Pages:
Author

Topic: $8,000 worth ETH stolen - page 2. (Read 601 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 18, 2018, 10:36:42 AM
Maybe you have entered your private key in a phishing website.
You can't identify the hacker only with that address. It seems that the account was new and created solely for that purpose (storage of stolen tokens/Eth). There's no outgoing transaction as of yet and the address continue to receive tokens.

What I noticed was most tokens received were limited to Utrust, PHI, STP, SPA, SDE, TKT, ebit, COPYTRACK, Transmission, GlobCoin Crypto Platform. Does one of these tokens send you an email or let you fill out something connected to your wallet? If yes, that might be the cause.
I agree. Phishing is one and more accurate way of hacking private keys and accounts here in this industry that is why we need to get rid of this kind of modus. We are responsible of what will happen to our funds. There a lot of prying eyes that wants us to be a victim so much better to have situational awareness at all times. Take note that all transactions are irreversible so watchout and double check the site you are visiting.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
All the way up
May 18, 2018, 10:33:56 AM
My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.
I feel sorry to hear your loss, I think that will never be recovered, it is hard to trace anyone here in the industry, because we are all anonymous here, make sure that you are changing your pw regularly and keep your keys in private
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
May 18, 2018, 10:28:33 AM
It's just that you receive false letters from these companies periodically, with a link to a phishing site. Cheesy
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
May 17, 2018, 07:22:28 AM

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

There are many people who have created fake myethwallet sites. If you are not careful then you may have visited one of the fake sites. Sometimes you need to save your myethwallet site so that you can save more time with your property
Activity: 22
May 17, 2018, 07:20:27 AM
Maybe you entered your private key into a phishing site, or someone closer to you, had access to them. But right now, there is nothing you can do about it.
Activity: 44
May 16, 2018, 04:33:59 PM
More and more often I hear that wallets are hacking. You lost a large amount. Such money should be kept on different and protected purses.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270
May 16, 2018, 04:29:23 PM

Interesting story. Just what I needed and somehow missed. Did hacker hacked all your wallets or only this one?

OP is part of one big farming rig and most likely not being honest, but it is good to know that OP is owner of that address and that they have private keys of that address. This forum is full of abusers and if this story is truth(which I highly doubt), it only proofs that karma is a bitch.
Activity: 49
April 30, 2018, 05:22:38 PM
That's almost 1 BTC stolen, well it happened to a lot of people lately. Sorry for the loss. Learn from it, that's the only thing you can do about it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
April 30, 2018, 05:21:03 PM
Must be some type of malware keylogger or a phishing site. We must all be careful with our crypto, we are our own bank which means adding some safeguarding measures. Banks do the same with money so we must do the same with our computers.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner
April 30, 2018, 04:18:21 PM
I'm sorry for you, but you can not return this money. You must be more attentive in future. Before you enter your private key, you must make sure that you enter it on the correct website. Sometimes phishing sites look like real ones and mislead us.
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
April 24, 2018, 12:25:53 AM
Hackers and scammers are always trying to improve their methods, so phishing is only one of hundreds possible ways. You need to get a consultation by e-security
Activity: 224
April 24, 2018, 12:13:04 AM
Wow,  sorry about that bro, I believe there was something  you did in other for an hacker to move away all your token, maybe you entered your private in a fake telegram group which I have seen countless numbers of time,  or you entered your private on a phishing website which looks like the original one.  Next time you have to be very careful when accessing website,  myetherwallet will always tell you to bookmark their website.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
April 19, 2018, 10:29:42 PM
You cant track who stole your coins,and you can get it back! its your fault not ours if you could have some good hardwallet or atleast metamask extension installed you wont be hacked easily as these two basic things are enough to protect you from phishing sites and malware and viruses from your infected computer,and you still wont need to worry about your keys.
you can only trace it and report to 911 lol, i mean it is very difficult to get it back unless the hacker is willing to return it, seems that it will not be possible.
Activity: 92
April 19, 2018, 10:22:50 PM
If there is no problem with the transaction, I guess the bigger reason is that the computer is invaded. My computer for placing my wallet has never been used for other uses.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
April 19, 2018, 08:00:13 PM
Sadly there is no way to recover your stolen funds from hacker. They should be cashed out immediately after hacked your wallet then move it to exchange sites.
I assume you got phised too
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
April 19, 2018, 07:53:13 PM

How do you log in your wallet? Do you use PV key to log in? You 'd better use JSON Files to log in. It is a file that can be used to log in other hardwares. if the hacker spy your PV key is possible to lost the fund but if the hacker log with your JSON file? it is difficult except you are connected to bittorent network so other can infiltrate your PC. Other option is that you got hacked because you click phising link? You can remember what you mistakes you have made?
Activity: 951
Merit: 250
April 19, 2018, 07:46:43 PM
Did you participate in airdrops?
Did you downloaded a software wallet for from them?  Most of them has a virus. That can hack your clipboard to get your private keys.
There are also sites with malicious script that will fetch data from clipboard and send the private keys via Ajax script.
Make sure to clear your memory everytime you open your MEW.

Activity: 504
Merit: 3
April 19, 2018, 07:44:18 PM
You have to ask yourself only one question: "Did I entered my private key somewhere or left it on my machine?". If that is a case, then probably you were phished. Maybe you clicked on some fake mail, telling you to claim your tokens by entering your private key. Or maybe hacker got to your private key on your machine. You should never enter the private key anywhere. It is for your eyes only. Have it locked up somewhere. Did you consider buying a hardware wallet?
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
April 19, 2018, 07:44:06 PM
You cant track who stole your coins,and you can get it back! its your fault not ours if you could have some good hardwallet or atleast metamask extension installed you wont be hacked easily as these two basic things are enough to protect you from phishing sites and malware and viruses from your infected computer,and you still wont need to worry about your keys.
First of all, I need to know.. how the hell that huge amount of money can be stolen ? I mean, HOW ? Are you using personal computer or laptop ? Are you using public computer or private computer in your home ? Are you using office computer or what ? Honestly, I really do not understand about that. If you have so much money like 8 grand, how can you log on some public computers. I hope you do not log on on some public computers. And above all that, if you use personal or private computer, I think your computer has some viruses and dangerous program. I hope you really understand about using a computer. If you are just an ordinary people who does not know about computer, than that is dangerous.
Activity: 181
April 19, 2018, 07:43:59 PM
You wont need to worry about this next time,you just need to use metamask extension to protect your browsers from phishing sites,hardwallet to add some protection to your keys which are built in,hardwallet has some password which is being based on your sheet manual,has recovery seed if you have lose your access or you did lose your wallet,these two are enough security and it can be used to the mew wallets.
Pages:
Jump to: