the man who will show respect and adjustment
for the rest to follow.

And in terms of value, I wouldn't disagree with that. His aging and his game is no longer the same when he's still in his prime.
donator
Activity: 4760
Merit: 4323
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
July 14, 2023, 11:52:59 AM

Players expect to get paid, so the team can expect performance and not some diva behaviour.  3 trade requests in 3 years, when will teams finally wake up and give him a minimum contract, he is not worth the trouble in my eyes.

I guess that will happen once you are already seeing the horizon in the midst of the sundown of your career and yet, you still don't have any chip on your shoulder, so now, you will be moving as fast as possible because you just cannot feel that you can have what you want in your present team. But the thing is, not everyone is destined to be a champion even if you were once a monster in your younger years.

Part of James Harden’s complaint is the way his contract negotiations were handled by the GM. He alluded to being lied to about signing a deal and getting a trade and now feels he needs to force the situation a little bit. He’s like a mini-Kyrie though. He just wants to play with friends and make millions. I guess I don’t blame him but I won’t be surprised when he retires without a ring.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 344
win lambo...
July 14, 2023, 11:09:28 AM

Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
July 14, 2023, 11:01:46 AM

Players expect to get paid, so the team can expect performance and not some diva behaviour.  3 trade requests in 3 years, when will teams finally wake up and give him a minimum contract, he is not worth the trouble in my eyes.

legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 1130
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
July 14, 2023, 10:57:32 AM
Nothing will change though as the decision is already done and they already part-ways that's already concluded.
And that's why they should've just ended that decision with CP3 assuming it's Isiah Thomas who did it and forget about any statement from them. All they have to do was apologize to Isiah if it is not really true. The issue already died but their statement made it live again.

I doubt that's Daryl Morey (PBO of 76ers), chances are that the GM with disagreement with him is Elton Brand. Daryl Morey is like the agent of James Harden, he had been pulling him wherever he will go. From the Rockets and when he was moved to the 76ers too. The only delay is when Harden went to the Brooklyn Nets.
It looks like they are planning to pile up near Kawhi. Westbrook stayed even with a small contract. Or, could it be that the owner of the Clippers is that good at inviting players? Cheesy
What do they see with the Clippers? I am kind of intrigued. Kawhi Leonard is injury prone and they don't really have the best bench there. Perhaps even if Steve Ballmer cuts the offer for James, he would still accept it. Damn, that will be an All-Star team with him, and that almost completes their first five filled with stars. The only position left is a superstar center.
Jump to: