Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 44. (Read 12218 times)

copper member
Activity: 532
Merit: 26
August 03, 2018, 04:21:54 AM
Yes, many ICOs are scams, but I really don't think that the number percentage is around 80%. I think it may be fifty-fifty. But, if that is true based on the real data, we must be more careful Wink Smiley

Anyone can write a whitepaper and tell people they plan to build something...

Scammers see how easy it is to take peoples crypto now with bullshit.

Assume 99.9% of ICO's are scams or terrible ideas by "new teams" and good intentions that will fail (if you want to keep your crypto safe).

There are too many projects with teams that could be fighting 6 months after ICO and never build or release a product, why take that kind of risk at all.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
August 03, 2018, 03:42:14 AM
But 20% remain is very potential to develop. So, your task is identify which ICO project is good for investment.
Activity: 243
Merit: 10
August 03, 2018, 03:15:48 AM
I think this is precisely true. Most of these ICOs are scams at best. Although to give benefit of the doubt to some projects, there are also ICOs who are not scams, but due to poor management and planning, these ICOs are going down to the drain. I think it is best to do your own research and take caution before investing in such projects.
Activity: 163
August 03, 2018, 02:33:38 AM
Right now it seems logical, that more ICOs is turned out to be a scam. It is so hard for the project to gather enough money that they need in order to accomplish their goals, that in fact it is so much easier to create a scam ICO.
Activity: 155
August 03, 2018, 01:50:26 AM
all this is very bad, scams are getting bigger and bigger . we need to be careful when choosing iso
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
August 03, 2018, 01:43:19 AM
Yes, many ICOs are scams, but I really don't think that the number percentage is around 80%. I think it may be fifty-fifty. But, if that is true based on the real data, we must be more careful Wink Smiley
Activity: 84
August 03, 2018, 01:06:40 AM
Unfortunately it's true, most of the ICO scammers. You need to be very careful and recheck everything, otherwise you can lose all your money.
Activity: 40
August 03, 2018, 01:01:32 AM
80% is just too big. I believe most of these ICOs just failed. And the users that were expecting so much profit from them was disappointed and just called these projects scam immediately.
Activity: 912
Merit: 100
August 03, 2018, 12:29:47 AM
I agree that the percentage of successful projects is very small. But at the same time, I'm wondering why the teams and their business plans, proven by "professional" investors, do not achieve the intended results from head to toe? Probably because in the pursuit of profit not the criteria are evaluated and the approaches are not applied? Investors themselves generate fraud, etc.
ICO is a rabid market to date. And I also do not like it when projects doomed to failure, at the idea stage, millions of dollars are collected in one month. But I really like that the project is not tied to one omniscient investor, ready to pinch every penny in the pursuit of profit, saving on the development of the project. I really like that when investing in ico it is impossible to calculate expenses and incomes on the calculator. In the future, the ico market will only develop. But the requirements for the projects will be much higher.
Activity: 290
August 03, 2018, 12:25:04 AM
Yes I noticed taht too. Lately a lot of scam ico have been reported and it's number is increasing rapidly. For me it is quite alarming and really frustrating. Imagine working hard and spending a lot of time and effort just to learn in the end that the ico was a scam. I wish there is some kind of way to regulate or perhaps verify each ico to minimize the case of these scam ico.
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
August 03, 2018, 12:24:07 AM
Exactly, i wish i had done more research earlier on when i was just getting my feet wet in ICOs. There were so many people shilling their coins at the time and i made the mistake by listening to them. You can say i was a crypto newb back then and i was trying to ride the wave like many other people. But i will say i have learned a lot over these last few months and i'm grateful for all the experiences i've had with some very awesome projects that you wouldn't find anywhere else!
Activity: 100
Merit: 3
August 03, 2018, 12:08:55 AM
There has definitely been lots of failed attempts / scams. So you need to keep track of what's going on and don't put yourself in a bad situation.
Activity: 55
August 03, 2018, 12:04:26 AM
agreed, and then 8% is reached to exchange this absolutely true
Activity: 138
August 02, 2018, 11:59:18 PM
Yes, I have never believed in ICO. I even think that all ICOs are scams. They are not only in the hype, but also in the cryptocurrency market, which has caused many cryptographers to panic. People don’t pay back money. Hope People can stay away from ICO
Activity: 126
August 02, 2018, 11:42:07 PM
That is the reality now, most ico cheats just want to earn money for free and misleading. It is very difficult to choose which one is true, for example from the many gifts projects you participate in only a few that succeed, it also applies to investors.
Activity: 168
August 02, 2018, 11:30:44 PM
If ico is the percentage of a scam, it is only right that there are so many ico who are scams, whether accidental or not, many of these scams have started since the beginning of the bear market or started since the price of coins on the market began to decline, and from the many ico the scam, there are a lot of ico who have a good rating and even the sale of tokens has exceeded the softcap, and it makes it difficult to determine which ico is good to join.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
August 02, 2018, 10:55:23 PM
According to some articles that I have read it is true that 80% of the ICO are scams. But the moment that you have found a great ICO it is a huge deal.

That was the figure back in 2017. Now that percentage may be even higher. ICO sector is in a very bad state as a result of a surge in the number of conmen and scammers entering the field. We urgently need to do something so that the investors feel confident once more.
Activity: 322
August 02, 2018, 10:42:58 PM
It is not clear to me how they knew that the ICO could have the intention to fulfill their intentions and that they were fraudulent. I think this study cannot be relied upon instantly and also too short a time has passed since the ICO boom at the beginning of the year.
Activity: 155
August 02, 2018, 10:38:16 PM
Anyone willing to join in any ICO really needs to do their homework beforehand. Every piece of information needs to be verifiable.  it's up to you to decide whether the idea is worth investing in.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 252
August 02, 2018, 10:30:43 PM
Yes, most ICO are fraudulent. Do your research before you make a choice, try to check the ICO team and developers and the rating on their site.
I usually join ICOs who have a large community and trusted developers, this slightly reduces the risk.
ICO's failure now is when they enter the market where prices are falling so great and this makes people make ico's perception is a fraud
Pages:
Jump to: