Pages:
Author

Topic: $8,000 worth ETH stolen - page 4. (Read 601 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
April 19, 2018, 06:45:25 PM
There must definately be an issue somewhere, otherwise, the hacker couldnt have had access to your account. Maybe you entered your private key into a phishing site, or someone closer to you, had access to them. But right now, there is nothing you can do about it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
April 19, 2018, 06:45:13 PM
You shouldnt be getting hacked,because if you have installed metamas,or atleast use a hardwallet you wont be hacked,because these wallet has built in private keys which is why it is unbreakable and its security has been trusted by the community for years.You should protect the private keys just like what you are doing with your password.
BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
April 19, 2018, 06:37:07 PM
do you use metamask?
have you Ever entered your private key in any other site other than myetherwallet?(could still be a fake mew)
but you might have yourself to blame if you entered your private key somewhere in order to gain tokens.

did you have an encrypted file or did you enter it in plain text?

I suggest to anyone that isn't super good with their computer security, invest in a hardware wallet.
it really takes away all worry. $8000, put 0.2% into a hardware wallet and this wouldn't have happened  Undecided
Merit: 11
April 19, 2018, 06:35:11 PM
You might be a victim of phishing attacks,did you get some email links then you have required to relogin your account? mew address or private keys? or did you use dex or decentralized exchanges  lately? if you did did you use metamask extension? or do you have any hardwallets? these are just the basic things that you should have so that you will be well protected.
Activity: 308
Merit: 3
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
April 19, 2018, 06:33:15 PM
I sincerely condolence to you, I finished reading the lines of my friend I am really worried. We can not be wary of the scammers who steal the property of others. so be careful the best. Reduce access to trusted sites.
Activity: 210
April 19, 2018, 06:30:59 PM
Not going to happen when you have installed metamask extension,probably phishing sites got your private keys! did you logged in into some exchange lately? that requires private keys to sync your wallet? if you did it,surely it is phishing sites.Which is why i am not going o remove metamask extension as it is encrypting those private keys when you re using fork and etherdelta or other dex.
Activity: 210
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
April 19, 2018, 06:22:40 PM
Your private keys might be stolen using phishing sites,and you could have saved your money when you have installed metamask extension in the first place.Buy some hardwallets and im sure you are going to be secured,you dont need to worry about these phishing sites,viruses and malwares in your computer because hardwallets has extra layer of protection.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
April 19, 2018, 06:12:43 PM
Oh my word. I hate to hear this kind of stories. $8000 stolen is just too much. I don't know what to say to console you. How I wish we could know the cause of the hack. How do you always access your wallet??
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
April 19, 2018, 06:07:59 PM
My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.
You and my friend have same scenario but the bad thing is he always open a link that he don't know maybe he curious that's why always opening a link when someone forward to him but he didn't know it's phishing sites and now he got hack. Always remember we need to be careful In crypto lots of hacker is here to get our money so always careful.
Activity: 201
Merit: 0
April 19, 2018, 06:01:53 PM
How do you know that you do not try to steal your own tokens from someone else's wallet ...
But in general, the ETH system is not provided for such cases, so there's nothing to be done about it ...
Activity: 183
equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange
April 19, 2018, 06:00:41 PM
You could have prevented this to happen we you have used metamask extension which blocks phising sites,and other malicious websites.Do a lot of research so that you wont be fooled by these hackers,use hardwallet such as trezor and ledger so that you will be able to protect your wallet whenever your computer has infected by some viruses and malwares.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
April 19, 2018, 05:58:41 PM
Unfortunately you wont be able to get those stolen coins,and you cant track who does that do you,but what you can do is to start being a security freak,use metamask,and a hardwallet to protect your mew wallet from these attacks,phishing sites wont be a problem when you have installed metamask extension in your browser cause it blocks a lot of malicious websites/potential phishing sites.

Tell me if your existing address of the Ether purse can be linked to Metamask. Or it is necessary to create a new one and there are no other options?   Smiley
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
April 19, 2018, 05:50:29 PM
whether you work in a team. or your laptop/computer is still an old version, or you often watch a movie or download something from an untrusted site,
the most frequent case is that your computer gets infected with malware, and a rare case is someone near you become the perpetrator.

always activate Metamask and let it always connect to your laptop/computer, and remember never lend your laptop/computer to others.
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
April 19, 2018, 05:41:43 PM
Why you arent using hardwallets? because these wallets are the most secured that you could ever had,should you use anti-viruses and metamask extension so that you wont need to worry about these phishing sites because you will be prompted when you are attempting to access malicious and scammy websites that is why i do use metamask.
Activity: 406
Merit: 111
April 19, 2018, 05:41:19 PM
My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.

I notice sometimes bounty hunters giving their private key instead of their ethereum address when signing up, since this goes automatic anyone can see that key untill you change it. Maybe thats what happened?
Activity: 518
Merit: 6
April 19, 2018, 05:38:31 PM
Accident happen, in my own opinion, you did bounty right? Check all your bounty campaign maybe you made mistake putting the address, there is a possibility that you put your product key instead yout wallet address.
Activity: 204
April 19, 2018, 05:36:55 PM
Unfortunately you wont be able to get those stolen coins,and you cant track who does that do you,but what you can do is to start being a security freak,use metamask,and a hardwallet to protect your mew wallet from these attacks,phishing sites wont be a problem when you have installed metamask extension in your browser cause it blocks a lot of malicious websites/potential phishing sites.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
April 19, 2018, 05:34:18 PM
Maybe you have entered your private key in a phishing website.

Most probably this is the reason behind this hack because it is really impossible to hack a wallet without details of wallet, there are many replica websites which are created only for this purpose.
Many beginners get into this trap as like OP, BTW unfortunately there is no way to trace person from wallet address,

Some people were in exposed with those phishing sites behind and most probably their private keys were exposed online like sharing with friends or with strangers. Its really a sad experience if it happens you're the victim of being hacked, so one thing I can advise to most who encounter this kind of nightmare you should be more careful next time and the responsibility is always yours, no one to be blame but you personally. Phishing websites can be a replicate of myetherwallet, some characters omitted to somewhat trap every user now and then. But to avoid it you should have more secured antivirus and firewall of PC must be active all the time.
April 19, 2018, 05:32:41 PM
You cannot track who stole your coins,what you can do is to buy a hardwallet,install some good antivirus and anti-malware softwars,and most importantly use hardwallet when you are holding big amount of assets.Metamask extension can block those phishing sites easily,hardwallets does add extra protection when your computer is affected by viruses and malwares than can steal your private key easily.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
April 19, 2018, 05:27:59 PM
Which option did you use to "log in" your MEW wallet? If it's private key, there is no way of stealing your tokens without that private key. Try to remember if you shared it anywhere else... I don't believe that's the matter, but sometimes people mistakenly share their private keys instead of their wallet address for airdrops and etc.
Pages:
Jump to: