Pages:
Author

Topic: 215 posts merited (by me) in just over 3 minutes–What’s got over me? (v 44.0) - page 4. (Read 3339 times)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960
100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!
when it comes to giving merits it never seems to need that much analysis.  A post either reaches the threshold of being worthy of merit or it doesn't (in my mind at least), though I could exactly describe how a post meets that threshold. 

Exactly. Just because you have money in the bank, it doesn't mean you have to spend it. In fact, if you spend the money unwisely, it may just be an indication that you are overpaid.

That is comparing apples and oranges last time I checked the money in my bank doesnt magically get topped off every month if I spend it.

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
I wish I have such problems as too many smerits  Grin.

Never happened to me, because I created some time ago a list of posts which I want to merit and is growing a lot faster as incoming merits.

Taking into consideration, that I awarded almost every post with only one merit, this OP strategy would be fully applicable, but I am not so good in hoarding merits, as a majority of members in this thread. Despite, I am in the 100 most merited club.

I think there are so many valuable posts on the forum, that there is just no need to go back, to previous awarded posts and merit them again.

Of course, different members have different reasons behind meriting this same posts a couple of times and are free to do what they wish, but taking into consideration, how many high-quality posts are still not merited, I would rather vouch for a different approach.

There are already special threads, were merit sources and other members are able to find not merited posts and members. Maybe this is a good place for search if one has a couple of merits to give away.

I have seen a great thread from Suchmoon lately, Users that you should merit. In this thread, every member can ask for a detailed list of his not merited or rarely merited members.

This thread is a great place to check if there are problems with too many smerits to give away in a short period of time.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
I've been thinking of a way to "unload" my own stash of sMerit for a while now. In the past weeks, I managed to reduce it from 560 to currently 461. I was thinking of only re-meriting users who don't have enough for Legendary rank yet.

Lately, I've sent extra Merit to a few users who deserve to rank up and were close. I'd also like to continue this by sending larger batches to a small number of users. FWP Merit source dilemmas Cheesy

I know one of those users pushing hard to gain a certain amount of merits before a certain date to achieve a difficult to see merit vs status combination.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I can only say that DdmrDdmr is probably one of the most active merit sender on this forum and for sure one who is send most merits in 30 minutes.
Challenge accepted Cheesy I'll wait until my scraper is done, so I can use the maximum number of page loads per minute Tongue

I gave it a rethink, and have decided to go on a second sMerit awarding spree from my personal batch. As before, my intention was to re-merit some posts that I had already merited previously (thus no need for me to review the post’s content) in order to get rid of my personal sMerits in a coherent manner.
I've been thinking of a way to "unload" my own stash of sMerit for a while now. In the past weeks, I managed to reduce it from 560 to currently 461. I was thinking of only re-meriting users who don't have enough for Legendary rank yet.

Lately, I've sent extra Merit to a few users who deserve to rank up and were close. I'd also like to continue this by sending larger batches to a small number of users. FWP Merit source dilemmas Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
when it comes to giving merits it never seems to need that much analysis.  A post either reaches the threshold of being worthy of merit or it doesn't (in my mind at least), though I could exactly describe how a post meets that threshold. 

Exactly. Just because you have money in the bank, it doesn't mean you have to spend it. In fact, if you spend the money unwisely, it may just be an indication that you are overpaid.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I can only say that DdmrDdmr is probably one of the most active merit sender on this forum and for sure one who is send most merits in 30 minutes. Since I get good % of my merits from him, I can only say thanks for good work and wish him good holidays⛵

If he say where he will spend his holidays, maybe someone can buy him a beer or something like that🍹🍨
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1242
sMerits railgun!!  Grin Grin
Thank you DdmrDdmr for your appreciate work!
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
Got a rare footage from today's DdmrDdmr merit spree.

legendary
Version 2.0  - 19/07/2019 ( 278 profiles merited (by me) in 30 minutes)

I gave it a rethink, and have decided to go on a second sMerit awarding spree from my personal batch. As before, my intention was to re-merit some posts that I had already merited previously (thus no need for me to review the post’s content) in order to get rid of my personal sMerits in a coherent manner. Since I normally award sMerits in TX of 1 (for the most), this allows me to lose my close to Ebenezer Scrooge complex when awarding sMerits, for a short interval of time at least.

I have currently merited 513 different profiles. Since my personal sMerit batch is a bit under 300, I’ve had to trim the candidates to something reasonable.

Criteria (based on merit data as of this morning):
Award an additional sMerit to the last merited post (by me) of any profile that also meets:
-   The last post merited by me has only been merited once by me (this allows me to not re-merit a same post both on spree v 1.0 and spree v 2.0).
-   Regardless of the rank.
-   The post was posted in 2019.
-   The post has not received more than 10 sMerits, adding up all those received from anybody.

That trimmed my list of candidate posts from 513 to 286, which fits my sMerit budget. Eventually, it was down to 278 posts that I merited, since 8 were either deleted or on ignore. I was faster this time than last time ...

P.D. Holidays will leave me on halt for a week or so now.

Thank you very much Senor DdmrDdmr!
At least I was notified this time, so I won't be asking stupid questions again ([FUN] Is DdmrDdmr even human?)
Have a nice holiday!

EDIT:
I tried hard, but i couldn't fit the single strip of merit in my screen..

I don't want to disrupt the thread, but click here if want to see what i tried.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
Version 2.0  - 19/07/2019 ( 278 profiles merited (by me) in 30 minutes)

I gave it a rethink, and have decided to go on a second sMerit awarding spree from my personal batch. As before, my intention was to re-merit some posts that I had already merited previously (thus no need for me to review the post’s content) in order to get rid of my personal sMerits in a coherent manner. Since I normally award sMerits in TX of 1 (for the most), this allows me to lose my close to Ebenezer Scrooge complex when awarding sMerits, for a short interval of time at least.

I have currently merited 513 different profiles. Since my personal sMerit batch is a bit under 300, I’ve had to trim the candidates to something reasonable.

Criteria (based on merit data as of this morning):
Award an additional sMerit to the last merited post (by me) of any profile that also meets:
-   The last post merited by me has only been merited once by me (this allows me to not re-merit a same post both on spree v 1.0 and spree v 2.0).
-   Regardless of the rank.
-   The post was posted in 2019.
-   The post has not received more than 10 sMerits, adding up all those received from anybody.

That trimmed my list of candidate posts from 513 to 286, which fits my sMerit budget. Eventually, it was down to 278 posts that I merited, since 8 were either deleted or on ignore. I was faster this time than last time ...

P.D. Holidays will leave me on halt for a week or so now.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
<…>
I think we’re generally on different board sections. True I haven’t merited you yet, but I did get one from you back in May (does that make me a mini-merit backstabber?). Equal now. Been reading a thread theses days, of your's and ommited complementing the debate initiated - until now.

The sent sMerit per TX very often consists of a single sMerit: out of the 221.685 sMerit TXs, 69,21% involved 1 sMerit, 14,85% 2 sMerits, 4,23% 2 sMerits and so on. That pattern barely moves even if we narrow the data to a 2019 viewpoint.

I agree twos are nicer than ones, and help a more dynamic scenario, although I stick to ones as  a norm (89,35% of my awarded sMerit TXs are for a single sMerit) so as to reach more posts.

P.D. You do hold the current largest received merit streak on the forum: merited for 90 days in a row (31/10/2018 .. 28/01/2019).

I just think when you are no source its difficult to gain some Smerits from time to time cause the Msources just not have enough supply to work with....
So an increase for sources would be very appropriate imo and for sources to send 1 merit is OK but it would be better to send 2 or even more so the receiving members can redistribute those merits as they probably reach wider amount of other members etc

If members whiteout source status send 1 merit per post thats very normal imo....
Also the airdropped merits are just getting exhausted so sources should send more, so the merit keep cycling. 

Ha another smooth statistic Smiley didn't knew that one LoL Smiley
legendary
Dammit 250 in 1 hour  and 2 minutes... that a merit spree, damn I wasn’t one of those 250  Embarrassed

I have to post better I guess  Shocked

Have you just lowered yourself by begging for Merit, mic? Grin Damn there are no certainties left in life... Kiss

F***, damn... does it looks that way? Mmmmmm still received one  Tongue

But naaaah I would not beg for anything in life that could be solved through research/learning or the figure out myself .... Also would never beg for someones respect as it has to be earned as well Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01
Dammit 250 in 1 hour  and 2 minutes... that a merit spree, damn I wasn’t one of those 250  Embarrassed

I have to post better I guess  Shocked

Have you just lowered yourself by begging for Merit, mic? Grin Damn there are no certainties left in life... Kiss
legendary
<…>
I think we’re generally on different board sections. True I haven’t merited you yet, but I did get one from you back in May (does that make me a mini-merit backstabber?). Equal now. Been reading a thread theses days, of your's and ommited complementing the debate initiated - until now.

The sent sMerit per TX very often consists of a single sMerit: out of the 221.685 sMerit TXs, 69,21% involved 1 sMerit, 14,85% 2 sMerits, 4,23% 2 sMerits and so on. That pattern barely moves even if we narrow the data to a 2019 viewpoint.

I agree twos are nicer than ones, and help a more dynamic scenario, although I stick to ones as  a norm (89,35% of my awarded sMerit TXs are for a single sMerit) so as to reach more posts.

P.D. You do hold the current largest received merit streak on the forum: merited for 90 days in a row (31/10/2018 .. 28/01/2019).
legendary
Dammit 250 in 1 hour  and 2 minutes... that a merit spree, damn I wasn’t one of those 250  Embarrassed

I have to post better I guess  Shocked

But I do like Msources to double merit instead of single merit so the receiving members has an Smerit as well to re-sent....

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
DdmrDdmr you Merit Monster  Grin

@fillippone
It is actually not that hard to do, all you need is a pair of Official Bitcointalk Multipurpose Merit Hands.
Once attached and set up each finger can be configured to merit a separate user.

Source: https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/multiple-hands-means-lot-hands-helping-all-one-solution-one-hand-29784074.jpg
legendary
[snip]

Thank you, very interesting, even if it is also slightly disappointing because only slightly more sophisticated than how I would have done (preparing the list of links to meriting page in excel directly from database and then clicking them to open in browser to merit manually).
legendary
<…>
What I did was prepare a list of the last post I merited per active 2019 profile (at the time). That gave me 256 posts from distinct users to re-merit, although the toll was 250 in the end since 6 were deleted posts. The lists was pretty easy to draft up from my merit DB (if anyone wants a similar one I can provide it). That was the easy part.
I then used a Firefox addon called Open Multiple URL and started the mechanical process of pasting batches of 10 to 15 URLs to the addon (it opens one URL per tab), meriting each post, and closing the tab. Sometimes an opened URL would give and error message (for trying to query Bitcointalk too many times in a short period of time), and I’d have to refresh the tab to get to the post. Pretty manual that part.

The overall idea was to re-merit profiles I had merited before, and since I tend to perform mainly 1 sMerit TXs, it would seem fair and conceptually similar to being a bit more generous for once …

<…>
0,2K (started off with an eighth part of that, but upgraded during some Merit Source adjustment procedure).

This is a good idea I have 323 merits still sitting I will go back to people I gave 1 merit and bump them.
Using my same exact criteria, I make it 146 people you would re-merit (profile active in 2019 and selecting each one’s last merited post). I can provide you the list if you want (in a Google SpreadSheet or alike).

<…>
I’d still take human over artificial … for now …
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
Damn, ~2500 Merit  Shocked

And still a Hero Status!

I believe you are the first account I have seen with legendary merit status but stuck on hero activity....
That user is very inspiring here in the forum. Ain't know if that is a human or AI robot Cheesy, anyway, I'm just kidding.
That user now doubled rank up to Legendary because of 2k+ got merits.

This statement the most inspired me when DdmrDdmr joined in the forum.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51739906

Lucky for those 250 profiles got rewards from DdmrDdmr and yet they are deserving Cheesy.

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
Damn, ~2500 Merit  Shocked

And still a Hero Status!

I believe you are the first account I have seen with legendary merit status but stuck on hero activity...
I was soooo close to legendary, then they introduced merit and yeah... another 75-80years i'll make it Cry

anyways, cool story.
Pages:
Jump to: