Pages:
Author

Topic: 55K loss, how to get back into the game - page 6. (Read 15460 times)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283
December 28, 2018, 11:41:13 PM
Folks, what a terrible year 2018 has been so far. I invested around 60K and now left with 5K. I did terrible mistakes and I hope there would be a turnaround sometime next year or so. Any suggestions?
all you need to do is keep holding mate and don't ever give up if you realy want to recover your losses because there's no other solutions to regain your losses  if you left on this game. .  In fact market will recover again and will bounce back at the top so be patient and be prepared instead.  because for sure on  this year 2019 will be the right time to regain our losses ..
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
December 28, 2018, 10:57:00 PM
Folks, what a terrible year 2018 has been so far. I invested around 60K and now left with 5K. I did terrible mistakes and I hope there would be a turnaround sometime next year or so. Any suggestions?
Which coin do you invest in? But it reasonable you got a losses, because the market cryptocurrency in the past year has decreased, unless you choose a short term investment maybe you can take piecemeal profit, but if you choose long term investment then your choice is a risk that you must teach.

Regardless of bull run for next years can still hap, especially we rely on Bakkt and SEC, if both agencies accept cryptocurrency or at least accept bitcoin then the cryptocurrency market will recover. Just reminding investment is not a way for investors to get profits, sometimes you get a loss and then be patient don't be affected by your passions.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange
December 28, 2018, 10:39:17 PM
wow that's a big loss, hopefully 2019 will be better than now. let's see because there are many good predictions for 2019 I really hope the ETF can be approved and prices will definitely rise
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
December 28, 2018, 09:53:22 PM
Selling now will not be a good strategy. Instead, if you have some spare cash, use that to buy some top ranked coins like BTC, ETH, LTC and others and you will be well in green again by end of 2019.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
December 28, 2018, 09:50:19 PM

more than 90% you lose your capital,, but if you do not sell your crypto assets, you will never lost,,
because your portofolio only decreasing, you will lost if you sell your assets my friend

regards
template answer , often hear this answer. but maybe there is some truth. if you haven't sold your assets, and you're still sure the coins you bought have the potential to go back up, why not keep on holding it? but if you have lost because of selling it, then stop for a moment, introspect yourself whether your skills are high enough or not, because such a big loss dude, if you are skilled you will not lose that much?
Activity: 1470
Merit: 103
COMBO 2.0
December 28, 2018, 07:47:42 PM
Market should pickup soon as most people are speculating but you need to be very watchful mate Any kind of trade wouldnt bring you the profit you most sought for Carefully analyse the situation first
Activity: 2478
Merit: 215
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 28, 2018, 07:29:56 PM

For the positive side do not sell your coins you hold it the time was turning round like the cirlcle, and yes ofcourse they are expecting price gain this new year.

And sorry for your loses but they have possible to go back again your investing capital if use patience and believe that bear market will end.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 252
Keep it Simple guys :)
December 28, 2018, 07:17:15 PM

more than 90% you lose your capital,, but if you do not sell your crypto assets, you will never lost,,
because your portofolio only decreasing, you will lost if you sell your assets my friend

regards
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
December 28, 2018, 06:33:15 PM
You lost more than 90% of your investment in a single year, it is clear to me that you invested in some altcoins or even in some icos and you lost everything, I know this is something that you probably do not want to hear but it is better for you to get out of the market before you lose the small amount of money that you have, if you keep investing trying to recover the money that you have lost the chances that you lose the rest of your capital are many times higher than the chances of recovering the money that you have lost.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
December 25, 2018, 07:28:21 AM

Just cut the loses and buy some good shares. Facebook or something. You will get your money back in no time and profit big.
Activity: 658
Merit: 851
December 25, 2018, 04:43:44 AM
Only invest what you can afford to lose. 60k is a huge amount.
You should get rid of all the shitcoins you have and keep only the top ones. Just hold and you'll be fine, be patient.
Activity: 276
December 24, 2018, 10:36:13 PM
Read about the good ones projects that are on the market and fish the best for you... There's a lot of projects that can increase exponentially over the time, we just need to get luck and do a good research to choose the best one.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
December 24, 2018, 07:10:30 PM

time to make an analysis with all your crypto in your bag my friend
if you have a shitcoins on your bag,, sell now or convert it with a better coins
so, you will recover your losses soon,, because the markets will start growing hard next year buddy  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
December 24, 2018, 06:17:42 PM
Are you serious? why at that time did you not cut loss and prefer to keep hodl them? you should it not take this decision because sometimes hodl isn't the best solution. Because the value of your investment has dropped by almost 95% it seems very difficult to recover, unless you have a reserve fund to increase the number of portfolio. But this still does not guarantee that your capital will return fully.
If he didn't serious, do you think he will create this thread?
Also, down from 60k to 5k isn't almost 95%, actually it's still ~92%.

@Op, can you tell us which coin / token you HOLD atm? So we can give our opinion whether it could be back or not to the price you have bought

Most of the portfolio is down by 90% in dollar amount. I Bought BTC,ETH, LTC, WAN, ZIL, BLZ, NAS, DRGN, AION, NEBL, NANO, STRAT, ELF, ENG and UTK  Angry

At this point, DCA (Dollar-Cost Averaging) is the only thing that can help you. My personal suggestion for you would be to somehow manage some more investment. You see:

-You bought 1 bitcoin at $19,000
-You bought 1 more bitcoin at $4000

Then you only need bitcoin to ((19000+4000)/2) cross $11500 for you to break-even, instead of hefty $19000/bitcoin.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
December 24, 2018, 05:39:02 PM
I don’t know the real reason why you lose that much but you admit it that you’ve made a mistake and the only way to regain that loss is to learn from that mistakes and start all over again. If you lose that much in trading then better to start to learn more about it, or if you just lose the money because of the market situation then its better to keep on holding. What we lose in this market is already a real lose, we can’t bring that one back on our portfolio, but don’t lose hope because this market is still a place for great opportunities, you will earn more in the future just keep on fighting.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
December 24, 2018, 04:57:02 PM
for me it was a huge loss, whatever I would do if it happened to me. Stay patient, I'm sure you can restore all the losses you have and let's wait for the next bull run.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 273
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 24, 2018, 03:54:00 PM
i think not just you who suffer losses in year 2018 I see market conditions start to rise and almost all altcoin prices follow I really hope the bull season will last as forever
Activity: 1120
Merit: 256
December 24, 2018, 02:59:46 PM

Spend some months on reading books about financial markets and how they move. Also take a study about trading and develop a strategy, babypips is good and free for a start.
That's right because by adding knowledge about trade and a good trading strategy, you can definitely recover the losses that you have earned. because science is very important to launch our careers in terms of any work
Activity: 1680
Merit: 278
December 24, 2018, 02:53:20 PM
If you didnt sold anything, you still dont have a real lost.. I think there is a bright future ahead, but you must choose carefully the coins. BTC and ETH wil rise, sure.. but not so much as the harmed altcoins.. there are many good coins in the market that dropped more than 95% in value.. go for them!
Activity: 686
December 24, 2018, 02:24:03 PM

Be patient do not be discouraged by your decision to adopt when the value of 60k, save for the next few months, then you will marry the results.
With a note not to be rash in making decisions, your experience will be very valuable.
Pages:
Jump to: