Pages:
Author

Topic: 4 months rehab - relapse, ask your questions! (Read 6434 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
December 29, 2014, 12:25:37 AM

Do you regret getting addicted?
Personally I regret it more than anything in the world.

I haven't followed the thread but I am going to update soon - big life changes going on soon.

Yes I think it is false to say you have to test drugs to know it is bad and to experience them. I am not in favor of banning them but they are bad for you. Some drugs more than others and especially for those who have an addictive personality.
Banning them is pointless, if people want drugs they get them. Took 2 weeks and then we had a new silk road version up (don't ask me about the adress to it because I wont answer).
I think everything should be decriminalized and sold in a very controlled way with experienced people really warning about the side affects.

We already have alcohol legalized, and it is among the top 10 most harmful to your brain/body of all the drugs out there. Heroin for example is way less harmfull physically but mentally it fucks you up. It's a very tricky subject.

Case study: Portugal?

I haven't read up too much on decriminalization though.
Czechoslovakia was the first country in europe to decriminalize everything, I have a mate who lives in Portugal and life goes on as normal. But as you I haven't read up much on the subject except that it saves the government a ton of money because the bullshit cases no longer exists.
I am going to rehab again early next year, another home this time where you work every day, physical work mostly. I am very motivated this time due to not being able to face my family without great shame inside. I feel like shit all the time more or less.

I seem to have kicked the Subutex now at least, been without for 10 days (would have been 20+ days, but I found one in a vitamine can when I was suffering the worst from the detox. My brain went haiwire for 10 minutes, decided to take half get rid of the other half. I still take Benzo and Lyrica but I an going to detox for that before the "real" home where I will stay for 2-5 months.
Sounds like a good decision. Stay strong mate.

Thanks Smiley I'm really fed up with this life now, all I do is sit alone in front of the computer more or less... If I don't sell shit to people - I am not like the other druggies out there, I don't really fit in with them tbh. My apartment is not a mess and I dont keep my bills piled up. Plus a "friend" commited suicide in less than 6 hours after we met (we got busted by the cops, he went home and OD'd on purpose leaving 2 kids behind), he was always kind to me - there will be more death and I don't want anyone even closer to me dying :/

It is tough to read that sickhouse, use your negative past experiences not to consume next time. I think of me fat not to eat, it works sometimes.
Having a few goals and spending time on them after waking up give results. Setting up a website, starting a business, exercising, writing a blog, doing a cv, sending cvs, doing work in the house..

You can do little things that you enjoy at night.
Well, the negative things in this life far outweigh the positive ones to say the least... It's the crawing that comes sneaking up on you that is the hard part. It's so strong I can not put it into words, when it came during my sober time this summer I could feel it in my whole body, especially my chest.. That is what worries me the most and what I need to be able to control. People look as addicts as weak human beings but if they knew how strong the crawing is when you've been sober for some time is they would change their opinion on that matter.

I know all the legwork that needs to be done, unfortunately my CV isn't worth shit (I think we have 25%+ unemployment rate in my age-span and I have been without a job for 6 years more or less), plus I have a criminal record thanks to even consuming drugs is an illegal offense that goes on your record over here. Plenty of fish in the sea for the employer to chose from and I am a bad fish in their eyes.
I have set goals, the primary of which is getting the fuck out of this corrupt shithole of a country. I know people have it worse in other countries but I hate being boxed in and sadly that's what we are in western society.
i'm addicted to phenethylamine.  it comes in pill form now, and is as addictive as meth.  except you don't form a damn tolerance..
Since I don't recognize the name of this particular drug I assume it's a research chemical? Unless you want to die in a few years switch drug if you can't get away from drugs completely (ofc you need to try to get out of it first altogether for a decent life).
Activity: 1022
i'm addicted to phenethylamine.  it comes in pill form now, and is as addictive as meth.  except you don't form a damn tolerance..

Organize your life to take a 2months vacation somewhere far away, you will come up clean and you may not get back into your old habits when you come back.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100

I haven't followed the thread but I am going to update soon - big life changes going on soon.

Yes I think it is false to say you have to test drugs to know it is bad and to experience them. I am not in favor of banning them but they are bad for you. Some drugs more than others and especially for those who have an addictive personality.
Banning them is pointless, if people want drugs they get them. Took 2 weeks and then we had a new silk road version up (don't ask me about the adress to it because I wont answer).
I think everything should be decriminalized and sold in a very controlled way with experienced people really warning about the side affects.

We already have alcohol legalized, and it is among the top 10 most harmful to your brain/body of all the drugs out there. Heroin for example is way less harmfull physically but mentally it fucks you up. It's a very tricky subject.

Czechoslovakia was the first country in europe to decriminalize everything, I have a mate who lives in Portugal and life goes on as normal. But as you I haven't read up much on the subject except that it saves the government a ton of money because the bullshit cases no longer exists.
I am going to rehab again early next year, another home this time where you work every day, physical work mostly. I am very motivated this time due to not being able to face my family without great shame inside. I feel like shit all the time more or less.

I seem to have kicked the Subutex now at least, been without for 10 days (would have been 20+ days, but I found one in a vitamine can when I was suffering the worst from the detox. My brain went haiwire for 10 minutes, decided to take half get rid of the other half. I still take Benzo and Lyrica but I an going to detox for that before the "real" home where I will stay for 2-5 months.

Thanks Smiley I'm really fed up with this life now, all I do is sit alone in front of the computer more or less... If I don't sell shit to people - I am not like the other druggies out there, I don't really fit in with them tbh. My apartment is not a mess and I dont keep my bills piled up. Plus a "friend" commited suicide in less than 6 hours after we met (we got busted by the cops, he went home and OD'd on purpose leaving 2 kids behind), he was always kind to me - there will be more death and I don't want anyone even closer to me dying :/

It is tough to read that sickhouse, use your negative past experiences not to consume next time. I think of me fat not to eat, it works sometimes.
Having a few goals and spending time on them after waking up give results. Setting up a website, starting a business, exercising, writing a blog, doing a cv, sending cvs, doing work in the house..

You can do little things that you enjoy at night.

b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Thought I'd give an update, took amphetamine for the first time in over 6 months today, it's not something I take a lot because I like sleeping Cheesy. My life has been getting worse and worse, more isolation, people only come over to buy, maybe stay for a joint then leave. All old friends except a few has more or less quit the contact with me, getting more and more depressed (sleep for 17 hours some days). To those of you thinking of relapsing; dont!

On the positive I'm getting more and more experience from this life so hopefully I'll get sick of it soon enough and go to another home ("positive").. Right now I am just switching drugs day by day trying to find something that I can function on (aka self-medication, I am not fooling myself though I use more than self medication) and I've quit the Subutex, for now anyway. Was clean from opi for 14 days, used Lyrica (Pregabalin) instead, then on day 15 I took 40mg of Methadone, thinking just going to use this once.. Day 1 was fine, day 2 buy 2 liters of beer get fucked with more benso in the mix. Nice nod, had one of those deep breaths but I think I may have started imagining them as more dangerous than they are sometimes - either way dumb fuck mix.

Nice feeling back, and on way to order it the 2nd day when it was getting out of my system and I were getting chills and diarréa again (which symptoms by the way had become much better, the hard part was done), so transferred money to a drugsite to order more, but stopped myself in the last second. Methadone will be the death of me if I keep going and I know this because in order to start dozing off I need large doses and to mix with alcohol which is very dangerous. During rehab I came to find out I should have been dead at least 40 times, and there are propably times I don't remember - mixing alcohol+benz+methadone recklessly without tolerance to neither alcohol or opiates, always at least 40mg and VERY MUCH BEER, like 3 people would get drunk from that... And those are the times I remember, propably woken up, taken breath and then fallen asleep and forgot about it a lot. Lucky to be alive is an understatement.

Tried swapping the benso that I always take every day when using, 2 years before rehab, now 3-4 months - for Tramadol, but Tramadol gives me a hard time falling asleep so gonna try something else.. I know I need to go to a home but I also know that I will relapse if I do.

If the social services finds out I've been mixing methadone+alcohol again they will lock me up in a rehab home with bars on the windows for half a year.

TLDR; Life is shitty right now, isolated and can't really find myself the right path.

I'm an amphetamine addict. Been one for several years; I have a prescription, but I use more than that.

Do you think you can set free of drugs?

Nope. I don't really want to at this point - I code well enough to make enough to pay for it.

Drugs are bad because they have physical and psychological short medium and potentially long term negative effects, they cost a lot, you don't know the quality and you end up trading real happiness and great moments in the future for uncrotollable fun moments in the present
And social. Don't forget social you hang around with very sick people, I've had a knife to my throat once and he was on Benso+Alcohol, scratched me could have ended real bad. The good old friends go away because you are no fun to hang around with.

Yes you end up only hanging out with drug addicts or persons that have less upside potential and are less grounded
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

Thought I'd give an update, took amphetamine for the first time in over 6 months today, it's not something I take a lot because I like sleeping Cheesy. My life has been getting worse and worse, more isolation, people only come over to buy, maybe stay for a joint then leave. All old friends except a few has more or less quit the contact with me, getting more and more depressed (sleep for 17 hours some days). To those of you thinking of relapsing; dont!

On the positive I'm getting more and more experience from this life so hopefully I'll get sick of it soon enough and go to another home ("positive").. Right now I am just switching drugs day by day trying to find something that I can function on (aka self-medication, I am not fooling myself though I use more than self medication) and I've quit the Subutex, for now anyway. Was clean from opi for 14 days, used Lyrica (Pregabalin) instead, then on day 15 I took 40mg of Methadone, thinking just going to use this once.. Day 1 was fine, day 2 buy 2 liters of beer get fucked with more benso in the mix. Nice nod, had one of those deep breaths but I think I may have started imagining them as more dangerous than they are sometimes - either way dumb fuck mix.

Nice feeling back, and on way to order it the 2nd day when it was getting out of my system and I were getting chills and diarréa again (which symptoms by the way had become much better, the hard part was done), so transferred money to a drugsite to order more, but stopped myself in the last second. Methadone will be the death of me if I keep going and I know this because in order to start dozing off I need large doses and to mix with alcohol which is very dangerous. During rehab I came to find out I should have been dead at least 40 times, and there are propably times I don't remember - mixing alcohol+benz+methadone recklessly without tolerance to neither alcohol or opiates, always at least 40mg and VERY MUCH BEER, like 3 people would get drunk from that... And those are the times I remember, propably woken up, taken breath and then fallen asleep and forgot about it a lot. Lucky to be alive is an understatement.

Tried swapping the benso that I always take every day when using, 2 years before rehab, now 3-4 months - for Tramadol, but Tramadol gives me a hard time falling asleep so gonna try something else.. I know I need to go to a home but I also know that I will relapse if I do.

If the social services finds out I've been mixing methadone+alcohol again they will lock me up in a rehab home with bars on the windows for half a year.

TLDR; Life is shitty right now, isolated and can't really find myself the right path.

I do not use but I do have an addictive personality. I have had a few broken bones and I dont even mess with the pain pills because they feel so damn good I can understand the reasoning about being hooked on them. My question is this, I have had a few friends and unfortunetly family members go downt he opiate road. Do you think Suboxone/Subutex is a viable option or it is just replacing something bad with something else?

I'm an amphetamine addict. Been one for several years; I have a prescription, but I use more than that.

Do you think you can set free of drugs?
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Blockpoker Team | Kenneth | Designer
just curious if you picked up another addiction thats replaced, since this post.
Very honest and powerful story, it helps you to tell your story; it's hard man; good luck!
I can tell you it is possible not to consume and have a healthy life and healthy relationships but you have to break a lot of habits, maybe move, get a job, meet new people; easier said than done right?
Yeah easier said than done, before I started using I searched over 300 jobs (and I am good at writing and talking for myself) both via mail and by visiting the company. Never got replied back from a single one so kind of gave up at one point.
Meeting new people is also hard, especially where I live where people have their small social groups (from school or work usually). The ironic thing is that in the drug world meeting new people who accept you for who you are (only pedophiles are excluded) because everyone have the same thing in common; drugs - but those relationssips are usually very shallow for the reason that they doesn't trust anyone. And there is a good reason they (we) don't trust anyone, getting screwed over and over in the past it's hard to trust anyone fully. :/
I have a cousin who is also went to rehab..Sober for 2 years and then relapsed.. And then got sober again, but relapsed again. I honestly dont think that one can push through without it.
Well I know a woman who was sober for over 8 years who relapsed. I also met people on meetings who had 20 years+ sobriety without relapsing, they changed their addiction to the 12-step program. So it is possible, there are people who also get sober on their own and manages but changes their addiction to something else.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
YOU"RE LIKE A TIMEBOMB!
I have a cousin who is also went to rehab..Sober for 2 years and then relapsed.. And then got sober again, but relapsed again. I honestly dont think that one can push through without it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Lux e tenebris
Pages:
Jump to: