Pages:
Author

Topic: 55K loss, how to get back into the game - page 4. (Read 15460 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
January 03, 2019, 12:58:29 PM
Folks, what a terrible year 2018 has been so far. I invested around 60K and now left with 5K. I did terrible mistakes and I hope there would be a turnaround sometime next year or so. Any suggestions?

i think we can back in game in 2019, with STO s, and passive incomes.  but its not easy way, from 5 to 60 k, becouse its 1200%. its not impossible, but so hard to done.
I am not a very experimented trader but I have read about the subject, but if you study the subject you will see that once you lose 50% of your capital you will need to get 100% profits just to get your original investment, so the more money you lose the more difficult it is to recover it, so managing your capital and avoiding losses is critical, I will even say that is the most important part of becoming a successful trader and yet it is one of the issues that is most often ignored.
Activity: 406
Merit: 158
January 02, 2019, 05:50:09 AM
Borrow another 55k in the bank then and invest now if you want profit faster.
Great economist! Maybe you can take credit for him and if he get profit then you can get your money back. Some people don't know nothing and still write this shit things I hope people don't follow their ridiculous advices.
Activity: 728
Merit: 103
January 02, 2019, 05:08:20 AM
coins will rise and they will fall, but just look at the long term trend of that portfolio and you will see that it will recover. Just wait for bitcoin to rise and lift the market again, most likely after the bakkt is confirmed later this month
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
January 02, 2019, 02:40:59 AM
Sound advice haha. Seriously though don't get into debt. It's a lot worse than being broke, being broke and in debt. I've been there.
That's the worst advice that I ever seen. Don't add another problem if you caused it alone, another problem won't solve things and will make things lighter.

Act depending on how you will solve the issue and don't take loans just to take into the market again. You're just putting yourself in debt which will cause you bigger trouble in the future.
Activity: 546
Merit: 15
January 01, 2019, 09:43:14 PM
As a proposal, I can offer you to think about reinvesting the money that you have in projects with a smaller capitalization than the ones in which you invested earlier. I also had a similar situation, but i get out of it by reinvesting my money in the Etheera project. This is a Swiss project with a small capitalization, and investments in it helped me to recover some of my losses in a short time.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
January 01, 2019, 03:45:42 PM
Folks, what a terrible year 2018 has been so far. I invested around 60K and now left with 5K. I did terrible mistakes and I hope there would be a turnaround sometime next year or so. Any suggestions?
Most of the investors are like you, if you did right things don't think this was mistake, I trust to my portfolio and when our time comes we will get our money back, I have no doubt about this.

I am not agree with your opinion. Many investors know how to quit before it is too late. Financial knowledge let them to think and accept correct decisions so they are following smart money.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
January 01, 2019, 03:08:13 PM
Most of the investors are like you, if you did right things don't think this was mistake, I trust to my portfolio and when our time comes we will get our money back, I have no doubt about this.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
January 01, 2019, 01:52:10 PM
The best way to gain back losses is to not panic in this crypto bloodbath, just continue to dollar cost average https://youtu.be/khNeL8Cka5A
Activity: 994
Merit: 278
January 01, 2019, 02:26:55 PM
Borrow another 55k in the bank then and invest now if you want profit faster.

Sound advice haha. Seriously though don't get into debt. It's a lot worse than being broke, being broke and in debt. I've been there.
Activity: 630
Merit: 110
January 01, 2019, 01:33:07 PM
Cannot go back in time to change it so best to wait it out for the next big rise to recover. Good quality coins should recover back fine over time.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
January 01, 2019, 10:08:37 AM
It's not a loss untill you sell.
Activity: 602
Merit: 107
January 01, 2019, 10:04:31 AM

Invest only in good projects with a serious product that does actually have a use case and people are already using it. For now, I'd stay with Bitcoin and Binance Coin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
January 01, 2019, 09:37:02 AM
Sad to hear this but that is the nature of this market.  I believe you buy those coins when you ought to sell.  If you buy into a coins at the wrong time there is no way you will not lose money and investment is a serious skills ventures, you should not have put that type of huge amounts of money into coins market at that time that it is overbought.  You should also learned how to cut lose early in other for it not to run the way it happened.
That’s a huge loss but were on the same boat, crypto is such a terrible investment but also has big rewards. Its not worth selling an asset that lost almost 90% of its value and almost worthless but as long as the project goes on and survive there’s always a chance for recovery when the market is in good shape.
Cryptocurrencies market is the same way as stocks and forex market.  It entails a very high risk as well as a high rewards if it goes your way.  I also believe that op can get his investments back during recovery.  Remember that the future is highly bright and those that can be patience with the market are going to recover what they have lose in the past.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
January 01, 2019, 07:40:03 AM
My suggestion would be to learn how to short and when to short.
One trick ponies like permabulls are always going to lose money.
You need to have a versatile skillset so you don't repeat last year's failures.

Shorting now means you are just going to make loss as market is already low and it is going to rise from here and going to make big gains in coming time . So ideally buying for long term will help you to recover your money as quickly as possible and also invest in best coin only .
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
January 01, 2019, 05:24:46 AM
Every person who invests at the high value are already in huge loos and which it is impossible to recover the loss at the current situation of the market. There is no choice for us until the market starts recovering we have to wait patiently in order to make our investment back.
I wont discourage someone who is in big loss and use the word "impossible" though you are right with the current market situation but that word doesnt really fit and it wont help someone whos trying to look for a reliever.

And he cant just hold, he can accumulate more while waiting for that recovery of his losses. Its the best idea that someone can do but there are some conditions. If he doesnt feel the market anymore, he wont buy more.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
January 01, 2019, 05:14:47 AM

Until unless you have not sold the coins and booked loss you still have chances to gain loss, if you can wait for market to improve. If you get some investment then buy in current price and average your buying price. This is the only best option for you.
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
January 01, 2019, 04:17:29 AM

The best thing to do is just hold, 55k is a huge amount if you will exit the market then you will no longer a chance to recover your loss so it is better for you to hold that coin, or else you will do trading even the profit is not that much atleast you are recovering.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
January 01, 2019, 03:48:03 AM
That’s a huge loss but were on the same boat, crypto is such a terrible investment but also has big rewards. Its not worth selling an asset that lost almost 90% of its value and almost worthless but as long as the project goes on and survive there’s always a chance for recovery when the market is in good shape.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
January 01, 2019, 02:21:58 AM
Every person who invests at the high value are already in huge loos and which it is impossible to recover the loss at the current situation of the market. There is no choice for us until the market starts recovering we have to wait patiently in order to make our investment back.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
January 01, 2019, 12:39:04 AM
You could still return something and maybe even everything, but have already given up and fixed their losses, will have to spend on investment at times more to recapture losses, but this is not an option
Pages:
Jump to: