Pages:
Author

Topic: $8,000 worth ETH stolen (Read 601 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 12
August 19, 2018, 03:24:35 AM
This is sad but it looks weird, maybe you may have followed a phishing email or something. Also why should you keep so much in just one wallet at least divide it and use so many wallets so that even if you get hacked from one,you will still be safe somehow.Hackers are always been smarter so be alert.
Activity: 612
Merit: 250
August 19, 2018, 03:16:09 AM
Unfortunately, nothing can be changed already. Apparently you visited a phishing site and there entered your private key, after this scammer got access to your wallet.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
August 19, 2018, 03:15:34 AM
if I personally think it is better for you to check your account regularly and be careful in storing your password key. for your hacked tokens and ico, it looks like you won't get it again and you have to explain it
Activity: 40
August 19, 2018, 03:08:56 AM
Sorry to learn that however I do think you have signed in your record or private key to a phishing site which si why your keys are stolen,you could keep this from utilizing metamsk augmentation in your browser,that is the reason you ought to do your best to keep those private keys secured,do not spare your keys into a plac where the programmers can without much of a stretch access it.,use hardwallet and you will be fine.
Activity: 107
July 27, 2018, 05:47:37 PM
If you have stolen tokens from your crypto currency purse, then you still have somewhere to disclose your data. You can not now return tokens, unfortunately. Next time, change your wallet sometimes.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1589
Do not die for Putin
July 27, 2018, 05:39:57 PM
I am afraid that you are not going to get it back in the near future. You can set a watch on that address as eventually the hacker will want to move and possibly sell the tokens and you may try to get info from a exchange. But for 8k is probably not worth the effort of a legal requirement.
Activity: 280
July 27, 2018, 04:51:15 PM
It really a bad news, I think may you login your walker on some website because some websites do ask for someone private key or maybe your private key linked out from where you stored it I think so.
Activity: 175
July 27, 2018, 04:45:58 PM
You loose a large amount of money I feel sorry for what you are going thru,maybe next time you need to be extra careful of your wallet so that it won't happen again..
Activity: 223
July 27, 2018, 04:43:19 PM
My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.

Cryptocurrency is so anonymous that no one could trace a particular transaction to anybody. That is why you have to be careful with your pass key.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
July 27, 2018, 04:38:37 PM

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Its possible that you have exposed your private key unknowingly and the hackers are very sharp at their walk. Its so sad that the hackers have stolen all your funds and I doubt if you can recover the stolen funds because transactions on the blockchain is irreversible. 
Activity: 84
July 27, 2018, 04:29:19 PM
Your private keys may be stolen utilizing phishing sites,and you could have spared your cash when you have introduced metamask expansion in the primary place.Buy some hardwallets and im beyond any doubt you will be secured,you dont need to stress over these phishing sites,viruses and malwares in your PC in light of the fact that hardwallets has additional layer of assurance.
Activity: 770
Merit: 106
July 16, 2018, 01:34:01 PM
I think you can't do anything. but accept it that your coins has been compromise. Admit it or not you should be responsible of your private keys. The best thing that you can do is buy a hard ware wallet and keep your private key safe.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
July 16, 2018, 01:27:11 PM
Do not give your private key to any site/DEX. Use metamask, do not install any suspicious software and have good anti phishing software. And also be cautious. It is really easy to get your private keys if you are careless enough 
Activity: 545
Merit: 250
July 16, 2018, 01:21:01 PM
There should be some reasons…you got hacked

Might possible you enter your private key on any phishing site or disclose your information accidently with someone, may be you receive some mail from any suspicious person regarding to collect your token by filling this form etc.

That is a major mistake, so in future please avoid these kinds of mail or form.
Lastly difficult to trace or get back your tokens, but next be careful.

Malware attempts in hacking is rampant nowadays. I also got victimized by this kind of hack. I am still lucky that i don't put my egg in one basket.
Lesson learned in hard way. Better to be safe than sorry. Now, I practice basic security practice and planned to buy Hardwallet next month.
Activity: 395
July 16, 2018, 08:17:58 AM
Unfortunately, nothing can be done. You can forget about your tokens ... It could happen for different reasons. Perhaps you made a mistake and entered your private key on the fishing site, or malware was installed on your computer ... All the same, the optimal option for storing tokens is hardware wallets.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
"CoinPoker.com"
June 21, 2018, 03:24:45 AM
There is nothing to be done for the stolen ETH. In the world of virtual money, it is impossible to follow the money. Since there is no legal sanction, it is not possible to do anything for the money stolen.

Thats one of the disadvantages of unregulated cryptocurrency, you cant do any legal actions regarding the issue. Although it can be tracked, the addresses that has been used and involved. It's really sad to hear people who got stolen. Best thing we could do is to maximize our security as of now.
Activity: 196
June 21, 2018, 03:20:28 AM
There is nothing to be done for the stolen ETH. In the world of virtual money, it is impossible to follow the money. Since there is no legal sanction, it is not possible to do anything for the money stolen.
Activity: 359
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
May 18, 2018, 11:56:02 PM
In your case, it is very likely that you entered your private key on a phishing site. Now you should check your computer and mobile phone immediately for viruses. If you store the private key on your computer or mobile phone, it may be The virus steals your data!
Activity: 32
May 18, 2018, 11:41:09 PM
I think you got nothing to do. You can even save your privacy (secret keys) then how can you recover this, I believe there is no way to get the funds back
Activity: 396
Chainjoes.com
May 18, 2018, 11:35:12 AM

there is no way to get your eth and tokens back, unless the hacker send it back. but there is no such thing. the only thing you could do is move on, forget about what happen.
Pages:
Jump to: