Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 89. (Read 12218 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 114
June 03, 2018, 12:40:47 PM
In a smart contract, ICO conditions are formulated, may contain vulnerabilities or deliberate hidden conditions. Quite often, the presence of even limiting norms is better than their complete absence. This position is justified by the fact that the lack of legislative regulation predetermines the expansion of the limits of the discretion of law enforcement agencies.
Not 80% scams, less than 20% according to experts rate.
Activity: 773
Merit: 100
June 03, 2018, 12:32:38 PM
This is complete nonsense. Recently, a study was conducted of all the launched ICO projects, then according to statistics about 18% are considered scammers. If it were the opposite, the cryptocurrency would not exist, people would stop believing in it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
June 03, 2018, 12:11:34 PM
this is still a normal percentage of projects that are developing and launching their project, but of course, there are many projects that remain only titles
Activity: 276
Merit: 10
June 03, 2018, 12:03:53 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
I believe that 8% of ICO described above, this is the gold mine for investors at the moment and in the near future. You do not need to be a genius to understand that blockchain will change the world and make it more simple and effective.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
June 03, 2018, 12:00:58 PM
Behind the profits there must be disadvantages that come to him. Because ICO is investing in nature then we spend money and give to third parties and the money may not be used according to the agreement when the ICO is carried away without any explanation that is clear or more familiar with SCAM.

Several things become the problem of SCAM when the ICO is not clear project, the purpose of collecting funds made by developers and teams that are not clear or not plastered. Usually this will be explained in the whitepaper.  Sad
Activity: 451
June 03, 2018, 11:59:49 AM
scam is always expected in emerging market, in this case ICOs. Just be careful on selecting an ICO where you would spend your money, and for bounty hunters, your time and effort. The key is to conduct some research, review their projects, whitepaper, roadmap etc. also look for trusted managers they surely manage a legit ICOs.
It's too hard to avoid ICO scam, Agree with you about must do your own research and read project whitepaper/roadmap, if you found that no clear roadmap, weak website and whitepaper, telegram don't have active admin or admin just spam a lot of message about ICO offers, please avoid to join this types ICO, last message for investor newbies, don't invest in ICO or maybe you'll lose all your money
Activity: 280
June 03, 2018, 11:53:32 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
I do not agree, I think all ICO projects always take a long time to achieve its success. And on average many people judge too early until they make the decision that such a project is a fraud. The reason may be because they continue to lose money because they can not wait to get profit quickly.
Activity: 112
Merit: 13
June 03, 2018, 11:48:23 AM
scam is always expected in emerging market, in this case ICOs. Just be careful on selecting an ICO where you would spend your money, and for bounty hunters, your time and effort. The key is to conduct some research, review their projects, whitepaper, roadmap etc. also look for trusted managers they surely manage a legit ICOs.
Activity: 69
June 03, 2018, 11:40:57 AM
Not 80% of ICO are scams. Maybe 20-30% are scams. There are spotting spots to find out that ICO is not a scam. In my research there are a lot of ICOs that are not scams. Others are mistaken for scams due to unsold big amount of token, but not scams.
Activity: 308
June 03, 2018, 10:37:43 AM
I do not know who counted the exact statistics. As for me, she's so exaggerated. Personally, I try to carefully select projects and if in doubt, I do not participate in ICO.
June 02, 2018, 06:33:05 PM
It seems to me that the scam projects is less than 80%.  Now a lot of projects that have not reached the soft cap.  But there are also successful projects.
Well, yes, that is exactly what I think. Where did you take this number? I really doubt that there are so many bad ICOs. good luck to you!
June 02, 2018, 06:32:09 PM

DYOR people ...
Eighty per cent? Are you sure? I really doubt it somehow. I know a lot of good ICOs and you should be careful with your investment. Good luck!
Activity: 136
June 02, 2018, 06:30:49 PM
It seems to me that the scam projects is less than 80%.  Now a lot of projects that have not reached the soft cap.  But there are also successful projects.
Activity: 163
June 02, 2018, 04:53:37 PM
Yeah for sure most of icos are scam but if u find right ico and if u invest there u can have extremly big profits, but as always u need to make enough research about icos..
Activity: 434
June 02, 2018, 04:43:20 PM
As more and more new ICO are emerging, and they show up very often. Making ICO scam also grows more and more. But I do not know exactly the percentage for both. But I know the legitimate ICO has a much greater percentage. My message, want a lot or a little scam ICO, you should always be vigilant to be able to follow the ICO is really legitimate and has good value.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
June 02, 2018, 04:08:19 PM
Yes, there are a lot of scam projects now.  I advise you to be careful when choosing ICO.
The problem is that you can not predict what will be a scam. Even the most promising projects often unfavor or were only created to pump money ...
Activity: 196
June 02, 2018, 03:58:49 PM
Yes, there are a lot of scam projects now.  I advise you to be careful when choosing ICO.
Activity: 210
Merit: 14
The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export
June 02, 2018, 02:54:29 PM
“On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”
I believe in this statistic. It's sadly but it's true that a lot of scammers doing ico. All we should do in pay attention to choosing icos.
Activity: 182
June 02, 2018, 02:43:18 PM

DYOR people ...

I think even more than 81%.
Would be interesting to hear your opinion about Welltrado.
What percentage you would give for it?
Activity: 546
Merit: 15
June 02, 2018, 02:35:41 PM
Perhaps you are right, I have no evidence that this may be so, but the fact that most projects are unreliable - I do not doubt it. Maybe not 80 percent but about this.
Pages:
Jump to: