Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 93. (Read 12218 times)

Activity: 142
Merit: 0
May 30, 2018, 08:03:48 AM
Now there are a lot of scam projects, but they are less than 80%.  I advise you to be careful.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
May 30, 2018, 04:57:05 AM
Because there are no rules governing the ICO, more and more new ICOs are emerging every day. I also feel that most of them end up failing or even scam. But of course some of them still have a legit ICO. It seems there needs to be a regulation on ICO in order to minimize scam or shit coin.
Yes it is because there are so many ICO that appear every day, even I see one day there are about 10 new ICO. This is certainly a very remarkable thing, but as you can tell, there are many ICO Projects that end in failure. yes there needs to be a regulation that regulates it all, because with the regulation it is not arbitrary an ICO made. The ICO project is interesting, but again if that ICO is just a garbage then it would be useless.
Activity: 252
May 30, 2018, 04:50:01 AM
One of the world's largest block chain platform etheric fang founder Joseph Lubin has said that most of the ICO project are lying, and said "these copycats, do not give investors to create real value"; Brad Garlinghouse, the founder of the digital currency, also believes that ICO is now in a regulatory grey area and that the government will soon introduce policies to regulate the market.
Activity: 209
Merit: 3
May 30, 2018, 04:45:36 AM
Because there are no rules governing the ICO, more and more new ICOs are emerging every day. I also feel that most of them end up failing or even scam. But of course some of them still have a legit ICO. It seems there needs to be a regulation on ICO in order to minimize scam or shit coin.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
May 30, 2018, 04:22:04 AM
At this stage of the development of the industry, the scam is not more than 30% of the projects. The fact that projects are poorly developed does not mean that they are not viable.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
May 30, 2018, 04:05:32 AM
We can not make this kind of generalization. But because of the bottlenecks in Bitcoin and crypto markets, many ICOs are having trouble getting enough investment.

but also it is necessary to recognize, now as whole projects are more difficult to receive investments as they began to more meticulously check
If we will see a more regulated ICO the better, we might think there is a limitation but it's good globally because people will have more
security on their money being invested. Maybe that percentage will significantly drop if there is a regulation.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
May 29, 2018, 06:33:10 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

And the remaining 20% are gems that will give you the golden rope of your dreams. ICOs despite having a bad reputation and increasing risks have still some credible projects back up by credible and dedicated people who knew their work and investing to these kinds of projects will give you more than just profits.
Merit: 11
May 29, 2018, 05:12:04 PM
We can not make this kind of generalization. But because of the bottlenecks in Bitcoin and crypto markets, many ICOs are having trouble getting enough investment.

but also it is necessary to recognize, now as whole projects are more difficult to receive investments as they began to more meticulously check
Merit: 13
May 29, 2018, 05:09:42 PM
Activity: 132
May 29, 2018, 05:09:21 PM
I agree that there are  a lot of scam projects on the crypto market, ICO has became the way to earn free money, this makes very bad influence over crypto market. But we should not forget that there are a lot of good projects and we need them, so we should support them. For example Ambit Mining ICO - very good project, which has potential to make some changes in crypto world.
I agree too and you are right ICOs are the new milking cow for scammers here in the crypto world. I think they are also evolving since they are hard to detect that they are running a scam ICO.
Activity: 224
May 29, 2018, 05:08:46 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

I don't know if this true but if validate this info then it might be possible. This time around many new ICO really join in the market but they all fall from huge dumps before they could launch their project this is the problem which ICO experiencing right now.
Activity: 120
May 29, 2018, 05:08:30 PM
Absolutely, because the ICO now are different from ICO at past time. Now they're 80% potentially scam, so don't try to invest your money easily in ICO if you won't loss your money. I believe on ICO rarely because there no reason to believe uncertainty investment. Think before invest guys.
Activity: 148
May 29, 2018, 05:07:40 PM
Scammers are everywhere, not only in the crypto market, do not forget that there are good projects and be careful when choosing.
Activity: 108
May 29, 2018, 05:05:14 PM

DYOR people ...
Yeah it could be true considering the number of individuals crying here that they are scammed. That is why we should be very vigilant in detecting scam ICO.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
May 29, 2018, 05:03:04 PM
Unfortunatly it's absolutly true! I don't believe to ICOs anymore because i have invested in 2 projects and recived nothing, i can't believe that people still want to scam...
Activity: 193
May 29, 2018, 04:42:23 PM
Many write that 80-90% of ICO is scam. But this is not true. Scam is cheating, cheating. But there are many projects that simply do not collect the right amount of money, because now the market is experiencing a serious decline.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
May 29, 2018, 04:25:48 PM
This percentage of fraud in ICO projects is too exaggerated. Really it reaches about a third, 80 percent it can not be. If there was such a large percentage of fraud, no one would invest in these projects and would not take part in them. Do not you frighten people with such figures. After all, they will scatter.
Xmm
Activity: 440
Merit: 100
May 29, 2018, 03:51:25 PM
I think that after some time only the figures will be clear when the projects either collapse or vice versa take off! now it makes no sense to guess, just wait and hope for success!
Activity: 420
May 29, 2018, 03:17:45 PM
because the cryptocurrency market continues to attract scammers. but in my opinion, you have exaggerated this figure
Activity: 183
May 29, 2018, 01:08:47 PM
I think more than 50%. SOme project have a good idea but they did it in wrong way so project cannot success. that's a pity.
Anyone hold IDH  Cheesy. Team do their work quite good but the price of token not pump
Pages:
Jump to: