Pages:
Author

Topic: 215 posts merited (by me) in just over 3 minutes–What’s got over me? (v 44.0) (Read 3339 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
Thank for the effort anyway!
It was such a tremendous effort to be honest. I even received one merit from him this morning!

Version 36 - 27/05/2023 (1221 posts merited (by me) in just under 21 minutes) -> 1221 sMerits
I wonder what kind of tool he used to merit 1221 posts within 21 minutes or was it done manually? It's truly impressive.

Keep it up legend!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Hey @ddmrddmr, you must be exhausted today!

Thank for the effort anyway!
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.

I have never visited LoyceV report unmerited posts thread.
What I understand about merits is that you will work for it and chase it.
Even if you keep making quality posts without calling the attention of the merits sources to your quality posts, they will go unmerited.
Part of the reason I created that thread was to prove not many good posts don't get the Merit they deserve, but another part of the reason was to actually find those users who deserve it.
Nice to see that the thread have been serving its purpose very well as it has ran into pages.
The introduction of the merit system is one reason here is still enjoyable because I cannot image the magnitude of spam that would have been in this forum. No system is ideal for sure, but my sincere gratitude to those who ensure distribution of merits to keep the system working.

Create merit for yourself by giving it to those who want to receive it.  It's almsgiving to make this forum a better place.
And how do you create merit for yourself?
@firesurfer This is a forum
Account firesurfer is older than mine, and he looks like one of the reasons the Merit system was created. I'm pretty sure the account changed hands one or more times, he gave up typing Indonesian since his password changed 2 years ago.
If not this discovery by you, I was so confused how merit is an aims giving and how one can create or generate merits.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Create merit for yourself by giving it to those who want to receive it.  It's almsgiving to make this forum a better place.
And how do you create merit for yourself?
@firesurfer This is a forum
Account firesurfer is older than mine, and he looks like one of the reasons the Merit system was created. I'm pretty sure the account changed hands one or more times, he gave up typing Indonesian since his password changed 2 years ago.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 329
And how do you create merit for yourself? You can only earn merits by your useful and quality posts unless you are a merit source who is getting monthly allocation apart from what you earn to distribute on the forum.But what you want to say? We should give merits who want to receive it because everyone wants it to rank up but only to those who deserves it there is big difference in both the terms.

@firesurfer This is a forum, not a place for almsgiving and the merit that is given to each post is proof that the post made by that person touches the giver of merit. As long as you know if merit is given arbitrarily (almsgiving) it will cause many bad effects such as jealousy and dissatisfaction, besides that giving merit is ineffective (posts that deserve to get merit don't get it), then merit sources must give merit properly on posts that are appropriate not for almsgiving.

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
Create merit for yourself by giving it to those who want to receive it.  It's almsgiving to make this forum a better place.
And how do you create merit for yourself? You can only earn merits by your useful and quality posts unless you are a merit source who is getting monthly allocation apart from what you earn to distribute on the forum.But what you want to say? We should give merits who want to receive it because everyone wants it to rank up but only to those who deserves it there is big difference in both the terms.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Saying about LoyceV being the nicest person to hand out merits
He didn't say it like that Wink

But undoubtedly some people got screwed by this, and if they have decent posts, by all means, give them the 250 or 500 merit that they need to rank-up.

I have never visited LoyceV report unmerited posts thread.
Even if you keep making quality posts without calling the attention of the merits sources to your quality posts, they will go unmerited.
Part of the reason I created that thread was to prove not many good posts don't get the Merit they deserve, but another part of the reason was to actually find those users who deserve it.
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
The second thing is that a lot of your posts are in Bitcoin Discussion, where everybody's brain cells go to die.  I did not check to see how many pages the threads in which you made your posts had, but that section is one of the ones that has a lot of spam megathreads--or at least it used to; I don't know if that's still true, but it's always been hard to earn merit there.
I like to post in BTC discussion, especially on the new topics that are good and that are actually about BTC. The problem with BTC discussion board is that members start too many unnecessary topics there, so many of them are not even actually about BTC, and many of them are lies about what they did to aid BTC adoption, these new unnecessary topics dominate the board and push many of the topics that are actually about BTC down and away from where merit sources can see and merit the users who participated in the discussion. There is a lot of good posts being made in the BTC discussion board, but many of them are unmerited.

If you see a really good post and feel it deserves merit, post it here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/self-moderated-report-unmerited-good-posts-to-merit-source-5093271 . Loyce is the nicest most helpful guy you could meet here, but make sure the posts truly deserve merit, otherwise you’ll be ignored going forward if you ask him to merit just a typical nothing special post (basically begging for merits is what this means).
Saying about LoyceV being the nicest person to hand out merits could have been doubtful to me but I remembered way back when I needed about 14 merits to rank up to full member. LoyceV located me randomly and handed the 14 merits to me and that was the first and last time I go such a surprise if I am not mistaking.
I have benefit twice from Ratimov ranking up thread. Although I have never visited LoyceV report unmerited posts thread.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
The second thing is that a lot of your posts are in Bitcoin Discussion, where everybody's brain cells go to die.  I did not check to see how many pages the threads in which you made your posts had, but that section is one of the ones that has a lot of spam megathreads--or at least it used to; I don't know if that's still true, but it's always been hard to earn merit there.
I like to post in BTC discussion, especially on the new topics that are good and that are actually about BTC. The problem with BTC discussion board is that members start too many unnecessary topics there, so many of them are not even actually about BTC, and many of them are lies about what they did to aid BTC adoption, these new unnecessary topics dominate the board and push many of the topics that are actually about BTC down and away from where merit sources can see and merit the users who participated in the discussion. There is a lot of good posts being made in the BTC discussion board, but many of them are unmerited.

If you see a really good post and feel it deserves merit, post it here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/self-moderated-report-unmerited-good-posts-to-merit-source-5093271 . Loyce is the nicest most helpful guy you could meet here, but make sure the posts truly deserve merit, otherwise you’ll be ignored going forward if you ask him to merit just a typical nothing special post (basically begging for merits is what this means).
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%
Version 33 - 17/04/2023  (57 posts merited (by me) in just under 1 minute) -> 116 sMerits
Remerited all my merited posts since my last spree (+ some backlogged pending ones), for non-banned users (from today backwards).
✂️

as you can see from the picture below, my smartphone and my smartwatch 'rang' 6 times on the day in question.
and when i saw the sender, it was immediately clear to me that you have awakened again to make all recipients happy by distributing the merits Cool
btw a very nicely developed merit script Wink

Activity: 826
Merit: 1010
Only BTC
Activity: 686
Merit: 987
Give all before death
I check the merits stats page a few times a week to make sure I'm not falling too far behind being a merit source, and I'm always amazed that DdmrDdmr is seemingly pinned at the top of the list.  Even with all the PMs I get for post reviews, it gets hard to keep motivated to spray merits like a fire hose after a certain point (or maybe it's just me).  Don't know how he does it.
Maintaining a full-time or part-time job and managing family duties and combining it with the responsibilities of the forum can be challenging. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with work and my family and I have to put extra effort to handle forum duties. Therefore, seeing members that take the additional responsibility of merit distribution intimates me of how hard they have to work to carry out this task.

Reviewing post is like reading your student's examination scripts and assigning grades or mark to them. As a teacher, I know how challenging it can be. I also checked the merit stats and discovers that @The Sceptical Chymist is among the top ten which is a commendable position considering the number of merit sources in the forum. But @DdmrDdmr is already a legend and should be the first inductee to the Hall of Fame of Merit sources.
Activity: 745
Merit: 252
Create merit for yourself by giving it to those who want to receive it.  It's almsgiving to make this forum a better place.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
Anyone want to review where I went wrong?  Wink
If I had to make two guesses, one would be the average length of your posts.  While most of them aren't exactly up-to-your-asscrack short, I would bet that a lot of people with merits to give will see a lengthy (and well-organized) post as being more constructive than a shorter one.  That's not true in all cases, of course, and I'm also not a mind reader but it's an assumption based on all of the merited posts I've seen over the years.

I check the merits stats page a few times a week to make sure I'm not falling too far behind being a merit source, and I'm always amazed that DdmrDdmr is seemingly pinned at the top of the list.  Even with all the PMs I get for post reviews, it gets hard to keep motivated to spray merits like a fire hose after a certain point (or maybe it's just me).  Don't know how he does it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 701
looks like @DdmrDdmr has passed me in few merit sprays lately.  Cheesy

Even I can say that @DdmrDdmr has skipped my profile over the last 120 days [oh I didn't really want to say that]. I've also tried to post as constructively as possible so far but somehow a lot of people ignore me. Weird to myself because anyway I think I'm really trying to post as best I can. Anyone want to review where I went wrong?  Wink
Maybe that’s because you have reached legendary rank, there are lower rank accounts who may be posting as well as you that also need the merit. If you think people are ignoring your posts, you can report the posts you think deserve merit on this thread Report unmerited good posts to Merit Source

Dude, what's wrong with you? How will DdmrDdmr's merit spray cause you tears? Are you for real? What's emotional about merit spray?
I don’t want to believe that anyone would cry over merits, I think what he meant to say was that DdmrDdmr's merit history was so long he had to stare at his screen for a long time, making his eye squirt.
legendary
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
When my profile goes for weeks and maybe months without merits, (not because I stopped making quality post, maybe because I don't deserve them) DdmrDdmr is that user that will remember me during his merit spray.
I caught 3 today.
Weird to myself because anyway I think I'm really trying to post as best I can. Anyone want to review where I went wrong?  Wink

Did you actually went wrong anywhere? I don't think you did. In the month of February, I was able to earn only 1 merit. This doesn't actually mean that I posted shits in the month of February and neither does it mean that I posted in non merit boards.
Maybe Fillippone can help review our profiles but I don't know him as someone that does that occasionally. It is The Sceptical Chymist that does that occasionally and on request and he was actually the first user to do it for me years ago in my newbie time but he stopped visiting my profile for so long.

But i believe this time around i will never escape from being among his spray, today i tried to view his merits profile what i saw was shocking to me because i tried scrolling continually without getting to the end which resulted tears rolling down from my eyes.

Dude, what's wrong with you? How will DdmrDdmr's merit spray cause you tears? Are you for real? What's emotional about merit spray?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Yeah, I have also came across some post as well people wondering if he is a human, although i have not been involved among his spray but i believe my post are not yet visibly seen by him or him coming across in contact with my post. But i believe this time around i will never escape from being among his spray, today i tried to view his merits profile what i saw was shocking to me because i tried scrolling continually without getting to the end which resulted tears rolling down from my eyes.
Initially i was using my smartphone after scrolling for about 1 minute i was thinking my phone is faulty maybe since i couldn't get to the end, i then power my system to see if actually i was mistaken for something else it was then i noticed my phone weren't bad, it was a bit easier scrolling with system that mobile phone.

Sir @DdmrDdmr please how were you able to merits all this profile within 13 minutes, is there any special tools or app used in sending out merits for easier spray?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
When my profile goes for weeks and maybe months without merits, (not because I stopped making quality post, maybe because I don't deserve them) DdmrDdmr is that user that will remember me during his merit spray.
I caught 3 today.
Really - looks like @DdmrDdmr has passed me in few merit sprays lately.  Cheesy

Even I can say that @DdmrDdmr has skipped my profile over the last 120 days [oh I didn't really want to say that]. I've also tried to post as constructively as possible so far but somehow a lot of people ignore me. Weird to myself because anyway I think I'm really trying to post as best I can. Anyone want to review where I went wrong?  Wink
legendary
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
Version 33 - 17/04/2023  (57 posts merited (by me) in just under 1 minute) -> 116 sMerits
Remerited all my merited posts since my last spree (+ some backlogged pending ones), for non-banned users (from today backwards).

Nice one!
I reviewed this last merit spree of yours.
[FUN] Is DdmrDdmr even human?
It was tiny, but I guess 3 merit per post is a first for you!

I caught 3 today.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Version 33 - 17/04/2023  (57 posts merited (by me) in just under 1 minute) -> 116 sMerits

Nice one!
I reviewed this last merit spree of yours.
[FUN] Is DdmrDdmr even human?
It was tiny, but I guess 3 merit per post is a first for you!
Pages:
Jump to: