Pages:
Author

Topic: 4 months rehab - relapse, ask your questions! - page 4. (Read 6434 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Welcome back.  I don't like the idea of calling it a disease either to me I feel like it implies some kind of sever genetic disability for lack of a better term.  I'd like to think it is just a severe case of substance abuse.  Good on you for being open about your situation and offering to extend help to others that may have questions for you. +10 
Well I am addicted to everything, and most addicts are (for example computer games, running, gym, well pretty much everything we like doing) so that term I don't like Tongue. I think many people use it as an excuse to say that it's a disease, disease sounds worse than diagnosis. Thanks for the encouraging words.
somewhere I think I wanted to keep drugging too even though I know where it leads to

you just wanted to or you did?
I used for the last 2 weeks (out of 4 months) at the rehab, and when  I got out I relapsed - so you can say both?
Welcome back. Im also an addict, in recovery.. I think about using often, but that drive goes away if u just dont give in to it. Im a better person when Im not using, and stress is so much more easy to deal with when your sober.. Healthier too.
Yeah I know, the crawings are sick. I had 120 pulse once because of thinking about drugs... Sick how much energy ex-addicts spend thinking about drugs. How long have you been in recovery? What kind of recovery?
Heard it. It's not easy, you got that right. Best of luck.
And the most frustating thing is that people with non addictive personalities will never understand the way we work. Things would be so much easier then..

Having a addictive personality is truly self destructive. Well at least you know your short comings and try your best to not fall into the same habits again. The best thing to do is to figure out your triggers. Good luck!
My main trigger is boredom, not even at the home I got crazy if I had to wait for something for longer than 20 minutes without music). The nights sober were the worst, at least 1 hour to fall asleep every night (which is why I started drugging in the first place, the thoughts never rest.
Hey!

It's great to have you back in here. I hope you will never ever need a rehab again.

Well and if I can say something about addictions is that we can be addicted to everything and it is never good.
 It's good to realize our addictions when it's not too late.

You have a chance for a huge change and I believe you will not fail.

Good luck.
Shamely enough, I've already failed. I relapsed the moment I got out, and the last 2 weeks I even did drugs on the place... I had given (this I am ashamed of for real, drugs doesn't belong at rehabs). But when it's offered in front of you once it's impossible to stop after just that one..
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Welcome back.  I don't like the idea of calling it a disease either to me I feel like it implies some kind of sever genetic disability for lack of a better term.  I'd like to think it is just a severe case of substance abuse.  Good on you for being open about your situation and offering to extend help to others that may have questions for you. +10 
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
 Welcome back. Im also an addict, in recovery.. I think about using often, but that drive goes away if u just dont give in to it. Im a better person when Im not using, and stress is so much more easy to deal with when your sober.. Healthier too.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Having a addictive personality is truly self destructive. Well at least you know your short comings and try your best to not fall into the same habits again. The best thing to do is to figure out your triggers. Good luck!
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Heard it. It's not easy, you got that right. Best of luck.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Hey!

It's great to have you back in here. I hope you will never ever need a rehab again.

Well and if I can say something about addictions is that we can be addicted to everything and it is never good.
 It's good to realize our addictions when it's not too late.

You have a chance for a huge change and I believe you will not fail.

Good luck.
Standard topic; https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/time-to-get-my-brain-back-on-track-detox-and-rehab-in-1-week-498201

Hey guys, I am back from rehab. I ended up staying at the 12 step program for 4 months because of the community and the fact that you learn a lot about yourself . I loved the community, the people were very friendly and we were all in the same boat (the addict boat) so everyone could hang with anyone.. I spent time with hardcore gangmembers while I myself wouldn't hurt a fly and it worked fine. After all it's been one of the best 4 months of my life - I've been bullied my whole life except in the drug world, here I could be around people who didn't say one mean thing and laught with them. The main reason I stayed that long was the community, and all of the staff are also addicts (some even gang HA/Bandidos members).. Here in Sweden the state pays for the cost, my visit there cost 210k SEK (roughly $30k). Imagine how much money the state spend on people like me every year..

The God part I left out completly, but all in all it is nothing short of a cult (*chorus* "Just for today"). But it's helping people getting clean and if brainwashing is the price to stay sober instead of living on the streets the coice is pretty easy. However I couldn't take in the program emotionally which is a must so I ended up going out to use again (somewhere I think I wanted to keep drugging too even though I know where it leads to)...

They call it a disease which I can agree with to some degree - but I dont want to call it disease, rather call it addictive personality, but there is no doubt that the drug abusers has some kind of "disturbance" with their brains. I have learned a lot about how we addicts work and think and it's kinda scary. The worst thing isn't how we destroy ourselves but how the people around us suffer.. It's really aweful and there is no treatment for relatives the same way there is for us.

I learned that after 40 days rehab only 2% manage to stay drug free, after 6 months I don't have a number but I can imagine it's about 6-8% tops. So most of the people I met there will die sadly. And another sad fact is that 64% of the peple with Hepatitus C end up with liver cancer (thank god I dont use needles).

It took my 1 hour (the bus trip) before I bought my first beer, and then another 4 hours home and then jump onto the real stuff. I don't use needles (thank whoever) because if I did that I would be dead. Now I've been on a Subutex race for 2 weeks, mixed with a ton of Benso. Worst thing is that my family will be very sad, I've told my mother that I've started drinking again but nothing about the drugs. :/ She's going to be devestated.

You can ask any questions you may have here or in PM if you want to be anomynous, one thing I learned there is that my IQ is quite high so hopefully I can help some others. You can aks about anything regarding drugs or rehabs.

Pages:
Jump to: